(2009/07) July 2009 MTBs

HBB
Yea loh! Very sian. Yesterday when I showered, a bit of clot came out so I tot maybe residue from lochia. But today, the whole panty liner was wet by the fresh blood
sad.gif

Hi girls, good Sunday? Been a busy one for me, trying to do everything...I should really be going to bed now for I gotta be up by half 6 'morrow to pump before getting ready for work.

<font color="ff0000">Bbethan</font>
Guess I gotta be ready to be back at work. No choice, haha. Think it gonna be a long day too...3 more weeks for you - does that means you take 12 weeks ML and save 4 weeks for future consumption?

<font color="ff0000">LS</font>
Wow, your period return really quickly. I didn't have to deal with the unplesantness of menses till 6 months post delivery for #1. Was also expressing and latching. Not sure if 7 weeks post delivery is normal or not...maybe you can check with your gynae?

<font color="ff0000">Kim</font>
What a nice pix, took it at home? You don't look like expecting triplets lah, maybe just twins, hehe...btw when you said you did not express for 12 hrs, you meant you just latch on instead of expressing, right? I have not gone to church for sometime, like <font color="ff0000">Gina</font>, we kept saying we should start going again soon but we never do. I have however made inquiries for Austen's infant baptism and the pastor has given us some dates. When I finally brought #1 for her baptism, she was 2 and the oldest looking one in the baptism, a bit funny so now I wanna do for austen a tad earlier.

<font color="ff0000">bestberries</font>
I am 5 mins drive from Ocean Park! In fact we loves OP and hope to get a unit there. Where do you stay now?

<font color="ff0000">Gathering</font>
If you guys do not mind my place, we can do weekends or any PHs. Weekdays will be tough as I am working full time. However, I still have 8 weeks of ML to clear plus plenty of AL so I should be taking off ever so often, thus even weekdays (some) may be okay. My place is free parking (for those moms who drive). Anyhow, will leave it to <font color="ff0000">HBB</font> to organise...

FOZ
Envy u!!! Very lucky leh! I supposed to go for my gynae checkup yesterday &amp; for pap smear as well but I changed it to next Sat as my bb will have her 6 in 1 jab on the same day. If I din change the appt, I would hv tot that it's becos' of the pap smear
happy.gif
Hope it'll clear by next Sat. Will check w/ my gynae then
happy.gif

HBB
Thanks for the info.. How much did u pay for each session and how did your gal fare? He having reflux and also very windy in the tummy that i have to burp him in the middle of feeds everytime or he cant go on to finish his milk.

bbethan
I dont let my boy sleep in the yaolan too much as i can tell he likes it.. I normally put him on the yaolan in the day and at nite he sleeps wif me and hubby.. he totally refuse the playpen.. so my playpen is brand new!!!

LS.. now i tink i better put pad in bag stand by jus inc ase haiz...

FOZ ok i will organise and see how

yan
my girl gt A BIT of improvement it ink.. but monitoring... the massage is 20 bucks.. excludng the herbs for wrapping tummy

isuspect my girl might hav block nose.. despite thr is nothg n her nose.. jus now took mi 30 min to feed her 90 ml of milk! and she keep strugglin n throwing temper like gt breathin difficulties
end up din even fin the milk haiz

FOZ
yup... taking 12 wks first. shall see how things go for my childcare arrangement for #1. if cannot make it, then got to go 16wks at one go.

Yan
yes... try to let them sleep in cot at nite. makes things easier. I managed to let my girl sleep on our bed just now. N it's on her own that she falls asleep. i just lie down beside her n pat her buttocks. was surprised she didn't fuss and fell asleep. Can i have every night to be like this?

U can use yr playpen for his awake times. I also got a playpen as a gift. Haven't open yet.

HBB
good to know she's better. is the herbs they use smelly? so the session is a massage session?

is it becos of the teat that's causing the difficulties in drinking? i used the NUK silicon medium teat. she drink like very chuan. then i change to latex small hole. Then realise she takes very long to drink n she seems to take more effort in sucking. Now i let her use latex medium hole. Just nice.

Bestberries, FOZ: thanks for comment on my pix, that was 1 day before 40wk.. Ppl always ask if I am expecting multiples when I told them I have long way before EDD. I'v always know I was big, but I was indeed shock of myself being that BIG. Foz, ya, its my home.

