(2009) Twins/ Triplets/ Multiples mummies to be

Hi Addy,

my babies is turning 1yr old next month - they are gals, born 35weeks considered full term.

During day, they are sleeping together. At nite, the elder one sleeps with me n hb while the younger one sleeps with my mil & maid.

Mummies
Can I ask how much/close ur maid is to your bbs? wat kind of work does she do more of at home? Bb sitting? Or housework? My mum is staying with me. For me, my maid pats my younger boy to sleep, carry them when necc and play with them if i need to study.. I am resistant to letting my boys be close to maid for fear they cant recognise who is mum/maid. I fear the day when i go back to work next....really scared... and jealous..

daphne,
mine so far after pregnancy it comes normal one month once.. but this month a bit late.. still waiting... maybe i just recover from flu or stress with work!!!

My girls juz reached 6 months. In general they sleep in their own cots in my bedroom but when they refuse to sleep in the middle of night I sometimes put them on my bed to sleep with me.

I do not know wats going on wif my younger girl this week. She's very fussy in the evening. Keep crying, but yet does not want to sleep. When she finally sleep hrs later, she'll wake up and cry a bit till we put the pacifier into her mouth and pat her a little. After a while the cycle repeats. If I feed her, she may sleep for 1-2 hrs before she start this again. She used to be able to sleep peacefully for 4-5 hrs. Is she hungry?

We sometimes call our elder girl Zhang Bao Bao (dirty baby in Chinese). Coincidentally, my hubby's surname is also Zhang ;X hee

Eh mummies,, i heard it's not good to mix fish with spinach. Must check again.

Yo 76.. my job is freelance all along but at the moment plan to stay home to help care for twins. My mum stays with me mah, she also took care of my dd too. If not she got nothing to do also. So when i go run errands or nap then she'll take care with my maid. We just work around one another.

My PILs ya, they are very nice. They dote on the kids. Initially they really know nothing about caring for the twins, but slowly lah, we guided them on how to warm up BM, change diapers & stuffs, now they're quite PRO :p

I'm very worried abt my yet-to-shrink big belly leh.

Imakeitrain/Daphne, thanks for your replies... Gotto go buy the cereal to standby.

aiyo 76.. very jealous mummy
happy.gif

I've got the same experience actually, when my dd was a toddler. She fell down, got bruised, and cry cry go find AUNTY!! I was working FT at that time. I feel very jealous also, asked myself if i've spent insufficient time with my gal. So i make an effort, spend more time with her whenever i can. Now she is 5YO as is still ever so sticky until my relatives asked my which superglue brand i used.

My maid only help as & when needed. Priority still housework & washing the bottles/pumps. & we make sure she washed her hands before caring for bbs.

Can i check how u all sterilise your bottles? I dont like the vapours in the bottles after sterilsing with steriliser, so i used to old people way - BOILING!! But sometimes the bottles tend to have some metal smell.

my maid will do normal housework like ironing, wash baby clothes, wash toilet etc... I will do cooking, change of mattress and spend time with my kids..

i do treat my maid like family, i scare if i treat her like outsider she will bully my kids. So far i trust my maid coz i like to put my things all around my house, like some times $50 note which my hubby gave me in the morning then i forget to bring she wont take.. my branded watch i place it all over when i reach home.. i can say i'm very forgetful... so far no probs with my maid, she's truthful and very sincere. Even my parent like her.

She even told me that next door maid have bangla boyfriend, and also another maid wants to sell her handphone to her.. she will even let me know..

For your information, my maid scared of bangla.. She also told me that why indonesian maid likes bangla, she heard alot of story when she was in her training centre. that day one incident, she was watering the plant in the morning, then someone whom unknow keep walking around the corrider, then hold my maid buttock; 1st time she tot his beg kena her; the second time he did it again she was shock and shouted slam the door and rush to me.. I've to made police report and still investigating...

She very smart girl and fast learner.. but due to family financial she can go to uni.. and half way her college..

