(2008/07) July 2008

me
sad.gif

oh.... i'm so so phobia about all e morning sickness n vomiting n heart burn which i suffer throughout my 1st pregnancy
sad.gif

my boy is only 14months old.... never planned for e next one actually....

my EDD is end june / early july. went to see my gynae last week and he said still very early. only can see the water bag.
this is my first pregnancy and feel quite uncomfortable. nauseous and tired all the times, plus panicky.
can anyone tell me how to stop the nauseous feeling and bloatedness? Plus my breasts hurts too.

<font color="ff0000">Congrats to all new MTBs!!</font>

<font color="0077aa">Here's some common pregnancy problems:

Often pregnancy brings with it some of these troublesome conditions. Here are some of the more common pregnancy problems and how to deal with them.</font>
<font color="ff0000">Anaemia</font>: If you find yourself tiring easily, chances are that you are anaemic. Apart from the iron pills from your doctor, eat plenty of green vegetables, lean red meat, dried fruits and nuts as a natural source of iron. Iron supplements may cause constipation
<font color="ff0000">Backache</font>: Sleep on a firm mattress. Maintain good posture standing straight and not slouching when sitting. Keep to low-heeled shoes to avoid adding further strain to your back.
<font color="ff0000">Morning sickness</font>: Take smaller meals instead of three big ones. Nibble on plain biscuits when you are feeling hungry. Try some ginger or ginger ale which is supposed to quell the nausea. Avoid spicy foods and strong smells.
<font color="ff0000">Frequent urination</font>: Your baby is pressing on your bladder causing frequent urination. At night, lessen your fluid intake so that your sleep will not be broken by trips to the loo.
<font color="ff0000">Breathlessness</font>: Your uterus pushes up the diaghragm and your lungs have less room to expand fully. You find yourself becoming more breathless because of this. To help you breathe better when lying down, prop yourself up with pillows to raise your head and shoulders.
<font color="ff0000">Constipation</font>: Pregnancy hormones relax the gut, so food passes through the system more slowly. To help your bowel movements going, eat more fibre, get plenty of fluids and do some light exercise going for a stroll after dinner.
<font color="ff0000">Cramps</font>: You may find yourself experiencing cramps in your legs or feet. Calcium tablets may help. Or include a little more salt to your diet but check with your doctor before you do this.
<font color="ff0000">Fainting</font>: Many women get fainting spells especially in the first trimester because of the poorer blood circulation to the brain because of the increased progesterone. You can help yourself by moving your legs to keep the blood flowing. When seated or lying down, and you need to get up do so slowly.
<font color="ff0000">Haemorrhoids/piles</font>: These can be made worse if you constipate. Labour often aggravates them. Most times, they should subside after you have given birth. If not, let your doctor know and he may prescribe suppositories or ointment to shrink them. To help yourself, drink more water and include more fibre in your diet.
<font color="ff0000">Heartburn</font>: Because of the baby pushing on your stomach, this may cause the digestive juices from the stomach to back up into your throat area, causing heartburn. Tell your doctor if it gets unbearable. He may prescribe you drugs to safely prevent it. For some people, drinking a glass of milk helps prevent it.
<font color="ff0000">Water retention</font>: You may find your ankles, feet and hands becoming very swollen. This is caused by water retention. You can try to minimise this by reducing your salt intake and putting your feet up whenever you get the chance.
<font color="ff0000">Rashes</font>: Some pregnant find themselves getting rashes especially under the breast and in the groin area. Avoid tight fitting clothes and go for cotton underwear.
<font color="ff0000">Tiredness</font>: This is normal, especially in the first and last trimester. Try to get at least eight hours of sleep every night, and if possible, take a nap during the day.

Two days ago just found out and this is my first pregnancy.. then i had bad cough so i ytd went to kk hospital to see a doctor to get some medicine for my cough... and the doctor do a scan for me but the doctor said cannot see anything yet he never mention can see water bag anot but end up he just show me a little dot from the screen then i ask him how many week he never reply me and he said cannot detect heart beat ... so he ask me to go see doctor again after two to three week later.

Hi mummies

i have a Avent manual pump and only used for 1week. I'd like to let go as my milk ss is very low and given up for BF due to some personal reason. The UP is $99 , pls kindly PM me for those who is interested, price is negotiable.
1064131.jpg

hi all
if i were due in July 08 again, my #1 & #2 would be 3 yrs apart... how nice! But somehow we couldn't wait, and i'll b due in less than 2m. sighh! The only one in the family whose bday is not in the middle of the year.

