(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

Ian started to cough and have runny nose this morning. Went to the doc, says might be virus with palette inflammation that's y he's not eating. Super sian, dunno where he kana this virus.

<font color="0000ff"><font size="+2">Crayon Rocks</font></font>

rach:

The crayon rocks are from http://www.crayonrocks.net/

Wholesale price USD86.25 for 25 bags, UPSP international shipping USD41.95

But dunno why they don't reply to my mail leh...

Maybe u can try and let us know if they reply u... thanks

Waiwai> I emailed them yest after I posted and they replied me this morning leh...

They needed me to be a retailer to be entitled to wholesale price...
Else they said wait for a few months.. They have a new machine coming in... May save them time and labor and price would decrease....

Thy said all handmade in USA wor...

I'm checking out alternatives USA sites... See if anyone play punk and sellig cheaper... Kekek....

Hi mummies, how's everyone.. Been the longes time since I logged in but did a quick glance and saw that most mummies are discussing about weight issues and cc/playgroups..

I'm now in my 33 weeks Preg and have put on so much weight that I don't even wanna know Liao.. All I know is i have another last few rounds of weeks to go and weight should be the least to worry about and I should enjoy my pregnancy instead.. Closing shop after no. 2.. At least for the next 3 to 5 years. I'm gonna try vbac this time round so that is my main goal for now, after that would then be getting my pre-pregnancy weight back.

Eliza will be startig her full day Childcare sometime in June/july. Not sure how well she will take to it or as a matter of fact, how well I can take to it. But I guess it will be good for her in the long run as she can establish some routine and discipline, at the same time, learn new stuff and gain more friends. Her life would be more exposed which is a good start la.

I do have a question though, not sure if any mummies feel this way. My parents (aka my daughters grandparents) sees her once a week. When they get to see her, my parked would
1) spoil her silly... Give in to all her request and whines no matter what.. Of course, except when it poses any danger to her.
2) buys her whatever she takes a second look at while we were out shopping.. Often I told them not to buy, as she loses interest very fast and she is more of curious rather than want.. But still, despite my efforts, they will say it's ok, they want to buy..
3) they will keep carrying her despite me saying let her walk a little.. When they carry, they always bring her away from us ( the parents) like go to their room, go out for stroll etc.. While me and my hubby will sit in their living room.. And of course, they will play and entertain her at all times and at all cost
4) when my baby falls or accidentally bumps into something, they will always run to carry her although my arms are already stretched out ready to embrace ans comfort my child. And also, for myself, I see if my girl really gets hurt or sometimes, she feign cries to get attention.. If she feigns, of course I will just tell her that it's ok, you didn't get hurt and there is no need to cry.. But my parents, whether it's true or false, they will rush and carry her and kiss and pacify like the world has fallen like that lor.
The thing is, now everytime it's time for us to go home, she will cry for my parents and don't want me or hubby to carry her. It hurts me and I'm sure my hubby is not enjoying this too. Then when my baby cries, they will continue to pacify and carry her and this goes on for the longest time. Sometimes, I snapped and I just carried her, despite her cries, and proceed to go immediately.. Often, she is alright after some form of distraction after we are gone.
I know my baby loves us and she just want to have fun with my parents but i cant help but feel heartbroken when my girl pushes us away whenever my parents are around. I don't know if I'm over reacting cause this is common or what. I'm starting to hate bringing my girl over to my parents place but I know I can't be selfish la. Any mummies feel this way too?

Enxuan
Congrate. U can take a rest while they help u entertain ur kid. They just love ur kid. Anyway they don see u frequent, don worried too much. Grandparents tend to spoil kids.

Kiki
A suggestion. U kiss ur gal bye wif a smile n tell her, mommy will fetch u after lession ..... Enjoy e fun. Must sound happy.
When u fetch her, hug her . Tried to b e first few to fetch her.

