(2008) Anyone TTC-ing for 2008 baby?

dorieme

Hi... is anyone trying to conceive (ttc) a 2008 baby?

I'm hoping for a early '08 baby to add to my brood of three... yes, so this will be #4.

Short intro - DS (2000), DD1 (2001), DD2 (2004). So this round, hoping to conceive a boy, but no guarantees of course.

DD2 conceived with help of Clomid, this round, no drugs... just seeing if it will happen by itself... heh.

I'm a new SAHM as of 2007, so currently enjoying myself with the children. No maid, but DD2 is still in full day childcare. Next year attending Nursery in the morning only. Wah, I think will peng san. LOL...

Hi dorie,

I have just cfmed my pregnancy. Me ttc for a piglet n luckily i mge to catch the tail of the piglet. This will be my 2nd bb and my DS is born in 2006.

Good luck to u
happy.gif

Hi mylvera... congrats on your little piglet!!! January is a great month to have a baby!!! I'm hoping for a Jan baby since my own birthday is end Jan... but it doesn't look too promising right now. Sigh.

Wow, DS born '06 huh? How far apart will they be?

Hi all,

I am in my 6wks. My EDD is 04Jan 2008. This is my 3rd child. My 1st DD(2000) and 2nd DS(2002). Hoped to have another DD. Currently SAHM since Jul 2006.Also no maid. May put bb in infant care or get a maid. Used to have a maid while working, but too many bad experiences. Hoped infant care works out.

Hi dorie,

Wah... you are going to have no. 4. I can't even imagine having 3. Actually my ideal is 2. But DH thinks its not enough. Used to have alot of problems with maid, so put off 3rd one till now that I had stay at home.

me also ttcing for 2008 bb.
i ttc from yr 2006 till now, still ttcing.
pherhaps somthing wrong with my system. Haiz..

hi zz

dun worry, u r not alone. me too tccing for quite some time liao, still no sound no colour hahaha...

maybe u can go for checkup to confirm nothing wrong with ur system. then can an xin.

Hi everyone...

Ivy - congrats on #3. DD2 was in infant care from 10mths onwards... because I had to go back to work. It worked out very well. Just find one you are comfortable with lor. Are you planning to go back to work? Honestly, with the first two so big liao, it should be not as bad as when the first two were very young lor. Now they are old enough to help you with chores and baby... can even help you to entertain the baby when you need to cook or what... so should be quite ok. Somemore DD is the eldest, usually the eldest is DD quite tong shi one. My eldest boy... hiyoh, ask him to help a bit complain complain... but still make him help... hehe.

zz - Yah, ZZ, like Jazz said, go and get it check out lor. AFter trying for DD2 for a year, finally went to see gyn... took Clomid to regulate my cycle then finally conceived on my 3rd cycle. You got other children? Or are you ttc-ing your first?

Hi Jazz... Yourself leh?

Yeah, Jazz is right... there are probably many lurking on the boards who are ttcing and who have problems. I find that like locals have a harder time sharing about infertility than the angmohs... dunno, maybe it's our culture... like too intimate details, cannot say... got good got bad lah.

hi dorie,

i m trying for my first loh.
till now still no luck.
i intend to do HSG test after tis round, if still dun strike jackpot.

my sis gave birth last yr, bb so adorable, my SIL oso 18 week preggie now.

i lao nua already, so envy.

Hi,

Me joining you guys
happy.gif

My gal is 13 months. At first, my intention is to stop at 1 if I got a baby gal. But now, I see my gal likes to look at other kids when we go out. It pained me to see them ignoring her and playing with their own siblings only and she could stand at the side, looking on, smiling at those kids but not getting a response from them. And somemore she does not have any cousin close in age with her to play with. Her only playmates are some babies from this forum thread. But we don't get to meet that often also.

So just discussed with my hb this morning and confirm will be trying for a 2008 baby heeee...

Good luck to all of us!

Cheers~

Hello,

Maybe will try for 2008 baby, it will be my third- DD 2003 and DD 2005...

Not sure yet, due to work committments, but both kids will be 3 and 5 by 2008, so not so siong...