Congrats to all!

hihi mummies
i m having my second kid. shd also be due in Jul 08. congrats to all the mummies here.

ling
u shd be abt 5 or 6 weeks? can count the number of weeks from your last menstrual period. at 4-5 weeks, may not be able to hear heartbeat. shd be able to hear from 6-7 weeks. when i had my first one, i went to see gynae at 4 weeks. din even do scan cos cannot see anything. then at 5 weeks i had a bit of bleeding. gynae tried to scan but no heartbeat detected. we got so scared and in the end do blood test to confirm the pregnancy. so if u can't see anything or hear heartbeat in early pregnancy, it is quite common. just make sure u take your supplements like folic acid , prenatal vitamins etc

missmissy
the symptoms u have are quite natural. if u keep feeling bloated, u can ask your gynae for some antacids to relieve the gas. eat small and frequent meals. usually bloatedness leads to naseau. u can keep some plain crackers with u. if feeling hungry just eat a bit.

this time round, i have problems sleeping. can't sleep at night. feel so tired but still can't sleep.

Thanks SY

i dun remember when is my last menstrual if im not wrong the fist days is on 18 0r 22.. hehehe i very forgetful de..

oh the doctor from kk that day given me cough med and folic acid so now i taking the folic acid that he give me..but the doctor never tell me i now how many week also never tell me when is the EDD he never said anything lor.. so i think i not going back to kk to see them. will look for other gynae.

u think when is the best time for me to visit the gynae? cos im abit worry i hope can hear the heartbeat asap to make sure everything is ok..some more this will be my mother 1st grandchild she more worry then me ...

Hi there! Really glad to see that actually there are quite a number of ladies that share the same delivery month as me.
I am in my 5th week and will be visiting the gynae next Thu with my husband, hopefully can hear heartbeat coz he will be away for abt 3 months to US.
Crossing my fingers now.
happy.gif

hello to all mummies to be....
I am new to this forum as recommend from my cousin, amabel's mommy.
I just went to TMC yesterday, as i am 5 to 6 weeks preggie therefore the gynae can only show me the water bag... must see next time liao...
Its terrible having those mornign sickness.. my head is pain every now and then, always feel like vomitting and is also very tired.. haiz.. wished my 4 months will pass faster.... nice to see you all!!!

ling,
my gynae is also at KK. i will be visiting this week. will be about 6 weeks. your 18/22 refers to sept or oct? if it's sept, u shd be able to hear bb's heartbeat already.

previously my gynae also gave me Vit C and the prenatal vitamins. did u get that also?

Hui ling,
hihi, think u shd be able to hear bb's heartbeat. i also keeping my fingers crossed that i can hear the heartbeat too!

your hb away for 3 months? u moving back to your mum's place?

hui hui
hihi
wow, all the mummies all so early. the MS and discomfort is normal. hang in there. ask your hb to show more TLC...
happy.gif

my gynae refer me to SGH national heart centre to verfiy whether i have the strenght to natural birth or not... because when i was young i got heart problem ... its happen when my gynae listen to my heart yest and found that my heart beat still abnormal.. hope everything will be fine...

hi all,

Nice to see you gals here.
I'm a mother of two now. My 2nd one is only 9 months old.

I have tested positive just this Monday when i missed my menses for ard 6-7 days.

Its really totally unexpected as me and hb is not planning for 3rd one and we thought that it was a safe period when we did it.

I didnt believe the result so i re-test again on Thurs and the result is the same.

But the thing is, i'm not experiencing any other symptoms except for the missed menses. there's no sore breast, change in appetite, etc. I just felt so normal.

I'm also worried becos of this. As my 2nd pregnancy, it was a miscarriage as there is no hearbeat detected till the 8th week. So im afraid that it may be the same case for this. Though its an unexpected pregnancy, i still hope that i wont have to go thru that experience again.

I should be in my 5th-6th wk now. Planning to see gynae maybe the week after next cos i also scared seeing gynae actually.

Ladies,

I got a question. My last mense is on 29 Sept. My cycle is irregular around 30-32 days but i remember clearly that i only BD on 19th Oct. Yeah, its only one day in that month due to my bad cough.

