(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

Lemontee, ya.. Accepted in fb! My name is EL CHUA
happy.gif

Veronica, my mum enjoyed chatting with your mum or mil if I not wrong... Ur girl only want to stand but dun want to walk right? Haha...

Hi mummies,
Wld like to check pneumoccocal vaccination, how many jabs in total?

I opt for my gal to start hers after 1 yr old. Was told that she need another 1 in 2 months time. Meaning 2 jabs 2 mths apart, correct?
So those children who has 1st jab taken b4 1 yr old will have total 3 jabs?

P jab after 1 yr is 1 jab im told .. ethan gg have his jab on sat .. the new 1 is 18 viruses or something 1 thats why his was postponed ..

ashley, how come you didnt come for the gathering? was looking forward to see u and amanda!

rue, if ur gal is taking the jab after 1, shd be 2 jabs... my gal took before 1 yr, so she's taking 3 jabs...

paperger, my gal nap twice a day now... the morning long can be as long as 3 hrs... afternoon/evening one is power nap...max 1 hr...

My boy sleeps twice a day. Morning is around An hour and afternoon is at least 2 hours. But he is definitely sleeping less now.

rue, sporty, funny i was told by the PD clinic that after 1 year old is 1 jab only.

Sporty, where you bring your girl for the jab. Is it at the only PD in Yishun. I bring my girl there for all her jabs. I was told 1 jab leh.

She had her P jab a week back. Duno why, she kena fever and lost her appetite after a week. Duno related or not. Fever subsided after 2 days and after that she refuse to take porridge and cereal. Now only taking milk. But I also saw her molar area puffy. Perhaps molar is sprouting.

Morning mummies! The birthday bash looks really fun! It's a pity that we can't join.

Can I check which brand of baby monitor is good. Is the one with video function good?

My hubby wants my girl to start sleeping alone in her room, but I know I'll be worried and will keep waking up to check on her. Think baby monitor will be the best investment. Sigh... It's really tough to have husband who has a total sufferer approach to parenting. Sigh..,,,

morning ladies!

i brought my girl to polyclinic for the jab, nurse told me and confirm that after 1 yr only 1 jab.

as for naps, my girl always had problems with daytime naps. sigh...

Morning ladies!

I wish my girl can sleep longer...in the day she will have 2 naps, each is about 30 minutes to an hour. 2 hours will be bonus. I think she sleeps very little for her age.

Sporty, sigh....bie shuo le...all my hubby's fault, made me so pissed so in the end we never turn up. I miss the babies and the mummies!

Pei Pei, Amanda has been sleeping in her room many months ago...dun worry too much, I think it is fine for Chloe to learn to sleep in her own room now. Just that it will be more tiring for you if she cries in the middle of the night and you need to go to her room to check on her. I've been doing that recently. Dunno why my girl keeps waking up and cry at least 3 times every night.

BTW mummies, it is ok for our babies to eat bread now?

And any methods to wean babies off the pacifier? My girl is more and more addicted to her pacifier...help!!!

sporty, wah...3 hours thats very long!

swanston, my girl also the same lo...

ashley, my girl also about the same. morever she sleeps only about 10 hours at night

whooa heavy rain...luckily went to the zoo in the morning...

bidosoh, yeah i brought my gal to tha PD for jabs...eh? one jab only eh? maybe i have to check again with them as now they are on looong hols...maybe ur gal's teething again...

peipei, i am using the philips bb monitor, its without video function but good cuz can hear bb's cries v clearly...haha

ashley, nvm la...hope to see u soon lor!! my gal had been taking bread for breakfast for the past 3 mths, shdnt be a prob... i alternate between diff breads for her... if u wanna wean ur gal off the pacifier, some pple cut a hole on the pacifier, so when the bb suck, its not as shiok...

paperger, yes 3 solid hrs in the morning...normally from 9ish to 12ish

Yeah Sporty, hope to see and lil M soon too! Wow another reason to love lil M - 3 solid hours of nap! YOu can do a lot of things in that 3 hours!