If sneak off, she might feel lost.

gummymummy

montessori school means that they have incorporated either an hour of montessori program into their curriculum. Or some schools practise it in the whole program so they actually have children from N1-K2 in the same class.

i like the montessori program but i can't find any good school that has that in the east. There's one that looks not bad, but it doesn't have speech and drama kind of lessons, so i figured that i may buy the book and material and maybe see if i have the time to do it with yihui at home. but that's v optimisitic. hahaha

gummymummy

oh poor thing!! why were you still in the office so late?? since you have already tendered, are they still torturing you?

joli

yeah she's already on textured food. like the porridge is not longer the ground rice, but the normal brown rice. so she has to chew. i just thought that rice is still a little too hard for her.

kiki

yes playclub is still parent accompanied. but i find the program much more interesting than playnest. hehe. i think i will miss accompanying her when she moves up to nursery... i kind of enjoy the whole thing myself.

as for bjg, i didn't take her out as she still looks forward to going to it and i like the small class size and the attention that the teacher shows on them and the interaction. but 2 out of 4 are stopping this term. and the 3rd one is still not sure if he wants to continue. so yihui may have to start a new class. see how.. if they can't start a class then i will hunt for something else, maybe shichida. does gug have gym?

kiki teat biting

no such problem since she spat out her milk bottles after her 12th month. water and milk all from straw/cup/spoon now... maybe you should wean her off bottles??

gummymummy

julia gabriel. yihui attended 3 sems of playnest and is now starting on her 1st sem of playclub. she loves it, so does mommy. hehehe.

paige

it's very easy to locate people's blogs now. that's why i'm quite careful with my blog that i only use initials or "name". but heck, what is the fun of keeping a blog when you can't publish it!! when you want to complain, you want your friends to know!! hahaha. but this also applies to facebook. i only accept people whom i know....

enxuan

it's very common that grandparents spoil their grandchildren. My parents used to cane me a lot when i was little, but now they just turn putty in my girl's hands. Why don't you just sit back and let your girl enjoy the attention since it's only once a week.

Or else, you may want to sit down and talk to your parents privately. Since they are your parents, it's easier to talk to them and i'm sure they love you a lot and would try to help you as well as they can.
happy.gif

itsy

*oops* Hope Ian recovers soon. Take care of youself coz you mentioned you were getting sick too right?

enxuan

Hope you can be successful at VBAC
happy.gif

I think there's a saying that "granparents are meant to spoil the grandkids". I know exactly how you feel but I guess we can look at it from a positive angle? The time spent with your parents is just once a week. it's not that bad a thing to let Eliza know that she's been loved by so many people. And you can take it as a short break that Eliza's off your hands for a while. At least, that's how I try to look at it &amp; it does give me a good break if just for a couple of hours.

Btw my maid was doing a lot of those things too.. not the buying of course, but the carrying, doting, giving in etc. One of the 3 big reasons why I sent her back was bcoz I felt she was encroaching on mummy's prerogative. I don't mind abt grandparents, but not SILs or maids. I have boundaries too haha

Enxuan,

Maybe u can have a talk with your parents about how u feel. Or be firm with them about certain things. Anyway try to spent as much time with your gal as much as possible. Bring her to parks or playground etc.. When #2 comes, really will have very little time for them, at least for the 1st three months.

Kam &amp; paige,

Thanks. Mine is a csection. Reach hospital 7:30am. Did all the paperworks, blood &amp; urine test etc. 8 plus go into the OT. The EPI not painful, just a little sting. 9 plus bb is born. This time round, I can manage the pain better. Overall very smooth and fast delivery .

Enxuan,

My this pregnancy I total gain only 8 kg. I follow the Dietician advice on what to eat. I drink skim milk , 4 cups a day. Breakfast consist of 2 wholemeal with low fat cheese. Take 3/4 bowl of brown rice . Cut out fried, fast food, sweet stuff. Quite torturing at first actually but I did not starve myself. I also drink those low sugar hi calcium soymilk. And I actually see the difference in my weight. The whole of my third trimester , my weight is yoyo, one month, up 400g, next month lost 300g. The whole of third trimester I only gain 1 kg. During my first pregnancy, I put on 15 kg and the most is during 3rd trimester.

Wah kaira! Good leh.. You put on so little.. I didn't know can drink so much milk though. Maybe I can try your diet for now and see if it helps a little or not. My next check up is on 15 April.. Looking forward to baby no. 2 Liao.

