(2009/01) January 2009 MTBs

willting: wah.. so exciting! u can get to see ur bb in a month's time! so fast! Im 4days behind u.. duno when I can see mine though.. *nervous*

morning ladies! nice cool morning! =)

miaiko: u back at work? recovered yet?

samval: missed u yest.. how was ur proud moment? hehe did u tear?

bluen: ure petite too? wats ur height? so exciting for u n miaiko wif early edd =p

woke up early to do my blood test reading =) cos need to do at regular times. its thurs!!

sus: ohaiyo! had ur breakfast? U r really brave. gotta do this test on a daily basis. Think I will cry if Im in ur shoes. Me feel better today.. so back at work.

Hi sus, I'm at 1.55m. Dunno if the extra preggie weight made me any shorter..haha!
I have a feeling I might pop 38-39 week during Christmas - try to entice baby to see the beautiful Christmas decor.

morning sus! yes yesterday was a very proud and emotional moment! but no din tear, was actually controlling. paiseh lah, so many parents around.. hee
happy.gif
u jia you!

miaiko: morning! you 4 days behind willting? u how many weeks now?

Miaiko: Thanks for ur sweet comfort alwys =) Glad ure better today le.. today weather still funny funny.. take care of urself okie??

Bluen: hee Im 1.54m. Havent met u in person b4. How much weight did you put on so far? oh a Christmas bb is so nice =)

samval: wah! did u take many photos yday? mus capture all these moments leh. Me wk32 nw.

so sad... last nite.. I found a few stretch marks on my tummy! argh!! *cry cry*

hee samval, I was gonna ask u whether u took a lot of photos too =)

miaiko: patpat.. me also have stretch marks.. its our proud mark of motherhood lor =p

hi morning everyone! Wet morning today!
Woke up at 3 plus.. neither me and hubby can get to zzz... haha.. didnt wake up until now.. think poor hubby is late for work

mercsboy/ piyo: yes i was given ventolin.. told w have the side effects as mentioned by piyo.. so far so good..

willting: i checked w woody abt cordlife too. Apparently he has also banked in his children's one. To him its like buying a form of insurance lor.. but im still considering leh.. last time our parents time also no such thing... dunno if its worth investing..

dazed: where do u stay?

gastric still feels funny today.. still feel bit nauseous want to vomit like that.. was feeling all body ache, leg ache... damn sian..

sus: hmm but stretch marks so ugly. Im slapping alot more stretch mark cream on the marks now. the marks feel quite pain. maybe coz very fresh..

Last visit to gynea a mth ago, she said my placenta moved up a lil. But I duno hw much is tat. Hope it moves up more coz I wana try natural delivery.. unless my bb too big.. which might be the case.. haha.

Hi blessedmum, do take care...the weather pretty erratic so don't kena rain when you go out. Seems like some of our 1st trimester symptoms like nausea can return in 3rd trimester, I have been feeling nauseous too...

Hi miaiko, I'm a Dec baby myself and always loved my bdaes during this Christmas month...hope baby feels the same. By e way, r u Jap? Hubby and I adore Japan and can't wait to bring our little one there too! Hub is 1/4 Jap...so I think junior will be 1/8 Jap? *hehe*

Hi sus, my weight gain is 10kg - now @ 56.5kg. Gynae say will probably gain 12 kg in total at point of delivery, told me not to diet but also not to binge esp on carbo lah or else baby too big hard to push out for my small frame.
What's your gain so far?

Morning Ladies!!

aiyo..what a nice weather..yet still have to come to work..
sad.gif

Blessedmum:still have the feeling of vomit ah..try to drink some hot water..see will get better?? I also having hard time to sleeping..tummy getting tight and cant sleep and wake up for toilet break....and sleep until tis mornig..but still very tired and sleepy..haiz..

mercs:Great to heard that you are feeling better..hehehe jiayou!!

suika:they are saying what piyo mention..so if you want,I will check on this sunday and buy for you.just tel you which one you want..ok.. flannel wrap (can be used for swaddling) from TMC which is 2 pcs for $13 and washcloth in which one pc can last for abt a mth - 7 pcs for $3.80.

cjteng: realised i cant drink too much hot water.. will just add on and makes me feel more nauseous.. damn sickening lor...

bluen: u r so light! only 56.5 kg! thats slightly more than my pre-preggie weight lor!!

Miaiko: okie keep us updated this Sat.. my gynae also say mine moved up a little but still low.. last lap to go! so exciting!

Morning blessedmum: patpat, u still home today? manage to eat a little yesterday?

