(2009/01) January 2009 MTBs

Ashley : actually there're 2 sch of thots... 1 believes in letting the kids self-wean naturally.. ie, let them decide when they wanna grow up... the other believes in weaning the child off at certain 'cut-off'... i think most wkg parents will adopt the latter... I'll like to adopt the former, but there are always some 'buts' at the back of my mind... plus hb & MIL hv been telling me it's time to wean him off... sigh...

nova : Enjoy ur pregnancy! wow! i m soooo mssing those preggy days! haha... i think we shld be in ea other's friends' list, else i won't be able to see your updates under "News feed"... anw, i'll pm u my email addy... =)

nova: I also hope can join you, but too many concerns. Hope your MS is getting better!

gelato: you are the mummy, you decide whats best for your baby, of cos, sometimes there are a lot of factors which affects our decision. I think there is no right and wrong, just preferences. Whatever decision you make, I hope your family will support it!

gelato, do you have any article to share on letting the kids self-wean naturally? I tried a few times, and he cried so badly and i gave in.

Ashley : ya... i m still taking a day at a time... trying to drag & drag... hee...

can share ur concerns for holding back on #2?

chere : if you google "self weaning" or "child-led weaning"... there're many articles out there. I've also read the testimonial of MIM's owner. Her 3rd kid *suddenly* self wean at 3.5yo. Btw, self-weaning will most likely happen later, not at this 1yo stage...

<font color="119911">Samval</font>.
yup, I'm giving childlife colostrum. tagged along with one of the mum to purcharse online. cheaper than getting fr GNC. my caregiver gave her alternate day if she dun remember, then will be 3 times a wk. for chinese powder form herbs (renshen and dong chong cao), she gave her once or twice a wk.

<font color="119911">novakido </font>,
not advisable to take the child along into the delivery suite. my fren's hubby nearly fainted when he saw blood.so think a child will be scare then.

<font color="119911">janjan16</font>.
hmm..yr gar 's hair natural curl?? haa..too bad, my gar can't have long hair if not rashes will find her. so ppls think she is a boy which making her angry.

oh...siong wor..working 7 days a wk no rest day?? so Shyan will be like kolea bear to u....l mean very sticky tou....

yup, kid memory is like camera wor...

<font color="119911">Ashley </font>,
wow, wean in 4 days so fast....no engorgement??

<font color="119911">gelato</font>,
same thinking loh esp during no 1 time, I cried when wean off....got so much mixed feeling....haa maybe u moo moo till last drop of bm loh...

thanks to all!

can anyone share how tall is your kiddo now? yesterday JH went for MMR, the nurse measured JH and say he "ai zai"! only 75 cm! 25% leh... i was wondering sure boh? cos i saw leon and kevan slightly shorter then JH still... we all 25%? but weight is 90%, 11.5 kg.

gelato: I think maybe I am quite a perfectionist. I hope that my baby will be able to grow up in an environment full of love, care and concern. Like what i have experienced when i was young.

Family support seems like a luxury to me, it would be best to be able to quit and stay at home to look after my boy, however, that will land all the financial pressure on my hubby. I would like to share the financial burden with my hubby too. IFC, nanny,maid. These 3 options are not what i wanted for my baby, but i don't really have much choice. IFC = frequently sick baby, heartache but then again, not much choice. Even a simple request for help to place my baby together with my helper at their house when he is sick is too much to ask.

If i plan for a number 2, am not very confident that I am able to provide the time and attention that he/she should be getting.

Ok, it sounds like I have a sad life, but actually its not, cos i have a very nice and supportive hubby. With one baby, we are able to cope, think for number 2, I will have to wait till I am brave enough again. Hee.

thanks suika... me EDD is end oct wor.

gelato! finally got u. i thk its ur new FB account wor i dun have. i have ur old one is it? hehe actually not looking forward to the 2hrly feeds when baby is out leh! so tiring hor!

ashley, ya now appetite very good hehe no more MS but need to remind myself not to overeat otherwise always very bloated! hehe... wish i could help u! i m getting a maid soon too, my friend might be dropping of her baby at my plc too coz she is gg to work and she has a lot of problems with someone looking after her child and the IFC we been to near her plc dun look very nice too...so i a bit feel sad for the bb so might help her look after...

dazed: no lar. i thought JH look tall as well leh. Kyan also less den 75cm, think abt 72cm nia... wow. really heavyweight leh!!!

ophe: can i deposit Kyan at your place too!? hahaha

dazed: its ok lah, Shyan also mah, ht is 25%tile, and wt consistently 95%tile, ht-wt is abt 75%tile. so the nurse said not too bad, just the ht slowed down abit. she also went for her MMR ytdy. hehe. so qiao.

ophe, I thot my #2 delivery will be relatively pain-free too cos I decided on taking epidural long before birth. I cannot be further from the truth! I had so much labour pain cos it came earlier than expected, thankfully I was at inlaws plc and even then Ashton was shocked to see mummy in pain. Enjoy your pregnancy! Its so nice to know that you are having #2 soon. Do you know if its a boy or gal already?

ni, u sure u want to give up yor little helper at home? He is doing a good job cleaning up the floor
happy.gif

cherry: haha. this lil helper is giving more trouble than helping.. HAHAHA. now i understand why u mummies rather have them to walk slower. have to monitor all the time...

snow_baby: i am using drypers for day use. not bad la, only complain is the sticky tape noisy. haha

ni: pass u my lil helper also. she can help to keep clothes. pull from the bamboo and throw into the laundry basket for dirty clothes... and everytime u ask her to help, she will gladly come and help. esp when cooking. she will grab my legs - so helpful right?

