(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

waiwai,
heard before that if u claim ur own insurance...ur next insurance will be expensive...
must claim other party's insurance...

kaira

Sam's also very irritable - still. He's teething. Think another molars coming out, so he's very very bad-tempered. keeps throwing stuff & wanting to hit pple
sad.gif

Oh a salesman advised me before abt washer-cum-dryer. If you have that, when u're drying the clothes, u can't use the washer to wash another batch. So u may do things like,, wash 1st batch, take the clothes out from the washer, wash 2nd batch, dry 2nd batch, then put in 1st batch to dry.. something like that. So consider carefully beofre getting "combo" machines hee

waiwai

Oh no! Hope u're ok

Jul,
Yup, set timer this time round :p and the fan works!! No bad smell, my laundry all smells nice and fresh~ yipee!

Kate also has 4 teeth all coming up at the same time, plus still recovering from her rotavirus laosai...sometimes, I wonder how BBQ handles 'double' of what we are experiencing!
happy.gif
happy.gif

Waiwai,
take care, yes, good thing your kiddos were not in the car!

morning mummies!!!

wish all the mummies here a <font size="+2"><font color="5000aad">
Happy Chinese New Year!!!
Gong Xi Fa Cai</font></font>

this weather is insane! just when i thought 'wah! got sun today finally!' it starts to pour again! i also have tons of wet laundry. though i have a dryer but i only use it for the sheets. find that clothes tend to shrink when using the dryer!

dropping hair
mummies, are your babies dropping hair? seems like my girl is dropping a lot of hair lately! i wonder if its normal? today i picked up at least 20 strands of hair from her bed!

kiki

Sam's hair only dropped from 2 mths to abt.. can't really remmeber.. 5 mths? Shd babes be dropping hair at 18 mths?

jul
thats why i don't know! but kim didn't really drop much hair when she was much younger though. so it is normal to be dropping hair now?! quite scary leh...the amt of hair! =/

Kiki

My friends also told me clothes will shrink. So I'm thinking of using it on t shirts n sheets etc. Shirts just hang dry. Would those shrink too??

potbelly
not sure leh..usually i only use dryer on bedsheets unless i'm super desperate (like these past few days) then i'd use the dryer but only for a short period to do final drying (15-30mins only), before that i still hang up and line dry.

新年快乐! 恭喜发财! 万事如意!!
宝贝快高长大!乖巧听话!

happy new year to all mommies &amp; babies!!

tmr no work for me.. need to take care of baby myself so my mom can do CNY preparation for her hse..

dryer
mine is the combined type 2 in 1 washer cum dryer... i usually use the dryer for bedsheets as well.. now i used for clothes and my clothes are so kiam cai after drying! think i'm going to have a hard time ironing
sad.gif
so much clothes to iron...

paige
i found 20 strands on her bed alone leh! i bet she must be dropping more elsewhere too! i find it alot because before this i rarely find strands of hair in her cot, maybe just 2-3? so seems like she is shedding hair!

To all Moms &amp; Babies
Happy &amp; prosperous CNY!

Posted on Wednesday, February 02, 2011 - 8:27 pm:   
Happy bunny year to all mummies and babies. Hope our Sept babies healthy and mummies happy and pretty ..

心情 have not been very good lately. Have try telling myself to relax but I just can't help feeling this way.

Jul,

thanks for the tip on 2 in 1 washer and dryer. Thaddeus also teething and I find him very tired lately. He can takes longer nap and want to sleep earlier during night time.

Happy CNY to all!

Thanks gals for your concern. I'm physically ok, but still traumatised over the experience. I'm claiming that reckless driver for my car's damage and my medical bill.

I hate reckless drivers.

cloudme:

regarding claiming car insurance... i claiming my policy then it will claim from that reckless driver's policy. mine would not be affected because my car was hit by others. but that reckless driver's next premium will increase a lot

Just to share another weird encounter on the road today...

We were reverse parking when this driver drove so close to our car that almost hit our car. We signalled him to reverse a bit to allow our car to complete parking, yet that driver did not. Waste everyone's time. Road bully. He thinks his car bigger can bully smaller car. Or he hormone inbalance

haha,
waiwai...

i often see those with bigger cars on road acting like bullies...!!!

mine also small car...

sometime on expressway...those bigger car just cut into our lane without signalling (and often its so near to our car when they just cut in)...

thanks for explaining the insurance claiming procedure...
happy.gif

jul,
Me just back from my CNY holidays. My son is attending My Little Campus @ Bishan. It's one of the nearest CC to my home. Starting Jan 2012.

开工大吉! back to work today!

felt no rest at all.. &amp; missing the many days i spent with my boy.. though he "pulled" my limit between the days...

how was the CNY for ur babies? did they ate lotsa "forbidden" goodies &amp; disrupted their whole routine?

i think mine began to throw "heavier" tantrums when he met one of the relatives' kid on fri nite. So on sat, he was giving me a hard time to appease him - to nap, eat, play. Thank God he wasn't that playful on sun..

&amp; I brought him to Swensens yesterday since i wan't working, so he had some of the fish &amp; chips &amp; ice-cream!

Happy New Year Mommies.

How is your baby?

While in M'sia, almost whole family see doc. Son n hubby on eve n my gal on 2nd day of CNY. My maid see on the 1st day of CNY. The medicine from M'sia very effective and I presume it is very strong. My boy usually have to take at least 3 days before the running nose stop but it takes only 1 day now. Before going M'sia, he seem the doctor twice and not recovering. I was wondering is the m'sia medicine too strong or the S'pore doc diagnose issue.

