(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

sporty,
u saw? yah was at my sis place complaining no pictures of mine though we share the account..wanted to let her keep her profile pic so i just add a new album under her name lor..just some random pics of ashley and avrielle..must authorised one?? okok i try..hahah..me suah ku one..

i hope avrielle's heart murmur can wait coz i want to get a hospital plan first! hahahaa..once bitten twice shy..no..i was actually bitten twice liao..ouch*

sporty,
thanks i really hope ashley can clear for hfmd. actually on monday her teachers left note in sch bag saying got case in school but because i was staying in with bb at hosp i didnt get to read note and hb blur din see..imagine we still send her back there for 2 days..teachers must be thinking the parents so bo chap still bring her to school!

the school plan from ocbc. ya pay 6 yrs only im not that rich lor..=p

stacey, i saw one stacey tee profile leh and i added her...not u ah?! opps...cuz the profile pic is ashley leh...hehhe... aiyo, the heart murmur thingy will go away as the kids get older, hope tha's the case for avrielle...

i get what u meant by the note la...cuz i always recieve notes from my boy's skool saying got hfmd, chix pox or h1n1...now i also used to it liao :p

oh ya, the mummies fr last tue's lunch.. someone mentioned if there's the sulphate thing in the bath lotion/shampoo, it's not good for bb? anyone knows what's the bad thing to avoid? the full name for the sulphate? Any brands to recommend that doesn't have this sulphate?

Gd morning mummies!
I'm bringing bb for her 4mth jab this morning. Hope she won't make too much of a fuss!

Jolene, thanks for sharing your "me-time" experience. Now I'm inspired to go grab some alone time for myself too to recharge. Hv not had any since bb born!

morning all!
sat!!

nvfm, i wanna buy the flask tha can cook porridge one...think its by tiger or what...forgot which brand....

ardenz, so early today eh? shd go for ME time la...very impt
happy.gif

This is quite true...LOL

The Evolution of Parenthood

Your Clothes -
1st baby: You begin wearing maternity clothes as soon as your OB/GYN confirms your pregnancy.

2nd baby: You wear your regular clothes for as long as possible.

3rd baby: Your maternity clothes are your regular clothes.

The Baby’s Name -
1st baby: You pore over baby-name books and practice pronouncing and writing combinations of all your favourites.

2nd baby: Someone has to name their kid after your great-aunt Mavis, right? It might as well be you.

3rd baby: You open a name book, close your eyes, and see where your finger falls. Bimaldo? Perfect!

Preparing for the Birth -
1st baby: You practice your breathing religiously.

2nd baby: You don’t bother practicing because you remember that last time, breathing didn’t do a thing.

3rd baby: You ask for an epidural in your 8th month.

The Layette -
1st baby: You pre-wash your newborn’s clothes, color-coordinate them, and fold them neatly in the baby’s little bureau.

2nd baby: You check to make sure that the clothes are clean and discard only the ones with the darkest stains.

3rd baby: Boys can wear pink, can’t they?

Pacifier -
1st baby: If the pacifier falls on the floor, you put it away until you can go home and wash and boil it.

2nd baby: When the pacifier falls on the floor, you squirt it off with some juice from the baby’s bottle.

3rd baby: You wipe it off on your shirt and pop it back in.

Diapering -
1st baby: You change your baby’s diapers every hour, whether they need it or not.

2nd baby: You change their diaper every 2 to 3 hours, if needed.

3rd baby: You try to change their diaper before others start to complain about the smell or you see it sagging to their knees.

Worries -
1st baby: At the first sign of distress – a whimper, a frown – you pick up the baby.

2nd baby: You pick the baby up when her wails threaten to wake your firstborn.

3rd baby: You teach your 3-year-old how to rewind the mechanical swing.

Activities -
1st baby: You take your infant to Baby Gymnastics, Baby Swing, and Baby Story Hour.

2nd baby: You take your infant to Baby Gymnastics.

3rd baby: You take your infant to the supermarket and the dry cleaner.

Going Out -
1st baby: The first time you leave your baby with a sitter, you call home 5 times.

2nd baby: Just before you walk out the door, you remember to leave a number where you can be reached.

3rd baby: You leave instructions for the sitter to call only if she sees blood.

At Home -
1st baby: You spend a good bit of every day just gazing at the baby.

2nd baby: You spend a bit of every day watching to be sure your older child isn’t squeezing, poking, or hitting the baby.

3rd baby: You spend a little bit of every day hiding from the children.

MUAHAHAHAHHA sporty that was a funny but true article!

Kanna woken up by Ariel..pestering me to order hotcakes for her breakfast... sigh..kids these ages... so 'HO MIA"!

superwalker,
*sayang* can imagine the panic and worries running thru ur head when u see the rashes on your precious (hey it rhymes!).. How is little timmy now? Rashes cleared?

