(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

HAIZ.... damn sian!

The CC downstairs says they take in only full day CC students, not half day, even tho' they offer it in their schedule. ?!?

The PG nearby is freaky cos all the kids are so sureally well-behaves. They offered me a spot and I rejected.

Next nearest PG which I like has looooooonnnng waiting list.

Lastly a new PG which I like and has a spot for me but it's 7 bus stops away!!!

Sian.. why is this so difficult. I think Ian is doomed to nua at home with mama till he goes to nursery... which is another big headache!

anyone here uses mobile charger for iphone?? my lousy mobile charger conked out after 2 miserable months.
sad.gif

rach
u got your answer liao hor?

myfavchoco
lol, ya...u must be really bored! outta curiousity, i went to see the 1st post too, but no more leh...how come ah? they deleted part of the initial host history?

corinne
my gal went to GUG before for 2 terms. can't remember the exact fees but i think around 700+ per term? not bad i would say. i wld have continued if its not so far from my place. to preserve my sanity of being a SAHM, i decided to just go somewhere nearer which takes 3mins to reach. =p

connie
my gal is doing better at the PG already, i'm so relieved! nowadays she will cry for 5 secs when the teacher lead her away from me into the classroom, but once she is inside, stop crying. also now when i pick her up, she doesn't cry anymore! initially see her cry until damn charm, really very heartpain, almost wanna pull her out of school!

itsy
a few of the CCs near my place all also like that! in the website they put got flexi hrs, got half day but when i went down to talk to the teachers, only got full day sessions! very funny rite? i guess it all boils down to $$$. u see, if they take your child in for half day, that child will take up that ONE space and they got 'limited' space. i thnk u better just put on waiting list even though they say its very long, at least better then just hoping to get a spot right away!

potbelly
kim has a pair of sandals which she wears regularly. i also let her wear that to the beach, but on the sand i take it out lah. this is her one and only pair of sandals and a very worthwhile 'investment' imo. from stride rite.

corinne
star tots. but they follow school holiday system, so june and dec got no lessons, PH no lessons. parents still must be pay that mth's fees though. but i think teacher said dec fees don't have to pay. will double check again when the time comes.

itsy
erm...upon enrollment, i paid for april fees and june fees, this is what is written on the receipt. next wk i got to pay for may fees! lol...like keep paying n paying! they collect fees in 1st of every mth i think. seems like no deposit required.

Itsy- that day I ask my first skool also same thing. They offer flexi half day etc but end up when I enquire only accept full day! What nonsense!! So many cc like this.. V bad la.. I don't like! Grrrr! I'm also so stuck and headache now.. Hais!

Corinne,
Mine is summer montessori at RC. Just beside my block. Their program from 20 months onwards.

Kiki,
Wow, ur gal adapt so well. The teacher ever told me do not withdraw if see them cry (some till vomit), once withdraw, the 2nd try will be harder as they knows this tactic works. Lucky u never.

kiki
Then maybe different schools diff. One of the school I enquired was v good. Told me Ian can join in May, no need to pay for June since he just join. So nice but too bad I dun like the singlish speaking teacher :p

princessxiaomei
The in charge told me the kids have english lesson in the am and chinese in the pm so better to let him stay full day. She said ALL the kids stay for full day, but if I want, I can indicate half day in my interest form =.=""

connie
ya...she took about 3wks to adapt. yes, when she started got another 2 little girls who are slightly older started together. they actually cried more cham then my girl! cry until vomit and eyes really swollen!

itsy
oh, then that school dec need to pay or not? i think i heard the teacher quite clearly she said for kimmy, dec fees no need to pay. so i guess same bah...some schools pay june fees some pay dec fees. whatever it is, still got 1 mth got to pay for no lessons! i wonder if they start in jan do the parents need to pay for both june and dec fees or not. anyways, next yr i'd be putting her in a diff school already lah. this one is just for her to 'play play'. think if u want convenience, u cannot hiam so much lah. i mean, what do u expect? keke... i don't think these teachers are paid alot. =p yi fen qian yi fen hou!

