(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

<font color="0000ff">Edj:</font> TrU changing pads is juz a rectangular pad 2 put under bb during diaper changing. Their disposable bibs r veri popular - itz like OOS 3-5x I visit TrU so u gotta try agn. If u wan I kan help lookout nxt Tue when I bring Bastion 2 Gymboree @ HFC coz I always pop ovr 2 Vivo 2 get groceries. TrU disposable bibs r thicker compared 2 Mothercare ones &amp; cheaper 2! I incl TrU bibs in2 B1's 1st bday loot bags in 2008 &amp; hv been recommending them since
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">Eviangal:</font> Juz wondering if a poncho wld b better 4 rain protection coz u gonna sling Val? I imagine quite hard 2 hold umbrella in windy conditions. U r petite so if u don a poncho, there shd b lotsa breathing rm 4 Val
biggrin.gif

kris, powerball, both of you cannot be fat lah no matter how much you eat!
happy.gif
Ya, I forgot the bash is on 8/5, maybe not good idea to go on 7/5.. Promo is till end june, so can always pick another day to go.

edj, promo is for whole table, 1 card will do. Oh and OCBC Robinson card they accept. It's $40++ per pax, 12pm - 2.30pm at Marina Mandarin.. Eh if 28/4, pei and kris cannot make it, should we pick another day to go?

Kidz: Ya lorz.. I also thinking of getting a poncho. Is it better to buy disposable ones? or reuseable ones? Seldom use poncho so not sure also..

Pravina: How about we have both cake and cupcake? But dont order cupcake from PG. I find their cupcakes pretty expensive.

Also, should we have a gift exchange huh? As in every baby bring a gift so that every child gets to bring a birthday gift home. But this time round, we pre determined who we getting the gift for.

I personally think enough toys to keep the babies entertained liaoz.

Gallop,

i am okay with other days in june also but not last week of june coz i will be away....

why dont u decide on the date then?

so next wed, where shd we go?
happy.gif

Lunch @ ???
28 Apr, wed
Promo:???

1) Gallop
2) edj
3) kp?
4) Audrey
5) Powerball
ANyone else wants to join us?

Kidzs,

yeah i guess as much..luckily i didnt buy..
happy.gif

anyway...some of the nice mummies here are passing me some disposable bibs already...i dont know how many will i have coz i havent collected..but if u happen to see it at [email protected] let me know..thank you
happy.gif

Powerball,

dont worry lah..doesnt look like u r that sort who will put on weight...
happy.gif
esp now that u r still BF...all the nutrients will go to Dexter..so dont worry..eat more....

edj, want to go peekaboo on 28/4 instead? Or other places that the babies can play?

Peekaboo or other suggestions with play area
Date : 28/4 (wed)
Lunch ?

1) Gallop
2) edj ?
3) Audrey ?
4) KP ?
5) Powerball ?

Anyone else wants to join us?

Gallop,

actually i was thinking about peekaboo too...
happy.gif
okay i am fine..what about lunch?where can we eat? where did u gals go the last time?

Lunch ?

1) Gallop
2) edj
3) Audrey ?
4) KP ?
5) Powerball ?

pinkypink, the promo till end june, so you can still join us since we've still not set a date yet.. School holidays start end May right?

Gallop, don't mind having the buffet in June though it sounds faraway but guess there will be other promos to keep us occupied.

RE: United Sq Fair
Anyone going as i want to know if ELC toys ie trains, cars are heavily discounted.

Lunch ?

1) Gallop
2) edj ?
3) Audrey ?
4) KP ?
5) Powerball

edj, last time we had lunch at Kallang Seafood again..hahaha..
Go there again? Don't know whether the rest mind or not.. but it's very convenient, very baby friendly place, quiet and lots of baby chairs

Gallop, hahaha!!! The waitresses recognise our babies and us liao
happy.gif
But u are right. The place is empty so less embarrassing when the babies start their screaming competition. We shld ask for loyalty card.

powerball, you are right! But the waitresses are also happy to see our bbies, entertainment for them too.. but already 50% off leh, don't think they'll issue loyalty card lah..
I already forgot abt the toyfair until you mention it.. trying not to buy toys so better don't go
happy.gif

powerball, I'll ask my cols to help u check!

