(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

noel, if u are weaning off in bfing, maybe pump when u are engorged and slowly reduce pumps?

adelynn, mb she's v happy tha mummy's with me everyday during the trip, thas why decided to be sticky
happy.gif

kanelmo, i usually get angel wipes/carlson wipes from JL...$5.50 for 3 packs, very cheap
happy.gif

sporty: haiyo, cannot tahan man, go toilet also cannot. at night sleep must hold onto my shirt, terribly sticky

kimifin: i use spiffles wipes after her last feed. in the morning i use bb toothpaste - apple banana flavour i think brand cant remember

sporty, quite jialat lo.. haiz... very heartpain.. her father only caught her legs... heng I apply ice for her to control the swell if not i think very bad... got something on so cant make it for the bash lo.. wasted....
very stress lo... but duno y i didn see alot of blue black leh... when i rub zamba for her lightly she cry damn loud....

trying to see if can wean off anot, need my life back though..haha...

Oh yeah, the angels/carlson wipes is cheap, i bought some but haven try on bb...

The quality not bad.

Hi cljl,

Go buy those edge cushion for ur coffee table. I find it veri useful. As least I dun hv to worry when baby is near e table. Can get Frm bulk purchase, tink subject is ur child safety is ur top priority, etc.. Quite costly but u dun hv to be scared tat will Kenna those sharp edges & corners. Won't peel off easily. For my small side table in bedrm, used up 2m. My tv console nid abt 5m. But no choice lah, dun wan c bb get injured.

cljl, hope you girl is ok now. Must be very very painful, poor thing.

Noel, see what you want lor. For me if I know an electronic double pump did wonder and is so much different from manual pump, I guess I will continue to pump during my son's time. I was so reluctant to stop last time. But too bad he refused to latch long and I am so scare of his sharp teeths. Also manual pump isn't suitable for my hectic workload.

Actually I also read somewhere that mummies should try to anticipate when baby is full. So unlatch before he is full to prevent bites.

So happy, on leave tomorrow and Wed. Looking forward to be with my cuties.

Cljl, hope ur gal is alright.. My gal had a bad fall the other time too.. The bump is as big as the fist! It looked really bad... If u dun see blue black better rub more zambak, the clot blood might be inside, need to rub till it turns red.. That's what I was told by my mum...

Sporty, 2 bowls was in the past! Now she refuses to eat porridge and cereal.. I have headache what to give her.. Even rice she doesn't want... She likes macaroni and pasta, but can't give that to her everyday... Sigh....

Bidosoh, I'm using Carlson wipes too. Super cheap! Anyway, now I seldom use wipes liao... only give wipes to the school to use, but I also instruct them to wash more instead of just using wipes... Hee...

Shers, I only giving my gal probiotics now to boost her immunity and solve her stomach belatedness problem.. Seems to work well...

cljl, your poor baby...hope she is ok now.

I have another question on food - can our babies drink yakult now? My hubby fed my girl some yakult despite my protest. I'm not sure if our babies' body is ready to take yakult.

Can I also rant here? I was so mad the other day - my FIL fed my baby a teaspoon of coffee and my SIL fed her a teaspoon of laksa soup. Why? Just because they wanna see my baby's reaction to coffee and something spicy like laksa. So f**king dumb! They think it's so funny! I said no very loudly but they all ignore me. I feel so lousy as a mummy who can't protect her baby from idiots who fed her bad stuff just for fun!

PeiPei which brand of probiotic you are using? Is it the same one as I bought. I am looking for alternatives too. The one tuarus recommand is the similar as mine. But the problem is I duno if the 'live' probiotic will 'die' on its way to SG.

Ashley - i can feel your frustration and pain. No feel bad cos ignorant people got no brains to think! Mayb next time u should stuff lots of chili padi in their mouth and see what's their reaction too "just for fun"!

BTW, may i know what time does most babies here sleep? Mine seem to be adjusting his own time and sleeping later and later. Also still keep waking every night 2-3 times :p Any suggestions to help sleep thru the night?

