(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

ow_mummy,
I won't be able to make it to marie's gathering coz I'll be travelling!!

Anyways, I've asked Pei to help in the collection. Pei will help rose & you to collect and pass to u all during the gathering. Is it ok?

Yvonne you bought the sleep and weave sleep rompers right?? Ya that size runs VERY small. The rest are quite ok.. Jovan wears the 6-9mths.. and it doesn't look like it can last long too. Try the 2 pack cotton one. That size runs bigger! If the sleeves are too long, we can still fold it back.
happy.gif

baby_mummy: okay! thks..by the way i totally forgot wad i ordered from babymall leh.. did i order bibs? if i did den reali jialat lo.. i bought more from BPs... now i have like 20 new bibs....n 30 bibs(handmedowns) ..LOLX...

<font color="aa00aa">ow mummy,that's an ok no for a drool queen like chelsey kekeke,I also ordered a lot of bibs from babymallonline for my drool prince
happy.gif
</font>

ow_mummy,
you didn't order bibs.. haha you ordered pretty shoes and tights. Very small package.
happy.gif

And ya ROSE is the winner of BIBS... but the bibs really beary cute.

Dodos ordered a towel bib which is slipped through the head. I think that is very nice and innovative too! TOWEL leh.. really can absorb I think..

i think I still need more bibs leh... Jovan is a drool prince too haha

KP, u cfm going marie's home?
Need to lonbang Pei also?? U cfm with Pei okie and let me know in advance. She's dropping by my place tmr.
happy.gif

okie bed time!! Nitez!!

<font color="aa00aa">bb mummy,haha ,yeah,I gotta let Justin change bibs at least 4 times a day or else the shirt will be completely soaked!

KP,is the california cream in? If in,can bring mine and Kidzskidz one on friday?I'll pass it to her</font>

<font color="aa00aa">bb mummy,I think you had a lot of fun looking through the stuff we bought,yah
happy.gif
If I were you,I would go like "Damn,why din I buy this,why din i buy that</font>

bb_mum, ya..i got the Basket Weave Sleep N Play rompers, it fit raynie just nice now..the sleeveless bodysuit can fit her oso but the length a bit long, when she wear got some excess cloth on the body area..

Pei and Rin,
I am in for this Fri's gathering
happy.gif
See ya!

Date: 31 July 2009 (Fri)
Time: 12noon
Venue: Marie's Humble Home(Sengkang-Compassvale St)
Food: Delivery Food/PotLuck??)

1. Marie
2. Kris
3. Rose -pizza
4. KP
5. Owmum
6. Pat
7. Catherine (can only arrive after 1pm) - delivery
8. Pei
9. Audrey

Pei, sounds good to me! It's a date then
happy.gif

The wonderbibs have arrived, so we can collect from Daphne on Wed if you are going to the dim sum at Marriott. I am not joining for lunch but will pop by for a bit as am bringing my guest to shop shop on Orchard. Can bring the dress then too if you want.

ooh Marie's place too far for me. Will join you guys next time if at babymummy or KP's place

and can someone pretty please show me the link of my Ning Ning pulling Chelsea's hair? I still have not seen it

Hi all, i would really love to join in the gathering at Marie's place but i can't make it on friday.. can all make it on THURS 30 July instead??? hehe... i asked Marie already n she is fine with thurs too...
so can can???
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Ow mummy:</font> Boo-Bunnies r so cute! Tx 4 hilighting! I ordered 1 (Vintage Rose) -- gd 2 use on my gal who's sporty and sporting thus prone 2 bumps &amp; bruises...

Rose, hee I had fun sorting and packing coz I am surrounded by so many pretty stuff! Haha.. It's really a SEA of BLUE and a OCEAN of PINK loh... baby stuff really much cuter than adult clothes.

And the funny thing is, KP mentioned that the sleeveless bodysuit is good and almost EVERYONE ordered that! HAHAHAHA.... so i guess moogey will be seeing lots of COW!

Bonbon, ya the toys are all trial and error one loh.. so when someone recommends a toy that their bb likes... I'll cheong down and get it. Like the Octotunes. Help to entertain bb while I do other things keke. Cool cool Cait princess is good mah.. next time her bf muz try very very hard to please her. So he will do everything at her beck and call! ho ho ho

Pumpkin_seed, what's a tete-a-tete too?? Okie we settle for the massage after the 10th then. Just let me know in advance so I can take LEAVE to join.
happy.gif

Pumpkin, have you added KP in your face book? I think the video is uploaded by KP!! So u can search for it under her profile.

