(2009/01) January 2009 MTBs

gwen, i will ask them to deliver next mon, can collect anytime after that but need to tell me and i'll arrange to go over.

mercs, i dunno wor, my mom says just finish this bottle enuf liao.. hehe... too protective no good. anyway after this large bottle, me still have 1 small bottle of pigeon, so finish these first lor. yah use normal detergent lah, anyway still need to sterilise mah...

Finally got time to log on the internet...
happy.gif

Hi Kelly,

You are not alone. My baby usually take 125ml formula milk. Sometimes breastmilk. But there are times that within one hour, she cries suddenly, no matter how I pacify her, she just won't stop crying till I gave her some milk. So there are times within 2 hours, she can drink about 190ml - 210ml of formula milk. I don't want her to put on so much weight. Now at 4 weeks plus, she is already 5kg!! But no choice lor, when baby is hungry means hungry... :p

Gwen: Can we use Ergo for infant? Need to buy the infant insert right? There's a bulk purchase for Ergo. Thinking of buying

Mummies who are using pigeon warmer: How long do u leave the bottle in the warmer?

Hi Mercs,

She usually can finish the milk within 20 - 25 mins.

Today I brought my BB on the bus. Whaa.. quite stressed leh. Seemed like my BB is already addicted to "yao lan" cos when the bus stopped, she will start crying. Chiam ah.

Every strange thing is that during night time eps 10pm+ onwards, if I put her on the bed to sleep after her feed, she won't fuss, will fall asleep on the bed. But once the daylight is out, she won't go back to sleep after her feed. And from morning till late evening about 9pm+, after each feed, she just won't sleep. So after an hour plus, I will try to put her down on the bed when she fall asleep in my arms. But don't know every time why she will wake up again. Very frustrating, feel like smacking her.

Then my mum keeps telling me not to torture her, must put her in "yao lan" to rock her to sleep. Hence now BB seems to addicted to "yao lan". So now whenever I bring her on bus or mrt, I stress out lor...

regrading bottle wash...I switch between brands.....try testing! Agree tollyjoy seems more foamy.....but really more cheaper!! Farlin not bad...... smells like mandarin peel!

Is it safe to jsut use normal dish washing liquid? Think could save alot more money if do without the baby wash.....then again it lasts me a long time....

For bottle washing, I remember during Mrs Wong class, she mentioned no need to use special washing detergent. But I still use Pigeon. So Guess we can use mama lemon too. Just need to make sure we rinse cleanly

Cocoa, My BB is the same as yours. For night feeds, he falls asleep immediately after feed. Very fast! But Once daylight, at 6am, he refuse to fall back to sleep after feed. So I will play with him or put him on his chair. He will either play with himself, fuss again or fall asleep after a while. But lucky this happens during the day, not night

Ladies, are you ordering Fitti daipers? Have you tried the sample? I tried the Fitti samples and it didn't fit my baby well.

jasmommy, I'm not staying at the Kallang new flats, although I was given the choice to select them. I'm staying at Aljunied, 1 station away. Will be shifting to Bendeemer when my new flat is ready. Guess you're staying the closest to me. Seems like very few Jan Mummy stays East side.
happy.gif

I used pigeon dishwashing liquid. LIke mercs, I always wash and sterilise after I pump so it runs out quickly. Bought my refill from ntuc.. so expensive. $12.90. Will go to kiddy palace and have a look tmlo.

Coca: Wa. Your baby 5kg at week 4.. Mine only 3.7kg at week3..don't think she has reached 5 kg at week 4. But she's now week 6..I think she's having her growth spurt.

