(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

<font color="119911">my chest freezer full liaoz, hb asked if i wanna get 1 more to store, shld b able to fill up in 1-2 mths time n stop completely, wat u ladies tink? cant decide whether to stop nw or 2mths lata, signzzz.</font>

jam
that happened to us with #1 at compasspoint. just arrived and bb sleeping soundly in baby bjorn, suddenly bb started crying and screaming until the whole face red. even to the point mouth open screaming no sound come out kind. everyone was staring at us like "dont you know how to handle your bb?". as new parents then we felt so malu, quickly go to changing room to change her diaper but no use, still crying. there was another bb in the room with mom and grandma, they asked if we needed help and the grandma started suggesting everything that could be wrong. i really panic, hide into the nursing room with bb and hb. lol feel helpless didn't know what to do. end up making up some formula and feeding her though it wasn't her feeding time yet. she drank and went back to sleep. after a while then we dare to leave the room. heehee

lilmoo, i also resorted to making milk immediately to 'shut' her cries, she din want to drink initially, continued crying, after that i think she tired liao, so started drink. HENG ah...after that she went back to sleep loe...

gg to zzz le, tired man....night everyone

dodos
i got the shopper bag.

karrie
you also got sucked in? :p which one did you get?

kris
you can really produce a lot of milk. if you can pump more then bb can drink ebm for longer. do you rotate? or you just freeze?

wah me super bz.. with the emergencies i had to attend to with bro and all... haizz.. just manged to peek in to read.. enjoy ur gatherings mummies..

Kris.... i will transfer u asap once i settle down things.. donno IB go where.. haiyo... and BTW.. get one more chest freezer lah.. u got such got BM supply that is the envy of many mummies.. let little Kerryn (did i get spelling rite) to enjoy more of ur precious healthy BM .. how about B1 last time... u only filled up 1 freezer??See u so small and slim.... can produce so much of milk.. peifu lehh
sad.gif

Rose... hope i helped a bit with the translation u needed

Karrie... i lost ur no as i accidentally deleted all smses.. where i stay again.. mind smsing me.. if i go collect frm leereiner maybe can collect frm u also?

JAM... what an adventure u had running aft the cab.. did u go and scold him... abt ur experience with Andrea... poor u .. dont worry lah not ur fault that she cried... babies have this on and off

<font color="119911">lilmoo,
i rotate, nw bb oreadi started drinkin thawed ebm and freshly pumped ebm. i let my #1 drink freshly pumped ebm oso, she dun wanna drink the thawed ones.

ida,
last time my neighbour dun have bb, so i filled up her freezer oso but nw cant.</font>

<font color="ff3366">JamGal: What an adventure?!?! Actually u handled it quite well alr...that taxi driver is so typical!

Reminds me of what happened whenever we bring Maverick out. #2 is like #1...Merlion King...#2 merlion @ Pd, @ Parkway Parade Ya Kun, @ TMC Delifrance &amp; endless times on me &amp; hubby....made us even more paisay...we tried everything...cover him from head to toe like a mummy, burp him several times within one feed, dun carry him after feeding....all no use...then sure got very "free" aunties come over &amp; ask u WHETHER U KNOW WHAT U ARE DOIN!!</font>

question time:
- do you place baby in lying position or semi-recline after feeding?
<font color="ff3366"> semi-recline @ angle of 45 degree from horizon.</font>

- do you keep your leftover fm and try to let bb finish within that hour? if so, do you leave the bottle to warm or just let bb drink cold?
<font color="ff3366"> Mine is ebm, I would keep it warm if baby is awake &amp; may drink soon, else I would put it aside &amp; heat up later.

HTHs</font>

lilmoo, can post pic of your okiedog? The shopper bag cannot hang on stroller right?

Karrie, which okiedog design you bot?

I really like both sumo and the special edition. Feel like buying both but cannot ley. Hb will kill me. Wanna see more pics after putting in stuffs how it look like and which is better.

