(2009/01) January 2009 MTBs

my bb start to have this habit of struggling to look for the teat of the milk bottle when its alread in her mouth.. and she get frustrated and start crying .. anyone experienc this?

piyo: i was told the same thing by 2 diff PD also. one told me that its ok to let bb drink water if they want and not via force. another told me it will disrupt thier milk feeding.. dunno which is which. i do give water in between feeds, but not everyday and amount is either few sips or the most 5-10mls. bb also dont like bah. hey, would love to meet u again. last time we met was at EMQ's place during BBQ. but i cant go to pinkie's hse leh. me got driving lessons that day.
sad.gif

Meetup at Bawbaw's place - 17th MARCH @1pm. (Near Serangoon MRT)

(1) Bawbaw

littlegifts: mt boi also like tat. maybe too kabchiong.. wat i do is i just hold the bottle there and twist a bit till he suck.

piyo: its normal for babies to feel lethargic, cranky, fussy aft jabs. dont worry.

Ashley: Who is your LC? Can recommend? My breasts are so painful and lumpy but I cant get any milk out.. help! Did ur pain clear after 3 days?

'NSEW' gathering @ Pinkie place (River Valley)
Date - 18 March (Wed)
Timing - 1pm
Lunch - order food? pizza?

1) Piyo & Zethan
2) Ni & Kyan
3) sperzz & Delia
4) bbstarlet & Crystal
5) willting & Juvius
6) Mint & Jewel

hi fluffy, have decided not to give him pneomoccoccal now. My pd did not give me the details, well maybe because i did not ask her. Will wait till my boy is 2 then. Thanks for info, fluffy. He has taken the rotavirus vaccine though.

sus: does the goat rue's work for u? cos it doesnt work for me. somemore i'm taking together with the more milk plus. waste money.

hey ladies, ya, i think its better we go bawbaw's house. i'll try to make it. sorry man, my house is in a mess - boxes everywhere. more environment hazards than anything.

ashley/ni/sus: yeah, i managed to clear the lumps. tdy bb latched on whole day, and i feed her almost every 2 hours. so the lumps all gone liao. hope they don't come back. so painful man.

finally have some me time
happy.gif
my gal super clingy today.."sensor" activate within 5mins once the bum touch the ti-lam or rocker
sad.gif

buttercake/littlegifts: welcome!

daymoon: received your pm le..thanks, from my place i will be taking bus 187..so i alight at bbdc? look forward to meeting u all

'NSEW' gathering @ Pinkie place (River Valley)
Date - 18 March (Wed)
Timing - 1pm
Lunch - order food? pizza?

1) Piyo & Zethan
2) Ni & Kyan
3) sperzz & Delia
4) bbstarlet & Crystal
5) willting & Juvius
6) Mint & Jewel
7) Dazed & Jia He

sus, my flanges no marking, but i measured, is 25 mm

today i received the pool and neck float... let Jia He tried... think neck float not comfy... he cried for a while, later then ok... then cried again cos hungry liao! but hor, really ALOT of water... will try again, but possibly when i have accumulated washing to do... haha... or many babies swimming together...

samval...perhaps diff pd diff school of thots but i kind of buy the story that it might disrupt their feeds so now we dun give plain water totally...just now after jab we try to feed him a little and realised that he's no longer loving it as much as before....would love to mit u again too....not possible to postpone ur driving lessons ar...timing coincide?

so it's normal for them to sleep more and feed lesser post jab huh....

afcai:hi neighbour!i am at blk 393,you?want to join the gathering at my place on thursday?i can pm u my address if u coming. =)

welcome buttercake and littlegifts!

cosy:ya,can alight at bbdc and walk up the slope.about 10 min can reach liao.

dazed: u tried the tub at home liaoz? how was it? realli needed a lot of water ar? i haven tried though. wonder if the tub is realli tat big cos haven open the box yet also. haha..

dazed: hehe got take pic? thanks for measuring!

janjan: happy for u! must maintain it. I cant clear it this way as my baby dun latch

gwen, which you bought? i bought 90 cm diameter one... yah quite a bit of water... many many pails... hehe... according to the seller, each time water cost is about 50 cts... so i suppose, still safer and cheaper then going public pool.

dazed: still got size? dunno wat i bought cos i got it from another mommy. u used water from the heater rite cos bb still young cant take cold water hor. cos someone mentioned that its better not to bring bb to public pool unless hes at least 6mths due to chlorine. so was thinking to let him try play at home 1st. haha.. the thot of using so much water n worry tat the water may turn cold after tub is fully filled kinda turns mi off.

