(2009/01) January 2009 MTBs

babystarlet....will let u noe again when i can pick up the milk bags cos im uncertain if going for the gathering.....if not can help mi pass to suika during the gathering...thanks ya..

PVL...think i have previously replied ur post wif regards to Kim's kitchen...we have been wif them for coming to 4mths and just extended another mth wif them....variety of the dishes is good and they are rather creative wif dishes....might look simple at times yet taste good...

bbstarlet:

Orders for Blue Egg milk storage bags http://www.freewebs.com/mybreastmilkstoragebags/

1.babystarlet (2boxes)-raffles place
2.blessedmum
3.sus -via Blessedmum
4.gelato (2 boxes)
5.ni
6.pat (2 boxes)
7.Yan Ling
8.Rachel (4 boxes)-via Blessedmum
9.Laugh (2 boxes)
10.dazed
11.cjteng
12. chere
13. cheekygal
14. Kamy (2 boxes)- Raffles Place
15. piyobaby

Thanks so much!!

erm... just checking with mummies who attended mrs wong's class. do you all remember she mentioned about malay lady's massage? did she say it will damage our uterus or something? aiya.. my hubby seems to have heard wrongly, and he doesn't want me to get malay massage lady leh...
sad.gif

Yan Ling
thanks for your advise, will make a call to check it out.

Priviledge
i told myself, as long as she is alive, am gonna hunt her down and get back that sum of hard earned $!

piyobaby > ya,i heard during her class,but i bought 2 refill pkts of the liquid cleanser,so might as well use up.so i dunno if need to rinse or not.

btw there's expiry for the milk bags,till end 2010.ok.have told her about our orders,only the delivery area not yet.

sus/cjteng: there are 2 items that the nurse is selling.
1) the big piece flannel wrap for bb after shower. Selling at a pack of 2 pieces for $13.

2) small piece of like hankerchief size wash cloth to use to clean bb during shower. Selling at a pack 7 pieces for $3.80

piyo: on monday when i bought it still have 1 big bag left, not sure if it is the new stock just came in or every class allocated differently. cjteng can check on sun

bbstarlet/piyo/miaiko: Did Mrs Wong mention is we use steam sterilizer (pigeon), whether we still need to use sterilization tablets?

Miaiko: who r u meeting tonight? how do u go about it? thanks.

bbstarlet: thanks for ordering the milk packs!

sus: if use steam sterilizer, dun need to use the sterilization tablets anymore. The tablets are useful for travel though, when hot water and steamer is not available.

Im meeting Cordlife coz for TMC FBI card member got discount. my SIL oso using cordlife. if u r keen, I can pm u this person's contact.

Hi, i'm new to this thread and have seen you ladies comment on the cord blood banking.. i have oso done some research on both donating and private banking but i still cant make up my mind..

if i'm not wrong, we can donate our cord blood to singapore cord blood banking at no cost. when in need, if your baby's cord blood is still around (not used by others), you can retrieve it at no cost if bb is the one using it. If you need it to use for bb's sliblings, parents, or grandparents, then there will be charges incurred (can be up to $26,000). You may wish to log onto http://www.scbb.com.sg/ to have a better understanding on how to donate the blood to public bank, =)

Willt/other mummys wish to have Cord blood donation number is below is the number:
- TMC & Mount Alvernia:9106-4752.
-Gelenagles & Raffles Hopst:8138-9774.
-SGH:9106-4734

babystarlet: im keen on the getting the bags but just need to koe wer u stay? wanna see if i can pick up from u... tks

miaiko: im also using a private bank, decided to do so as my hubby is the super mixed race type..

mercsboy... think never hear from you today. How you feeling? If still got contractions, better go back consult your gynae or stay hospital for monitoring, don't rush to go back home.

This week on and off i got this feeling.. like ant biting "pain", probably last for 1 to 2 secs near the lower pelvic region. Not sure what is it. Anyone got this type of experience?

thanks for the info, miaiko!

yar today no hear from mercs, hope she is fine!

Jade: is it like a stabbing pain in lower pelvic? lasts 1-2 sec? I also experienced that but I dunno wat is it.

Hi ladies....mi back
juz missed out 1 day's posting oni and it's 3 pages....my comp very slow at home so hard to read all the post....any impt stuffs i've missed out?

sus: i've been experiencing sharp pain too....is it serious?

cjteng: saw u all mentioning buying wad from nurse?

bbstarlet: can help mi get 1 box too...thanks

Orders for Blue Egg milk storage bags http://www.freewebs.com/mybreastmilkstoragebags/

2.blessedmum
3.sus -via Blessedmum
4.gelato (2 boxes)
5.ni
6.pat (2 boxes)
7.Yan Ling
9.Laugh (2 boxes)
10.dazed
11.cjteng
12. chere
13. cheekygal
15. piyobaby
16. suika

Thanks so much!!

babystarlet....have to rinse for sure...

