(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

owmummy,

what brand bread u feed?normal white bread or wholegrain?
i noticed some brands use honey as one of the ingredients in the wholegrain bread...
we are not supposed to feed honey to babies below 12 mths rite?

Mummies who have given egg to bb, advise needed please..

how do u cook the egg? do u serve hard boiled eggyolk? so u jsut separate the white? is it easy to do it? i intend to give egg tomorrow..

Edj, sure, thanks for confirming
happy.gif

Audrey, join us for bibinogs?
Pei, had fun today but aquaducks not for me! too tiring! hahahah

Bibinogs Play Learning (1.5h class)

#03-21, UE Square Shopping Mall
81 Clemenceau Avenue
(off River Valley Rd / Robertson Walk)
Singapore 239917

Date: 22nd Jan Friday 130pm
Cost: $40 per bb
We get 5% off if we have a class of 8 and 10% off course fees if we have 5 who sign up.

1. KP
2. Pei
3. Owmum
4. Edj
5. Cocobunz?

Kindermusik @ Tanglin
18th Jan Mon 230pm
$30

1. KP
2. Owmum

KP,

Aquaducks quite fun hor
happy.gif
But tiring on our legs and arms! Seemed like Issac likes it a lot. Hee hee, I think M doesn't like the ang moh teacher!

Think I will make more of an effort to take her swimming next time!

Pei, initially he also din seem to like the ang mo teacher:p hah, remember he cried when he first went into the pool:p haha...u never brought M swimming b4?

Edj: I seperate the white from the yolk and then put inside the porridge to cook together. Tried only once so far. Ok. YOu can also buy the egg seperator from Daiso.

Mummies who have ordered with me for the spree. FYI, I cant order from web directly as they dont accept non US credit card. Ordered through com gateway concierge at 5% of our order amount. They have placed the orders. Should be here by early Feb.

If you wish to get somemore stuff, let me know. I am considering in opening another spree when the items are here. Thinking of getting 1 more balloon.

Ow Mummy: Thank you for the transfer. Glad to see that you are active again. Now that I completed my spree, I am more freed up. Let me consider the bloomers design and revert to you. I want 2 pieces.

Eunice: You ordered the hat yet? I havent really look at the web again. I wana order. Let me know when you are ordering.

Kidz: Good to know that your B1 is fine now. Her progress sounds interesting.. haha.. everything also can be imagined into something. I can see how our April babies will be in a few years time. =)

Eviangal, Ow_mum

What bloomers are you talking about? I want to order some also!! So far I only have 3 bloomers and it's the 3 pieces you (ow_mum) passed to me!

Pei, now i look forward to bringing bb for classes, its like so fun and allows them to learn since we are lazy mummies that dun do much with them at hm:p

KP/Pei,

sound like u mummies did have lots of fun just now...more than the babies, it seems..hehe..

eh, u heard anything about shichida? quite ex...per term is more than $1000. they just sent me an email..no trial lesson..
their semester start in jan/apr/jul/sep...12 weeks per term...dont know whether worth spending or not...

eviangal
nopes, decided not to order already cos the bear design i like no stock. i think her stocks r in...if u wan can order from her already.

edj,

from what I heard, for the shichida method to be a success, the parents have to really put in the effort and practice with the bbs what has been taught. Parents have to be really really on the ball. Otherwise, it's just a real waste of money.
I don't know if it's for lazy mommies like me and KP!!

KP,

yah, bring bbs for class/trials are quite fun hor! Or maybe it's just a passing phase for us? Hee, I hope not!

Staccato really not fun ah? But they their kind of music is classical right? I want to go for a trial class leh. I know you attended a trial before right, want to go again? Oh, then can go Picotin for makan!

edj, no lor, our arms and legs were achin cos no floats are given and we have to carry bb's weight:p hee

nope, never checked shichida, is that like very good and what do they teach?

Pei, when i went for staccato trial, it was free, now payable lor, and the only teacher i like there is the owner, which happens to be hubby's ex schmate. But she can only conduct tues and weekends which is not suitable for me:p The other 2 teachers, one i joined in the class for a short while, but she's not good, too soft..

EDJ: i give plain bread, ya nt suppose to give honey below 12mths.. i gave chelsey egg yolk. u can hard boiled the egg den separate out the yolk lo.. i always eat the white den chelsey eat e yolk... but nw sumtimes i will jus seperate e egg yolk before cook..but tts more difficult...Shichida so ex? my hubby was saying he wana let bb go for it wen i m still preggie, wa heng he forgot ardy..

