(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

Powerball: For the ride on coupe, I cant really comment. I borrowed one from City square mall previously. Val was very happy in it initially. But it lasted only 15 minutes. After that she was wants to get out of it. She rather be carried than sit in it. Whilst other children watch the coupe whisk past them in envy and wanted to sit in it.

If unsure, can bring Dexter to Figets to try it out or shopping malls like City Square Mall to test water. See if he likes it or not. City Square mall rents it out for free. Its mount onto a trolley for mummies to place their shopping on the trolley whilst the little one play in the coupe.

Very popular item in the mall. Its called the Kiddy taxi.

Eviangal,

yeah i have those..but still gotto clean up and wash stimes...coz Edgar verymessy eater..so i thot stimes can just use those disposable and throw after that...yes i will bring along detergent and sponge to wash his bowls/cutleries also...i dont need bottle brush coz he doesnt drink from bottle...
happy.gif

i will bring a long some washing detergent as well for washing his clothes...will prob bring 6-7sets of clothings as i will be going away for about 12days...

Thanks! Think parkway has the coupe mounted on trolley too. Hahaha.. i watch in envy too when i c kids in it but too lazy to do it as have stroller when i m there shopping.

Hi Mummies, thanks!

Found a few suitable sets from Aprisin... but sold out and will only arrive in May
sad.gif
Party is this sat...

Shall go check out ToyRus tonight!

N.M; Wah, you even made the decorations and all! you enjoy handicrafts? Take care yah?

Pinkypink: i like tat set you're looking at too
happy.gif

Powerball: my daughter tried at fidgets. She tot it was fun for the first 5 mins, thereafter was squirming in the seat.

kidsz; you have my Hp number?

edj, i did, but Sunay found it too sour i think. he prefers blueberries n strawberries. Plus raspberry stains like crazy, hell to wash out!

Pinkypink,

oh okay...will try and mix with other fruits then...now i am going to go and see if i can get whole wheat flour..want to make pancakes for him later,...
happy.gif

i just bought buckwheat pancake mix and did for Edgar...he seemed to be enjoying it but when i tried...it was tasteless...not nice lei...:)

i didnt put banana..only put sour strawberries..in the end, i gave him the pancake with yoghurt...

may i know what brand did u all buy? and when u mix the flour with milk and water, whats the texture supposed to be like? pasty or more watery?
i did mine and was a bit pasty so i was so scared that the inside was not all cooked...so i tasted a lot myself eventhough not nice...hehe...:-(

FAILED.....

Hi April mummies,

I am a June mummy and is planning my boy's b'day celebration. As most of you would have planned/celebrated your child's b'day, can I ask you to recommend a venue? I am looking for a place that can house abt 50 guests and food wise preferrably buffet. If you are so kind, can PM me? Thank you so much!

edj, if you are only going for a week to 2 weeks, I think there is no harm in using either mineral or bottled water for the baby.

edj, another thing you can do is to order the disposable bibs and whatever other stuff you need on Amazon and have them delivered to your hotel.. if you have around 2 weeks lead time. Same with baby food.. You just have to let the hotel know in advance that you are expecting a package.

http://www.amazon.com/Neat-Solutions-Disposable-Bib-Pack/dp/B0010IK4GG/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1271753646&sr=8-6

www.sproutbaby.com - organic food pouches which I order.

baby_mummy
re:eCreative
u can try their chocolate cake with blueberries jam, they recommended me. I think is their signature cake. I ordered once from them, 2 years back.

edj
Here's the zoo list!
Hope i got e latest list!

SG Zoo Excursion
Date: May2010?, Friday
Time: 9:30am

1. KP
2. edj (early May coz i wont be around from 14 May till end May)
3. Audrey
4. Pei
5. Gallop
6. Oshgosh
7. Marie (prefers end May-cos i'm on leave 24-27 May)
8. Powerball

Thanks Audrey. so how can we fix on the date now....

30 Apr (fri) or 7 May (fri) or 10 May (mon)? after that i wont be going out already...gotto pack for my trip on the 14 May...

SG Zoo Excursion

1. KP
3. Audrey
4. Pei
5. Gallop
6. Oshgosh
8. Powerball

Thanks Audrey. so how can we fix on the date now....

30 Apr (fri) or 7 May (fri) or 10 May (mon)? after that i wont be
going out already...gotto pack for my trip on the 14 May...

SG Zoo Excursion

1. KP
3. Audrey
4. Pei
5. Gallop
6. Oshgosh
8. Powerball
9. eviangal (if 21 May, i dun mind, cos on leave but i think edj cant make it. so can ignore my name if other dates.)

