(2008/08) Aug 2008

hello mummies. =)

sylvia & cindy,
not really lah, depend on which pri sch leh. =P
some pri sch till now 2 wks over liao still eng eng cheng cheng de lor.

cindy
i've join pta in zynn's pcf too, dun think it will take up too much time bah... -_-"

Celyn, both my kids cannot be together at the same time... either they will play until running all over the place screaming (until one gets hurt) or they will fight over every little thing, ie who eat sweet first... duh... can go crazy...

Snow, yah... nowadays TX/HW in Pri School is very advanced... I had to read some questions a few times or refer to the textbook before I understand what they want!!

Sylvia, you veli bad leh... still laugh at her Harry Potter look... :p Hope her scar fades soon...

Cindy, it's nice to hear she's getting into a routine... dun worry...
happy.gif

snow, dunno the one nearby will be the same or nt. stress to see u like that leh. hahaha!

Celyn,
yu xi is cute loh!
happy.gif

Cindy,
that's very norm for me, all the sch hol, I hv to keep repeating the same ans :" it's sch hol, no sch. When sch open, then we go, ok?"

students go sch cry non stop, she wanna go sch, cant go, that's the ironic part of it.
But it's gd to know ur kid likes. BBM's classmates still hv cry all the way til now. Cry til face red and hug like koala.

Jen, actually cant see clearly coz fringe cover lah. but if I was a harry porter fan, think I will LOVE BBM now loh. :p She prefer sticker over. Now is how to recover it for CNY. If nt, I hv bombs in front of me to answer...... faintz.

morning mummies

don't think i have time to login later, going to move back to my office today and lots of packing to do.

jen,
they can play together, maybe cos their age gap is smaller.

sylvia,
cute and 'qi si ren' loh. though her speech is much better compare to yu ze then but there are still time where i don't know what she wants. she will whine and whine or cry while we try to figure it out. she also want to do things herself but how to let her do herself when we don't know what she want right.

yu ze then is much easier in a way cos he won't demand to do thingss himself. so with his limited speech, we can survive. hahaha....

talking about wanting to do things by themselves. Yenn is really irritating me in insisting to do ALL the things by herself, even though she might not or it will take her longer to do so. To add on, she will roll on the floor and cry, shouting "I want to switch on the lights all by myself"....

Very happy today for me cos Yenn din cry and said "See YOu" to her daddy when he drops her off in school.

Sylvia, how about just tell them it's a tattoo if pple ask during CNY... LOL! :p

Cindy/Celyn, Re: demanding to do things for themselves... I'd like to tell you, my 7YO is still at that stage... yup, can cry and throw tantrum/whine (and we dun understand what the problem is) if we did something she wants to do... so HANG ON! I am too...... :p

celyn

maybe u just let her do and follow and see what she wanna do?

maybe girls? I have been handling a self help child since age 1, take my mug to drink milk, wash her cup, bowl, take her clothes to washing machine... so kinda used to hv a little helper.

She is quite good temper, will keep repeating til I get what she wants. :p

Now I cook, she will be IC for putting pasta into hot water, but will put a table cloth ard the pot to prevent she hurt herself. She will also stir the pasta/food while i cut ingredients for base,etc. so quite ok.
happy.gif

celyn

maybe u just let her do and follow and see what she wanna do?

maybe girls? I have been handling a self help child since age 1, take my mug to drink milk, wash her cup, bowl, take her clothes to washing machine... so kinda used to hv a little helper.

She is quite good temper, will keep repeating til I get what she wants. :p

Now I cook, she will be IC for putting pasta into hot water, but will put a table cloth ard the pot to prevent she hurt herself. She will also stir the pasta/food while i cut ingredients for base,etc. so quite ok.
happy.gif

sylvia,
the problem is i don't know what she wants to do. ask her she will just whine and cry and no action if we fail to understand her loh. sigh....

morning mummies. =)
relax abit liao, nynn brought back her spelling book last nite.
now started to stress abit on 听写instead le, her chinese cmi leh.
and her teacher so "gd", their 听写 on next wed...meaning to say we no need to enjoy cny liao lor. -_-"

as for zynn....haiz....dunno why she start to learn "i friend this person, dun friend that person" this yr, typical trend in pcf? =P

Hello mummies, long time never login but have been seeing you all on FB. How i wish that we also have a secret fb group too!!!

