2009 any mummys staying in serangoon area

Hi Fitti, I use to use this local parttime cleaner. she is very very good, however i have a maid now so i', not using her now. She also work for my MIL for the past 10 yrs! I pay he 50 per day. she is at her 50s now so she work a bit slow, but she is very very clean! i usualy gave her a set of my houekey and she will drop by once a week. after she finished her work she will lock the door and go home herself:0 HEr name is Aunty Ya Ching, 63631152, she dont hv a hp, so u can only reach her in the morning say 9.30.
Hope u will like her
happy.gif

Fitti & Yiwen,
i also went to Joewe to check out b4.. In my opinion, please dun send your kids there.. cos hor, i think they nt really good in taking care of the kids.. I went there and saw the kids loitering around on their own, not much activities and the kids there like in their own world de.. No interaction..

Fitti,
You know where is Sheng siong? Cheries hearts is just at that building..

Princessdella,

agreed on your point, this is the reason we sending our girl to cheries hearts.

fitti,
currently infant have 4 babies & if one baby sick will spread to others. So far my girl with them 3 1/2moths, so far have minor sick not so serious.

thanks princessdella for the feedback. I was concerned after looking at their menu...almost everyday is ikan bilis porridge, no fresh fish or something like that so I kinda striked off that option.

yiwen: I dunno where Sheng Shiong is but I can find out. =) I have to decide by November.

fitti,
u are still on maternity now ah?
where are you staying at exactly?
i juz bought my new house at blk 114 also.. but have been staying at this area for like 10 years liao..

yiwen,
4 is the max number for 1 teacher right?

princessdella,

yes 4 to 1 is the max. Sometime also have to learn close one eye on their handling method.

Fitti,
According to IFC , they will cook fish & rotate the menu. Let you knoe when my girl start menu.

hi ladies,
was wondering if anyone has tried ELFA @ Serangoon (near the bus interchange, where the old Braddell CC used to be) for infant care? I took a look at it and while it cost about $700/month after subsidy, it looked rather spacious and the programme for infants looked rather reasonable. My little one is coming out somewhere in Sept09, so I'm trying to find a good centre before I have to go back to work next year.

princessdella: Not on maternity yet. My EDD is 3rd Dec. My place is along Yio Chu Kang Rd, that is why if go Joewe (Ave 4) is more convenient but really cannot make it lah, they don't cook fish or anything fresh, just ikan bilis porridge everyday, from the menu I was shown.

yiwen: Cherie Hearts cook fresh fish? I will probably go have a look this weekend.

Hello,

I stay at Kovan area, opp the NTUC at Kovan MRT area. I'm new to this forum, hope to get to know more mummies.

My baby girl was pushed out on 5th August, via C-section
happy.gif

See ya,
Mag

yiwen: Thanks thanks! That's Cherie Hearts right? I am going to visit the centre maybe this evening if we can make it.

yiwen, that wasn't me. I was too tired after work and gynae visit so HB said we visit this saturday instead.

yiwen: we went to have a look at Cherie Hearts yesterday. In terms of hygiene and management, it is definitely better than Joewe. Food seems nutritious as well. The only worry fr HB is that he noticed that the playgroups and Kindi classes have "aunties" as their teachers instead so he is worried abt what happens (the learning) after our baby goes up to the older group.

Anyway, thanks so much. =)

hi all

I am also in serangoon area in lorong chuan. any mommies nearby.
my daughter is almost 3 months now. been giving her nan1.

do u think i can start giving cerelac now....

hi mummies

my mum is staying at serangoon ave 1 & taking care of my 2 kids, 2yrs & 7mths. my #1 is attending playgroup at smartgro.

princessdella
so surprise to see you here =) how's your boy doing at CC?

shu huang
my #2 is born on 29th jan too.

mudpie,
long time no chat.. hahaha..
i seldom go into our thread now.. hehehe..
glad to see you here too..
My boy i think adapting quite well, although he will still cry when we send him there.. but once gt activities, he will forget le..

shu huang,
when is your actual EDD? both mudpie and i were from Feb 09 mummies thread..

gayathri,
do you mean giving cereal to your baby?

fitti,
actually auntie teacher also not too bad.. my boy cc teacher in-charge also auntie but i think she is quite gd..

hi princess

i meant the nestle cerelac...well but i really dunno if it is available here also but'''

wht do u recommend other than formula for 3 months baby

Hi mudpie,
I'm staying at paya lebar road. Gave birth at gleneagle. Initially don't plan 2 give birth there but doctor insisted cause mine is emergency n premature, earlier by 1 month.