Sigh.. my bb refuses to latch again just now. So sad. Hb told me off say.. u always never manage to latch.. blaming me for not preparing the milk in advance and waking him up and making bb cry.... angry leh.. If not for the bottles.. I think it wouldn't be so bad now. If I have another bb, I think I'll hide away ALL the bottles!!!!

And I had to spend an hrs plus just now getting those stupid engorgement out again. Must be engorged and swollen... that's y bb hates latching!! So stressful.. but I won't give up!!! hee

kidskidz, am so tempted by the boo boo bunnies too... how??

babymummy, tete-a-tete means chit chat, nibble on goodies. Ok Will try to sort out a date between 10th Aug to 1st Sept cos will be going to France in Sept.
Can you PM me KP's real name so I can find her on your FB to add her?
For latching, try this book called The New Breastfeeding, Getting BreastFeeding Right For You. By Mary Renfrew, Chloe Fisher and Suzanne Arms. This book is my saviour when it comes to b-feeding! I suffered so much pain and bleeding for 4 months before I found this book. It's still not 100% enjoyable because Ning is playful and a lazy latcher BUT I am beginning to really enjoy b-feeding. In fact, I might even continue after 6 months. The book teaches how to latch correctly with diagrams, other factors that create a successful b-feeding environment etc. I can't recommend it enough.
Alternatively, I can recommend a good lactation consultant who's been tried and tested by many people I've spoken to.
Really admire your perserverence but really, it does not have to be a chore, it can be really enjoyable!

<font color="aa00aa">Baby mummy:</font> Persevere! When breasts r engorged &amp; bb latches on, flow can b fast &amp; furious or none @ all -- both also can turn bb off &amp; ask 4 bottle again. In my case if hvn't latch my boy for a couple of hours &amp; then do, he may initially choke a bit as milk flows fast...

<font color="ff6000">Pumpkin Seed:</font> Yah lor, bunnies so cute. Best part adults also can use leh
wink.gif

<font color="119911">Cath:</font> Good morning madam! Fri sch's out earlier coz of CCA? Hey, 2day stay cool ok? I know NT nt easy bunch. My fren taught science &amp; he demonstrated centre of gravity by balancing a chair with his finger (mayb more than 1...). In the express class this feat drew gasps and waahhhs. In his NT class it drew e comment 'Show off ah?!"
wink.gif

<font color="ff0000">Gathering @ Marie's</font> Sengkang veri far fr my Clementi leh. Unless any1 nearby wanna taxi-pool or I can get a ride? Let me know...

<font color="0000ff">Going back 2 bed...</font> Okie, b4 I do more damage 2 my bank balance. Gotta catch another 40 winks b4 B1 wakes up 2... She's reali so needy 4 mommy's x &amp; attention nowadays, I feel so sori 4 her dat I kant give her as much as she wants...
sad.gif

<font color="119911">GOOD MORNING!

pei,
KP got no choice, she got to come else we dun fren her liaoz, whahhaha.

jam,
u ok bo? hw come yest 1 st day at work oreadi so stress? take it easi k, still got 4 more days to go b4 weekend. jiayou.

catherine,
u jiayou oso. since i knew u, ur work has always been the same, hw come NT again???

ultrabeary,
im fine wif thurs oso.</font>

wow... so many mummies are up so early!

Thanks pumpkin seed!! I thought u are actually an expert leh after seeing how comfortable you are breastfeeding ning. Actually my breast feeding journey had been quite a traumatising one till at one stage I almost wanna chop off my neh neh! HAHA... then things got a little betta with the lactation consultants from TMC.. and The kellymoms website is a life saviour too! But as I am a working mom, I actually doesn't have much chance to latch.. and plus my bb is on schedule.. there isn't much chance for me to even play with my bb let alone latch. So I usually only try it in the wee hrs..or the 7am feed which if the bb reject.. he will cry till the whole family is disturbed.. if not the neighbours too! So I always take a gamble.. if he is on for 5min.. I will be very very happy already!!

Hee.. another notti fact is, bb is the best pump!! I need him to help clear my ducts.. keke

kidzkidz, ya hee so I usually pump before that so the flow is better and friendly to my fussy feeder. However, this am my aerola is swollen leh.. I think that's y he rejects.. Now loading on lansinoh nipple cream..

Kris.. dun dun frd me hor.. last week really cannot make it due to last minute meetings ah.. sorry sorry..
happy.gif

moogey, its a 5 pack sleeveless bodysuit. Comes in 3 colours, neutral, blue or pink.

Aiya think so hard ah.. GET BOTH!!! ho ho

Pumpkin, btw what did u do in Bintan?? Is everything billed in USD?? Good recommendation for food places??

