(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

Bidosoh, don't have to worry. I let my boy self feed at times (food that he can pick up with a fork) and when I want to feed him mushy messy food, I tell him " mum feed you ok?" and he is usually willing to be fed.

Bidosoh, with my girl, she will feed herself with small spoonfuls while the adult (me or my mum) will feed her like normal. She is ok with that.

Rue, I've tried Petite Bowl....the food is yummy but quite expensive. Only tried once.

bidosoh,
i let him hold a spoon but no food..cos he will play with the food. i just let him try to put into his mouth while i feed him.

Potty:
so far, he dun pee when i try to sheeshee him.
poo. also impatient, maybe he not ready to poo that time.

superwalker, ashley and kimifin, i only let her self feed with food without using spoon. Such as bread, biscult & fruits. She is able to feed herself with these.

Superwalker, xi ke leh. You didn't post for the longest time.

Sporty - yah.. not been logging on for a while!

You all bring your bbs to GUG? I am going to do a trial there this sunday.. so so packed - which session do you go to? She is attending playdays once a week cos its close to my place.

kimifin, bidosoh, ashley, superwalker- My gal prefers to feed herself - with hand or spoon (maybe 10% proficient..haha).. she only allows us to feed her porridge, but when she is given pasta she feeds herself.

kimifin - we have 2 types of potty - one the normal type and one with the handle and lid. She hates both. I also dont know how to get her to sit on it. She stands up to poop!
happy.gif

Self feed - only when my gal is eating fruits, bread, cookies.

Potty - haven't try.

How about brush teeth? My gal still took the toothbrush from me and threw it away.

Self feed - My boy only self feeds on food that doesn't require a spoon or fork, e.g. bread, snacks.

Potty - Yes, he can sit on the potty only when we tells him to but he still can't automatically tells us that he wants to poo/pee. Is that considered potty-trained? How do you do potty-train, btw?

rue, dun be angry with ur mil la...i think she is juz teasing Lil C... sometimes if u let them take care of ur kids, juz have to close one eye or close 2 eyes lor... no matter what, they will still have the bb's interests in their hearts lor

MMR jab is quite potent one...i rem my boy had fever for 1 week after tha jab where he didnt have any fever from his other jabs! also some pple defer MMR for fear of autism...

ashley, every week i see amanda, i find her v cute lor
happy.gif
dun worry abt her ignoring the songs, she will get a hang of it soon... wow amanda's so smart can self feed! mine can only self feed biscuits and bread nia...

1st time mummy, we are taking sun morning class... come join us
happy.gif

re : potty training
i haven started yet cuz am kinda lazy... will let the teacher do the job once my gal goes cc next yr! haha

ethan had his mmr last week ..
so far he is ok *keeping fingers cross*
but i noticed he gets more cranky at nite (not sure related anot) after the jab haiz ...

potty training-
normally we know his usual timing...n try to ask him sit, he dun wan.
he only allow us to put him on potty if he got 1 small pc out or very rarely, constipation.

sporty, same here. I am not really bother by potty training. I still remember how my son is toilet trained. He has this redness on his urinal part when he is around 20 months. He said it is very painful. So I told him, if he wanted the pain to go away, then he cannot wear pampers anymore. He need to tell me when he wanted to do business. Of course I don't depend on him. I bring him to toilet every 45 minutes. Just 2 days of training, he is able to tell us accurately when he need to go toilet. Of course there are accident along the way, very very rarely in the first month. He would pee on the floor. He would give us that guilty and worried look. We just told him there is no worries, just an easy clean up. Just need to tell us earlier. Luckily he always give us the right message when he wanted to do big business.

Of course, there are other children who are toilet train later. Even at 3 or 4 years old.

Ashley, yup I agreed with sporty. Lil A is so cute when she stomp on her feet to show her refusal. There goes to show that she understand what is happening. My gal still has that blur look all the way. She is so worried the teacher ask her to look what is there in the bag.

Sporty, your gal enjoy the gug class tremedously too. She giggle so much during the zoophonics and the songs.

ayukie, if i rem correctly...the fever after mmr comes after a few days, not the day after... hopefully ethan's not cranky becuz of tha!

bidosoh, yeah...cuz eventually they will be toilet train... and now i think they are still young la... i think a good time is when they are 2/3 when they understand instructions better and show readiness...if not can be quite frustrating training them... yes my gal enjoys GUG v much so far! i dunno why she like 'jerry jelly fish' so much! hahahha

btw can i check...anyone's bb is not walking yet?! or all are walkers already?

sporty - i knwo the missy told me 3-4 days .. anyway so far so good he shd be fine bah .. the missy says depends on the immunity too .. but before that we spent 3-4 mths feeding him anything with eggs (white and yolk)
i guess he just wants attention maybe and he maybe didnt have enpugh rest lor thus cranky .. yest he watch animal mechanic drink milk slp .. v nice ..

kanelmo/bidosoh, my boy started walking when he was 15/16 mths... my gal coming to 15 mths next week like no signs still and its like everyone's tod is walking already...

sporty, old people said that for girl the later they start walking the more 'fu qi'. BTW, your gal's bak bak leg is already an indication.

swanston, orhh ok...still got 2 mths to 17 mths...hopefully she walks by then...

bidosoh, bak bak legs indicate tha she cant walk early? too fat??!! haha...

hi all, long time never post... super busy with work and with my girl!

haha... sporty, i'm sure bidosoh means her bak bak legs indicate 'fu qi' lah! my girl has just started to walk more steadily last week... now it's chasing time!! super tiring...

btw, i'm going to get a new car seat for my girl as she is going to outgrow her current infant car seat liao... any good recommendations? brand and model?