So i can say, i'm grateful to have her, and she has experience in looking after babies as she work in jakarta as a babysitter before.

mummies,
i worry about bring my babies to meet my in-law as this is the 1st time my in law meeting them as well as this is the 1st time they are travelling... I will bringing my twinnies to meet my in-law during september..

and i'm planning to go to hongkong this december also bring my twinnies..

any advise please what should i bring...

my maid just came in Jun.. my gals just gotten used to her recently.. basically her priority is to look after the gals when we are at work during the daytime & do housewrk only when the gals are slping or when we are back in the evening.

at this age, the gals really know that i am their mummy & their daddy.. in the evening when we are back at home, they will stick to us (particularly me). And we try to play with them as much as possible in the evening & weekends..

The babies are very smart these days..

In SG, we really have no choice but to leave the gals in the care of maid and relatives while we are working.. if not where to find the $$ to give them the best of everything.. =D

my maid is close to my younger one..becos he is fussy n needs alot of attention, then when i go to work, only left her n my evil MIL lol. so for my case i got no choice..between my maid and my MIL, i'd choose my maid, cos i'm quite ok with her and i'm 99% sure she will not poison my kid's mind with things like "yr mommy is so bad"..which is what my MIL does.. so yah lor my maid is the obvious choice here.
i jus try to spend more time with them after work and i insist that they sleep with me and no one else, also i make sure im the one who put them to sleep, feed them in the night even tho v tiring sometimes.. jus hope that thats enough lor.

oh yah that reminds me!! Recently my younger boy refuse to let my MIL carry..he's super "kua zhang"..she pick him up only he starts to wail n scream, and only stop if me or my maid carry. so my MIL got pissed and told him "u so naughty, next time no one will love you. we will all only love korkor". I WAS SO ANGRY ok!! she crazy or not u tell me!! and worse thing is she kept repeating it even after i told her not to talk to him like that.
ARGH.
sorry if i sound whiny, but i cannot tahan pple talking nonsense to my boys!!

addy
do watch yr bottles if u boil them.. cos last time my mil boiled them the bottles ended up sticking to the pot, and the plastic burnt.

daphne,
what u say is true.. babies now these days are very smart, my babies know that I'm going to work in the morning and will ask me to carry them.. then when we reach home they will always want us to carry them..

I think our babies know that we have to go out and work to support them...

wow, the thread went by so quickly for the past few days....
Welcome Addy, I've 1 boy and 1 girl and they are 71/2 months. They go to infant care in the morning and have started solids since they were 6 months.

Maids: Cant live without them yet dun want them to be around.....Just sent mine home yesterday. She didnt know she was going, so didnt want to pack and leave. Lots of drama in the house. In the end, threaten with police etc.
Damn tired.....

Addy,

Welcome. I have 1 boy and 1 ger. There are 8 months. But CA is 7 months. They started semi solid food since they are 6 months. I just promoted them to eat yogurt .

Sophia.
Finally u change ur maid. Are u getting new one?

I "trick" my ger to drink water by making her sipping water in between her porridge.

All,

Up to now, i only give them 1 full meal, 1 pear eac sometime alternate with other fruits.

then the rest are all milk. Should i start to give them one more full meal. I am still struck with hard poos... from time to time sigh

Ximi
maybe try adding one more meal bit by bit first..

For me, i am also thinking of adding their 3rd solid meal, dinner this week..but i am starting with potato puree first for dinner coz i still cant catch their dinner timing.. Currently, their schedule is like this:
6am: 160ml milk
8am-930am nap
930am: Cereal (breakfast)
1030am: Bathe
11am: 160ml (milk)
1145-2pm: Nap
2pm: Porrdge (lunch)
330pm: 160ml (milk)
345-500pm (nap)[recently, they seem to be doing without this 3rd nap, maybe older]
7pm: 160ml (milk)
Bedtime: 8pm
(Night: elder boy dun wake for milk, younger boy sometiems yes, someimtes no..if wake is around 2am-3am)
Any advise as to what time i shld slot in my dinnertime?

wow you even have their time table.. i don't have..

