(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

tktOTTS: TAKE CARE!

AUDREY: yea, i used their post natal care set also...haha..my mum family since young haf been using.. i think nw 3rd generation ardy..=).. when chelsey turn the right age to take vitamins, i will give her tak the nutrilite kids daily=)... i ate those when i wasa kid too..so i hardly fall sick.. U buy urself or via others?

<font color="0000ff">Tktotts:</font> Hope you all r coping well. I think it is a blessing 2 b able 2 pass on peacefully. Datz wat I hope for myself when my x comes. Hey, I wanted 2 tx u for helping me 2 pass out e alphabet mats @ Taka Fair on Thu. W 8.2kg Sebastian strapped 2 me, it wld hv been back-aching wk 4 me 2 bend down &amp; straighten up repeatedly
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Marie:</font> Taken note of the red mat dat Mummyyeo wants. I've PM u my acc details, pls ask her to tt $18.10 2 me.

<font color="0077aa">Electronic Alphabets Mat:</font> Final call, I'm going to order 2mr AM so pls let me know by 10am Mon if any more 2 add on.

Marie,
Thanks for coming down to pass me the stuffs!
happy.gif

Tan,
Your ABC mat and Calendula Cream are here, meet up with you soon to get the Angel wipes from you k.
happy.gif

ow_mummy, for the wet wipes case, can we replenish with pigeon wipes? I am v tempted.

I burnt a huge hole at taka bb fair. I got the free bike from little t!! Now waiting for delivery on wed.. so I'd know what I bought. HAHA

Tktotts, take care and be strong..

HLW, can collect from u on Tue probably in the afternoon when i send Giselle to my mom place? she going to stay overnight as i need to attend the teacher day dinner, don noe if my mom can handle cos scare she cant hear her..

LUNCH TIME GATHERING

3 Sept (THURS)
Time: 12PM
Venue: Toa Payoh

1. Audrey
2. Bb_mummy
3. Yvonne

Mummies!! Add your names!! =)

Tan,
No problem, I will be home. If it's too troublesome for you to carry the wet wipes and Giselle, I can come collect from you later in the week too.
Eh, why is your school's teacher's day dinner on Teacher's Day itself and not the day before? Cannot fetch Giselle home after that, your mum is staying in Yishun right?

okie for me cos hb not working mah.. so he will sent us to my mom place. cant leave Giselle with him. he cant handle her one..
Oh, not sch dinner but represent sch to attend the teacher day reception at istana. had to report to HQ at 4pm and they had buses to send u there.. the event starts oni at 6pm. by the time the whole event finished, i guess is like 8pm liao.. i veri kiasi one .. now 7th month, don wan to bring her back, so let her stay at my mom place. this fri also staying at my mom place cos i got meet parent session tilll 830pm..

Tan,
Oh I see! Actually now our babies are older already, should be easier to handle? In the 2nd month after my CL left, I was very tired having to wake up at night to take care of bb, so during daytime on weekends will ask my hb take care while I zzz in the afternoon. That time my family maid hasn't moved over yet. Think he is used to it already, plus I was bfding, so my girl fussed a lot when I fed her with bottle but not my hb. Think maybe you can slowly train your hb to take care of Giselle then it will be easier for you, and can have more rest too, esp on weekends. I hate staying for all these sessions till night time too, must sacrifice family time, haiz. Nevermind, start of Sep hols soon!
happy.gif

hi ladies, cant join for this week's outing cos my parents are off wed and thurs this week..have fun
happy.gif

HLP, hope u like the pink bib!

KP,
Haven't gotten the bibs from Marie yet, will get from her next week. Saw the pink bibs from Bjorn website, so nice wor! Luckily you got me the pink one hee...
happy.gif

HLW, my hb tries to feed her but she always fuss alot.. oni occasionally, he lucky then she willing to drink.. to Giselle, she see her daddy as entertainer and not someone who take care of her, cos everytime when my hb talks to her, play with her, she will smile or giggles.. but when he wants to feed, she will make alot of noise. and my hb, night time, he too K.O. to wake up...he can sleep faster than Giselle, for him, once his head on pillow, u count to 5, he is sound asleep liao. so if i put bb to his care, i think when i come back, bb eyes still Big big but hb sleeps like a log...hahaha..

LUNCH TIME GATHERING

3 Sept (THURS)
Time: 12PM
Venue: Toa Payoh

1. Audrey
2. Bb_mummy
3. Yvonne
4. Rose

Mummies!! Add your names!! =)

Yvonne,

I bought an avent breast pump that is abt $270. The rest are some bb food maker set and lots of travel stuff eg travel bath tub, disposable bibs etc. Its a pity there is no additional 10%!! I think the fair still has abt 2 wks more to go... so not much rush. Many are still hoping taka will throw a surprise with the +10% during one of the weekends!! But I can't afford to wait liaoz as I'm flying off next week alr!

But I feel the taka cashier service this time round is much betta. I went alone but had 2 FULL baskets. And the cashier packed into 3 big bags. The guy actually helped me carry all my bags to the delivery counter leh! So touched!

