(2009/07) July 2009 MTBs

ETirto, hbb
there's this yoga studio at raffles city that does hot yoga. think they also do offer free sessions for trial.

I'm ok with Monday meetup.

talking bout cream
i order too many desitin diaper cream
any1 keen to take over?
4oz tube i letting go at $8
exp may 2010

i got 4 tube to let go =)

bbethan
any idea which studio is tat?
mayb deposit my girl at my sis's and i go try out hehe
anyway it ink hip area hard too slim bk rite? mypants all cant wear also sigh
tummy still thr... tsk

ok here goes

Gathering on 31st Aug Monday
time: 1.30pm
venue: vivo city (marche)

1. HBB
2. Etirto
3. bbethan

Pls pm mi or drop mi a mail @ [email protected] ur contact number in case of any changes

bbethan n etirto i got ur number liao =)

RE: taka fair, I am going, target to leave home by 1030hrs.

RE: VIVO gathering
I hv 2 confirm later, prob go w/o Kaelem too, MIL is here, sure want to take over which is ok wz me.. HBB, I sms u.

Think Kaelem kena sleep spell, not much activities today.. only read poem at 9+am..

same here... i also cannot fit into my bottoms. now very worried i got no clothes to wear to work. 2 wks left only, no chance to make difference. Worse come to worse, wear back my maternity skirt back to work. I keep consoling myself i took 9mths to gain all the weight, cannot expect everything to go off in 2mths... haha.... self denial.

bbethan, I think the one that called me just now it's different lei....he said it's at pacific plaza, scotts, so I guess it's under true yoga. I heard so many negative stories about them tough. Anyway, since it's free pass for 2 wks I will just give it a try and die die won't sign up for membership since I'm already a member at pure yoga ( above taka). I put the membership under suspension now since I'm still recuperating from the c-sect. I prefer orchard area...heee..can jalan jalan after exercise. After exercise your body, can exercise your wallet also...hee

HBB,
haha.. luckily Javier doesnt pull his hair.. he jus likes to attack his own face n eyes..hahaha..

oh yes!
Count me in for the meetup!..=D tink i most prob have to bring my screaming boy along.. unless my mum wanna look aft..which my hubbie wldnt agree..=P

BB Fair: are all of u going on 27th itself?.. can go tog?... =D if im going i think i oso will bring my 'screamer' along..hahaha..

ETirto
i wana join ur M&S sale! wait for me. hehe.

re:gathering
i would join the gathering on mon. ^^ most prob w/o my bb. hubby doesnt allow me to bring him out yet.

re: taka bb fair
aiya cant join u all, too early. will b going with hubby after he knocks off.

car seats
anyone has good recommendation on brands/models for car seats. confinement finishing, should be going out often with bb alone. need a car seat soon i guess.

those who r joining
pls copy n paste the below and post yea...

1. HBB
2. Etirto
3. bbethan
4. jeslyn
5. bell

gina
yes mine is creamy ... ok i chop 2 tube for u then...
left 2 tubes.. anybody?

bbethan i dun tink the red dates tea is for milkflow leh..

Hi All,

My bb is now abt 7wks old... but currently he's only drinking abt 60 to 90ml every 2 or 3 hrly. Is that normal? His weight is currently abt 4.2kg.

Wow, i really salute those mummies out there who bring their bbs out... cos I dun dare to bring my bb out cos he's so cranky...

HBB,
I'll get the other 2 tubes from you. Pay you during the gathering , thanks.

1. HBB
2. Etirto
3. bbethan
4. jeslyn
5. bell
6. Sam

gina - i stay east coast, not tt far but every whr is far w bbies n i dont drive

yay i went for checkup today. doc says the bleeding is something like menses, cos tho bf, there will be some breakthrough menses cos bf not 100 per cent stop period

re: green poo

my boy haf been on total breastfeeding and previously his stool are yellowish. nw it bcome veri green. i did a search and dey sae that it is usually due to more foremilk taken then hindmilk.
in the past when i pump the milk, the starting would b a bit milky but more whiteish but at the end of the pumping session it would bcome milky colour due to the hindmilk out liao. nowadaes even after i empty my breast, it looks more whiteish then milky.
does anibodi know wad is the problem that i haf so much foremilk? i tink my boy is not gettin enuff hindmilk and i haf too much foremilk. realli duno wad to do.