I think my ovulation is delayed for one week. So that will make me how many weeks now?

sy
my mense is on 18/22 sept but my cycle for this whold year is very irregular some time only two mth comes once eg. jan then april then july then aug then sept then now preggy i went to see doctor 2 time all said due to stress that y my mense late... think i will be going to see gynae next week ba see what they said

miracle
hope your 3rd pregnancy will be a smooth one. i also seeing my gynae only in my 6th week cos see too early also now use.

the number of weeks is always counted from the last menstrual period regardless of when u BD. not very accurate and not really reflective of the gestation period but that is the definition. so u r abt 6-7 weeks?

ling
so u r earlier than me.
happy.gif
my last mense date is 3rd Oct.

did u test yourself positive? how come doc said your mense is late cos of stress?

ya i test 2 time positive then i went to kk then also test positive .... that time i went to see doctor is in aug and june he said due to stress that y i mense late cos this whold yr my mense is very irregular....

but the doctor in kk scan already then never said nothing much leh ....

u went to see yr gynae already ? if u can hear the heart beat think my should be able too rite?

miracle

if ur ovulation is late. it is better to wait till u see the gynae for a scan den date the pregnancy....

my ovulation is also late somemore late 1 mth... if go my LMP, i suppose to due in jan, but i ovulated so late, now my bb is due in feb....

hi cheryl,

i was hoping to estimate the no. of weeks im in now so i can gauge when to see doctor. partly, dont want to go too early and then detect no heartbeat and have to wait for another 2 weeks again. I think the wait is quite torturing.

i had just made an appt to see my gynae this thurs. wondering if it is too soon??

how do u know that your ovulation is 1 month late?

Hi Miracle, I'm not a July MTB but a June MTB. Hope you dun mind me gatecrashing this thread. I saw your query and think I may have an answer to your question.

You are probably 6 weeks (4 weeks gestational age) this Thursday. But not everyone can detect heartbeat at 6 weeks. At 8 weeks, heartbeat can almost certainly be detected though. If you are anxious, you may just want to try your luck this Thursday. Even if you dun see a heart beat, you can definately see a sac. I went for my first scan at 4 weeks 6 days (about 3 weeks gestational age) and only saw a sac. I'm going for a scan tomorrow as it will be 8 weeks to detect heart beat.
happy.gif

Hi cactus, thanks so much for your answer. I think I may also be in 6th week only now.

Yes, though this is not my 1st pregnancy, i think I'm stil abit gan cheong about it.

So maybe i should not go for the gynae visit this thurs afterall? Maybe i should go next Thurs or Friday to see whether can detect the heartbeat or not?

Are you nervous about your appt tomorrow? Is this your 1st pregnancy?

miracle

my last menstrual is 16/04 but at 20/05 period din come,and test negative.... and at 02/06 i saw some clear discharge (EWCM) den i think i could be ovulating soon, tat nite i bd... only for tat time... but thru out i did test and it is still negative... at 19/6 i try again but this time it is positive... so i went to see gynae, tot can see.. who knw i cant see anything, gynae say still early... but 2 week later when i go back to see my gynae, i can see bb plus heartbeat (6week 3days).... so gynae i could be ovulated very late....

cheryl,

icic. so u actually missed one of your ovulation cycle. can you tell your baby gender already?

If so, is it a gal? I haard when you BD before ovulation, you will get a gal. If its after, then it will most likely be a boy.

miracle

i also miss my period ma... so probably, at may there is no ovulation at all... dun understand y, cos it has been very long that i miss my period so long....
i m having a boy

Hi miracle,

Yes, it's my 1st pregnancy. I'm not very anxious cos it was an unplanned pregnancy and hb and I weren't trying actually. baby was made during our honeymoon... so strike jackpot on first cycle apparently.

I had to go for a 4 week 6 day scan cos doctor suspected ectopic pregnancy and only wanted to see the placement of the sac. It was a GP referral to KKH A&E. I not eager but would be more relieved to see heartbeat tomorrow. Am keeping fingers crossed that things will be fine.

I've been experiencing heartburn at night, and tender swollen breasts (since week 3 - gestational age week 1) and nausea (since week 6). I've had a problem with too much gas since week 3 but that has gone away since week 7.

hi cactus,

if you are experiencing all the pregnancy symptoms, then all should be well inside. The more pregnancy symptoms the better cos that means your body is producing the necessary hormones to support the growth of your bb.

