(2009) TTC-ing for baby girls!! Come on in!

snowyin,

i use that method also but for first one, i dunno if it worked coz' i tried everyday while i was ovulating, heehee. i guess if i'm trying for #2, need to plan better though my cycle has not resumed yet, so dunno if i will continue to be regular or everything has already gone haywire. my period is still not back coz' i'm still BF even though it's been almost 6 months. guess i have to wait much longer if i wanna try. hopefully it comes back by this year coz' i'm still hoping to BF my son even if he won't be taking 100% BM coz' ss is dipping.

candice,
wat I meant is try to BD frequently before till after ovulation, it's the same logic as wat mashy stated above for blanket bombing.

krex,
jiayou in BFing k!! my gal oso on partial BF after I started work and try to target for a year lor. U take this time to recuperate ur strength and fitness back too, then when u stop BFing in future, u can start trying for number 2 liao.

3rd factor: position
for boys, try deep penetration cos the male chromosome is a faster "swimmer" but will not last too long (no stamina); gal is opposite lor.

hi snowyin, reason being is the male sperm tend to swim much faster than female sperm, so if u plant it before the O, higher chance is that you will have a gal.
happy.gif

Hee.. this is wat i read from the web.

The Shettles Method
Dr. Shettles asserts that XY (boy-making) sperm are faster than XX sperm, but that they die out faster. XX sperm, the kind that makes girls, are slower than XY sperm but hardier - meaning they are more able to withstand the acidic environment of the cervix, so they can hang around longer. If you desire a boy, according to Dr. Shettles, you should:

* Time intercourse as close to the moment of ovulation as you possibly can (you can determine ovulation time by using ovulation predictor kits or charting your basal body temperature). The idea behind this is that since the XY sperm are faster, they're more likely to reach and fertilize the egg first.

* Have intercourse in a position that allows the deepest penetration possible, such as rear entry or "doggy-style." This is because with deep penetration, the sperm will be deposited closest to the cervix where the environment is more "XY-friendly" and the XY sperm will have less distance to travel.

* Abstain from intercourse for four to five days before ovulation, and then only do it on the day of ovulation.

* Make sure the female partner has an orgasm to increase the XY-favorable alkaline secretions in the vagina.

* Avoid heat and tight clothing in the testicular area; these things will kill off the less hardy XY sperm faster.
And to get a girl, according to Shettles, you should:

* Have intercourse two to three days before your estimated ovulation date so that the XY sperm will die out and the XX sperm, since they're hardier, will be able to reach the egg.

* Have intercourse with shallow penetration, which gives the slower but longer-living XX sperm the advantage.

* Avoid orgasm, if you're the female partner, to keep the vaginal environment slightly acidic and friendlier to the XX sperm.
In his earlier publications, Dr. Shettles suggested that to increase the odds of a girl, women should use a vinegar and water douche before intercourse; he has since retracted that suggestion.

redtea,

if i have intercourse before and during ovulation, means i got 50-50 chance of boy or girl is it?

snowyin,

i dunno when i wanna stop bf leh. but i hope i won't have to give up bf prematurely so tt my cycle will return :p

krex,
depend on penetration le. deep will have higher chance of boy and shallow higher chance of girl.
but before O is better la.

me now partial BF. wanna stop liao.. too tired. my DS is 10mth le. i'm giving him friso fm, wanna give him enfa.. but he reject and we tasted both fm. enfa sure don't taste good. friso better.

redtea,

hmmm...i can't remember liao. just curious to know how we ended up with a boy (although we really didn't plan the gender since it's #1). but i rem trying before and during O, and it turned out to be a boy.

my boy going to be 6 mths soon and i dun think i wanna stop totally yet. giving him 1 FM feed at night now. i'm also very tired, but i do enjoy the bonding and want to give him the best. i will consider weaning slowly since my ss not that great anyway. i think once he can eat solids well, will gradually drop BM and intro more FM. meanwhile, just have to wait and see when my period comes back lor.

i'm giving him enfalac. he didn't reject. i think he's not fussy abt anything. so far tried mamil gold and enfalac only.

krex,
my AF return after i reduced my pump session. now i only pump 2x per day. more time to sleep. hee.. and not as tired le.

hope we all can strike gal for our #2. jia you!

redtea,

i hope to get there over the next few months. very tiring to sleep late and wake up early! what is AF? how many mths b4 yr menses came?