Does ur BB sleeps in hammock? I wanna to help her break her addiction to hammock leh. But I also worry that she is unable to sleep cos with hammock, she sleeps only about 12 hrs a day. Sign~

No, she is able to sleep on the bed during night. That is why I find it strange. How come she is able to soothe herself to sleep during night but as the day comes, she can't sleep on the bed. Even as I rock her to sleep on my arms, seeing her deeply asleep, I gently put her on the bed, she will awake within few mins. Sian!

mercsboy: wow.. u up level liaoz.. can now type with
baby on hand huh.. tink sooner i need to use my carrier cos today carrying him alone i simply cant do my chores. paiseh to ask mom to do. hubby gotta work. sigh.. huh.., 40 days? im at week 3 already so sick of those food. miss my cold drinks n ice cream man.. wonder if i can go back to my usual diet after my baby shower this weekend. haha..

dazed: okok.. u just pm me once u got the diapers and i will arrange to meet up for collection ya. looking forward to go shopping after my confinement : )

kelly koh: ya.. need to use the insert. i bought mine but haven got a chance to use. tink will try it on these days if not i cant go my stuff, haha..
since its abt the same price as bjorn, its worth trying ergo.

mommies: anyone been to any previous baby festival cos theres 1 coming up this mth end, thot of going but scared it will b a wasted trip if nothing much cos i stay v far.

twws:i can share fitti with you.me at bukit gombak side.

fluffy:mine bb also has small pimples,doc said its heat rash so now i dun swaddle him,anyway he also very restless when we wrapped him,so now,he just waves and kicks.

pigeon pads:ya,i am using it too,agreed that it is quite comfy to use. any BP for this?

cjteng, i used to use bjorn original which is selling for $139 at first few years now for #1. For #2 now I am using bjorn air, the material is the "holey" type so more airy and comfy for baby. It costs $169 at FFY, I saw for the same thing Motherworks is selling 200+.

mercs, maybe I am not so good with sling cos dun know how to tie it and I am constantly scared that baby will fall out. But one of my church friends has been using it and she carried her baby anywhere with the sling. furthermore, it doubles up as a nursing cover for her so she dont have to bring so many things out
happy.gif
So, if u can manage the MIM sling, then I think its really a good option.

mercs, the babysafe infant pillow is it the flat one? I have that too but no hole leh?

cocoa, your baby grows so well, 4 weeks already 5kg. wow, mine is 4.4kg and PD already said she growing well.

Autumn leaf, your gal is also called Ashley? U know I have been wanting to name my baby Ashley since 2005 but that time it was a MC, then 2007 I had a boy so decided not to name him that since in Asia, most Ashley are gals although its a unisex name. So FINALLY, I got chance to name my xiao baobei this name in 2008 Dec
happy.gif

anyone tried Goon diaper before? I have asked for free samples to try as other mummies in another thread said its cheap and good
happy.gif

My gal has finally fallen asleep and I am now expressing my milk to feed her later. But secretly I am hoping that she will do a repeat of last night, sleep till 6am
happy.gif
Then at least I can have uninterrupted sleep for a few hours. Just need to wake up to express milk ;)

btw, anyone using those baby rocker, the net type? Is it good? I am thinking of getting one for my gal so that in the afternoon, she can sleeps there as she doesnt like to sleep in the cot during the day, so currently we put her on the sofa which is not ideal

Hi cherryale,

I'm worried that my BB will be overweight soon at the amount she is drinking. How I wish I've lots of milk supply. If just giving her breast milk, I don't mind she drinks alot.

How do you manage to get your BB sleep till 6am? Me so envy....
happy.gif

cocoa, that's cos she didnt sleep from 2pm until now. She only sleeps intermittenly for about half an hour on and off.

For my #1, he sleeps till 7am when he turned 7 weeks, I wished #2 will be the same. U can read Gina Ford on sleep training. Basically, its to feed mostly in the day, and sleep from 7pm to 7am.

No choice since your baby is hungry, just got to let her drink. But maybe can distract her and lengthen the time between feeds? I know its tough when they cry.

Do you roughly time how much ur baby sleeps?
There is a few times, from morning till 9pm +, my baby sleeps intermittenly for about 15 mins on and off. So total she only slept about 10 hours a day a few occasions.

Now with the hammock, it's much better. She sleeps about 12 hours a day. At least I'm able to do my own things.