<font color="666600">Morning mummies..Kindy make ur vote for the day &amp; food.</font>

<font size="+1"><font color="666600">Date: 30 Jul (Thu) OR 31 July 2009 (Fri)
Food: Delivery Food/PotLuck??</font>
</font>

<font color="666600">1. Marie
2. Kris
3. Rose -pizza
4. KP
5. Owmum
6. Pat
8. Pei
9. Audrey
10.</font>

bb_mum, we r in a complete opposite situation, my bb want to latch on n refuse bottle all the time but my supply is very low, she often get very frustrated cos no milk..we (MIL, hubby n i) can only feed her when she is asleep..
i oso dunno why pumping n latching never able to up my supply, i tried fenugreek seeds, not successfully oso..

Marie, will love to join the gathering..

Date: 30 Jul (Thu) OR 31 July 2009 (Fri)
Food: Delivery Food/PotLuck??

1. Marie
2. Kris
3. Rose -pizza
4. KP
5. Owmum
6. Pat
8. Pei
9. Audrey
10. Yvonne (both thurs &amp; fri oso can) - delivery (pizza or KFC)

hi
how's the sizing for the sleeveless bodysuits? i've been giving my girl 12 mth clothing to wear already.. so not sure if these would be too small?

YSL >> have you tried the papaya fish soup, oats and milk??
oats and milk supposedly increase BM... thats what the nurses at TMC advised when i delivered... its worked so far.. also keeps me satiated when i'm hungry in the middle of the nite!!

mummies, i have a qn.. my boy latches on but comes off and the BM is flowing and all.. but he latches and comes off and gets impatient and cries..
is he being strange or colicky or am i doing somthing wrong?.. this usually happens in the evening when i come back from work...
anyone experience this??

buniquestore >> i beeen trying to design stuff for my boy and still not done yet ... but soo many nice things to buy for kids.. i broke lah!!

babymall has nice nice stuff.. too many .. i thot they bedding set for boys look much nicer that the ones here.. already got POOH bear and some animal printstuff.. anyone knows where to get nice bedding sets for boys??

kris, any chance you will attend Mar mummies dim sum this wed? I still need wet wipes from you but can't make it on Fri as SK really far for me.

babymummy, agree that baby is best pump! The LC at TMC are pretty good and Kellymom website too for facts and tips. But this book made a difference for me. Hope it can for you too. I have it with me, you can borrow it if you want.
Bintan, Kelong Restaurant is good! Baan Areya - Thai resto is only so so but very nice view/atmosphere for good price. Otherwise, we cooked a fair bit in the kitchen. Billed in USD and SGD.

YSL and Pravina, do read the book I recommended to babymummy. There are so many answers in there to all your questions. After reading it, I felt like a lightbulb went off in my head. All the time I was telling myself " just bear with it, it's just a painful thing to do" but it's really not! There are solutions!

<font color="666600">Pumpkin seed: wat book u recommend to baby_mum? Can share??

Come to SK lah..Where u stay? haven seen u before leh...</font>

Marie, The New Breastfeeding, Getting BreastFeeding Right For You. By Mary Renfrew, Chloe Fisher and Suzanne Arms.

I stay at Bukit Timah, no car. Cab Fare will be $$$. Also, I want to check out the Learning Vision Open House on Friday and there is a Gymboree session too. Both are near my place.

Next time when the gathering is at KP or babymummy's place
happy.gif

morning mummies!

I'm on for the gathering..thurs or fri oso can..

Date: 30 Jul (Thu) OR 31 July 2009 (Fri)
Food: Delivery Food/PotLuck??

1. Marie
2. Kris
3. Rose -pizza
4. KP
5. Owmum
6. Pat
8. Pei
9. Audrey
10. Yvonne (both thurs &amp; fri oso can) - delivery (pizza or KFC)
11. Rin (pizza)

my bb these few days super weird..she's drinking very little during the day... smtimes 5-6hrs den jus drink a bit..and she wil only nap from 10am to 12pm..den after dat ar, will have two 15-30 min nap only..but come evening, she will drink alot..cos i pumped out since she din clear, and she drank like 200ml..stil nt enuf so i latch her on...my goodness!den slp..the day b4, she slp at 830, ytd record lor, 7pm slp le..she woke up twice 4 feed b4 waking up 845am..so weird...dunno isit sat n sun i went out whole day den she maciam like dun wana miss out on anything so eyes big big..haiz..

BB_mummy: so nice to have a short getaway...bintan everythg in USD..i find e stuff a lil ex actually...agree wtf pumpkin dat e kelong rest. is gd n nt ex..