Meals without milk, their milk intake ard 150ml. every 2-3hours.
Morning ard 9.30 to 10.30am - porridge
Dinner ard 5.00 to 6.00pm - porride
Teabreak ard 2 - 3pm - husky biscuit

Their meals was given by my mum as she looks after them during 5 days a week. And weekend i just follow her schedule.....

Nap : They will sleep around 7.30 to 9am as they are wake up early ard 5.30 or 6.30am and dun want to sleep till they see me off to work during weekend they will wake up same time i will give them milk they will fall asleep again..

Hi mummies

it's my 1st time posting here. I hv a pair of 8 1/2 mth old twin girls.

My mum n maid takes care of my babies when i m at work in the day. As my maid has been with us since my babies are 1 week old, they are very close to her.

My babies started on rice cereals when they r are abt 7 mths old, bt stop after a while cos their stools were v hard and my mum tink dat the cereals were too heaty for them. They nw eat 2 meals of porridge and drink 3 - 4 times of milk everyday, in between they will eat biscuits, bread, orange n apple.

Anyway, hope to learn more from the rest of u, qing duo duo zhi jiao
happy.gif

Thanks Juliana for your suggestions. Yah, i know my kids tmetable and prefer to stay on top of the situation where my bbs are concerned. I will inform my mum and we will all agree to stick to a set of schedule after readng tips from this forum..ehehheeh...lots of tips here...and of coz get her 'old wives' opinion...to confirm or not do certain things.She prefers to let me take the lead in deciding wats best for bbs, e.g how many naps a day etc. when to learn potty etc.. coz she says nowadays, new mothers and new parenting many pattern till she lost touch...nowadays, everything also cannot eat..she say last time, everything also can eat...lalallala...

now adays when i go out i need to bring my babies porridge, cut fruits, biscuits.. cause whenever we eat our dinner or lunch outside they also want to eat!!!

i really like yr timetable..i wish i started my boys on one earlier on too.

juliana
my babies eat baby yoghurt. so far only managed to find at the supermarket in Liang Court.

Wowow many newcomers! Welcome Tracy!! We learn from one another ok?? Do give us your tips too!

Juliana, forget to add...yogurt expert here is Poko..anyway, thre is special bb yogurt to give, not adult yogurt ok...forgt the 2 names...but the one i bought so sour for the bbs that i finished the 6 cups between myslef and hubby

juliana, no need to pay any penalty. Since she has been with me for 7 months, she finish paying her loan. So, i choose to send her home since she fractured her arm and the agent also dun want her.

imakeitrain, what is the yoghurt brand? want to share with my kids.

Welcome tracy! the more moms the more things to share!

Wow, ur timetable is similar, tot i am the only one got super early babies. hehe

they love to have morning nap too. My mum is like yours too, she want me to start off like when to introduce new item etc. I just started to introduced loin meat (cook as soup base for babies porridge)

My timetable is similar to u,
I added cereal to their fruit for their teabreak. but that is sometime oni. They seem to like fruit alot. both of them eat a small pear on their own. what other fruits have u tried?

Juliana,
I just tested on Yogurt last sunday. the brand i got is

Barambah Organics - Yoghurt Whole Milk (Babies)
u can get it at this store (www.supernature.com.sg/) I dun dare to get yogurt from supermarket as it didnt stated suitable for babies. i tried pure plain yogurt myself last time. very yurky. But this one still bearable as long as it is mixed with papaya.
happy.gif

imakeitrain
What is the brand u got for baby yogurt?

juliana, same thing as my babies, they will come running in their baby walkers to the dining table when we see us having dinner haha

76, my babies are using huggies ultra, cost abt $0.30 per piece from ntuc, $0.18 is reali a gd deal, can i get the contact from u?