Gina, FOZ: I hope you'll soon return to church again, I also pray that I remain strong to prep for church cos alot of time, it's the prep to leave home that makes me tired, only thing is, I want him to start young, futhermore, once passed 7mths, the activities in the bb ministry has lots more fun. FOZ, I am planning to have a bb's dedication a bit later.

FOZ, it's 12hrs no express and no latching (if I had known, I'd charge the lithium battery).. but somehow I dun feel as if it's very filled up like usual in the middle of the nite

Kim, nice pic! I was about the same belly size as you...hee...I was attending the church first time also with my gal. she was happily look around and hearing all the sounds around her. The only time she cried so loud because my boy was trying to kiss her cheek but he got too rough then he pressed her tummy so hard. haiz, so worried. So difficult to control my boy nowadays, makes me so stressfull when go out with both of them.

hbb, if you want to know whether your baby have block nose, put a small mirror underneath the nostril, then you can see whether got the air from the nose...u know what I mean?

beverly, hbb, how old are your babies when you gave 6in1?
my PD advise to take 6in1 when bb is 2mths (not on the second mth), then 4mths old is 5in1, and 6mths old is another 6in1. Basically 5in1 is without hepatitis, right? And hepatitis is only supposed to be given 3x only, not 4 times. (the first one is already done at birth)

bbethan, me too want to give rotarix and pneumococal as well, but don't do all in the same time la, scare the baby too young take so many vaccines.

Hi mummies,

For those of you that are on total breastfeeding, may I know what is the colour of your baby's stool?
My baby is 7 weeks old. For the past 2 days her stool change from orange yellowish to olive colour (greenish + yellowish). May I know is this normal?

Would appreaciate your advised.

AppleHo3,

My baby coming to 7weeks old. his stool sometimes yellowish. sometimes greenish + yellowish (not often). It never bother me since he didnt show any discomfort. So i guess is normal.
happy.gif

winnie_mummy,
I don't know if it is true a not, but NB-infants sleep about 14-15hours a day. But they can sleep/nap from 1/2hr-2hrs during the day. Sometimes my gal can stay awake from 12pm to almost 6pm, be very sleepy for next 6hrs, but return back to her normal cycle after 3am, not wanting to sleep longer, and then sleepy again from 6am-12pm. Not really much of a pattern, as she can be back to normal for the next few days. I think she is gradually grasping the day/night cycle, as she's sleeping longer hours at night.

I have been reading however that it's okay to keep infants awake for max ard 2hrs during the day, if show signs of tiredness, best to let them rest, as ample rest also allows growth and regeneration to take place.

hey Sam...
i got difficulties getting my ger to sleep immed. after her feed at night... sigh... den my MIL kept saying dun let the baby sleep too much in the day etc etc... (my ger slps alot in the day). So, i was kinda per cher by what my MIL says... i feel, baby wan to slp bu shi let them slp lo... aiyo... hw to keep them awake?

Max 2 hours ah? This morning my ger was awake from 9+am till 12+pm... =(

*sigh*

oh yah, i only got to noe this last week that when babies slp, growth &amp; regneration takes place... haha~

sam
she really can stay awake for so long. mine only stays awake for max 1hr.yest she slept fr 12-6pm. it's true that dun let them stay awake too long. sometimes they r already tired but dun know how to go to sleep. end up they keep themselves awake.... gets overtired n hv difficulties falling asleep.

that's why old wives tales say bb who sleep a lot put on weight more easily.

AppleHo3,
It's normal for bf bb to hv yellow to greenish stool every now and then. But do note that if it's consistently greenish, it could indicate foremilk/hindmilk imbalance or sensitivity to our diet.

ETirto, thanks, hv u gone back to pre-preg size? I was happy to send my boy to the bb ministry while I enjoy God's word cos if I bring my boy to the service, I cannot sit at mian auditorium and can b quite distracting. You hv very passionate first born. I think it's gd, no sibling rivalry.

RE: Greenish stool
I thot BF bbies shd hv yellowish watery stools n greenish stool are bad? Mom says greenish stools are whn bb had fright(s) dunno how true.

Mommies who express,
I have barley water like milk in the beginning of my pump session (dun think it was like this before), is this normal?

