(2009/01) January 2009 MTBs

buttercake...thanks for the assurance...at least i noe it's normal...

cjteng...im checking on his temp regularly...but so far so good...just abit higher than usual...

ange...Zethan did the same thing last week...asking for milk every 2-2.5hrs...perhaps going thru growth spurt...u get well fast too...

cjteng/piyo: Thanks! Abit tougher on hubby now. Cos I tend to worsen towards the evenings. So after a long day's work he has to take over Jon and wake up for his night feed.

ni: I'm fine but Melody's been refusing to sleep in the day these few days. Nite time is ok but day must carry... sigh..

blessedmum: take care. the weather is quite drastic these few days, sometimes big rain then big sun.

A-n-g-e: u wana get the float? can try this website: http://www.sgmambo.com/index.html i got both tub n float for 2nd hand cos dunno if my bb will like it. till now still haven opened n tried. haha... not sure now if theres still BP for this as some mommy actually post the thread here previously.
u also under the weather? mm... take care k... : )

piyo: i just got the balboa sling yday...not bad leh...easy to use..and material is good too...what i like is the padded area.

piyo:I brought the MuiltTheometer50 to check bb temp..i find that it is nt easy to use..which type of the theometer u brought?mine supose to have "Beep" sound..but when I try to measure my bb..it dun have the "Beep" Sound leh.

buttercake: i using pigeon wide neck and the smallest s size teats, i tried using m, but flow out lor. usually he starting drink very fast, then half liao will fidget or else use his tongue to push out, lately he got a new trick- pretend to vomit..then we stop awhile, burp him, adjust his position, sometimes he can drink another 20-30ml, sometimes can finish...damn sian feeding him milk one...feed until back so pain man

ju: finally can "see" u liao...was wondering where have u been leh...

gwen: i also handwash my baby clothes leh...i got no maid
sad.gif

sus: your case sounds painful...see a LC again ba...bf is tough hor...haiz

blessedmum: aiyo..one by one sick!! u take care man. then who taking care of baby for u??

Hi mummies,

thank you for the advice...

i am still have a headache trying catch my bb's pattern..

when she was just born doc say she got sensitive skin so she say try those hypoallergic milk.. so i tried Nan - HA milk but she is drinking lesser and lesser each day..

then comes the part when she keep struggling to look for the teat when its ald in her mouth then she will cry in frustration..

sigh...
sad.gif

bawbaw:16 mar will be fine for me!
happy.gif

Nowadays must go out at least once a week! Hurting in e pocket on cab fees..

Mercs: i also bought e balboa sling! Good n easy to use? Was thinking how to put bb inside leh.. How long did u rec urs? Me wait till neck long long le

cjteng: is urs from braun, im using tat n got a beep sound. but PD says those measure from armpit is more accurate n mime is thru ear.

mercsboy: u got the balboa sling ar.. seems easier to use than MIM but more ex hor. thot of getting 1 but cousin gave mi a silk sling, so din get in the end. the designs r nicer also.

hello mummes !
i know i disappear since that mother & baby care show.
really busy with my 2 kids.
elder one go childcare since last week, trying hard to calm her down and adapt her sch life.
my boy still the same, having colic and is crying from day to night.
make me going crazy soon !

as for that day at the baby care in expo, so sorry mummies that i suddenly disappear.
actually i've been sitting outside la.
cos my boy keep crying for no reason.
but manage to went in to a few booth think went until huggies booth only.
cos my daughter went to make a mess at huggies booth as she want to play with the slide.
is totally oh my god !
den my son oso crying.
so i just took a cab and went home la.

ni, next week i am not sure whether can go bawbaw's plc cos my hb is traveling then last minute will have to help him buy this and that or pack his luggage.

gig, I think jabs at PD always more expensive cos their consultation fee is already higher. But I like to go to PD at glen E cos he will also review the baby and he is very reassuring so I guess I dun mind paying the consultation fee. Some PDs are very bad, they exaggerate and make teh parent feel even more kancheong.

Gwen/mercs: thanks for your encouragement! I also din expect to get it cos Im v diligent in my pumping.. but the pain is no joke man!

Ange: I give 3 cluster feeds, usually normal amount or reduce only 10-20 ml cos my boy can usually finish all of it. The dream feed around 11 am, I dun wake him at all, just put the bottle in his mouth, he will automatically suck one. If he stop drinking, I will poke the nipple around or pull out a bit, usually it will stimulate him to suck some more. Are u feeling better already?

Blessedmum: aiyo.. u also sick ah.. do take care!

So many mummies under the weather.. must drink more water and eat more Vit C!

Mercs: oh I like the Balboa sling too! Almost got it until my friend bought me the MIM gift as a sling. But like that it doesnt have cloth hanging around, looks more sleek

Ashley: Thanks Ill wait till tom to see LC then. Thanks for your help n encouragement!

cherryale: which PD you using? Mine is Y Y Yip at GlenE

mercsboy: how long your baby take to drink finish using milk bottle? I have started using the Y teat wide neck pigeon bottle. Cos the "S" too slow.Baby ok for the "Y" teat. Take around 20 to 30min using "Y" and baby never choke so ok. My baby recently started to like to play with the teat, use tongue to twirl in his mouth for 5 to 10 seconds before actually sucking the teat.

sus: the clip can clip on bb's bib or top lor so when he spit out wun drop on the floor

Blessedmum: take care ley....