Good luck for your scan tomorrow.

miracle
for me, i dun mind seeing gynae early cos i just want to have peace of mind. hee, though i know seeing early may not be able to hear heartbeat. also can get all the nec supplements and hormones if needed.

cactus
yeah, miracle is right. that's why morning sickness etc may not be a bad thing. it means there's pregnancy hormones.

ling
so strange that even though u tested positive, the doc syas your mense is late cos of stress and not pregnancy?

miracle
for me, i dun mind seeing gynae early cos i just want to have peace of mind. hee, though i know seeing early may not be able to hear heartbeat. also can get all the nec supplements and hormones if needed.

cactus
yeah, miracle is right. that's why morning sickness etc may not be a bad thing. it means there's pregnancy hormones.

ling
so strange that even though u tested positive, the doc syas your mense is late cos of stress and not pregnancy?

SY,
Sorry maybe i never said properly.... the doctor said maybe my mense late due to stress is becos that time i go see the GP is in Aug that time i havent preg . i test positive is on 6 nov

then this time i test positive already then i having bad cough then i went to kk.. think on 8th nov i went to kk then he do a scan for me then the doctor said no heart beat detect maybe still early.. but my last mense is on 18/22 sept... i think maybe i only conceive in oct that y still cannot detact the hear beat? not sure but anyway i book a gynae on the 21th nov so after seeing the gynae see what she said ba...hope everthing is ok

do u all hv feel any cramp on yr stomach? sometime i do feel some cramp that y i think i better go see a gynae to make sure everything is ok.

ling
yeah i do feel cramps on the stomach. the uterus is expanding so it is normal to feel a bit of cramps or like aching. but it shouldn't be too long or too painful. be careful if u have bleeding.

think by the time u see gynae on 21 nov u shd be able to detect the heartbeat.

hi all ... i am a Jul-2008 MTB , just discovered pregnancy 2 days ago , today is 12Nov and i am about 3weeks pregnant... what do i need to do now ? which gynae is recommended in the east/central side? i stay near katong. is eastshore good ? heard good review about TMC too . thinking of 1bedder and a good gynae... also , heard must eat folic acid... is it 5mg per day ?

hi all... i tk m also due in July. 2nd child. 1st child is going to be 2 years old next week. Went for a check up at Gleneagles yesterday, 12 nov. Doc said abt 5 weeks 6 days old but i tk it is less tho. Anyway, will confirm next scan on the 10 Dec.
M now taking folic, iron (in morning) and calcium (at nite). M still nursing my 1st child.. hope to be able to nurse thu preg thu meeting resistance from gynae and people around me. So will see how it goes.... a bit hard to wean off coz my daughter is more addicted to my beasts rather than for milk.
Not much appetite. Tummy always feels funny.. prob coz i feel very nauseous...
now wif 2nd kid.. can't give as much attention to preg as the 1st one.. feel kindof bad and guilty... i need MORE SLEEP!!!! arrrrgghhhh...

hi all,
just one day and there's so many posts. pardon me for some ignorant questions. wat's BD, TTC and LMP.
for hospitals, how shld i go abt choosing? I'm currently seeing Dr Adrian Woodworth.
my last menstrual is around 17 Sept, so i shld be 9 weeks but i'm pretty sure my fertile period was on the 4th oct when me and hb tried for baby (my husband is working in msia, so that's the only time we tried). so how many mths am i now?

thanks.

Hi Ivy, i am with Dr Caroline from TMC. heard from my cousins she is a very good gynae fron ACJ... maybe you can try her... just went for my first appointment with her.. she is a helpful and good gynae i feel....

BD = baby dance aka make love
LMP = last menstrual period (date)
TTC = trying to conceive

missmissy

u shd be ard 8-9 week... but Dr. adrian can date the EDD by scanning too.. but if go by ur LMP shd be ard 9weeks+-

Congrats Ivy!

SY
Since my husband will be away for 3 mths and we are newly-weds, i have already told my MIL that i will be going back to stay with my mom.

I am in my 6th week now. Other than tender breasts, don't experience any morning sickness for now.
Will be going to the gynae this Thu.
Really want to hear the heart-beat during this visit. Praying hard now.

Back