KP: today e aquaducks mummy must go down e pool also ah? heng man i nv go...=)

Owmummy,

oh okay..i will try the hardboiled method i think tomorrow...
happy.gif
thanks.
yeah loh, very ex hor..but if its good, i dont mind spending lei...jia lat..i am confused now...

re: aquaducks, why did u say heng?..u dont know how to swim ah?

Pei/KP,

looks like most of the enrichment classes for our babies all made mummies more tiring than the babies lei...hehe...remember the dancing part at kindermusic...we had to carry baby and move about and gotto keep bringing up baby's 2 legs...gave them massage some more...ahahha

re: shichida: yeah thats wat i heard also, u gotto pratice with bb everyday in order to be successful...

KP,
The Shichida Method programme emphasis on;
> -Quality of Parent-Child Relationship
> -Sharpness Of Innate Senses
> -Photographic Memory Training
> -Physical Stimulation
> -High-Speed Absorption Training
> -Creative Potential
> -Foreign/Multiple Language Stimulation
> -Humanity Studies
> -Personality Development

edj: ya i dunno hw to swim...is i dun dare to swim...haha...n i m reali lazy to go into water w bb n still nid to come up n change den hafta to tc bb plus change bb... so tiring...

ow mummy : can i check with you, cos I also bought the pasta stars, do u make d pasta stars in batches n freeze them? or freshly make for every serving?
Cos i'm thinkin to make in big batch n freeze 'em, but not sure how d pastas will turn out after defroze n reheat .. any feedback fr other mommies? Thx
happy.gif

Mummies,

i have a question..besides when u go to see your PD...where else do u normally weigh your babies?
i am desperately trying to get my bb to put on some weight..so need to monitor...but my next visit to the PD will only be in 3 mths time...

edj,

we haf a digital weighing scale at home. juz weigh urself with and without bb then minus ur own weight to get bb's weight
happy.gif

wat's bb E's weight now?

KP,

Hee, maybe i will organise a staccato trial the week before CNY. See if anyone is interested.

Edj,

Wa, no trial then expect us to pay $1000 upfront for a term? Seemed like a huge risk. Plus I don't think I am the kind that is disciplined enough to practice with bb anyway
sad.gif

Ow_mummy, Edj,

Yes, it kind of troublesome to have to shower and change, not just the bbs but us too. KP showered Issac there, but I just gave Mikaela a rinse and then bath her at home.

Ow_mummy,

Are you doing a BP on bloomers? I am interested to buy some if you are!

Pei: yes , e bloomers is customise with initials or name.Let me knw ya.

Ipanpan: no i don do by batches, same as porridge..i don think its reccomended to do by batches n freeze em... its very convenient to cook daily...

Hi mommies,

it's been a long long time since I've logged on. The holiday season was a super busy one for me, especially now that i have no help. I was really struggling to manage all the things that needed to be done but I'm finally getting the hang of it. Yay me! LOL

If i haven't said this before I'll say it again. Mommies who work and have no help at home, i applaud you!

I notice that you ladies bringing your kiddos to all these different trials. Sounds like so much fun!

Just brought the bub for his 9 month checkup and he is now 10.5kgs. Fwah! I've also just started giving him Kale (which he loves!) yogurt, blueberries and cauliflower. Cheese is next, but i notice many mommies have already started on that.

Mommies have you tried giving your babies foods that s/he didn't use like? The bub used to hate bananas and applesauce but i recently tried giving him some banana and he actually didn't gag! Yeah, he used to hate bananas, weird right?
happy.gif

<font face="tahoma"> WOW!!! happening leh... bb going for the trial classes... but me is super duper lazy mummy hor... so never bring both to any trial @ all... the very 1st class my #1 went was J&amp;G.... me liked it... but no con't coz changed of Teacher leh...

ya me wanna know how to prepare the pasta stars too... tried on tues, but the pasta was lumpy, stick together leh... me followed the instruction given ya, 50g pasta with 500g water... where's go wrong? please advise...