Hi, sorry to intrude...

got a Medela Pump In Style Advance with warranty til Feb 2010 and Avent Manual breast pump for sale (both pre loved). For more details, pls PM me. Thks

cherrydale:u refering to the yao lan?i let my bb sleep in there during the day,but after a few days, he wants to be rocked in the yao lan then he can sleep.but its cooler for baby during day.my boy dun like the cot during the day.cry the moment i put him in.but at night,he is okie with the cot.

sperzz: is the fitti s the one with the blue color plastic strip one? i saw kiddy palace usual price is $5.50 for 26 pieces, so 2 pkt $11 will be 52 pieces already. the promo only 48 pieces but which type is it? i also find that fitti is almost as good as pampers and much cheaper. drypers n mommy poko have all leaked for my boy most of the time until i scared, free also i dun dare to use. end up must clean him up n always change clothes

sperzz: fitti also got NB size? I ordered S, dunno if my boy can fit cos now he using Pampers NB.

ni: Im wearing breast shells everyday. Personally find it very comfortable leh, keep my nipples protected and no one seems to notice. I dun use the milk collected lah.. cos over the day, dun dare to use liao.

blessedmum: The MIM sling is complicated to use a not? Tie once or need to tie everytime? I also looking for easy to use sling. Got an infantino baby carrier from friend but think sling is easier to put baby in.. is it?

cherryale: We using Goo.N now. Not too bad though the NB cut is a bit biggish side, but no leakage yet.

Kelly: I dun leave the milk in the warmer at 40oC beyond 30-40 mins. Cos every 10oC rise in temp, reaction rate doubles. So 4 h at room temp shelf life, u can just imagine how long at 40oC.

Cocoa Tan > hw u tie the hammock in ur hse?

mercs > i heard the kids link very expensive 1 leh,my friend's sis went there
for some time,den cannot tahan,end up went polyclonic

ladies > me tryng not to go out too often after confinement,so tht i can have
an excuse not to go back in-laws place for makan.anyway i need to pump
frequently also,go out also not convenient.

u all wear breasts pads at home?? meann u all wear bras at home?
paiseh to say,i didnt leh.

me went PD for checkup,bb now is 3.56kg at 30days old,normal? i forgot to ask e PD

bbstarlet: hv to wear bra lo.. otherwise, cant wear the breastpad leh.. if dont wear, will leak.. lagi worse.. for the sake of nt wetting ur tee/blouse, hv to wear bra to contain the breastpad.

sus: the check-up can be done at the GP too.. i'm gg to GP for my girl's check-up..

bbstarlet: I suppose also need to depend on bb's birth day. I think close to 4kg is ok ba... I took bb to Polyclinic today for her 2nd Hep B jab. She's 4.13kg at 4wks+ & just started to take 120ml. However, nurse says that's too much for a month old bb. She recommends to reduce to 90ml every 3hrs, saying bb may put on too much weight. But I notice that bb is only 50th percentile only - meaning should be average, rt?

bbstarlet: starting i no wear bra n it always leaked wetting my PJ lor...den later can see the stains there n my PJ now got a smell so now i wear bra n the pad to prevent the leaking staining lor

EmQ: my PD oso says so....he calculate for us and says my boi weighing at 4.48kg now oni needs 84ml...he rounds up to 90ml....but he says if bb wans more can give but no nid to up that amt during the feed....so now we giving him 100ml (coz always got left over at the tip there mah) to make sure he at least got drink closed to 90ml....if not enuff we make another 20ml more to make him happy

suika: Thanks for the contact.. but please share your bb's experience here le... think I saw in a website (can't remember which) that can start 'swimming' as young as 2mths! I think main thing is bb's neck must be firm... even the nurse says so at today's check up...