Ashley, sometimes its hard to control people who are like that. If I were you, I will just take the baby away... They are so bad... Next time did it to your SIL's baby, see how she reacts...

Bidosoh, I'm giving her BioGaia now. Recommended by the PD actually. I also happen to find a cheaper source from a GP, selling at $40. But 1 bottle can only last abt 25 days.

Hooray. This thread is alive.

ashley, the next time they do that, you just go over carry your girl away. dun give face.
btw, i heard yakult not suitable for under 2. dunno lei.

re:wet wipes, i totally support angel wipes. they don't dry up easily. and super cheap.

bidosoh, i am using culturelle brand. you?

cljl, hope she's ok now, so heart pain!

kimifin, i use spiffies alternate nights after last feed and alternate with just damp cloth.

shers, i give fish oil and sometimes probiotics and choline. once in a while add flaxseed,...

chenmama, big hooray for you.

adelynn, really bonding ar. superglue bond. LOL.
so in the end, her fever subsided? or you just went ahead? when's your next off?

bidosoh, on leave ar, let's go out.

Ashley, Yakult is probiotic. Suppose to be good. But might be too sweet for our young ones.
Probiotic in powder form might be more suitable.

PeiPei, yup, i also get mine from PD. I think yours is cheaper. My is $60 for 30 capsules. But 1 capsule we feed for 3 days. As I find the dosage is rather high.

Anyone free to join MBJ and myself to Fidgets on this Wednesday. Time not confirm, but hopefully in the morning.

I will be bringing my boy and girl there. My boy ask me whether the boy who play with him in Grassroot Club will be there or not. Hahaha.... I still don't know the parents of the boy.

Bidosoh,
Culturelle way of packing dun think the live probiotic will die as it can be stored at room temp however if refrigerated it can maintain its max. potency. I took it and it did boost my immune system so its still effective. And those sold in stores we also can't be sure they are shipped in the correct temp to S'pore too. Where's Fidgets?

cljl,
Hope ur girl is ok now. Is ok to poo a lot once in 2 days cause my girl's system also poo on alternate days.

Ashley,
Think not advisable to take yakult now. Anyway the probiotics in yakult is not much so dun think it really helps and somemore is sweet. And also i heard before that drink too much yakult will LS. Next time just carry ur girl away, when come to such thing dun really have to give face to them.

Pei Pei,
My boy also use Biogaia before, is in oil form right?

Re: Burp
Does ur toddler burp a lot during or after meals? My boy burps a lot when eating porridge but not cereal and milk.

MBJ, ok, then afternoon.

taurus, Fidgets is at Turf City. You wanna to join us?

Burp means got small air inside. Maybe your porridge has turn cold. Or you still blend the porridge?

I would love to join you ladies at Fidgets but I've something on on Wed.

Anyone keen to go Fidgets next week?

Shers,

My PD also prescribed Biogaia to my boy too. I liked it but not sure whether I can feed it to him regularly.
We fix those corner protectors for the coffee tables but my boy would just rip them off the corners. Maybe I should get those edge cushion. Does it stick strong? Hope my boy can't rip them off.

ashley: i can understand ur situation. my FIL once wanted to give her beer *grrRrr* luckily my hubby intervene and took her away before he could put it into her mouth.

Velo: my girl sleeps at 930PM thereabouts after her last feed around 9 to 915. my PD told me as they grow up, they don't require as long naps during the day. too long naps in the day will make them restless for the nigh't sleep. why is he waking up in the night for? milk or just want to play?

MBJ: she was clear of fever 3 hours before the flight, so i just went ahead but brought tons of medication just in case. SUPER bonding man, now come back still remain the same. in the morning when i leave for work gotta sneak out of the house.

