(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

Hello all,

I am looking for a babysitter to look after my baby girl (6months) beginning 1st Nov at our place. We are an easy going, clean and quiet family staying at Clementi Ave 5

Days/Hrs required = Mon-Fri: 8:00am to 6:30pm
Salary = S$600+

Babysitter must be able to understand and speak English.
SMS or call 9025 2419

Thank you

ow_mummy
the combi foodmaker issit like blender?
ur wean machine so ex, cannot keep la!
i saw the boon spoon just now. so tempted to buy...then i realised the food must be made on the spot or warmed already then can put in. so still as troublesome. eat from VIA cup can liao! haha

eunice: its like blender, but u haf to use abit of time n energy..lol.. slowly make..wa the potato i made frm e combi foodmaker is so smooth lo.. i can go sell homemade mashed potato liao=P

ow_mummy
eh idea huh!! then u so figure out how to make nice n healthy gravy...then can sell mash potato hahaha... eh btw, wat does the octotunes look like?

powerball: what sling you use? that's a very scary story. I have two slings, one from MIM and the other (balboa) which i recently bought. i usually put my baby in a sitting position, face outside, legs inside but arms out. but if she's tired and wants to sleep, i'll turn her the other way to face me, and her legs will be dangling outside the slings.

i recently banned my maid from using the sling, cos she abuses it. i keep telling ehr not to carry the baby unnecessarily, cos it'd spoil her and baby won't have chance to stretch her hands n legs. and she feeds baby using the sling, which baby likes, but she would always walk n feed at the same time, until baby falls asleep. then she'd tell me baby fall asleep, cannot burp. then end up, my baby always wake up a while later then keep puking. last night when i was at work, she fed baby in the sling again. n my baby was being fed at 1.5 hour interval, drinking 120ml each time, which is unusually darn a lot! cos she usually drinks every 3 hours. and guess wat? my baby woke up at 430am n kept puking and puking. i burped her for a good one hour. now i damn scared to leave baby with maid, but no choice. ahve to do it till i go on no pay leave.

having said that, the slings are erally good investments when you bring baby out. cos in pram, they can't really see much. and honestly, if u wanna hand carry for long periods, your arms n back will break. but like powerball said, don't leave baby in sling for too long. not good for them to stay crunched up all the time, i guess. and honestly, i strongly believe that babies shouldn't be carried all the time.

mrs soon
how do u manage to put baby with the legs inside huh? my bb refused to cross her legs so there is no way i can use the sling/pouch. v disappointing cos i was really looking forward to using the pupsik pouch. i just tried the bjorn n its great!! at least my bb seems to like it... agree that hand carry for long periods, arm will break hehe =P

Sorrie mummies/mtbs for interrupting,

can advise me which colour to choose for bb gal pls?
2887900.jpg
2887901.jpg

<font color="0077aa">KP,
I din compare the price @ Watson lei.. think i will go check it out! :p

Sling
I brought one, but Prudence refuse to stay in, once i put her in, she will struggle and scream.. sigh.. waste money... but i brought this, which i think not bad, esp when bring her out on short trips like to my mum's place.. she can even sleep in it.. and best thing it's cheap...</font>

http://www.gmarket.com.sg/challenge/neo_goods/goods.asp?goodscode=200029289&amp;pos_shop_cd=GE&amp;pos_class_cd=100000024&amp;pos_class_kind=L

jasj: ya, i let baby cross legs or 'squat' or put the legs to one side. but actually, i usually just let baby go in bottom first, then she herself will figure out which is her most comfy position. and er, maybe my bb's legs are short la, so it's easier, heh.

eunice: the first time i tried to put bb inside, she also cried n cried, cos i was a bit scared n not confident, so i was rather clumsy. but like breastfeeding, the more u do it, the easier it is. now she loves it.

the MIM sling is easier to have bb put the legs to one side, but the bolboa one is mroe spacious and not so tight, so it's easier to let bb assume a "squating" position. if baby refuse to cross legs, maybe u can carry her facing u first, to get her used to the sling? then once the sling got your smell, i think she'd naturally wanna snuggle in it.

don't give up on the slings. keep trying. it's really very useful!

Cia,
Long time no see! I am stopping my milk supply already, only pump twice a day and each time just to relieve any engorgement. My chest freezer was filled up about a month back, now about 3/4 full with 100odd bags of milk, think can only last my girl for about 1 more month. Still considering whether to let pump once at night only just to still have some fresh EBM for my girl to drink everyday.

bbmoomoo,
I have exactly the same Maxi Cosi car seat, chose the black one for my baby girl cos the red one doesn't look as nice.