Cc is always my last choice.. I always prefer kindergartens.. Even when come to work, I prefer kindergarten too.. Hahaha.. But if there's no choice, I have to choose cc then shall make do w it. I might be gg back to work half a day after the June holidays. Not bcos I want to but bcos of the king in the house driving me nuts w some personal
Issues. Sigh. Feels so headache. I wish money can drop from the sky now! Hahahahaa! My z really dislike formula there's no way to let him try. Hb always no time la etc to let him try. My mom also no time. They all no time no patience then expect this expect that. I make noise they say I'm wrong. It's like wth, how to make them understand they not helping much yet complaint this and that. Pissed! Driving me insane!
sad.gif

Kiki- actually pre school teachers don't earn much. I used to draw only $450-$550 gross for half a day session. Double the amount is for full day session. I fork out own money to buy many things for my students to use play etc when I was at cc. Everyone tells me passion cannot feed my kids. Don't work in pre school. Hahaha!

princess
yeah, i thought so it wld be around there also, like 1K++ a mth. i wonder for the RC kind like my girl is in, only 2 sessions daily, how much the teachers earn. but judging fr the attitude and enthusiasm, i'd say probably not much at all. wah, u fork out your own money to buy things for your students? think teachers like u are quite rare! hee...

oh, u're going to work after june hols? then looks like u got to find CC bah. if not kindy only 2hrs rite? then who will take care of zander?

I also dnw how.. Everyone wants things to be done this way that way then not putting effort patience to help me
In letting him try formula.. Last time w ebm also like that. Expect me as the mom do everything just bcos I'm NOT working! Sigh. Feel v tired and sick of my life at times.. People dont even understand what I've done yet accuse me.. Sigh!

People call me such teachers as stupid. Waste my own money on my students. I even bought 8 big mats the ones sold at 4 pc by 4 pc at kp.. For my n1.. Scare they fall and knock on the floor.. When I resign I brought back my stuff and put at my mom hse.. I dnw why I'm willing to do such things on my students lor and yet people call me stupid. Keep saying passion can't feed me and my kids. But boss also don't even increase the pathetic salary what to do.

Kiki
Tat time I also thought they delete... The top one is February, but u stroll down, after feb is the January post Liao... Dunno y feb post is on top of Jan leh...
happy.gif

Itsy - Singlish!
HR has started speaking Singlish, and his teachers are already not that bad, they speak pretty okay English cos most are Philipinos. But hor, he still learns from his friend. It's quite impossible to avoid. I rather he speaks more Mandarin :p

Myfavchoco,
It's confirmed XY will join K in July :) Two more months for her to enjoy at her nanny, esp to "stock up" more fat :)

Kam
Singlish is still ok.. one PG i went to, with immediate vacancy, Indian teacher speak with indian accent!! And I think 70% of kids are indians. Ok, I'm not being racist here but I really dun want Ian to speak with an Indian twang leh! LOL

Kiki
I know, expect monkeys when u pay with peanuts mah. Haiz..

Princessxiaomei
Ask u. CC is also considered pre-n, n and kindy hor? Only their classes are stretched thru'out the day? I realised too that teachers in kindy are better then CC ones.. CC teachers seems more like nannies. Am I right to have this conclusion? Maybe I should think like a men (my hub), just enroll him where ever is convenient. No need to think so much.

Itsy,
It's true for the teachers at cc, cos they have to take care of the kids like a mum would - shower, lunch, nap. Imagine you have to deal with 10 kids for a long stretch of 12 hours!!!

Curriculum wise, not neccesarily similar to kindy. They basically have more time to spend in cc, so they tend to do things in a more relax mode. For example, for Chinese class, cc may do 1hour per day, while for kindy, it may be 30min a day, or only 2-3 times per week. Depending on what you are after bah.

