(2009/01) January 2009 MTBs

hi blessedmum, thanks! i have yet to confirm if i can make it for the gathering, if i pop by then can collect myself, otherwise got to trouble you lah... hehe...

blessedmum: you are a teacher too? shiok huh, now holidays started, you can start preparing for your lil baby to come... =)

dazed/cjteng: i have stretchmarks since 24weeks already, till i am no longer bothered by them.. like sus said, stretchmarks are mothers' sign of victory (a nice way to put it!)

yeah, i am 69 days away from the 40-weeks mark. and only 47 days away from 37-weeks (full term)... this is exciting

cjteng, little bali is nice place, romantic at night! my friend took her wedding shots there, very pretty. food prices slightly ex though and best be prepared with insect repellant...

ni: r u a teacher too? saw u add the word 'too'?
yeah..but i can only stop goin the week aft next.. qte dumb lah...whens ur edd?

cjteng: i have been to little bali b4. nice atmosphere! =) food is nice too. but price is a little steep..

samval: for my facial is about 90 mins, less den 2 hours, i still can tahan lying on my back.. if not, u can ask ur beautician to prop a pillow behind your back for more support, and to make u feel more comfy, i am sure they wun mind doing it for us preggies..=)

samval: Re facial, you can ask the therapist to prop up your head with another pillow, so you don like so flat, and pressure on your tummy. or they can actually adjust the bed's inclination up. for backache, you can try to turn to your side when the mask is on, or blowing the hot/cold steam. then when u sit up, ask the therapist to massage a little on your back.
I'm still going for facial and it's alright. hope this helps!

giggler: don know yet, have to check with my mum or mil...if no comment, then i chose the date i wan...heehee...

sperzz: mine should be TMC, Dr woody still havent ask me, he may expect i will chose TMC...i never receive any sms from Mount A...

Miaiko: haha...about 4/5 weeks left, me also nervous...

blessedmum: i find that keeping of cord blood very expensive, i have checked my hb's side and my family side don have blood disease, don think i will keep it...

blessedmum: how i wish i was a teacher, so that now can rest at home, unfortunately i am not! haha. sel is i think.. and a few MTBs here are teachers too.. and my EDD is 20 Jan. i hope bb wun be too comfy in my womb till 40 weeks, can come out like 37/38 weeks will be just nice!

samval, mon was the first and last time i'm going for facial since preg... hehe... cos quite uncomfortable to lie down so long leh... though i must say effect of facial was shiok lah... but as the tum tum get's bigger, will be more uncomfortable and also a bit dangerous to lie on the narrow bed...

blessedmum: you better ask Dr woody about your placenta, i also never asked him, he never said anything...finally i remember to ask him on Monday, he said still low...

blessedmum: I agreed with Willting. U must ask Woody abt ur placenta. He also nvr mention abt mine till I asked him. Mine also abit low.

hi all, thanks for your advice on facial. cos me want to do facial and wanna feel shiok shiok a bit lah.
happy.gif

ni: being a teacher is not as good as u think it is lah..

yes i only know sel is a teacher.. pri sch teacher..duno got the rest ..

can someone ans my question abt the fabric softener for bb clothes? :p

blessedmum: if ur fabric softener is meant for BB clothes shld b ok. For mi I will try to avoid. Afraid will b too harse on BB skin. Use abit if BB detergent will do.

sperzz: ok thanks! i just realised i only got bb detergent.. no fabric softener.. if not necc, then i dun get liao.. jus wash w bb detergent will do
happy.gif

sperzz: you try to sleep on left side, don always sleep on right side, i have read my pregnancy book, mentioned right side is our nerve, if you sleep on right side, bb's weight pressing or put pressure to the nerve cause you pain...

blessedmum: u teach sec level issit? just curious, teachers will have holiday too rite? or do they just take annual leave? regarding the fabric softener, i think not necessary. cos aldy use bb detergent to wash clothes, then if add softener, seems like too much chemicals wor. not too good for bb's sensitive skin. but i think depends on individual lor. for me i never even use bb detergent. i just wash using normal soap powder, just put lesser and rinse with lots of water.

sus : if you're interested, u may call/email Mothers En Vougue directly & enquire where to get the bras. I understand that some Mothercare outlets do carry their pdts, but i m not sure whether they carry bras too...

blessedmum : no need fabric softener, juz the detergent will do. =) In case u hv hands-me-down which are a bit yellowish, add some nappy wash - it may get rid of the stains. Try not to use adult detergent/softener on bb's clothes, the chemicals may be too strong for their skin. =)

Samval : I already informed the nurse at my gynae's clinic, she'll do the necessary for me. My gynae oso promised to recommend 1 good PD for me. =)

does anyone of you feel any tingling feeling on your abdonmen just below the breast? like numb tingling like that then will go off?

willting: I usually start ot sleep on my left but as time goes by I turnn turn to right then centre and when morning I woke up I might b sleeping in the centre.
happy.gif
I found the Napisan powder at CS liao but onli for white clothes leh. I am looking for colored powder. Dunno where can find

gelato: the PD usually will b recommended by the gynae. Mine was Dr Lim Kwang Hsien from Kinder Clinic in MtA. Intent to use him back for my gal

samval: hi, i have some teacher friends. They say they can only take annual leave during school holidays. If you don't clear, you'll still have to go back to school 8-5 if i'm not wrong. Coz that's what they told me.