Bidosoh,
Not due to porridge turn cold. Think maybe there's a few times i fed him lunch late so over hungry and now digestive a bit weak. I still blend his porridge partially. Previously he was ok think probably is my fault. Yah thinking to join u gals but dunno can make it as have to make sure they taken their lunch first, can only make it in the afternoon. You bringing both ur kids alone?

kanelmo,
Probiotics feed regularly is ok.

Adelynn,
OMG! why did ur FIl wanted to give ur girl beer? Sometimes really dunno what they are thinking.

kanelmo,

my pd din prescribe any supplement for my boy. perhaps i din ask him? so tink of go buy on my own...

i bought the corner and edge cushion, my boy din try to rip off... i tink it is more sticky then those normal... cos i remember i bought those corner, veri fast come off... maybe the edge cushion using 3M tapes.. more secure bah...

my fren stick on her window grills...

shers, think my hubby wans to take away the side table liao... hahaha... but my gal abit diff to control lo.. she is damn active that she keeps on climbing up n down non stop.. faint..
just stated a few wks ago for my gal wif liver cod (orange) to her..

Bidosoh, yeah... i see liao i also heartpain...

Pei pei, i actually took a pic wif my phone but have yet to upload to fb.. hahaha... too scary liao... the moment she sees me taking the zamba she run away frm mi liao lo... nt alot of blue black leh.. but i wil ub somemore lo...

Ashley, thanks! she is still very active so i think she is fine... ya.. talking abt yakult, my dad, like to give her lo.. but i limit to a few sips... and few hs ltr, she ps liao.. isit too much for their tummy?

MBJ, thanks! Yeah she is fine...

taurus, oh ic... so she is fine... but her intake of water is so little lo... somtimes my mil told mi her urine abt yellow... tink not enough fluid..

plan to sent Valerie to school..anyone know some good school near Tampines central?

Sharon,
i tot Valerie is the last bb still bo geh ^-^ can Candice walk?

Shirlin,
Glad you like the hair clips ^-^ Valerie 2nd tooth is coming soon, i can feel with my finger ..

Sporty & myboyjovan
yipee! Valerie is not bo geh liao ^-^

Ashley
aiyo! where got family member like that..i will not give face & carry BB away from them..

cljl
Hope BB is fine now..

thanks chen mama... yeah.. she is fine.. jus that got to rub more zamba on he head lo.. still abit bumup there...

have uploaded her luo han head bump on fb....

taurus: ya lor, so ANGRY! FIL say beer bitter ma, wana see can she take bitter or not.

cljl: they are beginning to be at that stage whereby they are becoming more aware of their skills and want to explore, my help & us has keep our eyes on her ALL the Time. when she started crawling we relooked at our house and moved away all the potential dangers and baby safe the house.

chen ma ma: my friend brings her kids to a play gym class at tampines central (i think its opposite the stadium). Baby Jumper Gym has another outlet at Tanah Merah if you are keen.

Adelynn: My boy dont nap much. Max 1-2 hrs 2 x in the day. He use to sleep @ 9.30pm but now changes to 10.30pm instead. He can wake 2-3 times at night which once only for milk the rest I dont know he cry for what?? He's been a poor sleeper since birth.

On probiotic, Pei Pei did you buy the Biogaia from ICAC? PD once prescribed when Ian very colic but very small bottle lasted only 2-3 wks. But after I stop cos no visit. Should i still buy for him to eat? Good ah!?

Velo, my girl can sleeps through the night when she is 2 months old. Then I think at 2+ to 4+ (actually can't remember clearly) I adopted the Cry it out method. Then she can sooth herself to sleep, no pat, no latch, no nothing, put her in cot, she just will sleep within 5 minutes. After I went back to work everything goes haywire as sometimes I knock off late so we pick her up late too. Usually close to her sleeping time, so once she latched she slept. So all the CIO gone to waste. When she is teething that time, she acquire the habit of waking up 2 times at night. 2am and 4am. So I can't rest well, blood pressure also shot up. Recently in FB some friends mention CIO again. So tried last Sat. She cried for 1 hour at first day, then managed to sleep. Wakes up 2 hours later, i let her cry for half hour. Then I give up, bottle feed her. Then she slept through without waking. 2nd night I don't want to let her cry so much, so i latched, before she sleeps i stop. So she needs to sooth herself to sleep. She wakes up twice at night, just 'eheh' twice and sooth herself to sleep. 3rd night, din wake up at all. She sleeps from 9:30pm to 7am straight.