Powerball, thanks..

edj, I realised forgot to answer your questions ya, I brought milk powder and cereal on board the plane, no problem. I gave bb mineral water while in LA, in SF I gave tap water cos my relatives said can drink.. hahaha, don't know lah but didn't have problem after drinking so should be ok I guess
Yes, disposable bibs very impt! I forgot to bring, and only bought normal bibs.. so must keep washing everyday and sometimes not enough bibs so must reuse the not so dirty ones.. yucks!! Then food stain difficult to wash off too

Anybody have OCBC CC? They having 1 for 1 lunch buffet at Aquamarine, Marina Mandarin.. interested to go there for next gathering?

Gallop,

thanks..yeah i am brining those too but i will prob put in those small milk powder container...so no need to carry too many things on board...

paragon has toyrus right? i am going to look for the disposable bibs tomorrow///

edj, not sure? But think yes, since issued by OCBC..
Don't know nice or not, never tried before.. anybody knows? But 1 for 1 is attractive offer...
Tomorrow why don't you join us after your appointment? Is it doctor's appt?

<font color="119911">eviangal,
kelly is having pooh theme in sch but at nite is elmo. i hope she dun tink pooh n elmo r frenz. tx for lendin me the pooh walker but owmum oreadi passed me hers. im still tinkin whether to go inflate anot.

gallop,
i have. lets have our next gatherin thr but next wk i cant coz gg to genting with the 2 kids again.</font>

Gallop,

yeah doctor's appointment...i dont think i can make it lah...coz usually very long wait...
anyway,..i have made another arrangement with my ex colleaqeus..having lunch at paragon bakerzin..hehe...eventhough i wont be there with u all...i will be there in spirit...some more eating at the same restaurant..hehe..

bibs
i've been using the washable kind from Ikea, at home or out.. so far i find it good cos its very thin plastic material, so its easy to wash and quick to dry. For those traveling, may consider those.. Then don't have to bring a whole pack of disposable bibs or worry about drying those cloth bibs which i find hard to wash.

Think Ikea is selling 2 in a pack.. Not nice design, but so far pretty lasting.

Edj,

For the disposable bibs, I can bring one for u on thur to let you try if you like it, if you like it then can buy for ur US trip liao.

The brand is Tommee Tippie

Cant join you mommies tmr just realised my boy's birthday party is next week and still got lots of preparation to be done, will join you next time
happy.gif

Date: 21 Apr Wed
Time: 12pm
Venue: bakerzin, United Square (promo with M1)

2. Gallop
3. Pei (have M1 phone)
4. Kris
5. Ow_mummy?
6. KP?
7. Audrey
8. oshgosh
9. Powerball (have MI phone, will bring bill)
10.Rose
12. bb_mummy (have M1 phone!)
13. catherine (have M1 phone!)

<font color="119911">Edj:</font> Last x I bought Toys R Us disposable bibs, itz 3-ply w a waterproofed plastic layer inside. Also has crumb-catcher pocket. Okie, pass u Mustela another x.

<font color="0000ff">Baked Potato:</font> Yes, I hv ur hp tho i kant rmbr how -- izzit u ordered Mini Zone bibs last x?
happy.gif
I'll sms u by 2mr.

<font color="aa00aa">Bastion's fever...</font> He took a 3-hr nap juz now - longest ever! Bt woke up w temp back 2 normal. However I'm stl monitoring so definitely won't bring him 4 vac 2mr.

KP: r u coming tml? i wana buy the apple snacks.thks

2. Gallop
3. Pei (have M1 phone)
4. Kris
5. Ow_mummy ( i have 2 M1 Bills)
6. KP?
7. Audrey
8. oshgosh
9. Powerball (have MI phone, will bring bill)
10.Rose
12. bb_mummy (have M1 phone!)
13. catherine (have M1 phone!)

MUmmies,

what moisturiser is good for bb to use in cold weather? the california baby for sensitive skin one good enuf? i mean is it moisturising enuf?

i'm taking my name out cos dunno if can reach United Sq by 12 tomorrow... Even by 1.30pm would be tough cos i realise I'll be coming from home (in east) and not my parents hse (bishan) which would have been nearer.. will text one of u if I can make it
happy.gif

enjoy the lunch mummies

2. Gallop
3. Pei (have M1 phone)
4. Kris
6. KP?
7. Audrey
8. Powerball (have MI phone, will bring bill)
9.Rose
10. bb_mummy (have M1 phone!)
11. catherine (have M1 phone!)

Kris: Sorry for the delay, just tt $42 to you.