PAT...the mon that just pass? dats weird then cos my last lesson on sat she said all sold out le...mayb they did keep / allocate some stock for diff classes ba...

sus.....i dun think the sterilisation tablet is nec when u are using the steam method....

suika....hw was ur shopping trip today? lots of loots ma...hee

they are talking abt buying the flannel wrap (can be used for swaddling) from TMC which is 2 pcs for $13 and washcloth in which one pc can last for abt a mth - 7 pcs for $3.80.

hey hey...mummies...wah...just finished reading the 3 pgs..

this morning, i went back to office to bring back stuff home to do lor...then also hubby brought me go walk awhile...he was very nice la, walk awhile, rest, walk awhile rest.

thanks sus, cjteng, willting, kamy, jade for the concern...so far so good...yday no pain. must eat medicine punctually lor..

blessedmum: did the nurse said what side effects will the medicine for contractions cause?
u take note of your pulling ya...if 1-2 hrs once, its ok..its BH, but if it is regular then go see yr gynae alrite??

willting: sorry to hear that u got low placenta...but never mind la...as long baby is healthy is better rite? compare to me, i nearly got a premature baby leh...but heard even some 1st one c-section, 2nd one they still can go thru natural leh...have hope alrite??

cord blood: i have decided to donate also to the public bank...i read from some articles that there is no specific help that cord blood does la...and then also last time during our time where got cord blood banking one??...we also live pass thru isnt it??

mercsboy...glad to hear dat things are improving for u...but still rest more and rem to take ur medication okie....

not sure wat blessedmum's medication is...i was told dat for ventolin...might cause heart palpitation and shaky hands...

hello mercsboy...great to know you are feeling better today....and thank you for the warm welcome few weeks back. realise from the chart we have the same edd...we must jia you wor!!! take care...

me been a silent reader and enjoying the post by all mummies here...and hope to chat more

hello rachel,
thank you for updating my details in the chart..

suika/jade: I googled sharp vaginal pain..

Two "normal" late pregnancy discomforts:
Some women occasionally feel a sharp, stabbing pain inside the vagina during late pregnancy.
It isn't constant. Pressure being placed on the cervix from a kick or the baby dropping into the pelvis is thought to contribute to this. Unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done as it comes and goes at odd times.

In the last few weeks of pregnancy, it may be felt when the cervix begins to thin and dilate a little.

mercs: glad to noe ure fine! at least u got some work to do now wont be so bored.

piyo: i have asked Dr woody before about cord blood, he passed me a brochure from cordlife, i asked him if i wan to donate, he said can contact the same person. So i called up yesterday, the person said they only accept banking cord blood and not donate...that why asked cjteng for info...ya lor, bb is healthy will do...thanks for the info on CCK opening and closing hrs...

cjteng: thanks for the contact...
happy.gif

Priviledge: i'm not sure is it placenta blocking the cervix...during my detailed scan, already mentioned i have low lying placenta, gynac said don worry it will shift up...i always forgot to asked gynac afterthat, yesterday remember to ask him...he said is still low, need c-section...since is c-section, i don bother on bb's weight anymore...heehee

willting...he blur la...hw can donating and banking be calling for the same person from cordlife...excited right when it's just 4 weeks from meeting ur bb...

willting...once u hear bb wailing and carrying bb in ur arms...no time to be scared...anyway hb will b wif u to support u...so enjoy the moment..

willting: which hospital u chosing? U got rec'd any sms from MtA, confirming the delivery rm? I rec'd yest. but dunno y. Nvr fill up any forms lei

no prob sperzz...still cant confirm now...if not will pass to suika...

u work nearby lavender? do u think can help to buy the mittens from the wholesaler? hw much isit again?

pat...i was thinking to get it but no hurry oso...at most after delivery can get from parentcraft...can put the FBI to use..shd have 10% discount i think..

sperzz....actualli i dun need the booties cos i have lots of bb socks hand downs...but if realli come in set then no choice...can help mi buy 1 dozen...thanks!

rachel > huh? can only use 1 time ah.

Yan Ling > i have not informed the seller when to deliver.now still settling
e adminstration work bec need to see where u all can collect from me etc.

kamy > for me,i prefer not to have pre-massage,jus in case anything wrong.

sus >erm,she din say leh.but i'm nt using the tablets since me already
wash using the liquid cleanser.

flo >me staying at tiong bahru and working at raffles place.perhaps u can
see who is near u to collect for u and u can pay the person the money,so u no
need all the way meet me.

ladies> i shall order the milk bags tml mornn,total 24 packets.i wun be checkn the forum tml mornn until nite time bec super busy at
work,yr end appraisal,sian!!!!!

2.blessedmum
3.sus -via Blessedmum
4.gelato (2 boxes)
5.ni
6.pat (2 boxes)
7.Yan Ling
9.Laugh (2 boxes)
10.dazed
11.cjteng
12. chere
13. cheekygal
15. piyobaby
16. suika

Pinkie> u wan to order the milk bag? and issit convenient to send the milk storage bags to your place on 21st Nov?
i pm u seperately.Thanks

morning all,

just finished reading 3 pages ! it's a nice and cool weather today & thurs liao. so weekend is coming soon. yeah!

hmm. i'm also experiencing BH lately. plus some sharp pain in the lower abdonmen, similar to Jade & Sus, and last abt 2-3 seconds like that.

Good morning ladies, baby and i hungry at 430am, woke up pee break and couldn't go back to sleep. Ordered MacDelivery, devoured Big Breakfast and he is all quiet in tummy now....

Miaiko, I'm also banking with CordLife, met the consultant last weekend, will probably sign up next week. Good to hear the technical explanation from the consultant cos yes, cord blood banking also has limitations - so good to hear what it's all about before making decision.

Went for facial yesterday and more mummy prep again yesterday, bought 2 nursing bras from Marks & Spencer...cup-sizes at Mothercare too big for me look worst than Superwoman...think I can pack hospital bag soon.

Hi willting, jia you! Your baby is hefty at 2.5kg and probably advisable to deliver via C-section. But most important he is healthy
happy.gif
My kiddo is at 2kg almost 33 weeks and I'm very scared he will exceed his estimated 3.2kg and I will 'tear' very badly 'down under' if I deliver natural (me petite size and first child).

Counting down ... 5-7 weeks left....AHHHHHHH! PANIC!!!!!!
Think I better go back to bed...

Back