Krex,
AF = aunty flow = menses
my AF return at 4mths after i reduced to 4pumps session, then return agn at 9mths when i reduced to 3pumps session. and have become monthly le.

now i still sleep late but wake up only 30mins later. hee..

hah? can like that one ah? tot when menses come back, it is permanent liao.

i did bleed abt 2-3 mths after delivery still and cldn't confirm if it's menses or post delivery bleeding. the flow wasn't heavy but it lasted for abt a week each time.

since oct last yr, no more bleeding liao. not even when i reduced pumps when i got back to work then.

now i pump 2x a day and latch on for the rest. when i'm working, i do a total of 4 pumps and latch on for 1, or 5 pumps if i dun latch on at all.

wah, now i wonder when my menses will really come back. btw, did u ovulate w/o menses? wonder if that's possible though i know i can be fertile anytime now already.

hi everyone, i will be trying for baby girl born early 2010, already hav a boy 27mths now.
happy.gif

abt the chinese fortune calendar hor, i hope i'm reading the thing right...my chinese age should be 1 yr older than my english age right? and the lunar month should be 1 mth less than the english one right?

Hi Krex, it's possible to ovulate w/o menses for the 1st cycle only. because ovulation happens about 2 weeks before menses. ovulation is the release of an egg. menses is the breaking down of the lining supporting an unfertilized egg. so, ovulation must happen before menses.

I'm hoping for a bb girl. Will be trying sometime this month. putting my hopes on the chinese calendar!

Dumbger, you will need the chinese calander for accuracy. you need to work out your chinese birthdate - add one year to your english birthdate once your chinese birthdate is passed. then check the chinese calander for the year that you plan to try to work out the lunar month. generally, it is 1 month less.
happy.gif

Hi mummies

I am also thinking of trying for a gal for my #2. Anyone have experience with Choicebaby? They said they can help by calculating the right time for gals/boy up to 90%. But not cheap, have to pay $880 upfront but with money back guarantee. I am hesitating because of the cost
sad.gif

www.choicebaby.com

peapod: That's an interesting website... HB & I were analysising the business strategy rather than the content... hee hee... we were debating on whether the business has potential...

HB thinks it's s sure-win biz strategy - reason being, whether boy or gal, there's a 50-50 chance. So it does not take a professional to 'calculate'. If biz calculates accurately, owner receives $880. If not, there's nothing to lose either, just refund.

On the other hand, I was trying to debate on whether potential parents will/ should use the service. I was thinking if I'm desparate enough, what is $880 to have someone throw some guide... HB on the other hand, thinks that his chance is going to b 50-50 anyway, he thinks that even without paying he still has a 50% chance, after all, the biz cannot gurantee 100% accuracy.

BTW, HB says anyone interested can contact him... he can try predicting for you too... hahaha... (kidding)

interesting website, but have decided i will let god decide the gender of my next bb. of course, we'll still try by natural ways to increase chance of having a girl, but i only plan to use the billings methods. hardly know how to use the chinese calendar, haha. that's why just waiting for signs of ovulation so i can start charting again...

cactus
hey thks! sure is cheem man!
happy.gif

abt choicebaby...well it's sure is a heafty sum! but i believe there are parents out there who think wat is $880 to get the gender of the bb they wan. after all, comparing long time of keeping a bb, $880 is really quite a meagre sum. and anyway, the coy says they will give 100% money back guarantee if the mother conceived the opposite gender.

Morning Mummies...

Sorry to intrude into this thread. I already have a girl and I'm trying for a boy.
Can you share with me how you managed to conceive a boy?

hi all mummies,
i hv 2 gals liao. Just to share but not sure if accurate for all.
Eg,if my period is Day 1, and menses is over on Day 7, so on Day 8 or 9,we started BD. Then every 2 or 3 days, we BD again.

I had wanted a Boy for #2 but my fault that i did not calcuate my O day.I really blame myself and also the fact my period cycle is quite regular, i shld be able to track. Haiz...