Hi.. Ask u all arr.. How do u slp train ur bb to sleep? My gal used to either slp on her mattress or yaolan but recently she refused both.. Juz want to be on my bed roll & roll until she tired then fell aslp..& she dun even want me to pat her to slp! Juz wanna play & roll on my bed till tired then juz slp.. Sometimes i have to wait abt 1.5hrs b4 she finally slp..

yanyan, my gal also sleep by herself by rolling on my bed. the shortest time is 5min when she's super tiring lor.. LOL~

WTshare, drypers wee wee dry has buy 1 get 1 free promotion in guardian. till tml. need to bring a non dryper plastic packaging for this promotion..

Hi mummies,

I long time never log in liao. I happen to see this Glenn Doman course deal on Beeconmics. I tot it's a gd deal so i bot it. but then they need to have min qty of 30 before the deal can go thru. So if you gals are interested, can go check it out. Link as below.

http://www.beeconomic.com/?r=vz4RQDBCi2wZwvbewBlJCg%3d%3d&v=Ckgiv%2bFMiRnl3ct0EgCnuw%3d%3d

Glenn Doman is an early childhood educator and it seems that he's very successful in this field. the deal is only $28 and it includes a trial class, a 15 min assessment of your child, a 60min parent workshop and some other perks.

Hello mommies! I hope all the toddlers didn't get sick after new year.

I'm in KK...my gal has fever...highest was 39.4 today. Now 38.7 n start have runny nose. Waiting Q very long. After festive season, got sick. Argh! Could be due to not drink enough water but my gal given crackers by relatives. Or caught the flu bug from a relative.

hey all... Happy Rabbit Year to all!

So long didn log in.. hehe....

For the GUG classes, did you all join the Parent and Babe Wkend enrichment programe?

sporty, thanks! maybe wil enroll my gal to try... hehe... seems that everyone here who signed up wif GUG are happy...

hi mummies,
happy new year.

Long time no login.

Eh experienced mummies, want to ask..
Our bbs are due for MMR jab liao hor, will MMR jab cause fever?

And heard some ppl say if mummy is preg, canot bring child for MMR as scared the virus will spread to mummmy and foetus?
Got such thing mah?
wana ask coz TTC-ing .... just in case.

hi starrz. It all depend on bb. Not all will get fever with MMR jab. My boy back then is alright with all jabs including mmr. While my girl have fever for the first month and 3rd month jabs, subsequent jabs she is alright. Duno about MMR. Its a very highly debated jab. Some claimed that it caused autism. Actually it strike me before that some of us actually allergy to certain medicine, such as some antibiotic. So duno if some babies are actually allergy to these jabs or not?

Just remember that you have posted something about trying not letting your gal nap before. So how is her sleeping pattern now?

My gal seems to br napping lesser this month.

Also she kept putting things (edible and non-edible) to her mouth. Also kept wanting to 'mum mum' (eat) when she saw us eating. If you refuse she will fuss. If she is holding on to some food/biscult she will request us to open and feed her.

ya i post before abt my gal not wanting to sleep in the noon.
We really had difficulty making her sleep for the afternoon nap ( her 4pm nap) so we let her be and then let her sleep early at 8pm.
No choice liao.

abt the MMR and preggy mummy, u got hear before?

Starrz, you preggy?

MMR jab really that serious ah? Then must try to take more eggs be4 the jab? my gal dun seem quite interested in eggs leh....

cljl,
planning planning so ask ask first.

Duno leh, see some ppl write like so serious like that so i ask ask.
u let your gal take MMR liao??

Hi.. Does eating more eggs b4 the mmr jab helps in not having fever? My gal always have fever after jabs.. I feel like postponing the mmr jab.. Is it ok to postpone?

The MMR must be taken between 1-2 years old, right? So I can postpone the jab till just before my boy turns 2. Is that the understanding?

For mommies who go to GUG class, do you know the lyrics to the Good Morning Song and the Hello Song (the one that has various languages)? I've been trying to sing to my son but realize I'm using half-past-six lyrics. Kekeke!

<font color="ff0000">happy lunar new year!!!

everyone huat ar!</font>

re: mmr jab
my girl just took it last monday. nurse told me to watch out for fever after 1 week. so far so good. no fever. oh, she also say if got fever may have rashes for 2 days too.

I'm gg to bring my gal for MMR jab this sat. Hopefully will not spoil my cny gatherings. *pray hard*

When do toddlers start to talk? My DD can only baby talk &amp; sing, but we couldn't understand what she is trying to convey.

Recently noticed my DD started to use her palms to hit her own head, quite hard kinda. wonder what went wrong. once in a blue moon. headache??

Back