OG is having 20% Storewide Discount on Blue Label Items and Free Membership Card with $75nett Purchase

Went to OG Albert today and gotten this PlaySkool push walker for $39.90 after 20% discount. Gotten the Lamaze Octotunes at $32.90 after discount! Hee... it's indeed a big and heavy toy! Remember to ask for a new one, the lone one hanging there looked quite worn.
happy.gif

PetPet Diaper Sale at NHG Polyclinic Pharmacies

Went Yishun Polyclinic just now and saw this PetPet sale for M, L and XL sizes. The M size I bought is the 70pc pack and the new 84pc mega pack sold at NTUC.
4 packets of 70s M for $47.80 = $0.171 per pc
NTUC was having promotion for the mega pack M size diapers at
2 packets of 84s M for $32.95 = $0.196 per pc
Any mummies who is a fan of PetPet like me, can go grab it. Think other NHG polyclinic pharmacies should be having this promotion too, so can check it out.
happy.gif

bbmoomo : I bought black colour maxi cosi for my girl also, cos d red one is to 'obyang'?? Too bright already ... and next time if i have baby boy, d black one can still use haha

Ow_mummY! My combi food maker is finally delivered. Looks so pretty. I can't wait to "launch" it in another 1month's time!! And rose, the best part is, it is BPA Free!! I just chked the label.. all the plastic parts are made of polypropylene.. so it's BPA free. Now i don't need to bring back to taka for an exchange ;)

Anyways, lunch meet up tdy is nice! Although I can't eat anything. Audrey, I "parked" jovan in front of the mirror in his bumbo just now. He was "chatting" with himself.. for 20min!! That's a record! Thanks for the idea!!

So Rose, u got anything from kiddy palace just now? This is how the combi food maker looks like. But the one in taka fair is the plain one, without the pooh bear series.
happy.gif

http://www.combi.co.jp/product/product-list.php?cid=50

oshgosh, the octotunes is a real good investment. I also got it from OG after a 20% discount. Jovan's still quite entertained by it. I think the BIG eyes really captivates their attention. As for the playing of the music.. I guess they can only do it when they are abit older.. meanwhile it's the parents or caregiver who will be entertaining them.

And yes, its BIG and heavy! ELC has a smiliar toy.. more expensive but the notes are all in tune... my octotunes has a off key "so".

Anyways.. i am so glad I am not puking anymore.. Was on IV drip ytd in KKH. Nearly fainted from no food and drink with the constant vommitting.

Just wonder why some food vendors can be so inconsiderate. Really make the customers suffer so much. Hubby had to kept taking time off work to look after my MIL, myself and my bb. Coz the 2 main caregivers are down!

With my current diet of porridge and those canned caixin... the EBM also looks very diluted leh.. Hope I'll recover soon and eat more nutritious food!! =)

powerball, I am interested in the thermos.. but novena pickup is more convenient for me... can still combine in this case?

So many choices leh.. which one u ordered?

<font color="ff0000">baby_mummy</font>
oh dear, sounds like u really had a bad case of food poisoning!! need IV drip somemore?
hope u're better already, and can enjoy your holiday w jovan...

Bb mummy : whr did you got your combi foodmaker? and how much? D pooh bear one looks cute
happy.gif

powerball : my indo maid n my mom also use d sarong sling for my baby n my 3 nephews but till now no prob le. Myb your maid not experience enuf to use it? Or issit wrong position? But since myb not suitable for your baby then better don't use it

oshgosh, it was really bad yesterday. I even puke water out. Imagine no food and water and yet I had to pump to prevent engorgement... I think I was on drip for about 2-3hrs. After that, I feel so much betta. Also had a jab via the needle they poke at my wrist. At that moment.. I was reminded of my delivery days! haha

After 1 day of "cleansing" and healthy oil free diet, I really pray I will recover fast! Thanks for everyone's concern.
happy.gif

LovJ, actually the pigeon one looks exactly the same!
happy.gif
I feel like getting the rice mug from pigeon leh... so cute oso.