So far Jerome has no rashes on him yet (touch wood).. but Ariel..*big sigh* she has been having skin problems for the longest time.. bought her tons of cream and brought her to see PD..still cannot cure.. getting abit helpless.. PD keep telling me Ariel's skin problem is due to her respiratory problem.. (its all linked he said)..give her english medicine no use..so going to try chinese medicine next.. will do anything to chase away her ugly red rashes!

sporty,
your article sooo funny but real! i tink i progress to 3rd bb liao for some scenarios..keke..yah the stacey tee profile is mine..but it was created sometime ago and i was having prob accessing it dats why end up share with tracy...leme see if i can see your request to add frenz..

mel,
ashley rem u! tis morning was reading newspapers she saw slimming ad with a tall slim gal with long hair..then she point and say "jie jie carry". i believe she's refering to you! i tink ashley secured her barney..hahahaaaa

hihi!
gd morning!! went on a movie date with hubby last night... so happy..
happy.gif
left both my kids with my mom overnight... both cried when we were leaving... sob.... really salute my mom to ask us to go ahead while she handled 2 crying kids by herself... n within an hour, both kids were already snoring!!!!

watched 'how to train your dragon'... really gd... one of the rare few movies tt dun make hubby sleep.. hahahaaha.. :p

tanly,
hmmm... fair pple prone to eczema?? interesting logic leh... or does he meant tt it's easier to see rashes on fair pple?

sporty,
wah... ur thomas train set sounds like a massive one... my boy only has a simple single loop track... :p i'm worrying if it's going to expand slowly... i'm always the one assembling.. :p

superwalker,
hope timmy recovers fast... usually, it take abt 2 days for the eczema to clear off... juz keep him clean n dry... dun worry too much...
happy.gif

raerae,
u thinking of switching job ah.... i was thinking initially too.. but decided to stay put... :p initially was wondering if want to go IR try try anot... hahahaha... :p

my lab v bz... but head count freeze!!! sian..... slogging like mad lor......

sporty,
wah.. so nice... last reservist..
happy.gif
mine will be serving his last reservist next year i think..
happy.gif
he's at civil defence... everytime go there like holiday lidat... i told him i want to write complaint letter liao.. how can we rely on them if really got crisis... hahahaha... :p hubby ask me not to tekan him.. :p

i got the tiger thermo flask and oso thermos...feel tt thermos brand is better at conserving heat than tiger.. :p but the tiger still can cook porridge.. in the morning, i will cook porridge in the pot n pour it in... by night time when i'm back, it will be mashy porridge liao..
happy.gif

haha.. i read the article b4... so very true.. hahaha.. in the past, which ever surface i put my #1 on, it MUST be wiped with sterilising wipe... now, i put #2 on any surface that looks clean... hahaha.. :p

sponge,
yup... kids with sensitive airway is prone to skin allergies as well... same case for both my kids... so hav been diligently applying moisturiser on them.. coz moisturised cream is less prone to flare up...

sponge/stacey, the article very true rite...i am already practising some scenerios like for 3rd bb liao...LOL

sponge, my #1 also have bad skin...always see him scratch ehre and there...

shihui, good tha u enjoyed ur date
happy.gif
yes, my boy's train set can fill up half the room! faints! imagine when i wanan clean the floor...very troublesome! ur hb civil defence eh? then lagi eh lor!! hehe... i have a fren who use sterlising wipes on every surface tha her bb touches even for her #2, when she goes out, she brings her own booster seat and dun let her bbs sit on the high chair outside!!

Stacey,
I also don't know how I added you last time. You can add me to your new acc. My fb email: [email protected]

Shihui,
Both hb and I scratch our head when PD told us this conclusion. But my girl is prone to rashes. Initially was sad and worried, but then realise that the rashes didn't irritate her so we just apply cream for her and she is still happy everyday. We are going for How to train a Dragon too tml. Did you catch the 3D movie?

Hi Hi I finally bought the playmat for my gal since she is into mini moving movement * u ladies know wat i mean rite*

Shihui: Yah lo actually job no prob juz ppl..damn sian haha hey u looking for job ar? We got openings le..In fact, it will be in the area which u are in now! Although it isnt ermm ..it is project basis too..not whole day long same thing kind.. but erm i tell u more on 11 Apr okies haha forming a new unit.. So need ppl like u le..

Sporty: haha quite true le..But i think some things we all practising liao muahaha..I practise the wipe surfaces and the pacificer one for awhile..now she is bigger i bo chap liao hahaha

raerae,
hehe... tell me more when we meet ok.. anyway, me only talk talk no action lah... i quite like the pple over there... hehehe...
happy.gif

hi.
ayukie, your bb rolling on the mat already? keke.

stacey, yeah, ayukie too got the same design.
hi5!

jazz, my bb champion here la, longest without poo is 2 and a half weeks!
pd said was irregular bowel syndrome, and said as long as drinking well, growing well, happy and all no need worry, says her own bb last time also like that.
and she said good also, bb help mummy save diaper money. haha

wa, so many mummies here buy ssw mat ar, chin must be richer and richer!! haha

shihui, salute to your mum. how she did it? any tips or not.

yawnzzz....so quiet today. nothing for me to kpo.

shihui, what moisturiser do u use on your kids? my gal face rashes getting quite jia lat. see liao very heart pain.