My maid lost her voice n her sore throat was recovering very fast after taking M'sia medicine. The S'pore medicine not working for her too.

Hello mummies! Wishing all a good year ahead!

I am back to work today.

<font color="ff0000">Please HELP me to vote for HR and XY, thanks!!</font>

Brought the kids for the quick photography shoot. Thought can get some nice photos of them in CNY wear. But hor, still haven't received the photos till now. And the photography session was bad, not enjoyable at all, the photographer didn't know how to engage children, and no one was around to help out, so I did all the jobs, so tired!

Anyway, if you have a few minutes, please click the links below to vote for HR and XY:

http://www.facebook.com/asiaparent?v=app_143103275748075#!/photo.php?fbid=190114304350453&amp;set=a.189372134424670.49934.188466951181855

http://www.facebook.com/asiaparent?v=app_143103275748075#!/photo.php?fbid=190114371017113&amp;set=a.189372134424670.49934.188466951181855

HR and XY say "Happy New Year!" to all pretty auuties!

Kam,
oh, which area u went? I went Taiping lake area for dim sum on 2nd day and to the Zoo. Not much animals there. Wanted to go to the water fall but forget to bring cloths so never went.

Which photographer did u engage? I went to 1 last year and I don't think they are good. Skill so so only.

Connie,
Oh really, we were at the Taiping lake too, but that's after lunch. Didn't go to the zoo cos we went last year. We took the boat to tour around the lake and then let the kids play at the playground for a while.

Kam,
Thats fun. My boy is kaola bear for the whole trip. Not sure y rejected daddy so we nvr stop at the playground.

Hi mommies,
What is the diff between edufarm n star tots?

Mummies,

do you experience right now they are so active and wana walk, its hard to keep them sit still at restaurant?

any advise how to do so? its so embrassing whenever my son make noise in a restaurant..
sad.gif

Flower4,
You can give him something to distract his attention. eg, toys car, biscuit etc. Workable for some kids only.

For my gal, I gave rice to her n she can happily eat it herself, if she make noise, we give her biscuit. she only interested in eating.

For my boy, he want stickers.

Flower &amp; Connie,

My boy also can't sit still. He keeps wanting to get down the high chair and walk. Now we seldom dine in nice restaurant as we won't be able to enjoy our food in peace. Haven try the sticker and biscuit..

Flower4,
It's very common for kids this age to wanting to move around and not sit still.

We don't have a particular tactic. But most of the time, we only make them sit down when the food is served. When the food is here, they can sit down and enjoy their food. Before that, either me or my hub will bring them outside of the restaurant to walk around. If they fuss when we are having our food, either of us will have to pause to take care of them, the other parent quickly finish his/her meal, then take over. We have also tried to dine in children friendly restaurant that comes with play area, they play while we eat, win-win situation. iPhone is a hit too, but we avoid using it unless it's totally no other better way.

Did everyone have a gd CNY long weekend???

I'm not so good! Having migraine since Mon
sad.gif
It's terrible - like a fish hook digging into my temples, &amp; the ache goes down to the cheekbone &amp; the jaw socket. Wanna tear off the left side of my face. And I get mild nausea on &amp; off too. When will my torment end?

Shorts Under Short Skirts/Dresses

Anyone knows where I can get these? I want shorts to wear under those dresses or skirt which are a bit short &amp; will 'zao geng'. But cannot be too bulky or frilly else I'll look like a marshmallow!

And I can't wear leggings coz most of the time, they're free size &amp; are too small &amp; tight on me. I need size L lor
sad.gif

kam

Yes, still on MC. Couldn't face work with a fish hook in my brain. But I need to go back 2moro coz I have things to rush
sad.gif

oh my jul, by reading your post make me feel the pain too.. u mus be tense up. do relax.

connie, u are so lucky, im still feeding my son, i have not try letting him eat himself yet ..

Kam, u relli have great patience..

Wat stickers shld i buy, i even give my iphone to my son he jus not interested and jus wan to climb down &amp; play.

Kaira.. poor us
sad.gif

<font color="119911">Jess</font>
Ian had a day of "forbidden" food. Actually it was my fault, I tot my aunt will cook rice and liao for lunch and dinner so I didn't prepare food for Ian. But she didn't. I was busy playing MJ and when they asked me if they can feed Ian lunch of porridge and pork, I happily agreed. After that Ian started to lao sai, then I found out that the pork they fed Ian was lor bak! So his porridge was in fact lor bak and lor sauce! Too oily so he lao sai at least 4 times that day! Haiz...

<font color="119911">Flower4</font>
Ian also cannot sit for long. What we do is, once we sit down, I'll start feeding him with porridge (or whatever homecooked food I prepared), cos once our food is served, he'll reject his porridge. Then we'll let him eat a bit of what we are eating. Because of this, one of us will have to order something very healthy and suitable for Ian
sad.gif
Sad, cos now we can't both order spicy/fried food. Most of the time, I'll 'entertain' Ian first while my hubby eats quickly, then he'll 'entertain' him while I finish up my food. LOL no more wining and dinning for us lor.

<font color="119911">Jul</font>
Aiyo, your migraine sounds real bad. Relax a bit, listen to music and ... ermm... maybe eat your fav food, will help?

Itsy,

at least your son is interested in food, my son wont even interested in our food. he jus wana to get out of his seat and run abouts..

now mus really source for stickers.. but one problem ,once he enuf of siting watever toys i give him he will throw it on the floor and start climbing up the chair to get down
sad.gif

Back