Hahah...some people say put chilli sauce on the pacifier!

paperger, my girl also! normally sleep at 10pm and wakes up at 7 plus! And when she is awake she is super sticky to me. I can't do much housework with her hugging my legs, or crying for me to carry her, or purposely get into mischief.

Hi ladies

Sinkor: I will PM u soon..going overseas tmr heeh heeh

Nap: My gal naps for usu 3hrs and max 4 hrs in the day. Once in AM n once PM. She sleeps abt 9.30-10.30pm till 7-8am =)

P Jab: Ai yo so confusing..maybe P jab got different types is it?

BB Monitor: I've used the philips one.. no video function..but it is pretty good like sporty says..VERY CLEAR.. haha I guess video function not necessary le..coz i mean we not going to look at it to monitor?

Ashley,
my gal also took bread for breakfast after her milk. We gave her wholemeal bread

Re: P jab
Oh no, so confusing. I better call up more clinic to double check. I do not want my gal to take additional jab if it's not necessary..

ashley, M is quite lovable la except at times she super sticky lor, wanna go pee also cannot!! i think gals are still gals, very deh and v sticky!! yes, i heard abt the chilli sauce thingy but abit cruel to do tha leh...

raerae, where u going again? to make #2 ah? :p hahhaah...wow, ur gal's 2 naps are 3 hrs each time...power leh!! ur gal's nite sleep's abt the same as mine...

Sporty & Raerae, which Philip model did you get? Is it too late to get it now?? Hee...I better please my hubby by moving out of mu gal's room. Sigh...

Ashley, yup, I give my gal bread too. She loves it! U can try to intro that to her.
happy.gif

Nap: my gal now takes 2 naps a day, about 1-2hours. But night time she doesn't sleep a lot. From 10pm/10.30pm to 7am/7.30am cos I need to wake her up for school. Most of the time she will still be sleepy. So poor thing...

Sporty: I meant both naps max 4 hrs la.... Haha no 2 make also must depend on God heeh heeh bring my gal go so erm erm...

Pei pei : u can post on want to buy.. I did that n got mine for 60 which is a gd buy la..

Sorry ladies, I just want to point out, to be fair to the sponsors for the event.

Pls support lamkins.com.sg - online toy store.
Also, edventure books - they have great readers.
Also, winktolearn - their flashcard dvds.
Also, hwaxia - baby swimming and massage.
And, roomfordessert - their yummy chocolate cake.

lamkins also giving us special discount for online purchase of their toys. you should be receiving email soon.

Thank you.

Tks fir reminder MBJ!! I actually din know any these sponsors , tot abt those in goodie bag only!

Qn: is it normal for our kids to get diaper rash at this pooint? Coz my gal had a nasty rash on her pee pee area. It's just sudden, like b4 her nap she was ok den after wake up it's there!! How come? Coz din use any new brand of anything!

My girl had that once. I conclude it is due to food allergy. As her cousin have the same problem. They can't eat egg. Once they take egg will have rash around the diaper area.

Ashley, my gal also sleeps very little in daytime. 2 times a day, usually only total 1 hr. Except these 3 days, she can nap 1.5-3 hrs total. Night time, also been crying and waking up about 3 times a night. Might be due to teething again?

to add on to mbj's list of sponsors, we also have:
- abbott for the teddy and vcd
- jdirect for the goon diaper
- karihome for the goat milk samples
- nestle for the formula milk/cereal
- moisturizer
- pop kidz for the discount voucher
- samuel the photographer

a big thank you to our sponsors.

peipei, mine is avent philips scd530/00... actually if u plan to let ur gal sleep alone, tha's useful la...unless u are a light sleeper and u can "hear' ur gal whole in ur sleep lor...

raerae, ohhh i thot one nap leh...then v power!! so where are u going to? can also make #2 mah after 10pm till next morning lor :p whahhahha

mbj, u really lobang queen, managed to get so many sponsors
happy.gif

Welcome back Adelynn.