Bluen: Sounds like u put on good weight for pregnancy.. just nice =) I put on 7 kg previously but since Ive got diagnosed with GD, lost some weight, now stable at 5 kg. Hope to put on a little bit more, still abt 8 weeks to go =)

Hi miaiko, after give birth can continue using the stretch cream minimise the marks. I'm using Mothercare's Mum & Beyond, it's a new range $19 per bottle for pre and post preggie...so far so good & love the smell...of course I can't see if stretchmarks have appeared on my butt...but I think I see cellulite there! ARRGHHH!

Hi samval, I think all parents will be very proud of kids when they do well, you must be beaming with pride - hey you also carried your little genius for 9-10 mths - Credit goes to you too! Your family must be really happy.
How did the gynae swap go? U decided not to?

sus/miaiko: i took only 2 photos but my hubby filmed the whole event! hee hee. total around 3 hours spent there! hey, my last visit last week, i also asked gynae if placenta has moved up and she said moved up a little but not totally yet, thus will monitor. hmm.. i also wanna go for normal delivery cos i'm never a fan of c-sec (unless due to complication/medical reasons).

Hi sus...take care take care, all will be well. JIA YOU! Last leg of race to go!

Hi blessedmum, but that extra 10kg is very heavy for me already maybe cos I hardly exercise except walking during shopping. I hope can lose it and maybe more after birth...also can't be too ambitious since wanna breastfeed...baby comes first ya?

Hi Miaiko...hubby's grandma 100% Jap, grandpa Indo-Chinese. So if i simple count, I guess hubby considered 1/4 Jap? We travelled to Japan twice within 6 mths just can't get enuf of the country - mainly the food lah *yummy*.
Been to Matsuyama, Osaka, Kyoto, Tokyo, Yokohama, Kamakura, Sapporo, Sounkyo, Asahikawa.
Hope to explore more...maybe can't be so gungho already with baby in toll.

sus: wow.. wish I only gain 5kg. But i've gained double! sigh.. gotta work hard to lose weight.

bluen16:eek:h.. i long had stretch marks on my butt. got it after puberty when I suddenly slim down. and tell me abt cellulite. got lotsa at my butt too! yikes!! The Mothercare's stretch mark cream really gd?

Samval: yah lor. Let's hope our placenta will move further up so we can try natural delivery.

that reminds me.. i forgot to ask woody abt my placenta.. the first time he did mention mine is abit low.. im assuming since he didnt mention subsequently. it means its ok now.. think i gotta check it out my next visit liao..

sus: manged to eat a little.. but was unable to finish, still left abt half... no appetite leh.. hopefully today better..

I don't gain too much weight..last visit gynae told me overall I only gain 3kg..sound a bit strange rite....she say as long as bb got absorb the food then will be fine la...

Hi good morning ladies… it’s a rainy day again today… my marketing director saw me in the lift, mentioned, this kind of weather we should be sleeping in! I agree!!!! Hahaha

Oh ya, I read thru last night posting, someone mentioned about sterlising right? Just to share what I learnt in my MT A anenatal class, the nurse mentioned, if u are using sterilizer, need not put the sterlising tablets/pills. But for me, I buy avent, it comes with a packet of pills, u will need to wash it for the first time with that b4 using. As for the milk bottles/teats, the nurse mentioned, once u sterlised, do not run under tap water again, if u need to wash, wash with cool boiled water.

Good Morning, everyone. =)

sus : Thanks for checking out the nursing bras. =) I've already got 6 pcs fm Mothers En Vougue - m wearing them now as maternity bras, & will use them as nursing bras aft birth. =) perhaps I'll hunt for another 1 or 2 pcs of cheaper ones when i go shopping. =)

ladies : thanks for missing me & my xiao bao bei yestd... hehe.... I may come in here less often these few days, been busy at work...

Babystarlet : I'll like to add on another 2 boxes of milk bags, if you hv not place the order. If already placed, then it's ok. =) (I finally recall i used to get "The First Years" & "Gerber" bags at ard $17 per box during special offers... so, $6 a box is a steal!)...

Ladies : juz to share with u, i ever asked my gynae's opinion abt cord blood banking. He does not think it's necessary UNLESS we hv family history of blood disease.

Cjteng: 3kg?! only?! How I wished!! I gained like 13kg already leh!!! U must have controlled your diet well. Envy…

Bluen16: wow, been to Japan twice in 6 months already… wow… how nice! I love jap food too. Oiishii!!!

bluen16: wah.. sounds like ur family is japan fan! haha. yes I muz say the food is fantastic. I wana bring my lil one to Japan too.
happy.gif

ni/miaiko: at first state I cant really eat much..then follw by 2nd state my dinner also don't manage to eat cos I order those tetak..sick of the food..and now 3rd state liao..start to eat more..specially rice..that's y bb gain more and is slight overweight..