Catherine, wah you got 2 merlion kings, i got 1 oredy buay tahan, always merlion till everywhere
sad.gif

thanks for answering my questions eh..keke...

i've been using NUK teats since day 1, recently found that andrea is always not finishing her milk, especially the last bit always take so long to finish. i thought she don't like the milk, or milk is too cold, or the teat she doesn't like. decided to change to the original pigeon teat that comes along with her bottles. this morning, she managed to finish the whole bottle in less than 5 min..hopes she keeps that up every single feed....

anybody wants to try bumwear? i have the starter kit (4 covers and plenty of inserts) to let go.. decided we didnt want to use them in the end.. brand new... washed to get the nice softness..

kris &amp; lilmoo, why must rotate thawed ebm &amp; freshly pumped ones? N after the 6in1 1st jab, do you still bring bb to PD or GP for growth assessment, does the doc fill up the healthbooklet on pg7?

dodos
i thought all their bags can hang on stroller? i didn't try as my stroller is not very convention so i won't be surprise if it cannot hang on my stroller. will try to take pix, what do you want to see? the sumo is really big, i like the design from the website but when i saw it at the expo, i find that it is too big for my built, best you go down to M&amp;B store to see all the designs in person.

jam
i think the nuk teat same as medela's, my #1 drink quite slow with medela teat like very xin ku, then i change to pigeon teat and she's happy can finish milk quickly. since then we used pigeon until she self weaned off teat. now #2 using pigeon also.

chocz
with normal freezer in fridge, ebm should be kept 3-4 months at most, so by rotating the frozen stash is more fresh. also ebm change with bb's need, so by rotating the bb will drink ebm closer to bb's need in a certain stage/period. my bb's 6 in 1 was done by pd, she did the growth assessment and filled up the health book.

mousy_pig, for the jab i went to GP n i did tell nurse that i want to do a growth assessment but GP only took the weight of bb den didnt fill up health book...n i chck the receipt, only charge cost of jab.

lilmoo, oic...now must start rotating my gal's feed liaoz. Thks

Anyone using avent teat 2 for baby already?

Audrey, u keen to meet at vivo on Friday ah? Anyone else keen? Actually can meet at punggol plaza but quite far off though!:p

chocz, growth asses also done by my GP before she gave the first dose...she filled up the health booklet too! but i had to pay i think $15 xtra for the asses

rose, can order 2oz desitin one, but i usually only order 4oz cos its much more worth it mah..tmc shop sells the 2oz, but more ex than the 4oz i sell!

<font color="119911">chocz,
coz the content of the ebm is different at different stages, so rotate so dat bb can consume those dat r 1-2mths ago.

kerryn is takin rotavirus n prevenar, so she c doc at 6th wk, 8th wk den 12wks, quite evenly spread out.

lilmoo,
i was at PG just nw n wanna chk the suki's child age for u but the shop not open yet, tink u got to call them liaoz.</font>

chocz, same as KP, the GP whom I went to did the growth assessment before the jab, it costs 10plus dollars in addition to the cost of the jab. You wanna call up the clinic to ask?

<font color="ff3399">Jam, u really drama leh.. kiki like siao charbo chasing the cab rite.. is it u keep waving ur hands like crazy then the cab driver scared so faster speed off.. kiki.. somemore u so tall sure the driver shd be able see u in rear mirror.. then maybe he see u so slim n tall tot u sprinter so let u chase alil bit lor..

but seriously hor, sometimes they fetch so many ppl until numb liao, so b4 get off n paying must tell them still got things in the boot. or if u alone, can even request if they can help u take the stroller out cos u carrying baby n diaper bag mah..
happy.gif

re: BM fattening baby
actually i think bm fed babies supposed to be more lean n michelin cos bm v easily digested n is 80% water ma.. but i also guess my baby double her birth weight at 6weeks cos bm more fats cos the bottle always v oily compared to the FM fed at night..