Thanks mummies for the advise earlier. Sometimes I feel a little disappointed and difficult to manage after we bring her home. She will behave like a spoilt brat lor.. Keep pushing her luck and whining and crying.. Like today like that.. If we don't give in, she will go "por por.... Por por"( calling for her grandmother) and cry.. Don't let us carry and comfort her. It will take a day or two before she forgets and get back to her normal guai self.

<font color="ff6000">jul</font>
I see. Hope you're hvg fun with him!

<font color="ff6000">itsy</font>
Oh dear. Take care,

<font color="ff6000">enxuan</font>
Congrats. My father actually said in front of us "it's the parent's duty to discipline the kids, not granparents." which is true, I guess. But I also said "ok, but can don't make it difficult?" They also said my boy bully grandparents, so I said, you all wanna let him bully you

<font color="ff6000">potbelly</font>
Then, she should be fine arh....!
Or you can also cook soft rice if you think normal rice is hard. Cos one day, I accidentally put in too much water, and found the rice to be very soft. He also like. So, I alternate esp if there's no soup to accompany the normal rice.

wah! suddenly lots to catch up on! hehe...

paige
oh...kate still cries even now for a short period? today, the teacher told me that every monday, the kids tend to cry more then the other days coz of the 2 days weekend break. quite chaotic this morning... made me very worried when i left her there after 1st hr. but i think she did ok!

joli
i think most parents will feel this way. don't be 'scared' lah, i guess its true, at some point got to let go. but yeah...its hard, i think harder if u were a sahm and u are with your child 24/7 since birth! when i came home just now leaving her there for 2nd hr, i feel like my house got 'no life'...suddenly so quiet! really not used to it!

ling
oh, don't worry abt it. i guess you were busy and tired also! =) looks like nextime our playdates got to make on wkends!

itsy
oh dear, ian still not well? palette inflammation? sounds serious! how is he now? better yet? i think these virus are all airbourne one...sometimes out of no where even if never really go out also can kanna! =( hope he gets well soon!

enxuan
ltnc! haiz...i think most grandparents will spoil the kids lor. why don't u just tell them how u feel abt it?

connie
yep,thanks for your suggestion. i did just that earlier...but she still cried for a good 10mins! but when i picked her up, at least she looked ok and happy.

potbelly
GUG doesn't have gym...if u mean like the BJG gym. anyways, i'm also not too sure what does BJG do for gym coz i only went for the trial lesson!

so u think i shd wean kimberly off bottle already? wow! yihui is totally weaned off bottles? i did try to let her drink her milk with a cup n straw but problem is she won't finish it! how much can yihui drink fr cup each time?

Joli,

Thanks
happy.gif
ya , this pregnancy journey very fast ..

Different generation thinking very different . Just a little upset at first but I'm okay now.

Kaira,
That's a super duper smooth labour, wow! Enjoy your confinement and your new bundle of joy. If you are latching your #2, you can do activities with your #1 while latching, that's what I did :)

Enxuan,
At least it's your parents, not your ILs, should be easier to talk to? Just sit them down and tell them frankly what you and your hub think it's not right? If they don't want to change, just have to think of it positively, that it's better to have more people to dote on Eliza than none. My kids only see both sides of the grandparents once or twice a year, so deprive of grandparents' love. My son always said gonggong and porpor live far far away :p

RE: Whining / crying
For those who heard enough of me "complaining" about how whiny my daughter was during the weekend. You know what happened after I sent her to her nanny. About half an hour I left her place, she texted me and said "XY is already back to her normal self, eating her breakfast and looking happy". Duh, tortured us for the past 48 hours, now back to normal within an hour?!! She definitely knows who to bully. I am actually guessing she is having very bad separation anxiety but a bit of the Terrible Twos. No matter what, I just hope it's a phase and we manage to pull through it :)

POUCH/SLING

Anyone uses? I had an impossible time with the MIM sling. Sam refused to be in it. Dunno if it's coz i didn't know how to use it properly or i started too late at 2.5mths.

I thought a pouch'll help since it's fixed size n no need to adjust or contend with all the cloth. But just now i tried a suze S n it's sooo small n tight. Aiyah looks impossible to use. But the chart does say i shd use size S.