HBB, thanks for replying. Just wondering do you all bring along your bbs for the gathering... ? Feel like joining you all... but feel guilty if I leave my bb at home with my MIL.

bestberries
seems liek most of us cant make it on weekends since foz is working.. so prob not.. unless thr is enuff number of ppl who want to have it on weekends?

sam
sure i pass u when i see u nxt week =)

oh yeah
i do bring mybb everywhr i go unless other wise like massage n etc..
join us if u like =)
u can choose to bring bb along so u wun feel guilty hehe

anyone want desitin cream?? expiring jan 10. i bought too many tubes le... selling $8 inclusive postage. pm me in case i miss it.

HBB,
when nid to cnf on the outing? are u gals bringing ur bb too?? time v limited leh s need rush hm to express milk leh.

jasmine
anytime also can confirm lar since we all got bb i know hard to confirm also
how bout bring ur pump along n pump at the nursing room thr?

RE: VIVO meet
I will try to ask MIL to tag along (oh dear! suddenly I feel like she is a D/help..) *bad*

BEll, my cousin in USA told us she did a search the safest is Britax, but I do not know what model. I intend to get Britax when Kaelem grow out of his infant car seat. I may check out the Taka sale this Thu.

RE: Taka Sale
I am definitely there with my gf, can sms me if your are there.. Most likely gonna carry him in the BB Bjorn and leave car seat/stroller in the car, easier to move around.

RE: BB's appetite
My God, my boy's appetite (like some BBS here) is definitely BIG, only 6wks already 110-120ml.. Think hubby better work hard to make more nai-fen-qian..

would love to join you guys for the gathering but timing is bad cos its during my #1 nap time so will have to give it a miss. I don't have help so if I go both kids have to come with me. Only problem is if #1 misses her nap she is a real nightmare so shall just look forward to seeing the pictures from the gathering.

Mums who are going for the baby fair, could you share if its worth going? I've got my outlaws visiting at the moment so I'm stuck at home and can't go. But if there are good deals I might try to make a short trip down. Thanks in advance!

Jules: How's everything? Is your baby's reflux better?

HBB: Edna waking up earlier now? 7am? That's Max's usual time but these few days he's been waking up around 8.30am. Unfortunately his sister has been waking up earlier so there is no chance for me to have a lie in.

pprincess,
my gal also on total breastfeeding and for the pass 1 week she has been passing green stool. But I notice something weird, my gal's poo poo was yellow when she pass out, then after awhile the colour turn to greenish. How bout urs?

I call the PD clinic and the nurse told me green or yellow stool are normal for breastfeed babies. She said dont need to bring her down to the clinic. But I'm still worried le.

AppleHo3, the change of color may be due to oxidization? Dunno if there is such a thing.. my boy also had green stools few day back, I was told it's dehydration by a KL gf, but the mom here says it's normal. But the "dehydration" made me worried so I gave him more EBM and now it;s back to mix of "tau-suan" and little green color.

apple
i didnt realli check the colour of the stool whether it change bcos whenever i open the diaper, it haf been there for sometimes.
so funni will change colour huh. i read the info they sae that green stool means bb not gettin enuff fats from our hindmilk which is not a veri gd sign if bb is not gaining weight. so i also duno hw serious it realli is.
tinkin of seein doc, but scare later doc find tat i veri stupid small small ting also bring him go >.<

bbethan,
haha..ya, i think we will have a grp of screaming babies n fretting mummies this time round..haha

Jasmine,
i oso gotta xpress milk.. but i wont b bringing pump out.. most prob i'll pump b4 i go out.. den wen i come hm den pump again.. tried bringin pump out to xpress last time n its real difficult man..=\

Hbb,
where do u get the desitin cream ar?.. cos ive been using the 'dropelene'*dono hw to spell* the pink one..den i was told tat desitin is better.. so i tot wanna try out..

jasmine
ya sometimes i carry my girl in my bb carrier in front.. pup at my back and side w diaper bag and i take bus cum mrt out =p
ppl stare at mi like alien haaa

jillian
yes she wakes up ard 7 ish now! OMG.. but tis 2 days she can play herself.. tok to herself till she fed up then i go tend to her... today she play till 8.20 LOL...

gina
thanz for coordinating the class..
u can pass mi the money on that day lar no prob =)

jes
the desitin can buy from watson. but not cheap.. if im not wrong a small tube cost $13 bucks or so.
mine was fr amazon =)
i gg to conduct a spree on amazon so if u girls wan can join in.. buying milk bags n desitin cream n etc =)

Hi Mommies
Is it normal for BCG scar to have pus after 7wks? My baby's BCG scar was alright during first few weeks but suddenly these few days got pus &amp; a bit swollen. Am quite worried cos' she's been crying &amp; crying. TIA!
happy.gif

LS
its normal to hav pus aft so long. my girl one also.. initialy no sign of it aft 1 mth gt red spot then later ons well n hav pus.. when bath time.. the pus jus break n leak out n subsequently dry up liao...