Noelle,
My gal usually feed for 5-10mins on each breast. I try to feed her longer at each side, but she refused. All along no greenish stool until the last 2 days. So could it still be the foremilk/hindmilk imbalance? But I'll continue to monitor her.

Twinkle,
Thanks for sharing.

Thanks mummies for the assurance. At least I'm not so worried now. Coz at first I was worried if it could be a sign of stomach upset / infection.

Massage after C-section

I saw some mummies talk about their massage experience after C-sec. Would like to share mine. I had my massage 6 weeks after c-section. My ML did massage my tummy but she try avoid the wound area. I did feel some pain when she massage my tummy, but the pain is bearable. The wrapping was not painful but very uncomfortable. Then the following day I ask her not to wrap too tight, and at least I feel much better. But guess not tight, then result will not be so effective and obvious. =(

<font color="0000ff">Hi Fellow Mums,
Just wanto ask if anybody interested to buy diaper bag.
Can slide your baby photo in the photo casing to personalize the bag. Comes also in baby pink with matching changing pad.
Email me: [email protected]
Thank you for time taken. </font>

2816606.jpg

Winnie_mummy, BbEthan,
ya loh, sometimes very nottie don't want to sleep, eyes big big,but she's okay, making baby noises by herself. I put her beside me if she is awake, sometimes talk to her, not much of entertainment to her. She likes to have "people" around her, sometimes I chitchat with my mum, and she can watch us (now that she can sort of "recognize" people by sound) and then fall asleep by herself, so leaving her alone is possible, but cannot totally by herself, cries for attention after a while. Most of the time she naps okay, otherwise just carry her a bit, she'll fall asleep while I'm doing my thing. aiyoh, that's why I bought the MIM sling, so I can get one more free hand, but she don't like the sarong feeling, grr...hehe I want her to nap in the afternoon too, so I can nap along with her, save some energy for weekday night duty.

So far she's sleeping well, letting her sleep with her back against a baby bolster, position somewhat 45 deg, against the side of the cot, much less case of being startled, and more deep sleep. Was worried that she might have problem sleeping in her cot cos she's been co-sleeping with me and my mum since discharged thru-out the confinement.

hapeveafter,

I'll still be expressing out when i return to work.. just either freeze / refrigerate in office fridge.

will keep milk pkts/ bottles in a air tight container b4 putting in fridge to prevent contamination.

Will transport with my Pigeon FTG.. i also just bought so have not really try out how long can the coolness last.

Winnie mummy,

too much iron so bb's body will expel it out.. it might be good to change milk if possible.. i dun feel good about it..

maybe can check with PD?

Sam,
My gal is nap can ignore her for 1+ hour.. but if she is awake she will want someone to sit beside her.. at her playpen..

but now i think her best frd or my best frd is her pacifier.. can pacify her a little sometimes she will doze off after sucking... dunnogood or bad but its for the adult's sanity!!!

HBB,

how you manage to look after Enda and prep meals for yourself??

I was thinking of getting tinkat dinner. Anyone with any good tinkat caterers to recommend?

Sunsweet,
no lar, she also not wonder baby, also can get cranky, and so young now got so many people to sayang her, her daddy, the grandparents and auntie, she now number one. I also use the pacifier to get some sanity back, when she is cranky and cry non-stop, I can't think properly on how to fix her problem.

BBethan
I used NUK silicon medium teat also... my boy also drink till very chuan like that, sometimes the whole teat will like deflate in his whole mouth. Do u have this problem? The medium teat is for thicker feed such as formula right? Small hole teat is for water and BM. Is silicone teat better?

Mummies who feed/supplement FM
My boy, 5 weeks old has just started FM as he has very high BM jaundice. For a 5 week old, he is drinking 120ml-130ml of FM and demanding to be fed every 2.5-3hr. Is it too much? I tot FM supposed to make babies fuller and thus less feed and longer duration of satiation? When i latch him or feed EBM, he still stay full for at least 3 hours. Why like that?

Yao Lan
Do all babies like yao lan. I set up the yaolan.. but my baby still resist, he only wants to be carried to zzz.

rexbabie
bb will have BM jaundice? my boy now 5 wks plus old on EBM plus latching..don't know if i too sensitive..on &amp; off my bb's face looks abit jaundice to me so not too sure if need to visit a PD..now abit worried..

Mashy, thanks for info.