My hubby said nice for the baby to be born on 080808- 8 aug 2008, but of course, easier said than done....=)

Hi

My DS was born in Dec 06. I wan another bb in 2008 too. But I cant start now as my AF has not returned yet. I heard tat fertility is very high in the 1st yr after birth.

Hi all...

Jazz - wah, blur liao... what is HSG? Wah, wish you all the best... hope you strike jackpot this round!

Hi Jasmine - wah, I applaud your decision to have more than one. I am an only child myself... not fun... that's why hubby and I decided to have many many. Before marriage, I wanted two... after the first two, I wanted a third... now, after the third, I want a fourth... but I'm pretty sure after this close shop liao lah. Also, in Jan next year, I'll be 35 liao... no need to take risk lah. So have lots of fun trying!!! Hopefully won't have to try for too long!

Fairyprincess - wah, got shorter name or not? fp can? Wah, your hubby ambitious hor? 080808... how about 20/08/2008??? Haha... I wonder whether there will be many people asking for elective c-sec on those dates... wonder how many gyn will agree?!

Fizz - are you still breastfeeding or something? It does seem to be true... I conceived DD1 shortly after I stopped b-feeding DS1... I think he was only 7mths when I conceived his meimei. So they are only 16 mths apart. Hard work in the beginning... but easier in the long run... can pass down stuff, share school books etc. Heh. And because of korkor, #2 do a lot of things together with him, like learning to be independent... learning to bathe herself, learning to do chores etc. So quite good also.

Here's wishing everyone ~~~~~~~ baby vibes ~~~~~~~~~~ for the year!!!!

Hi Dorie, I applaud to you for wanting 4 kids! I know what you mean. For me, it had been a long time decision to have 1 kid only. Last month I got "false alarm", as I missed my menses for 1 week. I was really disappointed when it comes. That is when I knew I do want a no 2. heee... Hope I don't have to wait too long.

Fairyprincess, ya hor, 080808 would be nice. But won't be so easy leh. Can strike happy liao.

Fizz, yes I heard about that too.

Baby dust to everyone here.
happy.gif

Hi Dorie,

I don't think I could go back to work as all my life I'm in Engineering. Worst is in my line the company operate 24hrs and many times got issues either we got to go back if can't handle using phone. Infant care or childcare is not enough. We often need to work late. No family life. I don't have parents or in-law surport. We made this decision last year cause we intend to choose a primary school near our home.

I am actually very afraid that my 3rd will be like the 1st 2 when thay were bb. They used to cried and cried after every feed with no reasons. DD cried for no reason till 4th month and DS till 6th month. Each night hardly have even 1hr of sleep. Without proper rest how to take care of the 2 elder ones. Though they are easy to take care, but still got to spend time with them what. Don't want them to feel neglected after 3rd one come out. That's why I thought maybe put 3rd one in infant care for the 1st year.

Hi all, jus happen to bounce into this thread. Me too, ttc for my #2 now, my first one is a gal born in 2005. (btw pardon me, what DS, DD) I am a SAHM from last yr May till now.

Dorie,
Wah seh, U super woman, can handle 4 yrself n wifout maid to assist salute!! Me now tryin for #2, already no confident I can manage anot liao.

Mylvera,
Congrats to u!!

Ivy,
Congrats too on yr #3!!

ZZ,
Me too, ttcing for a yr plus then managed to get my #1. Was so afraid, went for a checkup but doctor reject me. He say unless we fail for quite lng time then he will encourage us to go for a detail checkup, so we keep tryin lor. Heng heng next few mths hit liao =))
Maybe to ease ur mind, do consider go for a check up.

Jazz,
Jus keep on tryin.. heehee sure will hit one.!! What HSG? Heehee

Jasminetea,
Yaya, my thots r sme as u!! so am tryin for 2nd one for her to play with. Heehee me also wanted to stop at one oni but she so dearing, cnt bear to see her being alone.Sme as my gal, she hav oni 1 cousin and they r 7 yrs in gap.U can try putting her in Gymboree or some playgroup when u free, let her meet up with other kids more often might helps her My gal can even bend dwn her face jus try to see face to face with another kid.. I feel so sad when I saw it.. Good luck to u too!!!

