(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

Kam, what jab are you bringing your girl for? Is there any compulsory immunization needed at 1 yr old? I'm really confused with this.

cookiezz: sayang Jacob. hope he gets well soon

enxuan: at 1 year old, immunization needed are chicken pox and pneumococcal (how to spell). I didn't let my boy let the new MMRV, since it is still new

enxuan,

These were the jabs my boy had received. And my girl is more or less following this schedule. Note that different clinics recommend different immunisations schedule, usually one can be late for a jab, but not earlier. You should receive a immunisation card from your PD and you just follow that. Most are compulsory except Rotavirus and Hep A. Like Waiwai mentioned, now there is a new vaccine combining MMR and chicken pox. I also let my girl took the H1N1 cos we travelled to China a few months back, so need to bring her for the 2nd jab.

At birth - B.C.G. (Tuberculosis)
2 months - 6-in-1 (HEXA) = DTaP (Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis) + IPV (inactivated Polio Virus) + HIB (Haemophilus Influenzae type B) + HBV (Hepatitis B)
2 months - Rotavirus (not jab, administered through mouth)
3 months - PREVENAR (pneumococcal)
4 months - 6-in-1; Rotavirus
5 months - PREVENAR
6 months - 6-in-1
9 months - PREVENAR
12 months - Hepatitis A
14 months - Chickenpox vaccine
15 months - MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
16 months- PREVENAR
18 months - DTaP; POLIO (1st booster), HiB (booster)
19 months - Hepatitis A

You can refer to my blog for the details of these jabs. http://babyhaore.blogspot.com/2009/01/jab-jab-and-jab-about-immunisation.html

enxuan,

i remember we bring our babies to the same PD. do u know what happened to that pd ah? how come the clinic closed down? now i got to find another PD! how abt u? where do u bring your girl to now?

<font color="0000ff">cookiezz</font> oh dear...poor Jacob, but he's a strong boy, still active and crawling around!...how come the thermos is leaking!! Get well soon, Jacob.

<font color="0000ff">sept baby bash</font> huh, must take leave?
sad.gif
sad.gif
then i can't go liaoz coz my leave is very precious as I need to take them *touch wood* when Kate's ill and/or not allowed at infant care.
sad.gif

Paige> no la... Not confirmed weekday...
See majority...weekday also no response...

So... If 25th Sept, who can???

Itsy says free coffee till 10am... Heee...
So she was suggesting 9.30am...

Everyone ok with the timin??
It's a BIG challenge for me but I'll try if everyone okie with timing...

Else, alternative timing this sat???

Haha okok we'll meet later then. Just that afternoon clashes with nap time so I tot can go earlier. Anytime is fine
happy.gif

Just to share a conversation with my fren over email like 5min ago...
Her son was hospitalized and just discharged... So I asked how is he n what caused his fever...

She replied...

"They simply say infection. But i suspect is from fidgets at turf city
> >
> > Co! z my boy in a 2 bed ward n the 2nd nite this lady came in wif her son and she oso brought him to fidgets on the same week tat i brought my son
> >
> > But she more cham she got 5 kids n out of 5 kids 3 kids down wif the fever!
> >
> > She jst discharge the daughter in the morning n at nite the son admit! "

Then I told her we intended to go there this weekend... And she replied....

"Actually my fren suppose to have his daughter bday bash there on sun but end up after my experience he cancelled it and had it at the condo clubhouse instead

I rather dun take the chance for me la. After tis scare i enuf oredi.

You go at your discretion ba. Coz i realise hor i really dun think they sanitise the place as its too huge n too many kids oredi.

And cannot b so coincident that my boy and the other lady kids get it around the same time for no reason. "

Mmmmmmmmmmmm....... Now..... I'm wary.......
How ah???

Any condo function room available?? Else we'll really have to go elsewhere or cancel the whole bash??