Hi princessdella,
Actually my actual EDD is 13 march but unfortunately she wants to come out early on 29 jan. If I'm not mistaken I went into January mommy thread but not so active over there.

Hi gayathri,
My doctor mention to me b4 that it's better to wait till at least 5 months for cereal. 3 months is too young, intestine is not fully mature yet, afraid of indigestion.

u r welcome gayathri... no rush in giving cereal and solic... at 5th month, u may also give some fruits like papaya and banana..

Anything beside milk need to wait at least 5 month. The best is 6 month. U can intro a bit in the middle of 5th month. Baby's system is only meant to digest milk below 5 month. If u feed too early, the baby may face higher risk of allergy

HI Mummies, I'm from AIA. Pls PM me if you're keen to discuss financial planning for you little ones or yourselves. Thanks and have a great weekend!

deerdeer,
i think Amazing Star is gd.. The teachers there are very friendly and good.. My boy is there as well.. I think they are at the same PG class..
But den he had not been attending school last week as he is nt feeling well.. my boy is 21 months as well.. Born 17 dec 07, how about your gal?

deerdeer no leh..
I dun think i had met any of the mummies at Amazing Star yet.. but i gt 2 other neighbours with babies born around the same time as my boy.. oni few days apart.. I'm staying at Ave 1..

Your gal just started attending classes there? Mine started in mid Aug.. Oh what's your gal's name? You can PM me if not convenient to post here..

deerdeer,
did not receive your PM but is your gal always at your parents or PIL place at ave 1? Cos one of my neighbour also gt 2 grand daughters like your gals' age..

hi,
m staying in serangoon north ave 1... blk 120... got a ger 22mths+, boi 3mth+... thought of sending ger to child care.. any reco??

Hi,i wan ask got any recomend/wan(for SAHM tat can take care my bb together) to be bb sitter near serangoon mrt? but the price i can give ard 200 to 300 due to my economy prob.thanks

Hi ladies...Michelle here.. I staying at Serangoon Ave 4. My boi is abt 15mths old liao.
Btw, there is going to be a First Skool Infant/Childcare opening in my area. You can check out the website for First Skool (think its by NTUC). The rates are pretty reasonable. Im thinking of sending my boi there once he turns 2yrs old... coz its only next block to my home.

Im so glad that its opening, coz we dun own a car. And those schools that you all mentioned off (Cherie Hearts/ Amazing Star) yes I did consider too. But hard for me to accomodate the distance and timing.

Btw, do you people frequent online shopping for your kids? There is this new site my friends recommend me... can check it out. I bought some clothes there for my friends's baby shower.

www.mybabyangel.com.sg

Hello mummies..i am staying at serangoon north ave 4.. my girl is 5 months plus now.. i am starting on herbalife now to see if i cab lose some weight.. anyone interested?

any mummies got any good recommendation for good housing agents to buy flats in the serangoon north area? Considering moving to this vicinity...PM me..

Halo lullaby,
I got a agent to recommend. He was my agent when i bought my flat at SN Ave 1 earlier this June.
PM me if you need his contact.

Hi mummies, I'm staying at Serangoon North Ave 4 - Blk 535A. I've a 7 months old baby girl and 4 years old boy. Can someone arrange for a gathering for all mummies staying within Serangoon to get to know each other, like a pot luck? My e-mail address is [email protected]

Hi, all or you. Is there anyone 1 know which primary school is good at Woodlands area other than Evergreen? Heard that this school not all registered PV are call for volunteer work although registered before MOE's deadline of 30June. Any info of Almiralty P S, Woodgrove or Innova... ?

i stay around serangoon ave 1. my girls (4yo & 2 yo) go to day care at Masterpiece (sommerville walk). a bit ex but they hv a gd cirriculum.

Back