Fairyprincess,
No harm tryin for that date!! Good Good FAFAFA heehee

Ivy,
Ya, I wrk in an engineerin company as a CS Officer b4, know the wrkin system. Its a full commitment one right? Its hard to get back to sme line if u wan too, esp with 3 kids... gettin a babysitter near u also another choice for u.

Hi ladies, I tested with clearblue on sunday and is a + sign .... i think i still able to catch a piglet ......

Hi Eniale!
happy.gif

I sent my gal to GUG once a week for 1.5 hr. Although she does mix around with other kids for that 1.5 hr, I somehow feel that it is not enough leh. I feel a sibling would still be better 'cos it is almost 24 hrs mah. Anyway, other reason is because I don't want her to be too pampered by being the only child in my house. Want her to learn how to share share and be jie jie. heeee.. I knew what you mean. My gal also will bend down to see face to face with another kid. I feel extremely sad when the other kid either run away or not responding.

Qingqing, yes think you will still get a piglet. Congrats to you!

qingqing,
Hi Congrats!!! Is this ur #1?

Jasminetea,
Ya, definitely gettin another companion for our tods is best. You can also consider putting her in daytime childcare when she rch 18mths as the time there will more lnger, right? Me even worst, din even send my gal to any playgroup until recently I sign up for her to go Gymboree. I am currently stayin out of SG, feel even hard to bring her out to communicate with other kids around.

Hi Eniale,

Ya, I'm considering putting my gal at a 1/2 day childcare next year. She will be 20 mths in Jan 08. Still looking around for a childcare.

Where are you locating now? Who take care of your gal when you are away?

How is Gymboree? I went for the trial before when my gal is about 7 to 8 mths. But didn't sign her up in the end.

Cheers~

Ivy: Wanna start a Jan 08 thread? I am 5 wks preggy. Went to gynae to confirm pregnancy last wk. But can't see sac yet coz 4 weeks only. Hope to see sac when I see gynae this weekend.

Jasminetea,
Good, =)) at least she can explore even more in there while waiting for her didi or meimei to pop out.... heehee We (DH, me & my gal) are stayin in Jpn now, shifted over last yr May. I am now her sole caregiver. 24/5 stays at hm.... unless got appt with other mummies or with hb for dinner outside, I seldom goes out.

I jus sign up Gymboree in Jpn yesterday oni heehee, Will start her trial class next tue follow by her 1st class the nxt week. I think and feel Gymboree is a nice plc for tods to go even thou its sme as GUG, once a week. We gets involve in their activities, and they can interact with other sme age kids as well..

U also a SAHM?

Hi Dorie

I really salute u in yr decision to hv a big family...I m oredi pantin wif 1 bb n bein a SAHM...but my hb wans another bb to keep my DS company...

Yeah...I m stil bfin...tat explains y my AF has not returned...my I m stil not interested in BD...cos it stil hurts...dunno how I m gonna get my no 2 w/o BDin...hahaha...

Hi Qingqing n Weilin

Congratz on yr BFP!!!

Dorie, eniale,
Hysterosalpingogram, HSG test, can help diagnose fallopian tube blockages and defects of the uterus.

am i the only one trying for #1?

Fizz,
I hav the sme thots as u, Dorie really super, not many ppl nowadays wan more than 3 bbs.. its always good to hav a big family.

me too, already panting with my gal n being a SAHM liao, cnt imagine there's another bb around.. hw i cope alone....

HI Eniale,

Wow Japan! Envy envy leh. At first, I tot you are away from your gal. Heee.. didn't realise you already posted in the earlier message that you are a SAHM.

No lah, I am a FTWM. My SIL takes care of my gal when I work.

When I sent my gal to Gymboree, she don't really enjoy the class then. Think she was too young to appreciate it then heeee.. So end up I didn't sign up. Maybe will consider it next round as I think she might be a bit bored with GUG sooner or later.

Have u seen the Gymboree in SIN before? Any different from the one in Japan?
happy.gif

Congrats to Wei Lin on your pregnancy!

Jazz, I'm sure you are not the only one trying for #1. Hope more mummies will join this thread soon.

Cheers~

Hi there...

I'm also trying for a 2008 baby but this will be my first child so hopefully can strike within the next few months.
happy.gif

The feeling is different when my hubby and I starting actively trying. Like there's so much responsibilities to being parents!