Ipanpan, I bought the plain one at taka bb fair. For the pooh bear one might have to chk with taising, the sole distributor for combi pdts in sg.
happy.gif
(If I'd seen the pooh one, I might not have bought the plain one! hehe)

thanks for welcoming me back mummies darling! :D

HLW: my chest was full months back.. bt now super dupy lazy to pump.. only pump 1x a day.. :p
cos my eye lid can barely open these days after returning back to work.

so only pump once a day.. "asher.. mummy sorry.."
and ss is getting lower each day...
yes.. i really miss those days whre my breasts are like rock hard neh2... :p:p
now no more liao.. like deflated balloon!! :p:p

asher is also flipping very well now, and he cant seem to flip back.. but he's doing very well too!

bb mum: u take care ok!!!!!!! :D

LovJ,
Saw you bumbo seat at FB, very nice colour
happy.gif
I like purple but hubby prefer lime green, so just nice where one of the mummy selling off her lime green bumbo seat
happy.gif

After owned it, I really fall in loved with it, cos when you really have to put your bb down to attend certain thing and bumbo is the best helper
happy.gif
cos now bb don like to lay down, will scream like no body business!

Catherine,
Poor thing, have you recover?
You take care ok

bbmummy,
You take care! Speedy recovery before going for your long holiday with bb Jovan.

HLW,
Yayaya
happy.gif
hehehe... ...
So happy when the bumbo is with me, but when 1st time putting her on bumbo, only last for 5minuts, now gradually she can sustain longer with it
happy.gif

Here she is with the bumbo
2889200.jpg
2889201.jpg

Baby mummy: The combi food maker is so cute!! Can tell me where u buy from, I also wanta get one...

HLW: Thx for the Petpet lobang...would try to drop by to take a look for #1. He's using XL and his CC uses 4pcs a day (regardless whether he pees or not)!!!

Thermos
Am I late?? Can still order?

<font color="0000ff">Marie Maria:</font> Haha, so u e Maria @ home who always goes 'Yes m'am'?
kao_wink.gif
Actuali I didn't tink of it dat way when LovJ typo ur name. I was picturing u standing on top of e hills belting out 'Do Re Mi', 'The Hills Are Alive', etc etc -- oh &amp; of course w 5 kidz in tow so mayb datz in e future???
kao_sticktongue.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Dodos:</font> Sori, wrong no. on my side -- the $9 Thermos Snack Jar fr OG is onli for kping cold items. Itz recommended 4 bringing out small salad, cut fruits, etc. Comes w itz own foldable spoon. 8oz -- veri cute tho.

<font color="ff6000">Kris:</font> Hey, y'day I went 2 chiong last day of JL Mbr Preview Sale 2 get gummy vitamins 4 B1. Bt e promo one out of stock. Anyway I got her e smaller bottle, itz Vitamin C w Echinacea, juz take 1 a day 4 kiddies aged 2-4. So last nite gave her 1 &amp; she straightaway pop whole gummy bear in2 mouth, chew-chew, swallow &amp; said 'more'! Then tried 2 climb in2 my lap 2 grab e bottle when I refused 2 give her. Bt 'phew!', I was worried she wldn't like it. E one I bought is fr MedPlus' Lil Critters range. Itz $18.10 (UP abt $23), 60 gummies. Each bottle gd 4 2M. Bt e offer dat was OOS was 4 180/190 gummies @ two bottles 4 $69!!!! Sigh...

<font color="0077aa">Cia:</font> Welcome back. I'm also stl bf. Latching no dd. Oops, he's up...

Audrey, wah pic of ur bb in the bumbo really makes me feel like buying it too.

Bb_mummy, know got the Novena collection pt and thought of asking u to help initially if i cannot hit $200. Hehehe, now managed to hit the target to get free delivery liao. So u ordering on your own or u want to tag with my order?

Kidzskidz, i also chiong JL sale. Bought bedsheets set. Very worth it. $69 for full set and thread count was 465. Somemore can use the JL brochure voucher to offset. Wasted part was no more queen size left. Wanted to buy for my father.

Mummies, any one trying or going to try your babies on walkers? when is the best time huh?

Cos my girl now likes to straighten her legs and can make 'stepping' actions... so was wondering if we should let her be on walker now. Is it too early?

Audrey... u make me want to really get the bumbo seat now... erm. But so scared my girl will outgrow it fast sia...

<font color="aa00aa">
Being the devil's advocate again...Jas,tick tock tick tock.Be quick and dont procrastinate.The longer you take to think ,those times are the times when the baby could have sat in it earlier ;)</font>

Back