yan ling: hi hi. thanks. actually i just very curious to know abt teacher's lives in school lah.
happy.gif
is this your first child?

hmm..today the thread seems pretty quiet. where is everyone??

morning everyone.. anyone have breastmilk already? i have breastmilk leaking out already.. now the breast start the on n off pain already.. sometime very painful.. anyone have this problem also?

sperzz : My 2 kids oso use Kinder Clinic at Mt A. =) They used to see Dr Tan - He's very very good & he truly loves kids, but he's soooooo popular that it's very very difficult to make appt with him. That's why i ask for other recommendations.... =)

Samval : i didn't pay any deposit, i think only need to pay upon admission. =)

fiona: me squeeze my nipples and have breastmilk.

gelato: i see. my gynae said i need to pay deposit leh. then i saw the rates for TMC, not cheap wor.

so fast got milk already??? me nothing leh. worried no milk.. anyone stocking up on infant formula milk? i was wondering if wan to buy one can just in case no milk

gelato: mi very sotong, all alone I toth PD was Dr Lim after u mentioned abt Dr Tan then I went to see my hospital bill then realise was Dr Tan that seeing my son when birth. But wat u mentioned he was a very bz man after my son discharge from hospital we r attended by another lady PD in Kinder clinic. She also not bad. As first time mum that time, I was called to clinic to ask her question n she do return my call to ans me. So this time I will chose kinder clinic again for my gal during the stay.

samval: we dun have annual leave.. but allowed to take urgent paid leave/ no paid leave during sch term (subject to approval lah)

we have off during sch hols.. but again thats dependent on each school...

jun hol : usu abt 2 weeks... 1st and last week usu have to be back in sch for remedials/ meetings/ cca

dec hol: usu abt 4 weeks .. till now tho sec sch kids have started their hols, we trs still need to report back for min no of hours.. got to do eoy reports/ prepare for next year stuff/ etc..

mar/ sept hols: no break wan... gotta rush set exam papers/ do cca/ remedials.. only thing is we need not report so early .

Samval, I'll need to pay deposit to my gynae during my next visit. But only need to pay deposit to hosp during admission.

blessedmum, I dun use fabric softener for bb clothings.

fiona, I got some milk leak also but not much.

NI, if you determined to bf then dun neeed to buy fm lah.

ni:for me, I plan to bf bb in the morning and afternoon..at night will give bb infant milk.I will start to buy until the hopsital advise me what they give to my bb..before ask hb to go and buy.

ni: do not stock up any infant FM. U really no wat ur BB like. I changed 3 type of FM. If u wan to get FM milk buy those small can type,400g and let ur BB try first

Fiona : u got my email? u wanna meet me tis Sat to collect ur bb's socks?

Samval : i didn't pay any dep for the hospital pkg. but i pd deposit for gynae's pkg - $1400 + GST.

giggler: how much is ur gynae fee's deposit?

the nurse over at my gynae's clinic told me that if i getting 2 bedded at MT A, have to pay $800 deposit on the day of check-in, can pay via, cash/nets/visa.

oooh. no need buy FM milk ah. i scared i totally no breastmilk at all. den will the PD recommend us any brand of infant FM? if i want to partial BF and feed FM.. my gal fren told me Similac is good

blesedmum: i see.. thanks. yesterday i was at my gal's school cos she received an award. so took leave since we got the invitation. ask u based on your experience, how do we know that the next year's class that the kids go to is the "top" class or one of the elite class? the school wont tell us rite? cos next year my gal is in P2, and we aldy know her class, so checked around with those parents whose kids are in the same class, the results are pretty good. those who got bad 1-2 will be in this class. those who got band 3-4 will be in another class.

giggler: u mean u need to pay deposit to your gynae is for his delivery fee issit? then upon admission, pay deposit to hosp is for hosp fee issit?

hey samval, I have the same feeling, just below my breast! I thought my bra is too tight or something. and the numbing feeling is quite irritating... but after a while it goes off. do u think it's cos of our growing tummy?

thanks for the advice on washing bb's clothes. I think I need to get everything out now and start washing. what brand of detergent is good?

ni: I also used Similac for my son but not suitable for him. My son got constipation. But some of my gf said no such issue, all depend on BB. In the end after all tries. my son decided to drink Friso.

fiona, so fast ah... is it ex mommies will get first? me also nothing yet... din even see increase in size... i'm still wearing same size bra as pre preg wor...

ex mommies, can explain how the pd work? is it oni for specific check ups then go for pd? or everything also go pd one? thot can go those family dr which provide those pd services...

kamy: oh now i know i'm not alone and the only "abdormal" one feeling this tingling/numb feeling ! i think it could be bb's feet resting there issit? cos i only feel it on one side only. i dont feel it anywhere else. and i noticed when there is this tingling cum numb feeling, my backache will appear, just at the bra strap that side. i got so fed up that during my check-up while gynae was scanning, i ask the gynae is the bb's feet there (i pointed to my lower breast that side) and she said yes. so maybe lor. then said the numb feeling is normal. just get up and walk around. nothing much we can do. strangely, i dont recall having this feeling when i preggie with #1 & 2 leh.

as for detergent, i used kodomo before (for #1) but find it quite soapy. so if u intend to get that brand, make sure dont use too much. but now i bo chap, i use use normal FAB soap powder only.

Back