<font color="0000ff">rach</font>
Oh my....Fidget sounds rather "dangerous"....maybe those two parents should inform fidgets so they can do a massive cleanout and disinfect the whole place...then we go as soon as they disinfect :p haha...

Then forget a play area lah, make all the babies sit in high chair while the mummies eat/chat...babies can eat their stuff as well...just a get-together somewhere cozy.

Ya, I agree with Itsy, afternoon they get too cranky...maybe later in morning/brunch? say around 10:30am?
Maybe we should get a list and see where most of the mummies who wants to join the gathering lives...then easier to pinpoint a location most convenient for majority?

Sept bash

Shall we do it in a restaurant? Meet for breakfast? Since we can't get any function room

Sengkang Compass point??? Swensens breakfast???

rach, kam, waiwai, kiki, itsy, paige

thanks so much! jacob's pretty ok now.. (haha not pretty at all!) went to gp to remove dressing n he said no need bandage liao. but the wound looks really raw. fil very heart pain when he saw. sigh really dunno why the thermos leaked! its the one to keep soup warm but the small one

i think babies are amazing... even though u may scold or beat them or made mistakes which hurt them, they can forgive and forget so easily and love you like you meant the world to them (of cos u are!) the very next sec... if only adults can learn like them!

wai wai
That is a very nice picture! With all Hao Hao's simley faces. Good job! I also wanted to do something like that.. but lazy me :p

cookiezz
<font color="0000ff">"i think babies are amazing... even though u may scold or beat them or made mistakes which hurt them, they can forgive and forget so easily and love you like you meant the world to them (of cos u are!) the very next sec... if only adults can learn like them!" </font>

I totally agree with you on this! My mum is the main caregiver to my son. And the way my son sayang my mum have made me realised that I have never sayang my mum like that before. Maybe we are adults, although I love my mum in my heart but I can never express that like hugging my mum, telling her how much I Love her. I just feel so paiseh.. But my son can just do it without any hesitant.

<font color="0000ff">waiwai, Kam, Itsy, girly</font> Seen your month 1- month 12 photos and was soo inspired, i wanted to do one for KAte but still procrastinating till today! argh!!
Better get cracking soon or she'll be 2 just with a bat of an eyelid!

<font color="0000ff">itsy</font> ooooo, tanglin tree looks nice
happy.gif
so what's the decision?

<font color="119911">Sept bash</font>
Tanglin Tree seems the most accessible one. The playground is quite small and more suited for bigger kids. Good point is they have lots of baby chairs for us.

<font color="ff6000">maelyn</font>

haha yah! i will be so paiseh to hug my mum. at the most i only hold her hand or put my arm ard her when we walk.

<font color="ff6000">bash</font>

i wun be able to make it cos tt's jacob's celebration
happy.gif

Sept baby bash
im keen but aft the hfmd episode im quite paranoid to bring joseph to indoor playarea or anywhere where Many kids gather. U never know what germs n virus they contains. Actually nice if we can do at somebody house or function room but i know la more plannings involved!

Cookiez
that sounds so ouch! Hope he isnt traumatisd by it. I think mommy more trauma than him hor? Haha...

Someone wAs mentioning abt Low fat milk. By right babies n even toddlers shld nt be given Low fat milk cos they still need all the fats for their development. In fact even my 6 yr old is still drinking full cream milk.

<font color="0000ff"><font size="+1">Sept Bash</font></font>
ohhh... if dun mind house, can use mine..
happy.gif

I was thinking about Function Room all the time...
But are we going to do decoration or anything??
happy.gif

MMmmm... but nothing much to play at my house la.. some of them play until sian liaoz....
heehhehe.. :p

But i really dun mind..
happy.gif

We can do potluck or even cater buffet.. easier..
happy.gif

Since we wont have ALOT of people... I've about 80guests at my place before..
happy.gif

So anything less than that i think we wont be suffocated..
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+2">Sept bash</font></font>

Date: 25 Sept aka this sat
Time: Can I propose 11am?
Venue: rach's place?