The moment that sent my heart thumping was... the free gift was left with only 2 pcs!! And heng ah.. I managed to get it! What a close shave! But hor.. I forgot to exchange for my avent free umbrella.

The promotors for this fair is quite lousy.. esp AVENT and MEDELA.. they recruit either very young girls or very old aunties.. who knew nothing abt breastpumps and breastfeeding. One auntie dunno that the electric pump can convert to a manual one. They were still learning how to assemble the parts!!! The medela young gal is even worse.. I told her the pump and save bags cannot use for freestyle.. she says CAN! Now I chk the website.. i think cannot loh... sigh.. super poor pdt knowledge man.

I'm am disappointed that avent and medela would just hire anyone to be their promotor. If I am a first time mummy... I would just buy PIGEON loh... they are better in their pdt knowledge!

bb_mum,

oh i c, u bot big ticket item.. when i saw yor post on burnt a big hole in yor pocket, for a moment i was like can't wait to chiong taka bb fair n thot tat u burnt a big hole bcos got a lot of good buy..

<font color="cc6600">Tktotts: Take care. My condolences to u and ur family.

Yvonne: Ur cream is with me. Prob we can meet at Punggol Plaza next sat.
happy.gif

HLW: No prob. Nice meeting u n Raeann. She such a sweetie pie. So pai seh to forget to bring the baby bjorn bibs. I've asked my ILs to remind me to pass them next fri when they go back Sembawang.
happy.gif

oshgosh: Can u help me check with Belinda when is the stock for Sea Turtle cmg in &amp; the cost. Thanks.

RE: Taka Fair
My damage only $50. Phew~ a pity they dun sell NUK products at all. Tot of getting more teats.</font>

o ow: u never say u want to let go ur bumbo seats? hai..
i just bought it at taka fair.. now i only need to source for tray..

<font color="aa00aa">Mommyyeo:</font> U r welcome. Btw, ur PM setting nt activated under your profile. C if u wana turn it on so some x we can juz PM u direct 2 ur email as diz thread moves veri fast most days
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">baby mummy:</font> FYI, when u nd 2 replenish 4 disposable bibs can get fr Toys R Us their housebrand -- comes in box of like 20pcs, price is abt $6.90 -- comes w crumb-catcher pocket &amp; dbl-side tape 2 kp in plc. I use 2 buy 4 B1 &amp; even put in2 her b'day loot bag 4 her Infant Care frenz coz veri practical item
wink.gif

baby mum, i am interested in the travel bath tub and disposable bibs - What brand and how much do they cost?? I am also hoping they will introduce the 10% before the fair ends lor:p I actually went with hubby on sat again and wanted to buy a few things but the queue was terribly long and hubby said no point queuing! Wanted to get the duckies that rose got!

<font color="0077aa">Electronic English Fun Mats:</font> Elizabeth of Motherpalace says this item OOS -- think Apr mommies cleared 4 her
wink.gif
Bt her stocks in this wk so I'm hoping 2 collect by Thu so give out by Fri...

<font color="119911">3 Sep Gathering @ TP:</font> Any1 noes where r e nursing facilities around there? KP hv? Keen 2 go bt juz wondering abt diz. Other challenge is diz wk my parents' car sent 2 wkshp so it'l b 1st x outing 4 me 2 bring B1 &amp; B2 out by myself in order 2 send B1 2 CC. Wl b back 2 old routine of taking taxi coz e CC's away fr main rd &amp; we dun hv direct bus... I'll probably book taxi 2 come 2 my void deck rather than try 2 flag 1 down by busy main rd. Dun wan any of her TT-antics 2 go awry since it'l take longer 4 three of us 2 get in2 taxi dan if juz B1 &amp; me
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">Girl &amp; Girly Stuffs:</font> We ordered e Haenim Big Blocks 4 B1 whc she loves. Her daddy's been hving lotsa fun bldg 4 her 2. I came home fr mktg on Sat 2 find he's built her a dresser (there's a part w a foil mirror) datz convertible into a Pricess Throne. Anyway, she asked him 4 lipstick! When I came home I gave her an Avene lipbalm 2 play w. 15mins later I found e empty lipbalm stick &amp; B1 w nicely 'waxed' lips -- up 2 her nose!
biggrin.gif
Last nite daddy took 1 layer of blocks out 2 lower e seat of e Princess Throne &amp; used it 2 make an attached toilet (w e door in e set) B1 loved e idea so much dat she went in proceeded 2 pull down her diaper! LOL! Told her itz nt real toilet, anyway she dun hv toilet paper inside -- so she asked 4 a roll... Aft dat she insisted didi use her toilet &amp; when I juz pretended 2 lower him into e cubicle she demonstrated 2 me dat he muz go in backside 1st thru e door -- itz so funni 2 c a child's imagination take off
biggrin.gif
The Big Blocks' $149 well invested 2 kp Princess &amp; her Daddy happy!