Re: KidsNGift
I got a deal and since they were clearing stock, the soft sole shoe is
offered at $22 per pair and the squeaky shoe is at $20 per pair. The
below is the list of soft sole shoe available, do indicate your name
against the shoe model if you are interested, strictly meetup and
collect only, no posting. http://kidsngifts.blogspot.com/

Soft sole as follows:
12-18M = 12.5cm
18-24M = 13.5cm

SSB05 - 12-18M
SSG02 - 18-24M
SSG02 - 18-24M Audrey
SSG03 - 18-24M
SSG03 - 18-24M Cal
SSG04 - 12-18M
SSG04 - 18-24M
SSG05 - 12-18M
SSG07 - 12-18M eviangal
SSG07 - 18-24M Kris
SSG08 - 18-24M Yvonne

Squecky as follows:
US 3 / EURO 20 / 12.8 cm Inner length
US 4 / EURO 21 / 13.4 cm Inner length
US 5 / EURO 22 / 14.0 cm Inner length
US 6 / EURO 23 / 14.6 cm Inner length
US 7 / EURO 24 / 15.2 cm Inner length

SQ01 - size 3
SQ01 - size 5
SQ01 - size 7
SQ02 - size 3
SQ02 - size 4 KP
SQ02 - size 5 Pinkypink - Paid
SQ03 - size 6 Pravina
SQ04 - size 6 Pinkypink - Paid
SQ04 - size 7 Pravina
SQ06 - size 4
SQ06 - size 7
SQ07 - size 7
SQ08 - size 4 eviangal
SQ08 - size 6 Cal
SQ08 - size 7 Kris
SQ10 - size 3
SQ10 - size 4
SQ10 - size 5
SQ10 - size 6
SQ10 - size 7

<font color="ff6000">sadness!!! From tomorrow to Friday,I have INTENSIVE System testing and lunch with vendor Boo Hoo! So I can't sneak out to United Square to have lunch! Enjoy your lunch,mummies!

2. Gallop
3. Pei (have M1 phone)
4. Kris
6. KP?
7. Audrey
8. Powerball (have MI phone, will bring bill)
9. bb_mummy (have M1 phone!)
10. catherine (have M1 phone!)</font>

Edj: no plastic backing, but haf the pocket to catch crumbs..anyway i forgot hw much it was.. bought together with KP i think.. anyway.. i can jus pass it to u la cuz i nv use also.. as for legwarmers, i bought a few pairs from Babylegs, i quite like em..but once agn i nv put em to good use.. if u dun mind i can pass u 1 pair (plain beige so suitable for ur boy)..Brand new washed but not worn..

Btw i saw sales of the babylegs at OG, 2 pairs very cheap n good deal. I bought my first pair at Taka Baby fair when preg @ $19.95..Lol...OG haf sales for 2 pairs at that price or so...

Hi mommies, it's been a while since I posted here haha,and I know it's kinda late ... but can I still join the April Babies Birthday bash???

Kris,
Sorry for the late transfer.
just PM u the transfer details.
btw, where u stay? hee hee

Audrey,
are u staying at sengkang/punggol, did i remember wronhly...
can u collect for me?

edj, the california baby cream is good enough.. also you might want to use a little bit of lip balm. My gal shared my Burt's bee lip balm during the trip..

You can buy all these in the States in the Pharmacy.. Burt's bee is like USD1-2 only..

When it is too dry, I just whipped out my little container of La mer moisturiser and use it on her cheeks.. her skin is fine with it.

Eviangal, I don't have any long johns for baby. I use leggings on her and let her wear long pants/jeans etc over her leggings. I also let her wear socks and shoes to protect her feet from being too cold. I think shoes are quite important cos the socks are not that thick to protect against cold and wind.

Check the weather in Hokkaido, if it is expected to be rainy, you might want to bring a rain cover for the pram so you can still stroll her along.

Joie: Thanks. I am letting her wear a long sleeve romper and a dress over the romper with long pp pants. I have leggings too. Will prob bring it along then. Seldom let her wear those as I find it very tight over her tighs..

Need to buy more socks though.. Hardly any socks nor long sleeve rompers at home now.

Not bringing stroller only carrier so its ok. Might get her a raincoat then..

If using stroller, just get the bundleme from mothercare. It helps to keep babies warm in their stroller without too much layers. It is like a pouch which we can slip the baby in! And the best thing is, it won't fly off like a blanket when the wind blows! It is so much cheaper in the US though.

Edj, it is actually way much easier to order online coz the shops in US are not like in SG where we get everything in a single departmental store. Usually it is like one block of Walmart.. one block of Kmart etc. If you don't drive.. it is almost impossible! I couldn't find baby stuff at all when I was in Sydney leh.. end up Jovan almost got "frozen". Only managed to get those winter clothings at a factory outlet towards the end of the trip!

Back