Remember last time we are wondering why our little ones didn't poo for several days. Now is the other way round. Wondering why she needs to pool 3-4 times a day. Ever since we give her 3 solid food meals a day at 11 months she is like that. Hers is normal stool. Just wondering why need to be so many times. My wet tissue is running out at a very fast rate.

adelynn, welcome back! how was the trip?

bidosoh, my gal also recently likes to poo like 2 to 3 times a day...hers is abit watery tho but dun really seems like LS... i v long ago, downgraded the wet wipes to cheapo ones so not so heartache! haha

bidosoh,
Agreed with mbj. For me, I wipe with cotton pads/toilet paper and water then is off to the basin to wash. My boy poo every morning after his cereal but is poo is really mashy and soft.

taurus, my girl also poo every morning after her cereal! I also bring her straight to the bathroom to wash her butt with water. We only use wet wipes when she poo outside.

Thanks everyone. I also tried using water to wash. As I find wipes doesn't clean girls well compared to boys. I also put her in basin to wash. I also remove all her clothings. In the end I give her a bath. Once is ok, but she poo 3-4 times a day. Really troublesome, but no choice as water and basin is the cleanest of all.

Phew! I thought my boy's the only one who poos 2-3x a day. So he's not the only one. Yeah, he used to poo just once. Sometimes I see some of the previous meals in the poo, e.g. tiny carrots, veg leaves. Do your babies' poos have that too?

Btw, how many of your babies can wave 'bye-bye' now? Mine's still struggling to learn. :)

I was at the bash and saw that many babies have started to walk. My boy's still happily in his cruising world. Recently, he started to crawl without his knees touching, ie his butt is high up and his legs are straight. I'm wondering what's the next step after this?

Btw, if your babies are attending classes, can let me know what classes and why you chose the class? I hope to send my baby to a class soon.

Thanks!

bidosoh, my gal now also poo 2 - 3 times a day. but i think it's more of unfinished business from the previous poo, cos now she only poo one small piece every time. though it's less messy, i still wash her in the toilet.

kanelmo, i used to be able to see the undigested food in my gal's poo. but now her poo is solid liao, can't really tell leh... anyway, she is not eating a lot now. Used to eat 2 bowls of porridge at night, not down to half a bowl, don't know why... sigh...

Pei Pei, ya lor, my girl also like that. Small pieces each time. I suspect is 1 meal, 1 poo.

Kanelmo, my girl's wave is not the wavy type. But the 'tata' type. Don't worry about the walking part. My nephew and my boy both walk around 14 months. There are alot of babies who has yet to walk too. My girl is only cruising too.

Re: jab
Valerie just have her MMRV (mumps, measles, rubella vaccine) on 30 Nov.
i was told this is the 1st dose..Primary dose
Next MMRV - Booster (2nd dose) will be 6-7 years old.

share my good news ^-^
Valerie just have her 1st tooth on yesterday..
i was worry coz this 7 Dec she will be 13 months old..

Hi Chenmama, looks like Candice and Valerie shared the same. She also just got her first tooth before her 13 months. Heehee.. Cheers...

Ashley,
So ur girl same as my boy. I was thinking if its the cereal that made him poo and the morning poo is always a lot.

Bidosoh,
Actually you dun have to remove all her clothings, if she wearing romper just button up the romper over her shoulder so that the romper won't drop to her bottom when washing and avoid wetting it. Yah it maybe unfinished poo that she split it up into several times a day to fully pass it out. Sometimes they say maybe they didn't eat full enough so can't push out all the poo at one go.

kamelo,
I also see carrots in my boy's poo cause he never chew so came out undigested. Last time my girl also did that crawl with her bum high up in the air. My boy also still cruising happily, dun worry all of them will start to walk just that at different pace.

chenmama and sharon,
Congrats on ur girl's first tooth. Think girls seems to teeth later than boys.

kanelmo,

the carrots not so easy to digest, but ok lah, treat them as "fibers" to help in the poo?

Want to give more variety to my son porridge.
limited to only: pumpkin, sweet potato, potato, broccoli, carrot.
Meat is used for the taste only.