I still undecided if to try #3 cos really not easy to raise & take care of 3 kids. But i really loved to hv a bb boy...

How to conceive boy ah? anyone? just to share...Tks.

RedTea, thks!!
Yah, my mense used to be very regular till i had my girl and after i stop BF, my mense don seem to be as regular. it can range from 28 days to 34 days
sad.gif
how can i monitor my O day?

Hi all, I am new here.

I am also wishing to get a baby girl like all of you. But I do not know when I can try for baby as I had a miscarriage last Dec on boxing day
sad.gif

Do any of you have any ideas when I can start trying for baby? And how to really determine in getting a baby gal (any methods? Heard the Chinese Calendar is quite zhun, but where to get the calendar). TIA.

Hi Krex78, thanks for your reply. I think I have better follow my gynae's advice to try after 6 mths. Have to make sure body is strong before trying. Do not want to spread 'weakness' to the baby.

hi glitter and Bena,
for irregular period,the best way to track O is OPK lor. i din used it last time cos, it can't seem to work for me.. every time i test is -ve. as i have a regular period, so i track by date and cervical mucus.

Bena,
hmm.. my period return too.. but oso irregular after birth of my boy, intend to stop BF le. now i oso dunno how to track.. but will monitor how i can track for a few cycles.

any mummies know of any info or site that helps u check the compatibility of ur children's horoscope and parents' horoscope?

i'm looking to get a 2010 girl, but i dunno if cow or tiger more compatible with my hubby and me?

Hi,

I was told if you wish for a gal.Go to the Bugis Goddess of Mercy temple.Hold a pink lotus while praying for a gal.Hold a white lotus while praying for a boy.Cos I happen to like pink colour so whenever I go I just hold a pink lotus while praying & maybe that's how I got a girl for the 1st one. :)

Hmm..everyone seems to be hoping for girl...i thought boys are more sought after? ;] Anyway, im expecting a girl..but im fine with it since its my first child...hoping to haf 2-1 boy 1 girl...heard fr my friend that there is this chinese astrology thingy which shows like at this age, which mths easier to concieve boys. He was saying, younger ladies tend to have higher chance to haf girls (out of 12 mths only 2 mth is suitable for conceiving boys) whereas for older ladies(ard 30) more chances of boy...duno how true is it... but he said will pass mi the chinese astrology...

My husband is the only one to continue their family line...so HOPE next one is boy... =)

Joann: Good luck! Well, I've 3 girls and my husband is also the only son in his family. But I dun give a damn! I want a child because I'm gonna love him/ her, not to pander to family lines... I'm still wishing for a 4th girl... hee hee.. I just love girls... & my girls are sweeeet! All 3 have different temperaments & simply lovable... enjoy your girl!

hi...tis is a very interesting thread...
....i have a "recipe" from my mom..( old chinese method )
its quite accurate to know whether ur expec gal or boi...hehehe... ( happen on mine too )
have trying to calculate some of my fren...and all cun.

Try on 1 of my fren when she pregs 2 months and voila....so accurated......she very sad bcos want boi but she got a bb gal....
and i think i will count on it ( count it opposite way ) to the next 1.

just intermezo..if you pregs now...want me to "count" ????
happy.gif
happy.gif

chance upon this thread, very interesting cos i hoping for a gal

hehe, lucky saw the thread..

if my menses is on 19th, should it be trying b4 or after to get a gal

hi babypink....
can i know wat is ur shio....base on ur age... i ll try to count for you which month you can "make" for bb gal ler...
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

hi yungkimmy, i m trying for bb girl though just had miscarriage last dec/
my shio is rabbit, and my menses period is 35-40 days
thanks in adv

hi...mildstrawberry

ur ages = 23 / 35 ( shio kelinci )
menses period = 35 - 40 days

so u can try it at month 3rd and 5th...chinese month...month 3rd its now lor.......
happy.gif
happy.gif

good luck

yungkimmy, can count in advance if not preg? so that I know which months to try? I'm trying for a boi (cos my 1st is a ger)...but chanced onto this thread and find your post interesting.

What do u need to calculate?

Back