I agree with your hub is to quite a large extend - convenient is definitely the main factor for me. Yes, no need to think so much cos the way they run a cc/kindy is pretty standardized, but at least you must feel comfortable with the environment and teachers lah. Cannot say just close eyes then dump the kids there mah, then might as well let him nua at home (and save some $$).

Kam
If I have to deal with 10 kids for 12 hrs everyday, I think I'd turn bald (hair pulling), mute (screaming) and MAD! Dunno how these teachers can do it! Fact is, my mum is a pre-n teacher! LOL I'm so not like her.

Ya lor, now gonna let him nua at home for time being. Save $ lah but who's going to save my sanity?!? LOL

i am oso considering to put my son in pg or not haha. went to achievia but tink they more pro in before and after skool care. Their pg activities so so lor, like what I do wif my son, i.e. painting, sing songs, rhymes haha. Maybe mine better cos I got some cookery for him. But me lazy la wun have activities wif him everyday.
now considering cs montessori near my hse. but ex leh, each mth around 480. cos i oso sahm mum , it will incur additional expenses. headache haha.

Kiki> yes!! Now i know working mums got $150 more subsidy... Does it apply to self employed mums??!!

Kam> yah Lo... Agree that convenience is more impt...
Thats why I only went to check out PCF SPARKLETOT 2blocks away & Little Footprints 5min walk away...
And BIG difference I see already....
So Little Footprints is the more organized...

But I was a bit.... Stunned with the teachers....
Cuz there was a teacher... She sort of like scolded RY...
then I was thinking in my heart... Ok.. She's a teacher... Supposed to be fierce...
RY gatecrash into her class (older children) and she sort of talk a little louder to her and "ordered" her to go out...
Think suddenly I can understand how some parents complained abt everything abt the teachers and how some parents demanded that the teachers cannot scold their kids....

I keep telling myself... She's a teacher need to be fierce...

Am I right huh??? Cuz for the last 19mos... I've never heard anyone (except myself & HB) "scolding" RY Lo...
Not even friends will use that kind of tone....

Suddenly like a bit heartache... "y u scold my daughter??!!!?"
Hahaa.....

Think I'll have to make a trip down to register and Make payment of $60 to secure a place in Nov...
Or should I just wait for them to call me for vacancy then I go down pay huh??

I've checked out so many cc around my area... mainly 700++, 800++, 600++... All the ccs do not have any vacancy and when I asked them how long do I have to wait to enrol my girl, they just say depending on whether got any kids 'dropout' from school or graduate or not. Haiz... very stresssed now, as my maid just left us 2 weeks ago and I will be due in 3 weeks time.. I;m contemplating to go MP to plead for a place for Eliza to go cc liao. Tomorrow evening, they are having the "Meet the People Session".. Haha... can anyone sense my desperation? Now, I engaged a part time helper to do the major cleaning once a week and as for daily task, I just focus on cooking for Eliza and laundry.

Wonder if I can cope with a newborn and a 20 months toddler should i not be able to find a place at any nearby cc? Hiaz, was thinking, if Eliza can go cc, at least I don't have to stress over marketing and cooking for her and bathing her. Just need to focus on feeding and cleaning newborn and at the end of day, play and bond with Eliza.

Haiya, Sorry ar mummies... I'm ranting away.. Really need a solution fast.. Getting another maid is not an option for us anymore..

kam, itsy
yep, haha...u're rite in a way. even my gf's who have place their kids in atas CC also speak slinglish! can't be helped, we're living in SINGapore! =p my gf was telling me, even at this young age, they don't speak singlish, once go to primary school will also surely pick it up!

rach
yes, self employed and unemployed also got the $150 for both half day and full day.

enxuan
i thought your MIL stays with you? she can't help u out? don't think MP can help u unless the CC is a PCF one?

<font color="0000ff">singlish</font>
itsy, kam, kiki - you mean like super duper "proper" singlish or just singaporean slang-ed english? but like kiki said, our kids are growing up in SINGapore, so it will be weird if they speak with some other type of accent!