Jul> if u are using Pupsik, u should use a M.. S is impossible for u.. even Pam uses M..
happy.gif

Let me know if u want.. I've got lobang for Pupsik and i'm collating orders..
happy.gif

RACH

Dunno whatbrand that shop carried. But i did see S on the chart. But it was unbearably tight!

Where can i try the pupsik ah? Really thinking of getting one.

FAVCHOCO

Haha bored wuthout K ah?

Jul> mothercare has Pupsik... Else u go Pam shop see if she okie to bring and lend u... Else... Many mummies here also have... Dun rem itsy having it.... U see who has a M n staying near u to lend u...

Sometimes size chart Also not accurate de.... Only very petite mummies then I recommend S... Can't think of anyone among us.... Majority M... Some very tall or big bust then L...
I'm big size so L...
happy.gif

Big size + big bust = XL

kam
do u mean to say that XY have separation anxiety from your nanny? gosh...she is really attached to her nanny hor? even mummy also cannot pacify? =/

jul
i use M how can u use S?!

myfavchoco
feeling bored now that K is in full day huh? when around they will drive u crazy, but when not around seems so quiet rite? today my K not around for 1 hr i feel so strange already!

<font color="0000ff">jul</font>
I quite like my pupsik, like you mentioned, no 'cloth' to meddle with. But I think I'm in between sizes as my M is a little too big for me, S too small. You might have this problem too? (have never met you, hehe)

Jul and Kiki

Hahhah.. Nope I m not bored that K is not around. I am bored at PS becos Hubby when for an interview. Walking around PS while waiting. nothing for me to buy that y bored ;p

I am kan gai Liao.. Won't think that much bout K cos I know he is learning and having fun at school.. It's good for him ;))

<font color="0000ff">potbelly</font>
This blog thing is making me super upset. The person never rests her case. I have no idea how a small entry about my feeling as regards to my appraisal (personal leh!!) can trigger such a big hoo-ha.
I have privatised my previuos blog but have set up another new public one.
Maybe its time for me to change job.

kiki

I kept telling the lady that S was very right, that I could hardly breathe &amp; it's so hard to squeeze the doll baby in. But she kept insisting! I think she wasn't interested bcoz I didn't look like buying.

Itold her I was looking for a pouch &amp; that I already have Manduca. She kept going on abt the sling! Then finally when she showed me abt the pouch, she was so haphazard abt it. Then I asked her how to use the Manduca for a newborn &amp; she said go check website! Then she rushed off to serve another lady who wanted to buy the sleepy wrap. Sian...

rach

I saw liao, thanks
happy.gif

favchoco

PS still bored ah? Then at work lagi bored haha

paige

Er.. I'm 1.62m &amp; abt 54-55 kg. I shd fall into M lah. U look slimmer than me (from FB) hehe

You mean that person's still going on abt the blog??? What's her problem? Actually, I dun relly know what job you do leh hehe. Quite disappointed that I didn't get to read thatentry before you deleted it. Then now I dunno the whole story. Sorry, I'm bery bagua one *oops* But is it so bad till you have to change job?

paige

Cheer up! You're flying off to the States 2moro!

Envy.. if my hubs were there, I'll buy lots of stuff online then send to his hotel haha

Paige> no pun intended... But Jul is like taller than Kiki, ard same or bigger size than Kiki...
So she's prob not having same prob as u... It's the size chart...
I think looking at individual body is more accurate than weight... Weight doesn't really reflect the true physical size...

Just like I'm big and heavy boned... Cant really tell I'm 75kg kind... Ppl usually tot 60plus...
happy.gif

kiki,
No, no, no. I mean she has seperation anxiety from ME lah! She cried bucket when I sent her to her nanny this morning. My son cried very bad also cos we left the house 1.5 hours later than usual, so he thought he doesn't need to go school, kept saying he wanted to follow me to work or to whatever (he doens't believe me that I am going to work cos it's so late already!) :p

For my girl, she is very very sticky to me. She fights for my full attention, sometimes pushes her gorgor away, sometimes kicks him! I walked away 1 minute would make her whine the next 30-60min :-(

About the Terrible Twos, yesterday brought them to the west coast park after she woke up from her nap. Just before we left, we kept away the bubble gun, she was super not happy, she threw herself onto to road(!!) (not real road, only meant for cycling), then one more time on to the ground, and then roll on the grass!!!!!! We totally ignored her, no choice.