Ange: u buy the float enuff liao lah....come my plc let them swim together?....u can go in too if u wan

2238408.jpg

getting ready for his first try now

2238409.jpg

he getting all ready now

xpink, no wonder din see u inside the hall. Its always so troublesome to bring toddler out shopping. Ur gal will very fast adapt to Childcare. Dun stressed urself too much.

cjtengL oh ok.. think any brand is fine cos afterall we just wana roughly chk bb temp. if realli serious will bring them to PD liao.

sus: no prob! im also trying to maintain my pump though its only 3x a day. haha.. cos not much ss, dun need express every 3 hr. agree with u on the Balboa sling. love it n looks more compact n neater without the hanging tail. can choose from diff designs also lor.

suika: rem to show us the video! hope ur bb will enjoy it. go in n play with him lar...

Sus: Wonder if it'll work on Jon. Trying to cut out the night feed by giving him 1 feed around midnight. But hubby's been most reluctant about the idea of 'disturbing' his dear son. Hehe I'm still a little choked up and coughing. Hoping the fever doesn't come back tonight.

suika:I saw your bb have cut his hair..can I know u birng him to which place to have his hair cut ar?I plan to bring my bb cut his hair after his 3 month.

Ashley: its 100ml from both. if need more, would need more than an hr. Yes, I can still feel lumps after pumping. Pressed hard till hand pain, and still lumpy. Block ducts?
sad.gif

mercs: hee hee.. actually got drop in once a while cos looking for job.

i've also got a sling as a present, so far, Melody's like it so much that sometimes she wouldn't wanna sleep on bed.

i'm also thinking of getting a bb float but think too early liao.

sus: Pacifier leash can pin anywhere, whether on you, on baby, or even on the pram - as long as there is no danger or leash suffocating BB (for soft leash) or scratching BB (for the hard type). I do not give my kids pacifier, but I use the hat leash from Diaso for the hanky. We discovered it when we went Japan when #1 was 15mths, found it useful but couldn't find in Sg... was glad when Diaso came to Sg. ;-D

As for BFing, do what you feel is best for BB. If you can perserve, do so, however, if it is hurting so bad, personally, I'd choose to stop.

I stopped bfing when I was taking the antibiotic for the c-sect wound infection. Also, couldn't take all the pain & discomfort then... on top of it all, my ms was not much to boast of... so HB told me to stop & not stress myself too much.

I applaude all you gers for being able to breastfeed for so long, withstanding the pain of engorgment, discomfort & tireness...

Initially, it was hard for me, cos I felt horrible for not being able to bf like a 'normal' mum can, practically everyone I know bf their child longer than I could. But I've since come to terms with it... maybe bcos I dun bf, not stressed out by ms issues, I'm dun fall sick s easily. Thank God bb is ok with fm too. She has a healthy appetite & (touch wood) never falls sick... so I've been able to enjoy my ML so far, been taking the 2 younger kids shopping when #1 is in sch... going back to work tomorow.. boo hoo, but only for 2 days & another day next wk b4 I resume bal of ML.

You take care & rest well, then can enjoy time with bb...

pinkypiggy: when i've got lumps, i need to squeeze them like kena pinch, my breast is painful but after that, the milk flow out liao, feel better. maybe u can try.

sometimes, my full breast can give 120ml sometimes only 80ml.. yours quite consistent leh.

cjteng: i dun realli chk his temp tat regularly. only do it when feel tat hes quite hot or crying non stop. so far no fever lar. (touchwood)

can we bring bb for hair cut as n when we like or have to wait till like 1st mth or 3rd mth? cos my bb hair seems quite long n hb wana bring him to cut bo tak!

my hb cut bb's hair in the first mth using a silent shaver (batt type), but didn't do a gd job. we'll be cutting again when bb reaches 100days.

Gwen:depend on you..for my case..is my mum and me plan to bring bb to hair cut.
happy.gif
but dun know where leh..scare anyhw bring him go..wait those pp only cut adult but not bb leh..

Western Mummies Gathering/12th March-230pm/Daymoon's place

1)Daymoon
2)Cosy
3)Twws
4)dazed
5)suika
6)Jolene
7)Sweety_mudpie (tbc)
8)giggler

sweety_mudpie/giggler:have pm u my addres.. =)

mummies who are going to taka fair,can update what is good buys there? thanks and enjoy ur bf and shopping tomo!

daymoon: enjoy ur gathering too... will update u gers on any good buys at isetan and taka.. gng to both places.. =)yah, take more picsss..

pinkypiggy: one hr to pump? so long? i will go crazy if i pump for one hr. i take 15 mins only, i lazy, sometimes never even empty the breasts...

ju: i will pump at least 100ml before i stop (if baby didnt disturb me). last time one full breast can give me about 80 to 100ml too... what has happened...??
sad.gif

pinkpiggy
did you roll your nipple to clear the ducts?? if your ducts are block, no matter how much you massage your breast, all the milk are still jam inside.

mercs..the sling good ar..but so exp lei if Zethan dun like it then waste $$$ wor...
rem i mention to u b4 that fitti cutting is rather small cos i have some samples and S is too tight for him....wif the size M now...just nice lor...

cjteng...i check his temp at random just to make sure that he's not having fever...no fixed intervals! im using a thermometer fm mothercare....urs shd have warranty rite...call them to complain?

Do your have a designated doctor for baby? As in for doing periodic review? I am going between polyclinic and kkh to monitor her jaundice level. Till now, the doctors who looked at her are never the same person.

jade, i go to yy yip too/ my boi has been seeing him since baby so my gal just follows. but if its emergency, i will bring my boi to a nearby pd.

my maid was talking on her hp just now, doesnt sound like a pleasant conversation and after that she cried. I think maybe its her family asking for money again. problem is she has just sent money back and got no more money. Now i am quite worried to leave baby in her care esp if she emotionally unstable.

Back