The teachers at the Cove are speaking rather well I would say....and I have not heard them raise their voice at the kids yet...those who live near clementi road/bukit timah might want to check them out?
And recently they are spear-heading this chinese language thingy,(Kate was ill, so she was around when mediacorp went for GRace Fu's signing of the MOU but she weren't around for the photoshoot the day after, so I kinda lost touch of what all the hoo-ha was all about) they were in the news last week.
But the wait list is also pretty long too i reckon.
And did I mention previously that the food they serve is ultra yummy and super nutritious?!! every morning you'll see the kitchen aunty boiling chicken or beef stock for their lunch!

Kiki, she can't help lor. She is glued to tv 8 hrs a day, lying on the sofa. Only time she gets up is to go toilet, to smoke or to cook. Then her cooking is machiam like salt is free one, alot of seasoning type.. Not very healthy for toddlers, that's why now that the maid is gone, she don't cook anymore, I do the cooking and I eat whatever my girl can't finish lor. Haiz.. There is a Pcf sparkletot at Yishun blk 723 that I so love.. When there , they told me got a vacancy but it's being reserved by a mummy who would only enrol her child in June.. I was like huh?!? Can reserve one? I'm like so ready to pay and let her girl start immediately, but the centre rather leave The vacancy and wait till June.. Sianz la. That's why tot of going mp for help!

Kiki> u mean self employed not entitled to $300 subsidy?? Cuz I'm considered self employed.. So do I pay $360 or $510???
Gosh if $510 then... o_O"""

Enxuan> ur that maid.... Cannot make it ah?? What happened??

paige
lol..whats your definition of 'proper' slinglish? like how we speak with the 'lah, leh, meh, lor'? but i think we speak pretty good english other then that rite? haha. i guess to me, if thats 'proper' slinglish then its ok lah, i can live with that! =p but of coz not broken english like the PCK kind of singlish! lol!

enxuan
aiyo, your MIL sounds quite jialat! since its a PCF CC, maybe its worth a try getting MP to help.

<font color="aa00aa">rach</font>

just saw ur post...

Jaelle is in half day cc. There are many reasons to why we chose cc over pg.
- we feel she can learn and interact with her peers more as 2 hrs is perhaps too short?
- im looking for montessori sch... and ard my area dun have those 2 hrs flexi-care or PG type.
- so if put PG, with no schools nearby that i like, than what? I send her to sch, cannot go home, wait outside her sch till she finish then go home? hurhur~
- and I think this is the main...
yes, im a sahm, with no #2 and helper and most of the time, no hubby as well. To save my sanity, I feel I deserve that "half day" break lor... but actually the time we leave her in sch is a mere 4 hrs nia... minus travelling time to n fro(x2), apparently abt 15-20 mins each, I actually have less than 3 hrs of ME time lor... And with that ME time, I dun usually do nothing n nua at home. I do housework or run errands. Aft fetch her from sch, bathe her, put her to nap, then i'd prepare her dinner and blah blah blah... but that 3 hrs is better than nothing la, at least i can do the chores peacefully. If Im really very tired, i still can nap peacefully for a couple of hrs bef picking her up.

For me, if i got helper, then i'd probably wont put her in cc liao...

Ling> oh ok... So for u is mainly to save ur sanity and ME time... Thats a reason I'll never pass through... Cuz hubby dum really get the idea that I'll go insane facing #1&amp;2 24/7...
It's more of... It's my responsibility and im the mother.. Sigh....
Even use she can interact and learn things he also said we can teach her those at home on our own...
Which is very true cuz she does learn a fair bit of things at home...

rach:
I think if you can provide your CPF statement to prove that you have income through self-employment, then you can be considered as working mum...

enxuan:
is there anyone can help you for the time being? because it is very tough to handle a toddler and a newborn all by yourself!