Been busy with my baby too. Time flies and he is 4 months old! Going back to work in 1 month's time
sad.gif
:::

Cayla has been very noti and rebellious too! Keep going against our instructions and persuasions! Have you started using cane?

Wishing all mummies n babes a Happy Lunar New Year!

In case I din appear as rushing reunion dinners,etc.

Happy dragon New year! Hope all are healthy and happy in year of dragon!!

Celyn, think slowly pah. all kids are brought up diff with diff characters.

Dongle, u go n set up a secret group loh. Kekekeke!!

happy.gif

I dun use cane but when I use hand to hit very hardly, it means that's the ultimate, so no need to use cane. Plus cane might hurt more as the strength of adult on a kid might not be well enforced in midst of anger. If frequent beating, it will lost meaning too.

happy.gif

sylvia,
she has more 主见 and strong headed, she wants things her way.

dongle,
i hasn't use cane yet cos there isn't any at home too. i usually beat with my hand or send to back to room. reason and talk to them after they calm down. it works well with yu ze cos he very scare i don't want him. he will start crying if i say i don't want him cos he is naughty.

yu xi maybe still don't really know yet but not much reaction to this.

Happy new year, mummies. ;)
Nynn keep asking me:"can I sleep already? U need me to help u chase nian away anot?" -_-"
Think teacher told them the story of cny ya?
Ha ha... >D

snow74,
my relaxing and easy:

new year eve - fil's elder bro house to eat reunion dinner (yearly affair)
new year - fil's place in the morning and lunch, after lunch go my mum's place then home to nap and wait for fil to come for steamboat dinner
2nd day - go aunt's place then home for nap and go my friend's place after nap.

happy new year to all.
two days seriously not enuf. been rushing from one place to another. tiring plus my maid stomach upset, so need to take care of three kids. haha.

back to work and damn no mood so sneak out to Vivo for lunch and take a break and shopping.

morning mummies

on mc today cos of bad flu. also on standby that yu xi will be send back by cc anytime her fever come back.

need some advise, yu ze teacher says that he is not concentrating in class and 答非所问. i don't know what we can do to help in this area at home. i don't see it happening or home or didn't really notice. maybe also cos our conversation will not be 'academic' and its more general.

eg from his teacher is, yu ze what letter is this? his answer is i want to eat apple.

celyn - take care.
Did you ask the teacher what letter she teaching? maybe she is teaching A and Yu Ze replied I want to eat apple. Its relevant. But dun worry, most of the time, our kids know what we are asking but they just refused to reply accordingly.

Just like Yenn refused to do her colouring and teacher feedback and ask if we teach her colouring at home. Actually she knows how to colour but she dun like to so when the teacher is not aware, they tends to make some assumptions.U monintor him a bit. maybe you can so thorugh the letters with him at home and see what is his reply?

I always think should make learning fun for them and dun stress them too much also. They are still young.

morning mummies

cindy,
i didn't check cos it didn't come to my mind then. anyway, i observe him yesterday he is ok. did manage to have a conversation with him. shall monitor him and see how.

Celyn

I think either he's not concentrating or he doesn't know the ans and just anyhow give one or like wat cindy wrote.

happy.gif

Mummies above 35, do u hv health prob after 35?? :p just hurt my knee cap and then now.... I hurt my back and affected my chest. sometimes painful till wanna cry. I was thinking my body reach age 50?? :p

Re : Cane
Wow! Seems that you 2 very good temper! We use cane to threaten her mostly by beating on furnitures & sometimes beat her legs but she dont seemed to be scared and end up more angry with us!

Sylvia, I go figure out how to create the secret group. Oh, you better take care of your health ok?

dongle,
not that they are good temper but its mummy who can ignore their nonsense, close both eyes and ears till the limit is reach then they are in trouble. hahaha....

Morning mummies! Happy new year, 恭喜发财,万事如意,老公孩子乖乖!

We had a week off for CNY. Juz came back to work ytd. Last week was crazy. Wanted to send Velle to school so that we have our own time but she fell sick on Wed. Fever went up and down. No choice but to keep her at hm. Luckily no more fever ytd morning. So back to work n skool.