Tracy
My bbs are using huggies dry for day and only ultra for night coz ultra is exp at $0.375 a piece. I will PM you the contact for huggies dry...Ultra, i bought at $15...still not cheap...

juliana, same thing as my babies, they will come running in their baby walkers to the dining table when we see us having dinner haha

76, my babies are using huggies ultra, cost abt $0.30 per piece from ntuc, $0.18 is reali a gd deal, can i get the contact from u?

Today's thread move so fast.. is it in line with today's report of buoyant ecomomy forecast? Everyone feeling happy that more milkpowder money coming their way

imakeitrain
I think ur twins aso have some sort of a timetable lah. just that you din write it down..I also din write down mah..i just remembered in my head..hehehee

My boys' 1 yr old birthday celebration coming up next month, so exciting!!.. Have booked the function room at IL condo, ordered the deco stuff, balloons etc), 3D birthday cake...now just waiting to confirm the guests for the gathering to make my catering booking... Oh yes, thanks to Poko's inspiration, i am doing 5 montage using Photoscape software to make poster size to hang aroudn the room...and after gathering, will take home and hang in my house...thinking of framing it in transparent acrylic..wat say you? Last but not least, i need to do the following major overhaull before the big day: facial, spa, mani,pedi and hair treatment...wahahahhaha, dunno whose party is it.

my email is [email protected] thks!
i use cloth nappy in the morning n ultra at nite. the $15 u refering is for 40 pcs? i buy in packs of 64 pcs (m size), ntuc having promotion for 64 pcs, nw at $19.45, so is abt $0.30 per pc

the brand is yoplait. baby yoghurt, theres vanilla n banana..my kids prefer the banana..

dunno leh weekends when im home its pretty chaotic also..they dun have fixed time to sleep. eating n bathing have..but sleeping is not fixed, only at night.

Milk fund. i been using these words at my ger. She has been jumping in her walker and she broke a vase at my Mum plc.Didnt managed to brake in time. We have the whole place corner by by tapes machiam crime scene to clear up the debris. And my ger didn’t cry, all she did is to give my mum a innocent look and get away with this.
What did you all do? I just bot play yard to get them grounded within it. Not sure if it work? Does it work if you reason with babies now? I been explaining to her, Naughty cannot etc. It seem like she understand and the next moment she will do it again.

imakeitrain

Thanks. Do they carry other Flavour? Like strawberry

I even plan to do lasik before their 1 year old bday..so that will look better on photo. hehe !!! but still planning...
happy.gif

Hi mummies !!
Disappered for a while , it's my bbs pnemocc inj today . Also their Assesment . The good news is they r doing well , thriving n passed the 12 mth milestone checklist ( walking /cruising , vocalizing something , like da da (for daddy ) or something , sitting upright , flipping bk n forth ....

The only thing , is yes , dr agree they r rather small at 8 kg for a yr old , so wants me to monitor their feeding habits . So gotta keep a journal of way they eat , n pass to nutritionist .
Dr says he jus wants to see how the nutritionist can increase their weight

Anyway , this is their daily intake . They r super early risers as my alarm clock rings at 5.50 am to wake my don for Sch , they wake up too .
5.30 - 150 ml milk
7 am to 8 plus - sleep
9 am - cereal wif fruits or oatmeal or avacado wif yougurt n
fruits
11.30am - porridge ( fish / chick / veg )
12 plus - sleep
they may wake up in an hour or hour and half ( if i'm lucky ).
2 plus pm - puffs or biscuits , lauging cow cheese and milk
3 plus pm - nap
5 pm - porridge
7 pm - milk
8 pm - girl sleeps , milk if she wakes up midnite
10 pm - milk for boy , milk def at midnite cos his internal alarm clock will wake him up to cry for milk .

U guys think this is ok ??? Hmm ...