Also, something like she doesn't want to drink water, but we offer her the bottle, she accepts and throws it on the floor. We keep the bottle away, she whines. Give her the bottle, she throws. How to make her happy?

Or like she refuses to hold her bottle. Ask me to hold. Okay, I hold. Then she doesn't want my hand to touch the bottle, so I move my hand away, so the bottle drop, then she angry. So I hold the bottle, but she is angry too cos she doesn't want my hand. What can I do???

Terrible Twos!! Gosh! I so feel like I am a first time mum. Never faced this with my boy leh. Sometimes feel very sad cos feel like I am not doing enough for her or have been ignoring her so make her bad temper. On Sunday morning, I cried together with her :-( But hor, some mummies told me some kids may be even worse than this, and said XY is already a "mild" case liao, don't know if I should feel happy :p

Paige,
What? That person doesn't let you off that blog entry?? What's wrong with her? If you like your work, it's not worth it to change job just because of her. Unless you have already thought of chnaging (which I think you were), then it's okay lah.

Don't think too much. Enjoy your holiday!!!

Jul> oh u went to novena square huh?? Lol.. They dun carry pupsik... Prob another brand's pouch ba...

Hahaah u see Liaoz Nv reply me... Lol.. Whatsapp free leh:..

rach

yeah I dropped by there during lunch before gog to gynae. Er.. paiseh lah. I saw the notification msg, then I didn't press View so forgot abt it haha. U know my brain got holes one

<font color="0000ff">jul</font>
haha, you are funny. ermm, yeah, Eh, but you look tall leh. I'm 1.65 but I also dont look my height. My weight I better not reveal coz u might faint.

<font color="0000ff">kam</font>
Oh dear, do you mean HR have never been through this stage? as in the roll on the floor and cry (saw your FB video) So diff hor both kids...
Yes, at the beginning of the year, I do feel like changing jobs, but that would be more for career progression. As for being comfortable, getting a regular income, and good working hours, this job still serves me well.
*sigh*
Dilemma.

<font color="0000ff">rach</font>
you lost all your pregnancy weight in 1 month, that's really good hor!
Yeah, I agree, and all these BMI thing is also inaccurate...!!
I hate to get advise on my BMI during yearly checkups.

kam
oh! ok... i thought u meant she separation anxiety fr your nanny! suddenly feel worried for u! gosh, her terrible twos must have started early. sounds quite scary... i hope kimberly's terrible twos wont be too terrible! its scarier for me coz i'm a sahm n have to deal with her alot!

paige
that person still hounding you abt your entry? i can understd...if i were u, i'd feel v stressed too! *pat pat*

rach
yeah...i think u're rite, jul shd be taller then me! jul the M is actually alittle big for me but the S is too small and too tight! anyways, kim hated the pupsik!

paige

I know! Everyone is shocked when I tell them I'm ONLY 1.62 &amp; they get another shock when I tell them I need to wear size L bottoms. I hate it when salespeople try to push the M pants on me, telling me, "Can one! Can one!". Please lor, who touches those hips &amp; butt &amp; thighs everyday huh???

Hiaz dun tell me your weight lah. Make me envious only haha

kiki, kam

Sam is also having Terrible Twos. Want something, we don't give.. whines &amp; stamps foot &amp; cries. Give him.. throw it at us! How to please him???

kiki

I think I shd definitely get M then, since u're on borderline S/M. I can't possibly use S lah. So tight!

But when did you start using the pouch with Kimberly? Really early on, or after 3 mths? I started Sam on MIM sling at 2.5 mths &amp; by then, he only wanted to be carried UPRIGHT

joli

yep. soft rice. just put in more water than normal. hehe

kiki

bjg, the teacher will assemble a different obstacle course each time to suit their standards. like when they were younger, the obstacle course was easier to manage. and they do the normal monkey bar, hanging on bars, somersault, rolling on balls, jumping on balls etc

weaning off bottles
eventually you will have to wean them off. but it depends on whether they are ready or not. my niece is still drinking from the bottle and she's 5 already. yihui will drink from the straw or straight from the cup, depending on her mood. if she's in a good mood, she will finish everything. but she will leave a bit at the end. for me, i will just feed with spoon and then discard. my patient mom and hub will feed her everything spoon by spoon. she actually doesn't really like milk a lot. she drinks a lot of water. she drinks about 180ml (that's about the max the cup can hold. hehe) the rest i will supplement with tofu, cheese, yoghurt and "yin yu" during her meals.