By the way,about the sterlising,I still don't get hw you all gg to wash it? piyo..mention have to put a drop of the deterg ah? what deterg is that ah?

hi bluen: i decided not to swap cos din wanna complicate matters and also paiseh leh. so think i will just go with the flow lor. wow that day she was really in a bad mood sia. maybe she read the forum abt me talking abt her! oh..

Bluen/miaiko: We also Jap fans! I watch Jap animes until no more nice ones to watch liao hee.. We also love Japan during our trip there.. its so beautiful and the food is really oiisshhii! Cant wait for preg to be over can enjoy the food again! =)

Gelato: The nursing bras at Mothers En Vogue good and cheap? I still looking to buy them. Where to find the shop?

Cjteng: Good that ur system so efficient, all go to bb =)

Ni: I was late for my class so I missed all on the sterilization =p thanks for sharing!

cjteng:u need to wash the bottles in a bowl of warm soapy water first.The drop of dish washing detergent is put into the bowl of warm water, not directly into the bottles. Then rinse under tap water. Only after cleaning, then u sterilise.

sus: oh yes.. u mention u oso Jap fan! haha. welcome welcome!

me been getting heartburn lately. seems quite bad. maybe coz of this, I din eat as much as first and 2nd trimester. Hopefully this will prevent me from gaining any further weight :p

Samval : dun think she'll be so free to read soooo many pages of forum... haha... if i rem correctly, i think her father is/was oso a gynae.. hmmm... can't imagine she's a doc now, i still rem her in pinafores... haha...

sus : 1 pc is priced at $29.90 i think, i bought @ 2 for $50.00, not exactly cheap, but cheaper than those fm Mothercare, & bcos the material is knit, it's very comfy... I tried & purchased at BHG Bugis. Alternatively, can order online or go to their shop at Orchard Delfi - http://www.mothersenvogue.com/index.php

sus:but hor..all not gd stuff..haha only some birdnest is gd stuff..the rest of the food..I don't think so..:p hahah

miaiko:correct me if I m wrong..so we only put the bottles to soapy it..only wash outside of the bottles but don't let the detergent go into the bottles rite? then follow by wash it with tap water..before put inside the sterilise.

cjteng:
1) put a drop of dish washing detergent into a clean bowl of warm water. Stir to mix.
2) put the bottles that u wana wash, into this bowl of warm soap water.
3) use brush to start cleaning the bottles from inside out, with this warm soapy water.
4) use soft sponger to clean the teats and the screws.
5) pour away the soapy water, and rinse the bottles under the running tap to wash away the soap
6) put the clean bottles into the steam steriliser to sterilise.

Samval : Nope, never keep in touch. Me & her belongs to 2 different era, even tho we were classmates for 2 years... haha... she speaks more English, came fm rich family, & super smart; i used to speak more mandarin, came fm poor family & was a 'black horse' in the school - never do well in my studies.... haha...

finally! been covering my colleagues for so many days... all taking turns to be on mc... and today my team leader is away... meaning i can be here more often... hehe... cat is away mouse starts to play...

cjteng, wow, you oni gain 3 kg? good huh... me started slow but now piling on too... already 7 kg... and now is the time when stretch marks are coming out liao!

blessedmum, me also got this nausea when lie flat on my back! monday went for facial and i was like feeling very xin ku and breaking out in cold sweat and finally had a wave of nausea... had to sit up for a while and later added towel to support my back...

good morning mums... what a nice weather to sleep in. do you think this kind of weather will extend till Jan when most of us will be doing our confinement? I wish it won't get warm so fast.
Blessedmum: you still not feeling well? it's school holidays already. so you can rest at home? Take care okie... must slowly gain back your energy to prepare for D day..

dazed:last visit gynae told me only 3kg..think now will be more ba..haha..Stretch marks..I don;t have or not..cos alot look in the mirror..cant hard to see on the below of my tummy..if have..I will faint!!think tonite will ask hb to look for me.

dazed: ok i will collect for u. pls pm me ur hp.

yeah but i still like goin for facial and massage.. v theurapatic..

kamy: yar but tink better today liao..at least can eat more haha.. i still need to go sch till next week.. yes D day is coming...ah! havent go cut hair yet hehe

cjteng: How big is ur bb at last visit at how many weeks?

gelato: thanks, maybe Ill go check out although Bugis is a little far for me

can i ask a stupid qn... when u gals wash bb clothes, is there fabric softener to go along with? or its ok just to add bb detergent and thats it?

ask u ladies, how u all lie down and do facial? not uncomfortable ah? i'm thinking of doing facial but if i lie on my back, i will feel the pressure on my tummy, making me hard to breathe, and will get backache. any advice?

Back