Rexbabies, my boy same like ur bb, they r just big eater, dun worry. My boy usually last 2.5hrs, only once a long while whn he is extreme tired he went beyond 3hrs, abt 3h15mins max.

RE: Jaundice (still) @5wk
I gv my boy EBM &amp; supp wz FM, corner of his eyes still lil yellow for past few wks, today I m starting to see light bluish on the white.. Carebeary, just chk the eyes, if eye dun show u can do a "press" test. just press likely on the cheek, jaundice bb will hv yellow skin whn u release ur finger, u can tell this "yellow" is diff fr u pressing yourself. (...eh, u knw wat I mean?)

etirto
oh ya hor the mirror thgy hee now i know hee.. hope i got chance to put mirror to test thou cos she forever struggling!
my gal was 6 weeks plus when she had her 6 iin 1

bbethan
yes its consultation then massage for the baby.
the herbs is liek powder in a sachet.. then u jus put in the baby binder and wrap ard tummy
ehh i am using silicon small hole teat now leh.

sunsweet
coe my girl got a bit of routine so i know which part of the routine she sleepign anot.. so i can step by step do the cookin or etc.. usualy i do 1 pot meal lar so easier for mi

else... jus ear plug mode and let her cry...

tis few day she chg my routine a bit.. but still in the 3 hourly thgy jus shift a bit forward... sigh.. but still manageable la hee

kimberly
foremilk does look like barley water. the later part of the milk will be the whitish type already. Normal.
happy.gif
in fact the breastmilk has a bluish colour at times.

hapeverafter
i will express out and put in fridge. when going home, will transfer into the cooler bag and bring home. Mine is Medela's cooler bag. if keep the cooling agent in the freezer the whole day during office time, can keep the bottles cold. in fact, i tried leaving it in the bag and can keep the milk cold for at least half a day.

Sam
How i envy yr girl. can fall asleep on her own. Seems like i never have that kind of luck to have such baby. both my kids wants to carry to sleep type n won't fall asleep on the cot on their own. maybe next time, u all can try recording yr voices and play for her to listen. if not, on radio.

Rexbabie
i dun hv the prob. once my girl struggling wif the silicon teat. refuse to drink. when i change to latex, she accepted it. think it's softer n closer to our nipple. think the size is just a guide. i find small hole too slow for her to finish the bottle. so let her use medium. my #1 use large hole for his FM. Once bb knows how to drink more quantity, can increase the hole size.

re yaolan. both my children used yaolan. initially will resist a bit. but after a while, they get used to it. like my girl, now prefers yaolan than be carried. but she also sometimes siao siao... like just now, refused to sleep in it. wants my nipple to fall asleep. buay tahan her.

Carebeary
My boy has very high level of almost 20 upon discharged. One week review that time it was still high, he was admitted to hospital for 3 days of phototherapy. Thereafter, it still did not come down. When he was 2 weeks old, we rented the PEP home for more light therapy, still the level was 15.6. PD told me its not physiological jaundice (meaning liver function got problem) but more of breastmilk jaundice (due to our hormones). In this case, the jaundice will take a bit longer time to clear unless you stop bf for a while. Nevertheless BM jaundice is harmless, just that my baby is very red+yellow+ dark! I brot the baby to do an ultrascan and blood test for liver to get a peace of mind today. So im stopping BM and introduce FM to bring the level down now.

Dun worry im sure your baby's jaundice (if any) will fade off.

Kimberly
How much FM do u feed your baby?

BBEthan, thanks for info, but I dun see bluish milk b4, mayb not so much I hv.

Rexbabie, I make 120ml, easier cos difficult to make 110ml. But ystd he finished all.

I gave cluster feeding last night @4pm, 6pm, &amp; 8pm, then dream feed @11pm. thou he sort of w/up @3:40 jz now, I con't to feed him while he's in this half asleep state. So glad I did this cos past 2 nights hb tried to handle him, lose patience wz him, screwed up his feeding routine n we fought.

I dunno if any of your has hb like mine, they became so tunneled vision their idea of help is feed/coax/chg (ONLY)!! Whereas U knw they could'v help wz-- wash the dishes (ok, at least help 2put em n d/washer), empty the diaper bin, get water ready for bb's bath, stow the folded bb's clothe... Or for the very least stop leaving glasses arnd the hse after use or tidy the newspaper after reading..

Back