Yougurt - there r 2 baby brands I am v familiar with . Yoplait baby for 6 mths onwards n petit miam , for 12 mths onwards . Bb yoplait is sour personally . It is also quite a big portion , so bb may not finish it . Petit miam seems ok , though some may find it sour too . It's portion is nice n small . I bb , I portion .

I tink they dun put as much sugar into the baby yougurt compared to adult yougurt , hence the sourness . Can mix
with avacado or apple sauce or something to make it naturally sweet . Can find these 2 brands at cold storage or ntuc finest.

Maids issues
2 days ago , Mt maid made me really mad . I asked her to play wif bb while I take a quick rest aft boy went Sch at 6.30 am . I decided to come out of my room spot check her aft a few mins . She prob thinks I Kooning already , so when I came out , I saw her using her hands to peel off her dead skin from her feet ( hers very cracked n dried up ), n peeling her toe nail dirt. All these done on the patklon mat which we always emphasis must be kept clean as it's bb play area . All her dead skin thrown on mat .

My girl was alone in one corner , wif some tissue in her mouth
. I gasp and maid quickly wanted to take tissue off her mouth.

I shouted no !!!! Ah yo !! Her hands all dead skin n dirt n want to dig my girl mouth . Faint . I scolded her ( pretty calmly ) that she shd be taking care of bb , n these personal skin peeling biz is to be done in her own room ( where I can't see )!! Her face so black as macham my fault , not hers .

Then afternoon , bb crying , I ask her where is pacifier . Her hands were in the dettol water washing bb toys . Without ringing her hands , she reached for the paci that was soaked in a cup of hot water . Wa piang !!! Dettol hor ! Would u be mad if tat happen to u ? As usual no apology fro
her . Then in the late pm , she dozed off while feeding boy milk . Hold her wake up , she denied sleeping . One thing she hates to do is apologise, n for us to pint out her fault .

This drove me up the wall . Sigh ... Maid issues ...

As I'm a sahm , maid duties are cooking lunch n dinner , general housework like mop n sweep . Windows I think she cleaned at most 2 x for the year she work wif us . She says no time ...

She prep bb porridge ( rice only ) , but I handle the main ingredients that go in . She also makes milk for bb . She
looks aft them briefly when I bath or makan . She somex feeds one of the bb their dinner or lunch , but mostly I do it on my own one aft the other .

I'm def not like chummy friends with my maid , as I dun hav a
habit of chatting wif her . But I do give her off days once a mth to attend church and unwind .

Sorry for my long post ....hope u guys didn't fall asleep !!!

Hmm ...

Hi Poko.. i realise maids nowadays have attitude probs too. Sometimes say them a bit they will show their 'black-as-charcoal' face. My maid dun dare do it in front of me & hubby but does it in front of my oldfolks!! Anyway, i'd never trusted them to handle my kids alone. Will make sure that someone is always ard.

1 thing i buay tahan abt her is that when bbs wake up after napping, she stuffed their pacifiers back into their mouths & want pat them to sleep again. I told her must entertain them a bit lah, so that they wont keep gong gong sleep n sleep!! If really want spot check, i tell u, can vomit blood ah.

Addy , ya u r rite ... If I really wan to spot check , my bp sure go high up . My maid all along since day 1 , she had a "zhi tei bin". She also has mood , somex good , somex lousy . And she will show u if she not happi regardless her fault or not .

I am the " lun" kind one , so I normally lun n lun . She falls asleep in the car when hubb drive , n I watch the kids .

I tink yr maid rather hav the bb sleep so she can do her things ?? I know what u mean . My maid rather rock bb to sleep too , so she can iron or finish her chores so she can go to bed on time .

ya, i share the same thots. Dont think we employers are blind. I'm just chin chai coz they are human too mah, 'eat snake' very normal. My most impt concern is cleanliness so this one still ok lah, in front of me at least.