Janjan/ni, my gal loves to help too
happy.gif
If she makes a mistake, she can even say sorry, very polite baby. And she learns bodyparts through hands-on learning like eyes by watching mummy apply eye shadows, cheeks from using blusher, concealer and lips from lipgloss and lastly mouth when I asked her to open her mouth "aarh"

Dazed: Are you sure the nurse did not make a mistake? JH looks tall in pics. Yen was 75cm, 8kg at 1 year old. Haven't send her for MMR, so dunno yet. But we've been weighing her on &amp; off, still at 8.5kg mark. Her feet are small though... still 12cm &amp; cannot fit into any of the shoes I bought! Argh!

cherryale: be careful w her watching u apply makeup. my niece watched her mum and she used magic pens to draw her eyes and mouth. then she say she follows her mom to put on make up. lol. so funny. in the end, my mum has to clean her face with mama lemon cos ordinary baby bath cannot clean out the pen marks. so funny

Cherry/ Ni: I'm interested in doing the photobook. But when I look at the pricing, there is such an extensive list. What do they really mean? Which options should I chose? I want to try out something.. then if it is nice, will consider doing a 10th Anni Photobook later this year.

dazed: huh ? JH 25% ? then Leon must be 10% lor ! I think the nurse made a mistake with his height, u use the measuring tape measure again ? he looks at least 77cm to me...

ann01jan: not surprising leh.. shyan looks taller than JH, ad she's only abt 75cm.. and the nurse mentioned that her height has slowed down, but weight is still quite consistent.

i think it is still alright. jsut make sure he has a balance diet and is healthy can liao.

dazed: congrats!! ZH went for his MMR 2 weeks ago.. 79cm - 50% and 10.8kg - 75%..maybe the nurse didnt measure JH properly...?

ni/snow_baby:i am using wee wee dry for day time too and yups, the sticker is very noisy.. but other than that.. quite okie la..

<font color="119911">dazed</font>,
think mine shd be 70cm++. last measurement of height is in Dec 09 - 74cm. but weight only 25%.

<font color="119911">Ashley</font>,
oic. anyway, u are very gd liao..give yr boy bm for so long. hmm..why not send yr boy to ccc when he turned 18mth? then plan for no 2...onyl sibling is quite lonely loh...

<font color="119911">janjan16</font>,
arrrr.....it looks very real leh..can't tell it stick our fr the bandana.haa like that, shyan looked ard 2-3 yr old wor...

<font color="119911">ni</font>,
I agreed with the toddler walking, adults need to hawk eye on them. they are so curious that they like to touch here and there, rack things and for mine, he like to destroy things. now, opening kitchen cabinet and managed to turn the mini 5 tier drawer side way when I turned it reverse way to prevent him fr opening it liao. really buay ta han...my gar not like that one...hai..think boy are more active...

<font color="119911">EmQ</font>,
oh so Yen is 8.5kg, same same as my boy. doc said he is only 25%.

Talk about MMR, u all bring ur kids to MMR le ah? I haven't bring bravier go take the jab yet.
Totally forgotten!!!
alamak!

he's having slight cough and flu. can still take anot?

nova: Pretty, thanks! So sweet of you, will try to get things to work. Ya, i feel you should have a maid to help you now that you are preggy with number 2, becos our toddler is now like energizer rabbit and now preggy will feel tired easily. Take good care!

afcai: ya i agree, no siblings will be lonely, but maybe like you say, wait a while first ba.

wah...like that think kyler is a shortie and also very small size..his weight only 10.1kg 2 weeks ago...HT i think 74cm or so...
my SIL one already 12kg and he is wearing size 6 shoes le...kyler only size 4...

ashley: i believe you are very independent after u gone thru everything ..i can see how nice your hubby is to u...stay happy alrite??
and enjoy yr holiday!

mercs: Kyan even smaller size. 9+ kg only... haven hit 10kg yet. to think he so fat during his infant days! hahaha.

ashley: ya. no siblings very lonely one. but SG have too many childrens are expensive!