She says, oh just to let you know, we always check bb's neck for newborn cases... she commented my bb ok, very strong, but earlier bb has to be reviewed... dunno what la.. then I just read my bb's health booklet, realised Dr did not do eye checks, just wrote 'sleeping'...

hi mummies

I have a vr experience javanese massage lady to recommend.

package

$500 for 10 sessions( each session 1 1/5 hrs)

pakcage inclusive

-full body massage inclusive of massage oil
-jamu wrap inclusive of a new binder
-free 1x of whole body scrub

sms 98572771 for arrangement.

precious_bb: i live in the east too. but the farthest east.. tampines. ya i discovered nt many mummies live in the east hor... alot west...

dazed: i also using tollyjoy cleaning liquid. i like the smell too. hee..

bbstarlet: i cannot dun wear bra leh, mt tshirt will be soaking wet when i wake up. and ladies, do u findthat ur breasts auto leak milk when ur baby cry??? is it call the mother instinct???

mercs: i m also typing this post with one hand. the other carryin bb..

thanks gwen i thk i shall do that too, keep all the ebm in the fridge then at the end of the day mix all up and freeze!

ladies just have my first experience with a harden area on my breast last night, can be very painful! took me about 4 feedings and massages to get rid of it hehe!

mercs and ni, i've always been using single hand to type haha. super slow and always have mistakes!

EmQ: coz i'll be bringing my bb for jab very soon so will try the float after that...in case bb 'touch wood' catch a cold lah... heehee

ni: at times i oso got such issues wor....my bb cries for milk den my breast will leak abit too but now milk supply like getting lesser n lesser liao ley....it's mother's instinct? i thought it's coz times up to pump oni.... heehee

suika/ni: It really is the mother's instincts =p This is also a form of let down reflex! Sometimes just before bb starts to move even....i will get it..so i aga aga know she'll will cry soon

Autumn: before bb even cries??? WAH!!good ley...at least can prepare...not like mine, once eyes open that it....must hv milk in his mouth if u too slow he'll start screaming......heehee so based on the timing must pre-prepare his milk coz now i seldom latch him on directly

anyone knows the answer? I have been carrying my bb mostly in upright position since day 2-3....and her head has been quite strong, as always lift it away from my shoulder her self, but I support the back of her head la. Is it bad for her back or anything though?

She seems to have alot of air, thus she burps easier when upright..... just dunno whether I am too rough with her or not as gotten used to handling my elder child...

suika, sama sama... me warming milk now even though his eyes not yet open... keke...

me also one hand typing now, the other holding pump... haha...

autumn leaf, is it? before bb crys? i actually dunno leak a not... cos using breast pads... hehe...

ladies, i'm experiencing alot of sharp shooting pains in both breast... normal?

autumn, my gal loves the upright position, maybe she is so used to being carried in the carrier. I read that it is the best position to comfort a crying baby. I think it is fine as long as the neck is supported. Mine likes to put her head on my shoulder. How old is your #1?

sus, I shall wait patiently for the goon samples
happy.gif
but now they increased their delivery charge to $8 due to increasing cost.

ni, i also stay tampines, but my plc quite far frm central, nearer expressway, loyang.

dazed: the sharp shooting pain.. are they letdown?

Autumn: My girl also prefers upright position. I read a book saying that babies who are colicky or have a lot of air prefer upright position. Just make sure that the neck is supported.

Suika: Same here.. my girl will scream if we are too slow in preparing her milk. So I will TRY to prepare if i see her stir in her bed. Sometimes it could be a false signal and if my warm milk cannot wait, then i have to wake her up. Warmed EBM must be finished within an hour right?

Cherryale: I think goon not very cheap ever since they increase the price. I think it's 18.80 for a pack of 52.. it's about 36cents per piece. It's about the same as mamypoko.

kellykoh: the pigeon washing bottle one very ex hor...i damn heartpain when i pour in the refill then i wasted some...stupid bottle when pour in the refill will overflow..

cherryale: ya the infant pillow is the bigger one with holes leh...latex one...maybe the cover is too thick so u cant see? and washable also leh, wash liao wont out of shape

Back