But sometimes i kee siao she also shut up. They are very smart lah, knows how to monitor the situation also. U chin chai, they also chin chai. But climb up my head i make sure she see my 'colour'
happy.gif

Addy and Poko
So far, i think my maid stil mild, compared to yours. But me def no fren fren to maid.....i havent had the chance to bare my fangs... when that day comes, it means i will change maid coz i dun think baring my fangs will make either side happy enuff to stand each other for another day.. once in a while i will lecture her...and creep behind her to watch her wash my bbs bottles...thats v impt to me...sometimes i will say, if my bbs LS, it is her fault..coz bottles dirty...so far, my bbs havent LS..smart rgt? point finger first

Wah suddenly after a quiet spell the thread is moving so fast!! Cant catch up so just quickly skimmed through.

Tracy -- welcome! What kind of cloth nappy do you use? The traditional kind or the modern kind like bumwear. Ive been wondering if I should try cloth diapering.

Addy -- I bought my Happy Bellies thru a BP the Jan2010 mommies organised. But I know the shop at Paragon sells it ... cant remember the name its located on the floor with all the kids wear shops.

Daphne -- I havent had my menses yet since pregnancy! It is one of the reasons why I may just continue expressing breastmilk. I like not having my menses!

imakeitrain -- You've been busy at work? Dont see you often on this thread nowadays.

Baby yoghurt - you can get baby yoghurt in ntuc or cold storage. one thing to note, not every baby can eat yoghurt. I tried on mine and both times, they got severe cough and my pd asked me to stop.

Maid - poko, my maid likes to pick on her toe nails too and scratch her head. Damn bloody dirty. Already told her off several times but I don't think she kicks her habit. I hate maids but no choice. I tell you what, next time u pick on your toe nails, don't wash your hand, then you go pick out some food (bread or biscuit) and pass it to her. These maids totally have no common sense and are damn dirty.

76, where are you getting your cake from?

bbq
Mention abt maid scratching head..mine also like to scratch head leh...while carrying bb...but hor, how to tell them not to scratch head when itchy ah? I also feel like telling them leh...hw? My head itchy i also need to scracth mah.. Headache..sigh...
I ordered my cake from The Pattisier, 2kg, double chocolate praline cake..

BBQ , 76, ya lor . My maid like to scratch head , pick her dead skin n nails , scratch her ears . V gross , espec when handling bb. When she first started work , I saw her use the cooking ladel n while cooking soup , tried the soup wif it , n put ladel on again before washing . Needless to say , my soup went to the dust bin .

Why , why , why do they drive us up the wall wif these bad habits ?

Can I ask u when yr maid wakes up , that is if she doesn't bath immediately , will she brush her teeth n wash her face?

Some x , I can smell her breath , n she look duper stone in the morning . As my bb wakes up 5 plus am , I hav to pass her a bb to watch while I prep my older boy for Sch . She look super stone , I worry she doze off n drop him .

Poko
First thing my maid wakes is to brush teeth and wash face..she seldom needs to cary bbs that early.Even if she does, she wil have to brush teeth etc...i also find her got bad breath...tho she has brushed her teeth..maybe she doesnt talk as much as us...

Oh yes, another thing i cant stand about my maid is she is so dainty lor...Give her apple, she will cut the fruit herself and put on plate to enjoy, she thinks she queen or what...i think she shld just bite and swallow and get it over and done with instead of wasting water to wash the plate later..And also when she eats her meals, she cuts her food up..sometiems we just bite the chicken from the mouth etc..but she just cuts everything and then when she aims wrongly, the cutlery will clang with the plates which soemtiems disturbs the bbs...coz my dining just outside one of the bedrooms. i am getting more and more pek chek with her, so much so that what she does just irritates me.

poko, yes, mine will wash up. i think their breathe sticks because they seldom talk nor drink water.

76, if itchy, scratch liao wash hand lor. if she wants to use dirty hands carry her baby, that is her problem, but not ours. How long has the maid been with you? Maybe when you start working, see less of her, then you won't be so pek chek. I still pek chek when I see mine so when i talk to her, i don't look at her.

Is your cake a 3d cake?

Back