jam, i kinda feed cait when she's in a sitting position with her head tilted back, so the milk will flow down, then near the last 20-40ml then i let her drink more horizontal so she more comfy if not she'll wriggle.. then if she let out big burp i let her lie down with a pillow below to prop up her head or lie sideways in case she vomit n choke herself..

then if there's leftover more than 50-60ml i'll keep the fm in warmer, sometimes even to her next feed.. dun wanna waste fm mah.. but i read b4 if bm there's antibodies so can keep, fm no antibodies so keep at own risk la.. :p</font>

Talk about merlion..8-( my dear son just merlion after I fed &amp; burped him an hour ago...he suddenly cried, i rushed over &amp; picked him up &amp; he merlion...*sob* *sob* I changed &amp; cleaned him, took a both (cos I also kenna) then come out...he slept soundly...duh....

Rose: Dun need to get the 2oz Destini...what I did is I took some &amp; put in a small nice container then can put Destini, 4 pcs of diapers, Ruyi oil into a wet bag...

kekeke Jam,i can already picture a xiao char bo with long arms long legs chasing after a cab kekeke but dont say u lar,if it is me,I will surely do the same too!

Can understand the embarrassment from a wailing baby.That time when he was born,we took him from nursery and he started crying and we didnt know what he wanted.Felt that the way back to nursery was so long and we had so many curious stares from visitors!

chocz
rotating is good, just use milk bags faster.

mousy
i am using the normal (classic?) pigeon teats, now still on S. bb drink 3oz can finish in about 10 min.

marie
i went on 27th may (bb born 10 april), so it was a few days after she turned 6 weeks. the next appt is mid aug.

kris
thanks for trying. later will try to call and find out.

ow, wat difference do u find in using teat 1 vs teat 2? flow faster so will baby choke? how's chelsea? drinking more now?

KP: ya e flow is faster, but chelsey nv choke becuz of e flow, i changed cuz she was mkit of pekcek noise den when ever she drink so i change to teat 2 den she drink properly.. anyway nw she is drinking 110ml-140ml every 3 hr..night time last feed ard 12 den slp till morning..

<font color="aa00aa">catherine,good idea about storing Desitin in small container.Now my target will be looking for small nice containers!!Kekeke</font>

<font color="119911">rose,
can combine order wif march mummies n get 10% disc if we got 10 orders. but muz confirm by 2dae. if u wan let me noe nw n i ask her hold for a while.</font>

KP and Audrey, i keen to meet up at vivo this friday too! then i can collect the destin cream from ya.

mummies, din login cos feeling upset over weeknd...damn sim tia! my freezer broke down during the weekend and most of frozen milk which i stocked up for work has thawed! in the end have to throw away abt 20 packets!!
sad.gif

<font color="119911">cocobunz,
ur freezer is the one wif fridge or the chest freezer? muz b damn heartache.

rose,
i got the large size coz let #1 bring sch to bring back her clothes, towel n bedsheet to wash daily. if u onli wanna keep bb's used handkerchief, medium is gd enough. i had a medium one for bb when i go out.</font>

kris, the freezer is the frige 1...sianz rite..milk thaw ordi muz consume within 24 hrs rite, else muz throw away rite?

i aso been thinkin of getting wetbag! if i want to store wet diaper and dirty clothes, M big enuff?

<font color="119911">cocobunz,
thawed milk muz b consumed within 48hrs. so can drink for 2 days. den u got to get a new frisge ah?

wet diaper not throw away??? dirty clothes got to b large liaoz, dun tink can go into M.</font>

cocobunz, ok let's meet up on Friday for lunch at Vivo ok? Create a list here:

12th June Fri - Vivocity (Suggest where to eat?)

1. Cocobunz
2. Audrey?
2. KP

Kris, cos SK too far leh, and i'm free on Friday leh..heheh, join us lah, then SK meet on thurs??:p

Back