<font color="0000ff">John Little Member's Preview Sale 1-3 Sep</font> Shd hv gd finds as well. @ previous sale can even apply for e JL Value Card there &amp; rec'd mbr's rebates on e spot.

<font color="aa00aa">Isetan Member's Sale</font> Diz e one worth waiting 4. Bt dunno when leh, last 1 I chiong was in Mar... So shdn't b too far off. I so blur on Thu, had planned aft Taka 2 go Isetan Scotts 2 redeem my Isetan vouchers (accumulated fr pts fr e Privilege Card) bt 4got 2 bring e ltr. 2day (31 Aug) is last day 4 collection so I muz rush there later. Some more I gotta go office &amp; wl hv 2 bring B1 along coz her CC closed two days. Hubby dun hv lectures 2 attend 2day bt he'l stay home w B2. I muzn't 4get e ltr this x! Mayb drop by Taka Fair agn -- didn't cover e whole thing
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">Hair Loss Tonic</font> Hey, I started using this Natur Vital one fr Spain, bought @ Josephine counter in Guardian. So far so gd. UP$48 bt now til 15 Sep got 20% off so onli $38.40 &amp; it comes w 100ml free hair-loss control shampoo (4 normal hair). E shampoo is reali gd coz aft juz 1 use my hair was veri soft &amp; smells great 2 -- b4 it was dry coz I had coloured it 2M back... Now waiting 2 c if e Tonic can produce as gd results. My fren recommended - she bought e $180+ anti hair loss shampoo &amp; conditioner fr BP bt found it didn't wk as gd as this Natur Vital one.

Yvonne, I wouldn't say the sale is bad lah.. it's the same as Isetan in terms of pricing. The only additional benefit is we got the 6% rebabte as members and delivery services. Hence still quite ok lah. Isetan only offers 3% for sale items.

I also bought the stroller arch.. got music one leh. I like the songs. Hehe might be meeting oshgosh today to collect bug and go sale again!!

Actually mothercare also have 20% off storewide i think. Mummies who needs NUK urgently can consider going there.

KP, I also got the travel peapod. It's a portable baby bed! Very cute and safe. Most imptly, its very very light.

I think after my trip, I can advise on the things to buy and use for travelling liaoz! Haha..

I got myself a collapsible bowl from a pet shop!! Using it to warm milk outside. It's really pretty in PINK and most imptly, SAVES SPACE!!

KP, u have any idea Singapore airlines allow check in of stroller at the gate?

Kidzkidz, private sales usu happens every qtr. That is, March, Jun, Sep and dec. So SEP IS COMING!!! NUK usu has 30% there.. so I shall wait. hehe... I bought the tommy tippe disposable bibs. I think it's the only one available there. Will check out the one u recommended. 20pcs! Cheap leh! Is it waterproof? just hope I hv time to hop by toy r us!

ow_mummy! Sounds like I should get the case!!! So when u pull one piece, do I need to put my fingers in and dig out another piece?? Have to right? Coz pigeon doesn't overlay the wipes for the small pack hor?

babymummy, er, just get the huggies wet wipe case from Sydney! Same function as SkipHop and once you personalise like what I did for my wipes case, will look just as nice if not better :p
Wow, I want to be at your house when the delivery comes.
Baby mummy, can let me know where you got the collapsible bowl please?
Stroller can be checked in at gate.

Where exactly is Thurs gathering? If need to carry stroller up the stairs again...

lilmoo, my 2oz baby cubes have not popped open as yet. Think there is a difference between 1oz and 2oz.

Mummies, I sent e-mail to some of you for the Nestle cereal at half price. PM me if I missed you out.

Any mummies want the Munchkin Duckie travel bath tub?? Let me know soon because I will exchange at Taka if no takers. Need to collect at CCK or next gathering. $28.

I need to buy cereal for my baby liao... He finally reach his 5 months soon.

Anyone know which brand is better? Nestle or Heinz..

<font color="aa00aa">bb mummy,the collapsible bowl idea is very cool leh.Show us what it looks like though..

re: skidhop wet wipes dispenser.I'm intending to use it to put dettol wet wipes inside to disinfect stuff.Justin now has the habit to touch the table,table cloth,swipe at my glass,touch my food,basically very itchy hands these days.It irks me whenver I see him touching the restaurant tables!

Re: bb cubes.Jac,yours is the 1 ounce or 2 ounce ones? Yours doesnt pop open right?</font>

Hi mummies,
Calling for help!
Do you have any good confinement nanny to recommend? My nanny has been with me for 2 months and shes going back this saturday. However, i would like to continue having someone to take care of my baby for another 1-2 months (Sept-Oct). I'm looking for someone who is good with managing high maintenance babies (feed every 2 hours and needs to be coaxed to sleep, and recently, having problem poo-pooing). Nanny should be hygienic and with a friendly/smilely disposition.
Since everyone here would have just completed their confinement recently, i would very much appreciate if you can recommend any good nannies to me. Pls PM me.
Thanks heaps in advance. :)

Back