I normally steam and shred the vege and freeze them in portions.
Any suggestion other fruits/veges I can try to cook and freeze?

Cabbage?

Kimifin: Can try lenthils, spinach, celery, peas, leek..
happy.gif
Actually most veges they can eat le..

Sporty: I long ago downgraded to cheap wetwipes le.. haha! Using the kodomo ones.. 1.95 for 1 pac.. bought 2 cartons from watsons tt time.. Wahahaha!

Chen ma ma: Thank you for the beautiful clips!
happy.gif
And also, Leann till now only 2 bottom teeth so dun worry la.. Actually my pd say teeth later also not a bad thing..
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

how do you stop your boy from biting you when breast feeding? my boy is going to be 13mth old soon. He's having 8 tooths now..its super painful when he bite! Help needed!

Hi everybody... Wasted that I can't make it for e bash! Seems that all of u had fun...
Talk abt poo, my gal poo once in twice a day leh.. Isit she didn eat enough? Bt if she poos, it's alot.. As for wet wipes, I only use when out.. At Hm, Juz use shower head n wash her butt... Faster n cleaner...
N.... Somethin happen to my gal on sat nite... She fell head down e floor n hitting her head n lips on e edge of e coffee table.... Haiz... Her whole head swell n lips bleed... Super heartpain... Heng I quickly put ice over e bruise to stop e swell.. Her head look like luo Han fish man...

Noel, my girl started biting when she is around 4-5months old. No teeth that time. Thank goodness she started biting so early and is still toothless. From my first boy experience, I know that the early they bit (without teeth) the better. As we can still ‘teach’ them.

Actually by now, your boy should understand “NO”, even when my girl is 4-5 mths when I sternly say no when she bites, she seems to understand. So slowly no bitting even though she is teething at 8th months til now. Whenever they bite, you have to unlatch and sternly put him down and sternly say NO and say that this is Mummy’s neh neh cannot bite. They will understand your tone of and words. My boy is the ‘ti ki’ type, you say no, all the more he will do. Now also like that. So I have to wean him off, or should I say he wean himself. My girl is ok, luckily. Someone ever mention, if he still don’t obey, you have to gently bite his hand so that he understand what is pain. Though some babies may be ‘ti ki’ like my boy who wean himself off after continuous scoldings.

so happening today eh?!

kanelmo, yes my gal's poo have carrots if she ate carrots tha day or the day before... mine can wave bye, dun worry am sure ur boy can do it soon!! my gal's starting on GUG next term, my #1 attended GUG when he was younger so i quite like the way tha the lessons were conducted in GUG

peipei, wow ur gal can eat 2 bowls of porridge! thas alot!!

chen mama, good tha valerie cut her first tooth! no more bo geh!!

shirlin, i'm using angel wipes...v cheap too! comes in handy whn my hb is the one who wipes her! men uses wipes like nobody's biz!!

noel, think u have to be stern n tell him NO... my gal used to bite me when i was latching, after a few rounds of "lecturing", she managed to latch w/o biting...

cljl, gosh...hope ur gal's ok from the fall! how come u didnt make it for the bash?

Oh no..i think my boy is those ti ki type.

I told him, sternly NO and refused to let him latch.

When he is hungry, he will latch happily, but when almost full, he will bite and pull before he let go! argh, like telling me, he win lidat lor..

sometimes, he bite sooo hard till bleeding lor..maybe i shld just wean him off..

do i still have to pump if i intend to wean him off? i have not been pumping for 6-7mths liao..how eh?

when feeling full, ask him latch, he will happily latch for few seconds then comes the biting!

headache ah..

sporty: trip was fun but shacked for me man. She decided to be superglue during the trip and wants nobody but me
sad.gif

Noel: when my girl was younger she would accidentally bite when she get overly excited or very hungry. i'll unlatch and firmly say no. but sometimes they bite not becuz they intentionally do it, sometimes its the position of the latch. now that my girl has 4 upper teeth and 2 lower, i find that it's easier for me to latch her on when she sits upright, less chance of abrasion.

Back