Itsy, cc has playgroup n1 n2 k1 k2; kindergarten has n, k1, k2.. Some has pre-n. Cc more like nanny.. Routine and studies.. Kindergarten only has snack time and studies. Routine + teaching v v shion and tiring. Last time I got to shower 10over toddlers. I took quite a long time cos I bathe them cleanly and apply powder which I bought it myself
happy.gif
cos the previous teacher was a china teacher and she teach me to bathe them like this ---> place 2-3 kids in a row and spray top to bottom.. Apply their soup/shampoo and spray again. That's it. I was like huh like this call bathe?? Think spray elephant meh?! Then my tt sch the soap and shampoo damn smelly. I think they mix the mixture wrongly or wad.. Disgust me! I went to buy a bottle of shampoo and soap and use specially on my toddlers! Hahahaaaa... And that's it my boss hates me! Haha cos I take quite a long time as compared to previous teacher to bathe the kids
sad.gif
I treat my kids like my precious so I make sure all bathe cleanly eat properly etc.. Hahahaha!

My Hb also same. I told him how about putting him to apple tree at my mom house there.. He say anything.. Then I say how about no need go school, anything.. Faint! He say school thing all leave to me. Roar! Men are men. Everything chin chye!

Princess / itsy,
From the men's perspective, they think we women think too much
happy.gif
Men and women have probably evolved into different species over the years. Though my hub and me are pretty much on the same frequency, there are still a few areas we tend to think differently, very different at times.

<font color="0000ff">princess</font>
wow, you are a true gem, I think if you have your own childcare, it will be very popular!
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">kiki</font>
yes, as long as they dont speak like PCK, I'm alright
happy.gif
happy.gif

We are trying soooooo hard to speak mandarin to her....its so tough! When we speak mandarin, she will stare at us blanky like we are speaking some alien language!

<font color="0000ff">enxuan</font>
Oh dear, I feel for you, its like you ahve to take care of a toddler and your MIL as well! I do hope that you can settle the CC issue soon. *sigh*

rach

even if you are a self employed mom, and you contribute tax to the government every year, you will still get money from government for child care leave, and subsidy for all these various things.

enxuan,

i can't imagine you alone with the newborn and the toddler. it sounds like mission impossible to me. do you have any support from your parents or pil?? or else, send eliza to a slightly further away cc that your hub can send and pick up... still better than having both at home!!! waaa!!

princessxiaomei
yeah, i heard from my friends that some (most) CC bathe the kids like 'production style'. something like all stripe and stand one row, then one by one rinse, then go to next teacher to be soaped and rinsed, then go to next teacher to be dried, then go to next teacher to be dressed! imagine if there's not enough teachers to do the job fast, the kids are standing there in the cold! and that is one reason why they also get sick often!

princess, itsy
i think the more correct word to describe is not 'chin chye', more like 'boh chap'!

paige
tell me abt it! when i call kimmy's chinese name, she doesn't even look up! i keep asking my hb to teach/speak to her some chinese but his kind of teaching is like 3 mins flip a book and say the words in mandarin! think nextime she's gonna fail mandarin coz i'm also totally clueless how to teach mandarin coz i can't even read K1 standard!

potbelly
i told u, stride rite. here's the link.
www.striderite.com.sg i got it locally when they just opened their new store at forum. they have 'feet' experts and some kind of measuring equipment to properly measure your child's feet so that you get the appropriate size.

<font color="0000ff">baby clothings</font>
What do you guys do with your 0-12M baby clothings? I have tonnes of them and its taking up so much space...thinking of dumping them at salavtion army...but was wondering whether there are any orphanages which might need them more than salvation army?

Paige / kiki,
Send your gal me for Chinese training. My friend's son who is same age as HR, he didn't speak any Chinese to his mum, after he played with HR and XY for 2 days, he auto spoke to me in mandarin. Either my English is very bad or my Mandarin is very good, or I have the " speak chinese please" stamp on my forehead :)

Paige,
I got to know about this charity from a mummy - http://blessingsinabag.org/ You can consider donating K's clothes to them.

For me, I am still keeping all the clothes, in case, just in case, we would go for #3 (chances are getting lower and lower). If not, will pass to my relatives whoever needs it. But both of them don't have many clothes lah, not too big a problem for me in term of storage.

Back