Gallop, its actually a kidz bazaar! Here's the details:

From Thursday, 22nd Apr 2010 - Sunday, 25th Apr 2010
Check out the Kids Bazaar Sale at United Square Atrium, B1 for up to 70% off.

Participating brands:
- Levi's Kids
- adidas
- Osh Kosh B'gosh
- FOX
- ELC
- Popular
- Growing Fun
- bloom B
- Kinder Home
- carter's
and more...

Visit to find out more.

Thanks baby_mummy for the info. Anyone knows if Metro sells thermal wear?

Is it necessary for us to wear thermal wear whilst in Japan?

Yeah May got Hols, but i got lessons on certain days still... bah.

BUT in June im free!!! And after june too!
happy.gif

But in June certain days free also! If u all go to mandarin now, must go again in june k!

as for the bash, hi-tea would be what time ah? Cuz the booking is til 330 only. Or you can take the evening booking instead which starts at 4pm til 10pm. Let me know if need to change k.

I may not be free that morning itself, but will try to help out once i get back cuz tt morning is my school function, i just realised!! *scream*

Lunch kallang seafood (looks like here it shall be..
happy.gif
)

1) Gallop
2) edj
3) Audrey ?
4) KP ?
5) Powerball

Joie,

re baby food in US...what flavor did u order? nice?
i dont know if i shd do the same or just get them off the shelf when i reach there...

edj, my gals love the puree from sproutbaby. I will order Rice Peach Pudding, Oatmeal apple, and I will order the fruit flavours, the Yukon with Parmesan and just add in brown rice cereal after heating the food pouches up. It's so good that I do order them into Singapore on a regular basis for my gal. The good thing about ordering the food online is that once you arrive at the hotel, the food package is already waiting for you.. no hassle to go and look for food stuff.

But if you make your first stop the supermarket, I am sure you can find all kinds of baby food, diapers etc for your little one in USA. USA is the land of plenty..

Eviangal, it's a little bit different in Japan. Cos the supermarkets don't usually carry baby food and diapers. I went to the Taka and Isetan supermarket.. usually directed to the kids department area where there is a baby corner that sells food. My advice is to bring a full pack of diapers so you have no worries about the diapers. The Jap mummies usually buy stuff like food and diapers from Babies r Us or Akachan.
http://www.akachan.jp/store/

Joie: Ya.. Understand that in Japan it might not be as easy to buy food off the shelves and diapers. I need to start packing this weekend already. Otherwise no time. Will be bringing my own diapers and food stuff there.

See ya at lunch tml. Let me know how much to pay you also. Need to prep.

Joie: Oh ya, did you go to Disneyland? What rides can we take and what rides can we not take? Is it recommended to buy the Express pass? How did F Reacted to the characters there?

edj,
for baby food in US, best to bring something that your baby likes and slowly mix in the US foodstuff.. cos they might reject new flavors

pinkypink,
i'm hoping i can come by the condo early to prep the place...
but if other mummies want to hv it abt 4pm .. i'm oki with that too...

<font color="aa00aa">mummies, please lemmknow if timing for bbash party is oki or to change to 4pm onwards...
then food will be more dinner kind..
lemmknow soon so i can arrange with mum's kitchen.</font>

Joie,

THanks..maybe i shd try and order online also...but te sproutbaby food, can we get them in the shop also or just online?

Pravina,

thanks for the reminder..yeah i will bring some jars over just in case..he doesnt like the food there or couldnt get to the supermarket in time...
happy.gif

Eviangal,

When is your trip? u r going to start packing? actually maybe i shd also...seems like lots of things to pack..

eviangal, for disneyland, it really depends on the weather.. if it is rainy - quite troublesome. But in disney, you can rent strollers, rain covers for the little ones. So you can rent on and put Val in so she can sit back and enjoy the parades...

The disneyland has a great corner to change diapers, sell some baby food, loads of hot water and places to clean your bottles (they provide pigeon cleaners etc).. It's near Tomorrowland.

