(2009/07) July 2009 MTBs

coolkero
diff ppl react diff to the food that trigger eczema
basically i know fruits w 'sap' might cause itch like mango(my encounter is sourish mango ).. nuts too... meat like mutton, seafood,
best to do allergy test aka skin prick test which is painless.. will more or less show wat u need to avoid

long hours in aircon will worsen the eczema too

Twinkle,
Think I'll attend for their Jan's preview talk, tomolo gonna go out with ILs...

Sheryl,
My residential in Sembawang, pretty near ur place at woodlands...

ChiyoJade,
I used to travel daily from Sembawang to Changi for work, kinda used to the travelling le... but I dun see Gen daily maybe once every 2 days...
happy.gif

kitty,
Wow.... Lucius is so tall, next time sure no problem finding gf... keke... He already hit beyond 7kg, sure on acceptable range... hope mine will surprise me by gaining to acceptable range also...

Joanne: you're a sembawang girl too? Same like me, we're a bit further from the MRT, Montreal. How about you? From Sembawang to Changi on a daily basis is no joke, I take my hat off to you man.

joanne,
Wow! I dont' think I can be like you can not see my son every day. I admit I love to go to work and let husband take over (and it helps that I love my job) but it's also nice to see bb after that.

kitty, my son is going to be 5 mths on 6 Dec and is not even 7kg. At the PD, his weight is 6.5 and at the hospital, his weight is 6.3kg! Dunno which one correct!
If it makes you feel better, I know a tween who had very very bad eczema when she was young and now that she is a tween, it has disappeared and she is a very very pretty girl. The kind that will break many many hearts! She also dosnt' take any dairy products - up till now.

Ya jes, being a mother really not easy! Although we very much wan to give our child the best like our bm, we also dun wan to pass them the negative stuff. I guess i will try to avoid food that has the possibility of developing phlegm and take in more other nutritious food. But i think i can't drink those milk for lactating mothers liao cox of the ingredients
sad.gif

HBB, i really hope it's jus infant eczema. Ya, the doc was telling me the diff factors that could trigger the outbreak. So he ask me not to bathe lucius with J&J top-to-toe, gave me a physiogel hypoallergenic cleanser to bathe him instead.

Coolkero, pd never say wat food to avoid...only gave him hydrocortisone to apply on the affected area.

Joanne, when's gen's next checkup? Hope she will fall into the acceptable range soon too. Sometimes it's really sickening to see them drink yet fats jus dun grow on them haiz...

kitty
i stop the mactating milk for mummy since edna 2mth old cos it seem to giv her alot of wind!!!!

ya try usign the physiogel wash.. its good... that is 1 of the reason whyy i did not wan to use J&J top to toe right fr the start... ppl say i kia see... but i was jus playin safe.. i cant imagine if i had use that right fr the start.. mynitemare will b worse!

now i tryin to use the CB baby wash which FOZ kindly gave me to try on edna n see if it works on her anot.

HBB, my tomi lately has bad eczema on his hands and legs, very rough red patch. in air con room still ok, but outside look very obvious. i dunno if it's food related but i've been eating lotsa nuts lately (peanut butter and also almonds wif yogurt. ooo shopping...i saw this very cute rompers but cant remember which website i saw, sigh...i think some of the ones i saw are nissen brand. is yakuta a brand? got website?? i saw one wif bruce lee rompers, soooo damn cute but sold out, hahahaha cant imagine tomi wearing it.

3337904.jpg

kittyng, my pd gave me the physiogel cream, i think the same one as wat edna using, wah so ex ahh one small tube about $50

<font color="blue">hi mummies,
sorry to intrude.. i am organising preorder for Kate Spade Classic Noel Collection..and some other models..pls pm me if u are interested.. thanks.. </font>

coolkero
oh so u nt sayin u wn jap cpstume har? hehe

ya e nuts mit b e culprit....
ehhh physiogel cos 20+ at guardian onli!
buy e AI cream instead of normall one

coolkero,
maybe can try taobao but I don't know how to shop taobao, the chinese terms and conditions is just too confusing for me to digest. Saw under the children's "Xi Zhuang"/suits ard RMB100, some quite cool got suit jacket some more.

re : LNT

the review talk actually was just like normal walk in to ask more about the course over the counter. chey!

min 2, max 4 babies to start a class. was told currently there is no 2009 baby registered under tpy branch. guess i'm too KS. :p

will be taught english, chinese &amp; japanese. for babies basically focus more on their motor ability skills.

weekend class charge at $600. with ocbc credit card 10% discount. safra card member waiver of $50 admin fee.