EMQ: yah a few different size of photobooks to choose from. for me, i chose the lightweight one. softcover. easier for me to carry ard to show frenz. but i am thinking of doing the embossed one too, let me accumulate enuff photos 1st!
happy.gif

ni, need to bring along the maid liao... then i can open child care centre!

dazed, caleb also short short... hehe

cherry ya ya... my first one i tahan until last half an hr used epidural really mind over matters but i thk i want to go through this one comfortably since i already know what the pain is like haha... not gg to find out the gender leh, hopefully my gynae wont accidentally forget and tell me all abt it..want it to be a surprise on d day. me and ni the same like boys! but of coz gals and boys oso can as long as healthy hor

EMQ, I did two 40x40 square hardcover wraparound photobooks recently. For my son, I did a embossed hardcover and 1 softcover but I think the wraparound are nicer. I did 40 pages but added 12 pages for each of the photobook and its just nice. Cost about 100+ after the 40% discount. You can also get a cover for additional 10+ dollars.

ophe, thats cool! Nice to know the gender only at birth like how it was in the past before all thse sophisticated machines were available.

jan, i do not have magic pens, so maybe she will use crayons
happy.gif

Congratz nova for having #2.
I don't think we are allow to bring kids in labour ward. When i give birth bravier, i put #1 with inlaws. This August give birth to #3, i will put the 2 of them with inlaws too.
I don't feel gd to let them see our delivery process.

<font color="119911">xpink_xuanx</font>,
my boy also has not gone mmr yet. will be gg early next mth.FOC at polyclinic loh...

no no, slight cough and flu cannot take one. have to give full egg a week before mmr to test if bb reaction to egg.

<font color="119911">Ashley</font>,
yeah. think yr gar still young and mummy also would like to spend more time with her right before no 2 arrive if not no time for elder one liao.

haa..yeah, nowsdays kids are full of energy and active wor if compare to last time.

<font color="119911">ni</font>,
usually, infant are chubby. but after their jabs, they slim now. maybe after one, they slim down faster cos they are active, running everywhere.

agreed, SG too many kids ex and no manpower and energy too to look after. baby bonus also not enu wor...engage CL already $1700-$2000+ liao...almost half of the $6000 bb bonus liao...plus hosptialisation bills, follow up etc....sigh....haa they shd give FOC delivery wor...like that maybe can 'encourage' ppls to have more kids.

<font color="119911">novakido</font>,
me opposite fr u..I prefer gars. boy are so active. really drain my energy....

calling sperzz... u come back alr? fun or not?

nova, congrats on no.2.. stay cheerful and healthy!

bbstarlet, i'm the only one staying in clementi. haha, but they all like to come here for competition cos got me ard ma. lol (really thick skinned right?)

Ni/Cherry: How many pics needed to go into a 40page photobook? I'm thinking to try out a softcover... for the same reason as Ni... then can lug around &amp; kids can view/play. I dun want to create something big &amp; heavy - then end up kept in cupboard all the time. Also thinking of doing a 10th Anni Photoshoot &amp; turning it into a photobook too.. will source for studio soon..

afcai : oh! i din know its free in polyclinic. I better go book the appt soon.
I think bravier is allergic to egg as he start having rashes, flu after i gave him some. Gonna try it out again once he is fully recover. Thanks for the info!

I also started vitamins for bravier. Giving him scotts cod liver oil only. I think its good enough as 1 day consume already 15ml.

xpink, one day u give about 15mls ah? i give only 5 leh. cos i read the bottle it says 1-6 years supposed to be 5-15 mls per day something like that..

ok lor....mostly hse visiting. only 2 days we went for sight seeing. my initial plan was all spolit. during the flight, Delia was very sleepy but cant slp so keep crying, so paiseh

sperzz: welcome back! how come your inital plan was spoilt leh??? no need paiseh lah, kyan also cried during the flight. they young babies mah, no one will make noise de...

ni &amp; sperzz: that's y i dare not take coach to genting....such long journey n ppl sleepy....with Kevan's loud cries i scared later kana asked to get dwn bus :p

sperzz: food there ok bo?

sperzz/ni...i was reading this article in the Apr issue of Motherhood mag which feature this mummy's story about her horror night flight with her 2YO....she thot that night flight will be good since the toddler can sleep but she was very wrong as the child cry throughtout the 6hrs flight when all passengers on board are trying to sleep....total embarrassment she felt.

sperzz: u took night flight ma??

piyobaby: ok for me leh...nite flight kyler sleep all the way till we reached tokyo, on the way to hotel he also zzz
but when on the way back to sg...he was awake half the journey...so tired entertaining him...

welcome back sperzz. hope u enjoyed your trip.

xpink: i see. 1-6 yrs is max 15 mls ah? then i think 15 mls is for 6 yrs old rite? cos from what my PD tell me when we read labels for med/vit is if they put there e.g. "children age 1-6 years 15mls", means the max is 15 mls for 6 year old. so those lesser than 6 yrs should take 5-10 mls like that. dunno leh.

mercs: kyler so good sleep all the way till reach tokyo. i've not brought Zac for holiday yet. also dare not to bring him out, scared he get asthma attack in a foreign land. so gotta wait few more years i guess.

samval: ya lor..HENG he slept thru when on the nite flight...or else i also sure paiseh de...
but the afternoon flight, he only zzz like a couple of hrs...so me &amp; hb take turns entertain him lor..the idiot thing is he want to disturb the person sitting next to us la..so paiseh
u can bring zac to neighbouring country like msia? road trips should be ok ba??

mercs: ya am thinking of that too. go nearer better. now busy with the house and cant wait to move out... yippeeeee !!!!

Back