I think for little ones, Toon town (Toon park is quite fun for the kids to crawl/walk) and Fantasy land (it's a small world etc) will be fun. Faith went onto some rides, saw some parades and watched the 3pm show at Tomorrowland where all the disney characters came onto stage to perform. She was so excited during the show.

Depending on where you stay in Tokyo, it will be easier to take the JR bus from the bus station at Shinjuku Takashimaya to Disney directly - cos if you take the train, you got to walk quite a bit to change trains and from the train station to Disneyland.
http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/tdr/english/plan/access/shinjuku_bus.html

<font color="ff6000">joie,i will always take the train whenever possible in japan due to bad traffic jam during peak periods like morning/evening.When I went to Hokkaido,I took bus from airport to hotel and when I returned,I took train from hotel to airport.The latter saved me 1.5 hours due to no traffic jam!</font>

hmmm, i think having it about noon/1pm is good too cuz babies all different sleeping patterns but i think most sleep ard 4-5 right? Then dun want them to be cranky cuz we'll get stressed. Then bedtime is also ard 7-9pm for most...

What say guys?

ponymummy, i agree train is better mode of transport in Japan. But during non peak hrs, better to take bus to Disneyland.. drop you right off the entrance :)

I took the bus there and took the JR train back. Changing trains at Tokyo station after a long day.. walking 20min to the next platform was tiring..

Hi Eviangal, I bought a Hello Kitty kimono for my daughter at Sanrio shop. Very cute.

Also bought lots of kids clothes at H&amp;M Shinjuku. I was luncky that they were having 50% discount off most of their clothes. The outlet at Harajuku doesnt carry kids, only at Shinjuku.

<font color="ff6000">eviangal,not sure if they changed it but last time I went,no need to pay for disneyland speedpass le.Just need to go to the machine outside the particular point of interest to press for speedpass foc</font>

Pravina: we still can haf 10% discount,probably can haf 1 Figurine 1 Cake (3kg) approx $100 after discount. Or we can make it more interesting by hafin 2 cakes for 2 genders (boys/girls).. or we can also haf 1 mothers' day cake... U can go see the mothers' day catalogue on the website.. makes me drools...
`

ow_mummy, i saw your post the same time i was looking at the PG catalogue. So tempting hor? I wanna try bandung n tomatomizu. hehe, one for my bday and one for mothers' day! yay!!

<font color="119911">pravina,
i tink meetin at 1pm will b gd. we can order the hi-tea menu, its sufficient for lunch coz i juz had a few seesions frm neo gdn tis mth.

owmum,
i tink we shld get a mothers' day cake coz most of bbs' bdae r over le, wat u tink?</font>

Edj: My trip is on 11 May. Need to start packing liaoz. Then at least if I need something can go and buy still.

Ponyo, Baked Potato, Joie: Thank you soo much for your wonderful advice on Japan. Really very helpful. Will take note of all of them during my trip there. Save me alot of trouble. First time there la.. blur blurz...

Edj: My trip is on 11 May. Need to start packing liaoz. Then at least if I need something can go and buy still.

Ponyo, Baked Potato, Joie: Thank you soo much for your wonderful advice on Japan. Really very helpful. Will take note of all of them during my trip there. Save me alot of trouble. First time there la.. blur blurz...

Eviangal,

oh we r going around the same time...i am going on the 14 May...
happy.gif
yeah i have started thinking what to pack also..the more i think, the more items there are to bring...jia lat..

Hi edj,

will you be ordering from sproutbaby.com? can me get a few packs from you eh? me dont need so many leh....

Hi eviangal,
countdown to Japan ya... me still remembered that me packed my luggage, or rather my 2 kids ones very early... like 2 weeks or more... scare miss out any barang barang, esp those need to bring along to baord the plane ya...

Disney - speed pass - no need to pay extra yo... we like winnie pooh car ride, very nice yo yo... and small small world... can start to sing the song to your jr now then they will be amuse of the "world" keke... its better to bring own stroller , the dinsey one can't be incline leh... then how to sleep comfortable eh...

Back