Hardly 10min i left the place to Shichida. Definately more posh cos the price indeed very attractive. Nearly faint when the staff showed me the price list.

Annual Fee $50, Term Fees $745/780, Parent Edu Course $170/290 &amp; Deposit $300. All before gst except for deposit.

Kitty,
yea... we jus haf to gif up tings for the better of our child.. n like wad hbb said e other time, its all worthwhile!..=)

Coolkero,
i bought mine at abt 20 plus oso.. at guardian!.. yr doc 'kok' u.. =P

HBB, jess, thanks thanks will go guardian check it out, wah i thought this cream only prescribed from doc. feeling the pinch now.....hbb, yah wat i meant is japanese or korean brand rompers. this is wat i want but no more (bruce lee romper)...if anyone saw, please let me know ok, hehehe. sam, thanks for the link, will check it out...
3338378.jpg

hbb/twinkle...arh, should not hav started using J&amp;J in the first place. Din know my boy will react to it
sad.gif

coolkero, my pd gave me the physiogel Al cream at $35...seems like i'm also "kok tok"....next time buy fr guardian liao.

kitty dn tink bout wt u sldnt hv done initially.rectify e prob nw better hehe....hope lucius eczema go away soon.edna one clearing bt e moment nvr moisturise it come bk.i apply for her aft feed so about 3-4 times a day

HBB
my GP also sae that darius haf eczema. but we think otherwise bcos it's never so serious and furthermore nobody in our family hor the fathers' family haf it (was told it was genetic)
until this few daes bcome veri serious. the skin veri rough and peelling off. even the scalp also. the body haf no prob, jus veri minor rashes-like stuff which is not obvious. my fren sae that is eczema bcos he said that it will lead to dry skin hence the peeling on the scalp and face. sigh.
worst is that im the kind who eat everiting and aniting. so haf no idea wad trigger his eczema. hw to go for the allergy test? can PD do or haf to be done in hospital? bcos when ppl call polyclinic, we always tell them onli available in the hospital.
but have yet to see my PD to confirm whether is realli eczema or not also since his jab is on the 18th. but nw his 2 cheeks are veri red, 1 big patch, rough and peeling

Re: Babies classes
Agree with Sheryl GUG's actually quite good. My 2 kids bn there since toddlers and now my elder one going to K2 nx yr. Both love going to school and learning a lot. I know one mother who took her son out of GUG last yr to join Chiltern but this yr decided to transfer him back! When we compare the programmes, we find the kids hv more exposure and learn more at GUG. Their reading and phonics programme v gd and they even have social studies, history, science, current affairs etc which other preschools dont offer. It's expensive but I think worth it becos so far we like the school and can see good results
happy.gif

pprincess
the test cn b done a kinder clinic at paragon.nt cheap thou.

ya eczema is cause by dry skin.so even if family npo history u mmit still get it if u dr out ur skin too much....

i cant slp in a/c rm last time cos e eczema spot itch like mad end up cant slp!

<font color="ff0000">Mommies who went for Staccato! yesterday</font>
You are most welcome, I hope your little ones had fun. I wish we had remember to bring a camera...we didn't even take any group pictures! It was really nice to put a face to the name, bestberries. You deal with 2 kids really well, one already leaves me panting, I doubt I can handle 2. Good job!

<font color="ff0000">Mommies going for Staccato! this Saturday</font>
Please note the place is NOT easy to find, Timothy didn't turn up coz mommy sprained her ankle but Kaelem didn't turn up coz his mommy just could not find the way. HBB went twice and still had difficulties, I was also lost but called Stacatto!'s founder for directions. You guys should travel towards Turf City direction but before you reach Turf City, you should see a guard house with a <font color="ff0000">red</font> roof, and a huge balloon with the words "Picottin". Next to the guardhouse is a large pink billboard stated "Staccato!". This is where you should enter. You can park your car free along the side of the road, you should see many cars doing likewise. Walk inside and you will see many "houses", all different colors, look for a pink color "house", that would be Staccato! Good luck! The founder of Staccato! holds a bachelor in early childhood and has a PHD in music, my #1 had a lot of fun in her unaccompanied trial class, she learnt all about Bach that day, while Edna, Tze Yu, Tze See, Levonne and Austen learnt about Tchaichosky. They also taught notes and expose the kids to various instruments...if only it ain't so darn far!

<font color="ff0000">Kitty</font>
Sorry to know that Lucius has eczema...it's just on his wrist area? Probably infant eczema...don't fret!