Pravina: wen u wana collect yr beanies? cum 4 e gathering la..my medela shield stil wif u hor..

pumpkin
if u wanna go marie's pl, i don't mind going too. i go my mum's pl during the day and it's at bukit timah. can pick u up to go over.. o/w i also lazy go to SK :p

marie,

It's a book on breastfeeding : The New Breastfeeding, Getting BreastFeeding Right For You. By Mary Renfrew, Chloe Fisher and Suzanne Arms. I might go and borrow it. Am still trying to decide if I want to breastfeed beyong 6 months...so many factors to consider.

See you soon!!

KP,

Do you want me to collect your stuff from bb-mummy? I will be going there later.

Kidz, now got chicken pox vaccine what for you want ur bb to grow it?

Dexter diagnosed with chicken pox yesterday. Sigh. He was so close to being in the clear as thurs would be 2 weeks since he was exposed. Now my home quarantine has been extended and my old CL said 100 days cannot eat eggs, chicken and cucumber. Also have to send the new maid to get a jab as she has not gotten chicken pox before.

Mummies, please get the jab if u have not gotten chicken pox as i suspect i caught it when i brought Dexter to the PD for the usual injections. Think clinics are the easiest places to catch an infectious bug.

<font color="aa00aa">My holiday's coming to an end..back to reality..Today and the rest of the week,I'll be at MIL's house for an orientation week with Justin.Just now,he fell asleep in my arms and when he woke up in his cot,looked around,din recognise where he was and let out a big cry!! He was comforted when he saw and heard me and went back to sleep almost immediately.I'm going to miss my little pumpkin so much,haiz.Hope he'll remember me and I will still be able to comfort him in the future months ahead...</font>

<font color="aa00aa">powerball,oh dear,sorry to hear that Dexter kena chicken pox.How is he feeling?Hope he's not too cranky or anything.

How young can babies have their chicken pox vaccination?</font>

Rose! Sure =) u wana c the personalised beanie M size as well?

Pei &amp; Marie: Wa, the book seems gd..hmm..I'm going to SK library tmr anyway, wil check the net to see if it's available there....

Powerball: oh dear, is dexter ok? btw, cld we b immuned against chicken pox wan ar? cos my entire family hasn't got it b4..even though I've come into contact wif students who got, I oso din get it..*touch wood* How long will the jab last?

Corine's mum, my sis rented a jumperoo and some other toys from that webby you stated last yr for my nephew too..they will deliver to your place and collect back..quite convenient =)

<font color="aa00aa">rin,oh yes oh yes,that will be fantastic if you could bring ! I'm going to buy 3 beanies for Justin,so scared i buy wrong sixe!</font>

<font color="666600">Mummies, Whoever can make it for the gathering just come ok??

Pumpkin Seed: Thanks for sharing!

Pei: Thanks for sharing too. If u haven to borrow before Fri, can u bring? Thanks in Advance!

Rin: Glad u can come!

Powerball: Rest well hor. N kiss Dexter for me..Poor boy..

Rose: U really wanna let Justin try the headband on Fri huh. I have baby gals clothes leh. Prob we can cross-dress our boys this fri. :p</font>

powerball >> take care and rest well.. where you live?? i got neem leaves i can give you ... it helps with chiken pox healing ... indians believe in it and usually put some in the room, in their pillow, drink it ( leaves plus hot water like tea) and some even make into paste and put on the pustules..
its actually best to go thru the chicken pox period without meds cos it helps your immune system "remember" the infection so gives you better immunity against shingles which can be fatal..

RIN >> i probably wont be going to the gathering this friday ... but i can meet you at compasspoint if thats easy for you?? lemmknow, you have my mob. and yup i have your shields!!

Dexter appears only ok as the pox not all out yet but he like got a bit of cough. He is now taking the bb version of the meds i took when i came down with the chicken pox.

I checked the book n the jab is when they are 1 years old.

The vaccine is not 100% and is one time but better than nothing. A lot of $ and time spent if mother and child sick. I had to get my old CL back just to help out.

Rin, if i were you, i would take the jab. My husband rushed to take it and cost him $110 as he does his own biz so cannot afford to fall sick. Last time when i was young, i also did not get infected by my sister. But now, hardly go out since my delivery but still can kenna. I can count my fingers the no. of times i went out and where. But suay means suay.

Breastfeeding
i was hoping to do it for a year but i started working and very hard for me to go and pump it out as i work in a lab ..
yesterday worked a whole day and forgot to pump.. then when actually remembered i forgot to bring the pump!! sighs.

Thanx for the book tip.. will go and find it..
=)

Back