i dun mind bawbaw place on 17th March, how abt my taxi kakis? willting or cherry??? but if 17th bawbaw place, 18th pinkie place ah? wow, me and kyan will be so busy. MIL sure black face show me. haha

dazed: ur boy so cute.. seems to enjoy playing huh..
wa.. so troublesome hor.. outside more convenient rite but more ex. tink i shld try on 1 of the weekends.

gwen, yah lor, outside is $28 per session right... occasionally play at home is ok lah... i think if at my place will be easier lor, direct from heater...

sus, difficult to load pics here cos need to edit to small size pics... hehe...

suika: u mean the pacifier leash? ya.. its not v ex.. tink i got mine from kiddy palace less than 10 bucks but a simple 1 lor..

dazed: ya.. not cheap.. mayb occasionally if lazy to
get the water, can bring bb out to experience cos theres 1 at harbourfront, quite near us.. after tat can go vivo n shop! haha..

pacifier leash, me almost bought today, but my mom ask me wait for sales... told me to get the chain type, not ribbon or string type. i saw giant sell, tollyjoy, $4.50, Piyopiyo $4.90...

dazed: i'll b trying out mine tml if weather is good.... mine is pool type not tub....we both can fit in together with bb....

dazed: mine is as big as a bathtub type...friend buy 1....damn big sia

Gwen: if tml weather good will video let u all see....my water bill gonna go up up up liao sia....but still cheaper then going out play lah :p

suika: ever since our bb 1st day back home, our bills have gone up lor: water due to more washing, electricity cos of hot weather.. sigh.. everything is money!

thank you for the welcome!

samval: do your bb drink enough even though he is struggling with the teat?

was wondering how often does babies wake up in the night? does anyone try to time their bb's feeds?

gwen: I'm waiting to see my next bill....guessing the water will shoot right up due to washing too.....but I'm using baby's bath water to mop floor everyday to keep cost down....

autumn: mi use the water to wash bottles to flush toilet n bath water to wash my balcony....heehee times are hard had to save more now

Gwen: mine oso gone up so much

littlegifts: Different babies have different sleep patterns etc. Some may sleep through the night from as young as 1 month, and some take 1 year or more...really depends. I used to time my first child's feeds when he was a baby, but now for #2, I just let her tell me when she needs her feed...since about 2 weeks old she has only 1 night feed, currently 7+ weeks old

suika: I used to use laundry water to flush toilets...but coz of c-sec, I don wanna risk carrying e heavy bucket of water.....so close one eye...plus...too bz

hey mummies,

been MIA cos sooo busy at home with 2 kids.. heng i PM jan jan, otherwise didn't know cancel.. phew.. keke..

pinkie,
i think i can join u guys. can PM me timing & address pls? first time meeting u all.. hope i am welcome!

Phew, finally caught up with reading the posts... took 2 hrs! Meant to sleep... but...

Ok, me going to bed liao... I hope bb dun wake up just I climb into bed...

LittleGifts: I don't time my girl anymore. These few nights after her last feed at about 9.30pm - 10.30pm, she's able to sleep till 3am - 5am when she'll poo..( she likes to poo during this timing since birth..don't know why).. then sometimes i will just give her the pacifier and she will sleep till 8am.. or she'll ask for milk. I'm already very pleased.. at least 4-5 hours of undisturbed sleep.

morning kelly, you're up early
happy.gif
me finished preparing bf for my gal cos she going to school.

littlegifts: once i hold the bottle in bb's mouth, he will stop struggling when he gets a hold of the teat. yours struggle all the way?

piyo: no cant change the driving dates leh. cos i'm learning from school and book online so very leceh if cancel lor. and time is 2.30 to 4pm...looks like i gonna miss this major gathering where i can see all u guys again from NSEW...

bawbaw: i'm ok with either 16 or 17 at your place.

Sus: Yes by the third day on medication i do not feel that pain anymore.I went to Lilian from tmc. If you went on Mrs Wong's antenatal class, she is the lady who always helped Mrs Wong in the class. Call to make an appt with TMC parent craft. Go only after you started your antibiotics for at least 3 days. You able to find their number ? Now i pumping in the dark, cannot search for their card. Will post their number later!

You got use cold cabbage? I did as per instruction from my Doc. Not sure will reduce MS or not, but at that time, i just wanted to feel better.

Back