Potluck lunch / brunch ok? So no need to bother anyone to collect $ and get caterer.

Who attending?
1. rach &amp; rayanne
2. waiwai &amp; peipei &amp; haohao
3. itsy &amp; Ian

paiseh, can't remember who else... pls update yourself

halo sept mummies, its me again... wow sept bb bash this sat. i would like to bring bb naven n my family along.

rach>> where exactly is your home? i can contribute fried mee hoon or fried rice cos my helper is good in it;)

fidget>> we were there during the national day. i feel its not really suitable for bbies/toddler, cater more for my elder boy age 4 onwards n my oldest boy 9. re: cleanliness, honestly every playarea is really beyond control unless all participants play their role;-)

waiwai>> kudo to u for the making of your bb picture growth. I've 3 boys but nvr put effort into doing it;-(

drooling>>bb naven drool profusely too. its normal cos they still not very capable of swallowing their saliva n teething worsen the process.

<font size="+1"><font color="0000ff">Sept Baby Bash</font></font>
I've bought and will prepare chicken &amp; fish burgers, nuggets, fries, &amp; drinks...
happy.gif

So how many people coming??
happy.gif

Potluck lunch / brunch ok? So no need to bother anyone to collect $ and get caterer.

Who attending?
1. rach &amp; rayanne
3. itsy &amp; Ian &amp; HB??
4. Paige &amp; Kate Lynn &amp; HB??
5. Jamie &amp; family ( how many??)

I'll SMS some of the mummies as well since they may not check the thread...
happy.gif

Help!FTWM who have more than 1 kid, not staying with in laws and don't have a maid, can u share with me how you cope on wkdays and wkends?

<font color="ff6000">mamato6js</font>

yesh! mama was more tramatised!

<font color="ff6000">bbq</font>

wad happened to ur maid and mum?

bbq98:

my #1 currently is staying with my parents-in-law on weekdays, while my mum comes to my house to look after #2. End of this year my #1 will go to childcare.

weekend my hubby and I divide and conquer, each person settle one kid each. still can manage lah

<font color="ff6000">waiwai</font>

wah! haha ur kids split between in laws and ur mum? hmm hubs and i had this discussion recently n i dun think i can bear putting baby with my mum for weekdays...

Sept Baby Bash
I've bought and will prepare chicken &amp; fish burgers, nuggets, fries, &amp; drinks...

So how many people coming??

Who attending?
1. rach &amp; rayanne
3. itsy &amp; Ian &amp; HB??
4. Paige &amp; Kate Lynn &amp; HB??
5. Jamie &amp; family ( how many??)
6. myfavchoco, hubby and kriden

I'll SMS some of the mummies as well since they may not check the thread...

Wai wai, if no in laws or parents to help, you think can manage? Who does the housework? Or rather when u do it?

Someone help me update:

Paige &amp; Kate -birthday cake
Stephanie &amp; Jordan &amp; HB &amp; 1kid
Kiki &amp; Kimberly
Gina &amp; Angelyn - dessert
Pei pei &amp; boy

BBQ, it's very very tough. Now even though I have a helper, due to some issues, my mum no longer come look after baby Jordan. So I'm working from home now and looking after him.
Very tiring.

I would suggest that u get part time helper to do the housework. Weekends, We normally go out without our helper one. Else when we are home, kids get to play toys or watch TV. Or at times we go to the park for picnic.
happy.gif

oh yah <font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">don't go fidgets</font></font>- my colleague's baby girl is 2 months younger than our kids but got hfmd when she was about 7months (about 2 months ago ).

I asked her how she got it since baby of that age can't go publc playground to play and she said she brought her to fidgets
sad.gif
so 99% confirm is got from there one. I did ask her to call fidgets to let then know but not sure if she did or not.
sad.gif

Back