Dongle,
4 months liao ah? Tats fast!

Sylvia,
I also haven't reach but all bones breaking liao. Always have backaches these days. Cannot bend down. Maybe it's becoz the kids are too heavy for us liao.

Re: CC Teaching
My colleague was juz telling me abt the new cc tt his son (same 08 bb) is going to. They will hv sit down lessons in the morning. And the teacher will drill the kids n make them come up to write their answers on the blackboard. If you miss any lesson, there will be remedial on Fridays. So stressful hor? Do your kids' CC teach a lot of stuff now?

hi mummies,

Long time no login. I have been busy and sick too, with my girl falling sick twice in the past month.

Sigh... now that I'm at home, my girl is very sticky to me. She wants me to bring her to school since it's just a walk away. Then I have to bluff her we are going to playground or somewhere else, then she will leave the house. When she's in the childcare, she will cry when she sees me leaving...
My presence is like making things worse lei....
Now thinking what if I'm home during the 4 months' maternity?!

celyn,
I think no worries about Yu Ze, u should watch and monitor / observe. You know your child best. Sometimes, my girl also refuses to answer certain basic questions like how old she is, what's her name, etc. But when ask her what colour is this, or what is this, she can answer -_-"

U take care too. I'm sick as well, nursing a bad throat infection, else won't be here in forum.

Mummynana,
No lei... my girl's cc don't have such things as far as I know. But she just started new cc and full-day so can't comment much.

When she's home, I will spend 30 min to 1 hr to get her to recognise Chinese characters, as I find her Chinese lacking. But I don't want to stress her too much.

valnsw,
yu ze don't know the answer to his name and age loh. you will never get an answer from him if you ask him how old and what is his name. i think he doesn't relate yu ze is a name.

Celyn,

But when u ask him questions about his favourite things such as Thomas the train, i.e. what colour is this character etc, does he answer?

If he does, I think he should be ok.

Kids are usually responsive only to the things they like.

Dongle

ok, wait for ur probe.
happy.gif

Nana, Celyn,
ytd the doctor told me must nt think old if nt body will get old... I told her are the signs that showed me that I am old leh. Hahahaha!!

The pain is still around but at least I can sit up and not like having heart attack pattern.

Celyn
BBM's ans v auto sometimes, no matter wat u ask, she will say her name. I think sometimes she din bother to think and listen as she is occupied with wat was around. when u dun ask, then she will come n tell u.

Nana,
ur frd's son cc v stressful lah. write on the board?? like in pri 1 leh..........

I think bbm will draw faces n colour loh. hahahaha!!

to me, as long as dun get last in sch , ok liao. most impt is healthy, happy n street smart, just excel in whatever she can and strive.

行行出状元

Celyn,
Hahaha... I will ask Yu Ze his name the next time i see him.

Sylvia,
Ok. I will try to think young. Den maybe I will feel less tired.

Re: CC
Yah. Go up to the blackboard to write answers. If cannot answer, the teacher will do additional coaching after the lesson. Like remedial lessons. So scary hor?

valnsw,
he can't recognise colour too loh. always name the wrong colour.

mummynana,
hahaha... you try.

sylvia,
i think must think and 'act' young now. :p

celyn, sylvia, I have created the secret fb group and have added you two inside.testing 1st, can add on the rest of the mummies later. but then, should i just add all or wait for them to ask to be included?

Dongle,

roger!!

Celyn,

yu xi's thread on pri sch??? wah......

I only planning where to bring bbm for gaigai n trips. she telling me that she wanna see snow n ask me bring her there..... :p

morning mummies

sylvia,
yah. the topic is on pri school loh. can die right. some of them not even in cc yet and they are already talking about pv and which school liao.

so where are you going to bring her to see snow?

Fb secret group created. Now only Celyn, Sylvia n me inside. Think any of us can add in the rest of the mummies. Those interested let us know ya?

Celyn,

ya.. haven't go cc/playgroup, think pri sch...

see snow.... few years later pah. see if 2nd one also comes and can go together.

Nana,
ya... alot of parents only think academics but life is nt about academics. that's why the behaviour getting fm bad to worse. academic no 1, but nt the rest. :p n causing stress n alot of side effect to IQ & EQ in long run.

We hv more "superman" in sg now than past years.

Back