Sporty, the food jar u saw in my pix is the Tiger porriage maker lor, I bot tinking I can bring food to office for lil A. U go try Isetan, maybe still selling at the same price that I gotten leh.

Shihui,
Wow lomantic date with your hubby eh? Good good.. must enjoy some couplehood time too.. if not the fire will sizzle out hehee~ Just now i ask my hub to go pak tor with me in the evening.. he said he's tired! I sian all~~~ :S

Shihui/sporty,
Sian right? why are todds prone to skin allergies?? last time i used to disinfect my girl's hands and legs whenever we were at public places too.. but look at her now.. still has skin problems wat..so give up! :p

sporty, my weekends are always damn busy.
can't go out at all cos husband will be out working whole day and i be stuck at home with #1 AND #2.
so it's double busy and stress for me.
haha.

myboyjovan,
i dunnoe how she managed it leh... i oso salute her.... :p

dingdong,
i apply calendula daily... seems to work for my kids..
happy.gif

sponge,
hehe... ya lor... once in a while muz hav couple time... we had better mood too without the 2 kids.. hahaha.. ;p

kids nowadays seems to be prone to allergies leh... so many kids with eczema etc.... wondering if it's the environment..... pollution wasn't tt bad when we were kids...

actually hor, i feel the more we try to "protect" our kids from "dirtying" themselves outdoors, the less immunity they have.
cos we last time kids is larp sup jia larp sup dua one. keke.

so what i do is if crowded and common use things like high chair and playground, i'll ask my son sanitise after touch.
but if it's going to the park, touching soil, trees, plants, flowers, i'm alright with it, just wash hands after.

but hor, my husband is super paranoid, everything to him is dirty. so everything cannot touch. i hope my son doesn't grow up like him so paranoid, otherwise how to find gf!

mybojovan - yeah gt the3 mat le but the bag hor one of the zipper spolit 1 i called ye chin to exchange for new bag she says nxt wk she contact me for the exchange .. 10 god for the bag the carton is sooooooooooooooooooo bigggggg ...

dingdong, u can start new topic mah...if so quiet today...LOL

momoko, ohh...thas the one isit...but i no time to go isetan...nvm la...i try to get it later

myboyjovan, ur weekends sounds stressful!! haiz...bo bian lor...sahm 24/7!

ayukie, u OT until very late huh?!

sporty - yeah its OT and more OTs again .. my collegue is tendering agn whahaha im damn scare nw sia .. haiz .. so sian .. this week im on standby cant wait to throw the phone to collegue on mon .. and i need to explain why my email quota bursts last mth haiz .. damn sian ..

good morning mummies! its the weekend but still gotta wake up early to pump. just realised that gone are the good old days of sleeping in till lunch time. now, to not get awakened by the crack of dawn is already a luxury!

morn..very zzzz and stucked @ home with my 2 kids
hope later weather will continue to be as good...wanna catch a swim later

ayukie, i peifu u can really OT on weekends and continue with this job...

dingdong, u mean we "entertain" u ah...LOL

ardenz, i woke up at 6am to pump and went back to zz after tha...at least weekend can zzz after pump, if not have to prep for work liao...oh gosh, weekends really flew by and tom is monday!!

Hi Sporty, the flask that can make porridge is Tiger. I got it when Isetan having sales at $39.90 (if neber remember wrongly). But i havent tried it yet. thought a good deal so grab it first for baby use later

Ayuki, are you in IT line. Last week my boss just put me in the stand-by list after a year of freedom. Guess wat she give me my birthday week to be on standby. Will exchange with other colleauges. Standby is very sian one. Sure got call one and sure need to go back office in the middle of the night.

ardenz - parklon thank god for the bag cause the caryon really hugeeeeeee ..

bidosoh - yea it line .. haiz unfortunately ... oh luckily i go remote access after i heavily preg .. but a few times still need be in office do ots haiz ..

sporty - bo bian .. i see lil e pic to lun lor .. my hp pics all are lil e's pics .. and only his pics .. somemore after ot i will go buy lil e stuffs lol to balance myself lol ..

velo, so cheap eh...39.90...icic, i juz placed ordered for a thermo pot instead cuz next time can use to cook soups also cuz i worry my gal dun wanna eat porridge like my son... cuz my son started eating rice at 8 mths! and we only cooked less than 10 times of porridge for him! heheh

ayukie, u very cham lor...weekend still need to work...haiz!

sporty, ya lor...it's entertaining to read all the posts mah.

bte, i'm thinking of shaving my ger's hair on my own cos her hair is getting real messy. anyone tried diy? which shaver u use?

ardenz: yeah! u shld find time for short time-offs :D U can have just a pedicure, a massage, a facial or a good makan treat for urself :D

I am looking forward to more time-off after my helper arrives...

Ohh yaaa.. I need for scheduling work for my new helper. Anyone can give me advice? Like, shld i draft her a very specified work schedule, as to what she must do at wat time or shld i just list down the thgs to do for her to manage her own time?

by the way, my helper is frm Myanmma. Coming on next wed.

ohh.. jamie just had her 2nd dose 5in1 yest.. and was having a fever last nite... went off then came back tis morning. But now ok liao..

Back