SHICHIDA, my frenz sends his son there too. ya parent gotta be ON one lor, or else cant see the result.... his son can remember and say out 100 items in short time, like 20/30 sec when in 3Y.

mushroom - so far, me just cooked button mushroom ya... with spinach &amp; cheese... but not yet give to #2, still in freezer...

do you all still puree the food? or cut into smaller pieces for them to munch arh?

my boy is rejecting the bottle feed... so MIL gotta put the FM into the chor bee gor, n me latch him twice, n pump once in office... BM amt down too... how to get my boy to drink from bottle eh? bot the pigeon cup sprout and straw, he just play with them, doesnt drink yah...
kao_sad2.gif
</font>

Leereiner,

re shichida.wah so impressive ah? 100 words in such a short time...wow...yeah heard needs a lot of hard work from the parents...sigh...

re: bottle feeding..looks like u r having the same prob as me...past few days he was okay drinking form bottle at nite...last nite started his nonsense again...now so sleepy..woke up twice this morn trying to get him to drink milk...
when u said your MILK put FM into the chor bee gor? do u mean just put the formula without mixing with water?
i also want to try lei..otherwise he is drinking not enuf milk lah....

<font face="tahoma"> ya my MIL put the FM powder with the chor bee gor powder, then add water and cook lor... and spoon-feed baby... stimes he will drink plain water from the pigeon sprout, but most times he's playing w it yah.... and he can latch very well lor.... make me headache leh... dont have ME time, arrrghhh!!!!

so far aro 480ml from FM, then dont know how much from latching ya... saw some1 mentioned gotta have at least 500/600ml in a day, btw, my boy start to wake up for nite feed. think he wants sucking comfort... me tired leh...</font>

Hey Leereiner,

the first time i cooked the pasta stars it also turned out to be one big gooey mess! So much for following the instructions.

Try cooking the pasta in a medium pot FULL of water for a good 10-15 mins. That will solve the problem.

hi mommies, being busy recently and can't really go thru all the posting.

I am sending my gal for the trial at Suntect and would like to know any mommies keen of joining? I need 6 babies in order to arrange a session specially for us
happy.gif

Aquaducks Free Trial

Date: Saturday/Sunday
Time:
Note: Date and time will advice after we have a group of 6 babies in.

1) Audrey
2) Pei??
3) Marie??
4) Ultrabeary??
5)
6)

Aquaducks Free Trial

Time:

1) Audrey
2) Pei??
3) Marie??
4) Ultrabeary??
5) eviangal (if Fri, if not cant)
6)

Sorry

Aquaducks Free Trial

Time:

1) Audrey
2) Pei??
3) Marie??
4) Ultrabeary??
5) eviangal (sat/ sun - depends on date)
6)

Aquaducks Free Trial

Time:

1) Audrey
2) Pei??
3) Marie??
4) Ultrabeary??
5) eviangal (sat/ sun - depends on date)
6) catherine (depends on date, too)

<font face="tahoma"> me also ask this qns... but MIL has been doing this leh... but to my knowledge, cant cook the FM as the nutri will be gone too... correct me... so reason to come in this thread to ask for HELP lo</font>

hi ladies, bibinogs is confirmed with 5 of us min, they are giving us a 5% discount for the trial and after GST, it costs $40.70 each. However we need to prepay, kindly pls transfer amt to posb savings 126-63953-8

Pei, kindermusik i have told her we are going back for 2nd trial, she says ok. Owmum, u confirmed coming for both yah?

Bibinogs Play Learning (1.5h class)

#03-21, UE Square Shopping Mall
81 Clemenceau Avenue
(off River Valley Rd / Robertson Walk)
Singapore 239917

Date: 22nd Jan Friday 130pm
Cost: $40 per bb
We get 5% off if we have a class of 8 and 10% off course fees if we have 5 who sign up.

1. KP
2. Pei
3. Owmum
4. Edj
5. Cocobunz

Kindermusik @ Tanglin
18th Jan Mon 230pm
$30

1. KP
2. Owmum
3. Pei

KP, I've already registered Keene for the pre-nursery class in leedon, don't think can change to harding as already paid the deposits.. You not considering leedon at all? Will be a brand new school for them in 2012
happy.gif

I'm also interested in the trial lessons, can I join the kindermusik one?

by the way for bibinogs, they do a mixture of chinese, arts and crafts, zoophonics, music and movement all in the 1.5h, seems quite good, well, we'll know after the trial:p

Anyone else keen to join us? If we have 5 who sign up for the course, we get 10% off the course fees she mentioned.

gallop, pei also registered mikaela for harding road session 2:p Of course u can join us, add your name in k? How abt bibinogs?

nope, not considering leedon cos its going to be in the church building, prefer the outdoor feel:p But still waitlisted for prenursery though:p

Audrey
I'm keen if its on a weekend!

Pei/KP
Can share what happens during the class so we know what to prepare??

Ow_mummy
I'm keen in getting bloomers too if u're co-ordinating. Can share the link for designs pls? Thanks.

Back