<font color="ff0000">coolkero</font>
Oh those clothes you post are so adorable! We have a wedding to attend where #1 is flower girl, it would be cool if austen can wear the suit one to go along. That would be so cute.

<font color="ff0000">Twinkle</font>
Before LNT PP opened, we go to the one along Beach Road which I also find lou kok, but the one in PP, being new, is pretty ok. BUT still not as posh as Shichida in Anson Rd. I have not been to the TPY one. The biggest difference is that in LNT they have a little booklet which you can write down after each class what home activities you can do with your kid to reinforce her knowledge/skills, while shichida does not have this. LNT also do not have the parent edu course. What else would you like to know abt LNT? Actually, if you can spare the time/money, do one term in shichida and one term in LNT and then compare lor...nothng beats experiencing it yourself.

HBB, so far i only apply on him once last night when he slept...cox it's at his wrists and he always suck his hands and love rubbing on his face, so i dare not apply in the day. Hav seen the redness has gone now
happy.gif

hbb/jes/foz, thank you for allyour concern!

pprincess, poor darius. U wanna bring him to see his PD earlier and get some med? My mum scolded me for not bringing my boy to see pd earlier despite her urging me to do so when the peeling/redness appeared. Hope your boy gets better soon.

FOZ, thanks for the precious directions! I hav seen hbb's photos....the trial seemed so fun!

hbb, what do you use now to bath/shower? I cannot use even dove, or other shower gel. Got to use Eucerin shower oil. Last time I used Loccitaine almond shower gel, very heavenly but the price is killing, that's y now downgrade to eucerin. It seems that Naomi has sensitive skin. Nigel has astma. My Dad told me that it runs in the family, so, got to choose: astma or eczema. tsk tsk

Btw, Naomi has the first diaper rash. i think it happened when I leave her alone with my helper the other day. Tried desitin. wondering whether i should put thinly or thickly? My hb said I put it like ppl put kaya on toast (so damn thick) heee

FOZ
thr is some pic in fb which my gf's dh took. not v clear thou =)

the place to stacatto .. if u can find the 'house' can ask the guy at the guardhse he will bring u thr. pls go earlier ok! i reach thr 1 hour earlier to hunt for the place else its v stressful if bb cry or get hungry.
Gina knows im almost always the 1st one to reach everywhere hahaaa

kitty ya edna also on the arms n wrist.. . hope lucius get well soon hehe

etirto
NO DOVE! its horrible! it sucks! it dries the skin n make my skin terribly itchy!
i use to use this 'oil' fr NIKS professional.. smells great but terribly ex too.. now i use QV wash.. cheaper thou hehe... and not too bad but most of the time i usue bodyshop strawberry scrub instead.. scrub it might be but it doesnt dry my skin.. i got 15 tubes in my cabinet stocked up!

btw.. asthma n eczema comes in a package!

QV wash can be for face and body? where do you buy? how about cetaphil? Eucerin shower oil is only sold in NUH here, otherwise got to order from drugstore.com. $15 per bottle.

THose who are using baby sebamed, I saw it at Swanson in chinatown. Most of the stuff there are cheaper than usual retail price. Clarins 30%, Kose, Kerastase, Phyto, etc.

ETirto
ya can use for face but i hav my own facial wash thou... i buy at those toiletries shop ir pahrmacy
like u say chinatown offer better price!
i used cetaphil before.. din find it 'clean' enuff fo rmi hahaaaaa but its recommended too

i saw eucerin at pharmacy also leh

etirto

u can get QV wash at Guardian/Unity/Watson. I also use QV Wash for myself. I used Cetaphil before. Also good. Yes, it can be used for both face and body. However, i use Avene non-rinse for face since it's meant for sensitive skin.

joanne,
Husband went to check out prices of Huggies for me, BUT all he could tell me was Huggies Medium pack was $15.50 and another one was $15.95. Could not tell me what/how many and which type - Ultra, Dry/ Dry comfort, etc...so I will go there myself and let you know if they have the jumbo size for the ultra. Can't trust a man to do a woman's job (!!) ;-P

BTW, I saw the picture of the trial class at Staccato!! So cute and I wanted to tell you all that I met the owner (the teacher, can't rem her name (Tall slim, long hair, her boy's picture is on the website) on Saturday afternoon at a friend's place!!! She told me that they satrt classes from 6 mths onwards, so how did your babies mange to go for a class? Is it because you organised one for yourselves?

I just realised the lady I met is the owner of the school! LOL!