<font color="119911">paige</font>

blog

yeah. i can understand. afterall the blog is a place to vent our frustrations. but sometimes google is such a wonderful tool that it is very easy to find things on the internet nowadays. i feel that whether or not you want to change job, it shouldn't be just because of that blog thingy. but if every morning, you get up and you dread going to work, it's your brain telling you that some change is needed. c'mon, life is short, don't make yourself miserable over this. i always believe if you are a competent person, and good at what you are doing, there are always plenty of opportunities outside. who knows, you may find a better one out there. so far, i have not regretted any of my job change. once i change, i make up my mind to excel in it and will not look back.

so think hard on whether you like your job enough to stay. if you do, then you may want to compromise on changing your blog. afterall, you must know what makes you happy.

Paige> lol are u like 40kg???!!? I was 46kg at PRIMARY 4... and I've never touched that weight again.. Lol....

Yah I didnt put on exactly alot this time round... Was 89kg at labor ward... Rayanne time I was 93/95.. So worried I'll hit 100 kg Lo... Lol...

Forgot to weigh immediately after this time... But was 81kg when I weighed few days later... By the 2nd week check at gynae was 77.5kg...
So I think I lost all within 3weeks??

Waiting to weigh at his machine again during 6th week check.. Woohoo... Dreaming to see 70kg... Lol....

Jul> wahahahah u best la...
Yah I seen u before so I can be very sure u are M la... L is out cuz I use L.. Think Ling uses L as well but she's very tall and has got... *ahem* big assets... *drool* lol... :p

Like I said, Pam very slim also M... Yah... So u get the link &amp; gauge...
happy.gif

Haha if Kiki doesn't want her pouch u can see if she wanna sell.. Think she uses confetti..
happy.gif
hor, Kiki?

jul
can't remember when i started using the pupsilk but i think it was during infant stage when she still couldn't sit up yet. i didn't like it from the beginning, fumbled alot with it and somehow i felt like she wasn't comfortable in it! i know i wasn't! i dunno how rach, ling, paige use it but they make it look soooo easy! for me, it was difficult! i think i tried on 3 or 4 occassions and always very short periods only, then i gave up, chucked it one side until i sold it off! =p

potbelly
yeah, maybe i should try to wean her slowly. but really dread using the cup! she always spills n make a mess! she wants to hold the cup herself but yet cannot quite hold it properly!

rach
wah...ur memory mega good hor? yes i had the confetti, sold it long time ago liao.

Terrible one and a half,

Just now I lost my patience with my boy and smack him real hard at his tights and hands. And of course he cried , and even puke out all his milk feed.

Last time, he was never like this . He did thrown tantrum a little, cried a little .. After I discharge from hospital, he's like a total change. Everything wants to be his way. Scream, throw things, cry through out the day. I don't think he is jealous of his didi. Even I carry his brother, he also don't bother . In fact , he seems to be closer to my helper after I'm back. Don't even want to come near me . Even hubby says he's like a total change just a week difference. Anyway, I hope he can go back to his cheeky oldself soon..

kiki

that means she needs to practise more with holding her cup. when yihui first started she spills it all over herself. but because she has had almost 5 months of practice so she's quite ok now. before she finishes i will tell her to put it on the table after she finishes and she will comply because now she understands. but sometimes accidents do still happen. just have to clean up lor.

I have two terrific / terrible twos...Pei pei is now 2.5 yo and Hao hao 1.5 yo...

I lost my voice since last week, now still no voice to talk too much to them

Kiki> hahaha amazed how my brains can rem certain things but just can't rem something that happened a min ago...
Was telling steph.. After 2 kids already left half a brain... She has 4 and that leaves her with 20%....
so I should be glad I still have 60% in tact... Lol....

Back