CIO need to start when they are as young as possible. As when she is 2/4 mths, took her 20minutes (take 1 night to train), now 1hour and 2 nights. Actually I am still not successful, as she needs to take milk before she can sleep. But good enough liao, I just don't want her to wake up in middle of the night to disturb my sleep.

seems like the thread's alive again!
happy.gif

adelynn, think stevlynn knos tha mama will be on standby for latch 24/7, thas why held on to u closely :p so are u gonna wean her off soon?

cljl, saw ur gal's or ba kat on fb...looked v serious leh... feel so heartache
sad.gif

shers, i am not starting my gal with any supplement yet...will do it maybe she's slightly older when she is due to attend skool?

bidosoh, enjoy ur leave with ur kids
happy.gif
go out and have some fun!

peipei, true la...think chloe looks alright leh, dun look skinny or what, so juz dun be too worried...

ashley, i get what u meant cuz last time my uncle wanna feed my boy KONG BA PAU lor!! faints!! and i was so mad!!

velo, my gal sleeps at 930pm till next am at 7am...even on weekends... hmmm when ur boy wake up in the middle of the nite...he cries? or he wants milk? i think it could be a bad habit lor...maybe u wanna try the CIO method? my gal slept thru when she was 2 mths old...basically i let her CIO then...

bidosoh/mbj, so good u gals going fidgets!! have fun
happy.gif
too bad i cant join...

taurus, i seldom hear my gal burp leh...hmmm...

sporty, yeah lo.. haiz... its very serious... i see liao i heartpain.. at 1st was the lips.. afte i saw the head.. i almost fainted... coz the knock was quite loud...

mbj, i use Lactogg. I took it during my preg and during the first 2 months after giving birth. After which I give feed direct. I find that probiotic is very good in boosting girl's immune system. Or is it my milk?

I give cod liver oil from young (2 years old) til now to my boy. Probiotic I have tried giving him 1 year. I find supplement not really effective for him. The most effective is exercise. He will have 2 intensive badminton sessions weekly. Has built up his immunity tremedously. Doesn't wheeze for almost 2 years and able to recover from cold/flu in 3-5 days time. Last time take at least 2 weeks! Then sick again. Cod liver oil is good in preventing infection. But I don't think it is really effective for my boy when is younger that time. I give him that because of hoping to booast his brain power, heehee... ks mum.

sporty, hope to see you next time. I saw Orchid country club also have children indoor playground facility. You bring your kids there before? Good?

cljl, maybe u can consider bringing her to see a PD, tha time my #1 fell and kena "black" eye, we went to the PD and she gave us this cream tha can remove the swell v quickly...

bidosoh, ya lor...next time lor :p yeah, my #1 go to tha indoor playground quite frequently cuz its part of his daily activities... but i find the playground abit small la :p i still prefer polliwogs at east coast...

bidosoh,
But what time are you girls going there? Agreed CIO works better with babies, after 1 yr old will take even longer time.

sporty,
good loh no burp means ur girl's digestive is good.

taurus, is tha the case? didnt kno burping is related to the digestive system...

btw those mummies whose bbs drink gain iq, is there alot of bubbles while ur bb drinks the milk ah? i noticed my gal's bottle is always filled with bubbles(foam like) after she finished drinking...

bidosoh,
Will try to see if can join tomorrow. Where is Polliwogs, i'm a mountain tortise cause seldom go out.

sporty,
yes, its related to digestion. I always watch out for fart and burp and monitor their stools and occasionally their breathe from my kids....whahaha

Back