I also met some other people at the party adn one of them registered for the Shichida when she was 8 months pregnant and they only called her when her daughter was 1 year old! Anyway, she mentioned that they gave her homework (when she was 1 year old!!!) to join the dots, or something like that, she can't remember; her girl is already 2+. So but I'm thinking... Homework for a 1 year old!?! Hm...

stacato - yep it was indeed fun, and gives me some ideas on what to play with bbies next time. the school uses dalcroze method which is v intersting. guess its not just learning for bbies but for mummies too

foz - aww shucks. you're too kind. i'm always flabbergasted when i attend these things. i think this is the 3rd gathering i'm attending and 3rd time flabbergasted. i'm not the flabby gasty kind, trust me. i envy u and hbb - your bbies look so calm n collected. i got a nice pic of austen n edna which i'll post up on fb or email to you guys. by next wk, hopefully. btw, is your friend pei ming ? i konw her from JC.

way to stacato - i had to take a cab on sat and the cab driver, bless his heart, knew the way and sheltered me and bbies all the way from car park to the school. for mums gg this sat, you take the eng neo exit, you'll see signs to turf city. it is NOT turf city, it is HORSE city. cracks me up. whats the diff. anyway, look out also for stacatto's signboard which is a little girl learning ballet. its not easy to spot. have fun !

chiyojade
tt y i say giv n take 2 weeks or so la lol
some bb born earlier hee

bestberries
thanx
i will wait for ur email!
btw
my trick for a calm bb is make sure she is fed n nap before every event hee,,, i work on her 1st feed timing...

chiyojade
im always around bishan.. pls tell me the address for the ang moh tat u were talkin abt for the cheaper diapers.. im using mamy poko L size.. do u knw how much?? i always get the jumbo size which is 56 pcs..

classes
anyone interested in goin to the Little Gym at marina sq? They have 1 more outlet in forum.. any mummies whose kids been b4 pls let me knw ur feedback as im keen to let gareth have a trial there soon.. thx thx

Yan,
Oh dear, OK, I dont know ho to explain it.It's on the Bishan side that is near the Salvation Army, St 22/24. There is a 24h Kopitiam there. There are 3 coffee shops, all less than 2 mins walk from one another, so this one is the one that has a long queue for the chicken wings. You might know which one i'm talking about if you are around Bishan a lot.
The shop is called Ang Moh and it is CLOSED on Tuesdays. It's at a corner. On the street directory, I think it's Blk 279, at the part next to the Blk 286. I can check out the price of Mamy Poko for you, if you want, when I check out the Huggies. The prices for a lot of things are usually cheaper. I live near there, so if you want to meet up (and if I'm not working at that time), gimme a shout. :)

Let me go check out Little Gym and let you know...

chiyojade
okok we can meet up.. mon-fri im at my aunt plc wif my boy at st 13 blk 155.. i knw where salvation army is but gotta go recki abit coz i not familiar oso.. im quite interested in this little gym coz for now i wan to let him engage in some physical activities.. i hardly find things cheap in bishan, in fact alot of things r more expensive in bishan so im surprise to see tis.. gv me a txt if u wanna go tis few days at my mobile 9848 6160

hbb
thanks ya.. i try go find.. hahahaha.. advanture liaos.. diapers getting ex for me as L size lesser pcs oredi.. like throwing money la..

Jillian,
I'm staying v near the MRT, jus 2 mins walk away... But will be shifting out from Changi to Seng Kang in 2 years time... I used to drive out to work at 5.30am, the road is very empty, so I jus drove above 120km/h, only 20mins to reach Changi... thats y i could manage then... realise that after preggy, my driving skill getting quite jialat... Dun really dare to drive as fast as in the past... so getting from work to woodlands seems like a tedious task to me now...

Kitty,
Gen's next check-up in early Jan...
I have atopic eczema since birth and most of my cousins in my dad's family also have the same skin condition... But my mum's side no hereditary problem with eczema... I hope that Gen won't inherit my eczema's trait and follow his daddy's genes instead... v often, atopic eczema is hereditary jus like in my family... I'm allergic to dust particles while the rest due mainly to the humid weather... since u &amp; hubby dun have eczema, hopefully its not atopic eczema and jus a passing phase that will go away by itself soon...

ChiyoJade,
I think that's the Huggies Ultra 40pieces price... Not to worry, I always blur blur at times also... Usually the alert and attentive one is my hubby, he always remind me things and etc...

I'm the typical "hubby" characteristic in my family... only know how to laze ard while hubby do all the housework and caring for the bb... not forgetting buying/cooking supper for me when i'm hungry... after reading so much in the forum, i started to appreciate wat my hubby did... and so pai seh that I didn't do my "job" as a wife/mother at all... haiz...

Back