Wah, this thread is starting to heat up... good news for the govt!!! Not bad hor.

Ivy - wow, that kind of job very difficult... no clear working hours. Your babies cried and cried... hmm, were there any medical reasons for it? My DS was very colicky for the first 4mths, but it turned out that he had an inguinal hernia which needed surgery. Don't know. By the time #2 came along, thank God she was very easygoing... only problem was she snacked... I think that's the reason she's so small sized now. Anyway, hopefully #3 won't be like that lah. My #3 was my easiest baby... feed well, sleep well... dunno whether it was the confinement nanny who made a difference or not... but she was very well-trained by the CN who kept taking her away after her feed because she said babies cannot keep carrying otherwise always want to be carried... and true enough, my #3 was the only one who could sleep by herself at a very early age, compared to the other two.

My #3 went to infant care after being b-fed for 10mths... so she became quite independent. Guess you can see how lor... if baby turns out to be an easy baby, might still be manageable.
happy.gif

qingqing - congrats!!! And this baby will be number what?

jasminetea - you are right... once a week not enough... good to have siblings. I had a hard time coping with friends because I didn't know how to interact with children, only adults... chiat lat. So I was quite shy growing up.

Wei Lin - congratulations!!!

Eniale - wah Japan... sounds so nice. What's life like over there?

Fizz - you funny lah... but didn't know b-feeding will affect BD mood. But maybe still can... ever heard of people b-fing still can get pregnant.

Jazz - wah... do you have that kind of history in your family? Hopefully all is well with you, and you will zhong lah.

Mrs Gan - wishing you all the best for the trying... just remember to relax and have fun doing it.

You know, they say stress can affect having a baby one leh... My friend was so stressed about trying to conceive her #2 that for quite a few years she couldn't conceive.. then the minute she made arrangements to go for her first IVF appointment, she found out she was pregnant... then #3 followed soon after. So her kids are like umm, 8, 4 and 2. Something like that.

Wah, now that you all mention having a piglet by the tail, I am reminded that after that is rat year... so maybe I should aim for after CNY '08 so that I can produce a rat grandbaby for my parents (both my parents as well as myself are rats... a whole family of rats... LOL!)

Anyway, I told DH last night that if we don't conceive by Oct, I will close shop already... don't want to go too far past my 35th birthday... take unnecessary risks... also we are quite tired, and not really trying very hard... so it will truly be a miracle if we do conceive... heh.

Jasminetea,
No ned envy, its realli damn boring here... facing 4 walls everyday.. haha =) me hope to go bk Spore asap...
Its always good to hav own ppl to tk cr, ur SIL so nice, help u tk cr.. so envy. Me only can rely on myself.. haiz..
I have never been to SG Gymboree yet. jus happens to surf the net n find that Jpn also hav. So gan jiong sign up for my gal. Ya, think that time ur gal still small, let her try when u think its time to change environment for her.. heehee Think basically its frm the sme company, so more or less its the sme ba...

Mrs Gan,
Welcm in... Good luck to you!!!!

GST Credits
Hi all, sign up already? Me kiasu, sign up right after my frd ask me to check c if I have anot... heehee.... so pathetic amt, but better than nothing (B optimistic) =))

Ttcing
Wish everyone & me : Good Luck and keeps tryin!! Most imptly, Enjoy in trying.... ask what Dorie mentioned in her post, stress might affect having a baby.. so B happy while ttcing!! heehee

Dorie,
Life ok lor, jus thats I gettin to feel rather boring liao.. haha... So hopefully can hav #2 and enjoy the pregency period... haha... Can eat as much as I wan...

BB Bonus
Hey, How does the dollar to dollar match system wrks arh? Mean for example I saved max $6k (for #2) in the acct & govt will add in sme amt right? But we cnt use the extra $6k that govt deposit unless it was used fo those CC or those institute that mentioned in the webby right?

Hi eniale, jazz, Dorie thank you ....