HBB, I pmed u abt the cream before i read on and realised all ur 4 tubes taken liao :p can i join in ur spree? when are u gonna stop taking orders?

jillian, i'm getting so used to the puking nowadays. if he doesnt puke after a feed, i'm super surprised :p - anyway that's so rare lor. just figured that he can self regulate and will drink more in subsequent feeds to make up for the puking.

bb schedule - how come ur babies have a waking up time? my boy just wakes up at 7plus to scream for milk, after which he falls back to sleep again. he is 5 wks this thurs.. but still super sleepy - as in he only wakes for feeds, then goes back to sleep right after the feed most of the time. maybe 1-2 times a day, he will remain awake for an hr or more after milk (and usually this is cos the milk comes out thru his nose and wakes him rudely). is that the norm? i dont remember my #1 being so sleepy all the time at this age.

also, is anyone's bb smiling appropriately back when u talk to them? my boy still doing the smiling in the sleep thing and does not respond to me with smiles when i talk to him. getting a bit worried cos 90% of bb are suppsoed to be able to smile appropriately by 1 mth. my boy just turned 1 mth on sunday.

jules
ya paiseh hee.. cos cheap mah.. i tink spree will cost liek 10 bucks or so (cant rem) i let go of it cos i cannot fin using... heehee

my girl onli start smiling last week! when she is about 8 weeks old.. and she onli smile n react to us aft milk when she is fully satisfied.. if not she will giv attitude!

she gt a schedule rite fr the start i guess that y she can hav a fix time to wake up.. she slowly transit earlier n earlier mayb cos no more a new born so sleep lesser? since i send her off to bed ard 7 ish.. so makes sense she wakes up ard 7 ish haaa.. but by 9am she is cranky liao so off she go to lala land again...

Kimberly,
My baby's stool also sometimes look like a mix of tau suan with green.
I actually did some experiment on it. Once she poopoo, the color will be bright yellow, then I leave it for a while (around 5 - 10mins) the stool will turn to something like what you describe, mix of tau suan with green. If I leave it longer, then it will turn to dark olive green. Weird rite?
I dont know if my baby is dehydrated, coz I total latch on, so wont know how much she drink. Reason because she reject the bottle, so cant express out to feed her. Whenever I give her bottle, she will wail and cry and shout. So heart pain to see that.

Pprincess,
some of the mummies here also told me might be due to the foremilk/hindmilk imbalance. I try to latch her longer on each breast now. But so far, still the same.
Previously, I've bring my gal to the clinic twice for the following reasons:
1st time: she look yellow, so I was worried that her jaundice is getting serious.
2nd time: She seems to have difficulty in breathing and hear funny breathing sound.
But twice turn out to be normal and nothing serious. Then dh starts to thinks that I'm over anxious and being too paranoid. So this time when I told him I want to bring her down to the clinic, he gave me an interesting stare! So I think will only check with the PD when I bring her for the vaccination. But then need to wait for 3 weeks.

It's hard not to worry le, but thanks to this forum, at least I can share my worries here and get some advised and comments from other mummies.

HBB
Pfff...That's a relief!!! Thank u
happy.gif
Btw, i'm thinking to bring my bb to Hwa Xia also. Do u sign up package w/ them? Did Edna enjoy her session?

mummies who go to taka baby fair tmr...
I will be there around 1pm-2.30pm, anyone need takashimaya voucher, I can sell you with 10% disc, just let me know in advance so that I can prepare for you. email me at [email protected]

Kim, can you add me in fb also?

Jules,
My gal is almost 7 wo, and I still haven't got her on a schedule. I nurse on demand so it's quite difficult to hv her on a fixed schedule. Furthermore, she has a sister who loves her so much, and doesn't want her to nap!! In the end, I just let her snooze whenever she wants too ;p

pprincess

green is fine. The thing is to look for the consistency. Is it green and frothy? If so, then it's too much hind milk. But if it's green tau suan, then it's fine.

bought a big tin of Nan Ha (coz can't find any smaller) to give my gal coz she's still looking so jaundiced. But she vomitted the milk the 2 rounds i fed her, and refused it after that. So now all wasted and have to put her back to BM. sigh....

Back