Is my 1st baby ..... i tested with clearblue on sunday is a + sign but i scare not accurate leh so am gg to the gynae tmr to double confirm
happy.gif
kekeke
my husband is not in town and his msn display name put he is gonna be daddy soon hahahah all of my frds kw i am preggie liao
sakali not accurate ... charm .....

qingqing,
Wa, U mus b v.happy right, yr Hb so anxious!! so sweet of him, think he too wanted to b daddy so much!! heehee
If its a +sign , sure cfm liao!!! But still ned to go n see a gynae for further cfmation... All the best n mus post in here to bao xi hor.. heehee

Congratulations to all Successful mummies. Do not lose hope for those ttc.
happy.gif

Dorie, my DS will b 1.5yrs by the time of delivery.

Take care all
happy.gif

Cheers

Morning!
happy.gif

Dorie,

I was also a very shy child leh even though I got a younger brother. I think it is due to the strict upbringing of my mum. She don't let me mix around with people. Don't let me do all "dangerous" stuff like cycling or swimming. I felt I had missed out a lot of fun! So with my gal, I let her try everything. Imagine my mum's face when I bought my gal to swimming at 9 mths heeee...

Eniale,

How long will you be staying in Japan? Any chance to meet any Singapore friends over there? At least you got your gal to accompany you. I feel somehow when I was with my gal, time pass much faster 'cos she is so active now.
happy.gif

Think it is good that you signed ur gal up for Gymboree. Good exposure to her and you as well (can meet other mummies)
happy.gif

I also don't know how the baby bonus for #2 work leh. I haven't sign up for the GST thing heee.. Had been a hot topic in my office here.

Qingqing, let us know about your gynae's visit ya.
happy.gif

Cheers~

Hi all,
Re : baby bonus.
Eniale is correct in the sense. However, I understand fr my colleague that the govt will be giving us a time frame to "top up" the account for CDA (Children's Development Account) to $6K for 2nd child n max $12K for 3rd n 4th child. It can be used at Child Care Centre,Early Intervention Programmes,Healthcare Institutions,Kindergarten,Special Education Centre.
Not too sure abt the rest but for Healthcare institutions, it can be used for the siblings of the 2nd/3rd/4th child,ie, if the first child is sick, can use the CDA of 2nd child for the payment.
hope that helps.

Hi mummies!

Wow - so exciting, all the 2008 baby vibes going on here!

My DS was born in Nov 06 and i'm still bf-ing. Have been thinking about no. 2 and this week, i just tested positive on the clearblue test! But the lines were a light blue compared to the dark blue on the instruction sheet... From my dates, this should be week 4. Wanted to go see my gynae to confirm but his nurse told me to go back 2 weeks later when it's week 6 cos if i go now i'll probably have to go again to re-confirm. Sigh, this means i'll be in suspense until then. Wondering now if i should test again at home. Heh heh. Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well!

hi mummy-to-be....congrats!....

me oso planning to try in sept...so hope to get all the advices from u all....do share with me...keke

hi ladies, I am back from gynae .... i tested again this morning with my clearblue again is positive hahahahahah .....

my gynae cant scan anything yet cos she say is only 5 weeks ask me to go back on 30 may ... and my cute hubby so kan cheong say why doc no re confirm again with me hahahahah

Congrats to Trixiebelle and DarEve

qingqing,
U may wana try the following for yr next visit. Visit gynae with a full bladder so that gynae can scan n detect. Tat was taught by my gynae and his staff. They told me it is easier to scan n detect with a full bladder.
happy.gif
I did that for my current visit n my gynae can cfm the pregnancy cos we manage to see "a black dot"
happy.gif
Do hope yr gynae has given u the folic acid as well as the iron tablets.
Cheers

Thanks pretti-baby.

Hi baby i went for check up with my family doc as she has this ultrascan in the clinic.
I will be visiting my gyna for the first time next month....when i'm abt 10 weeks : )

hi DarEve...wow...where is ur gynae located?

i have no idea of anything, haha....only know i will start trying in sept onwards...duno will i be lucky or nt....scary to think of it...and nw thinking wht I shld go for a check up before trying...

Oh hi...I will be going to Dr Lisa Chin at Gleneagles but my first appointment with her will be next months.

Don't stress yourself.....and baby will come naturally : )

Oh hi...I will be going to Dr Lisa Chin at Gleneagles but my first appointment with her will be next months.

Don't stress yourself.....and baby will come naturally : )

Back