(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

p1nk1e

juz wondering, for those who BF their kids till 1yr etc., as their consumption increase, will our supply increase too?
if not have to exhaust both breasts at a single feed? enough to go around meh?

flub

wow...wat did I miss?... whole day dun get to read much...'entertaining' 30+ Red Little Monsters from Sesame Street who chose to 'visit' me at the same time...

Gals, gymboree has 30% off everything. Anyone wants anything? I getting their swimsuit for my niece.

Anybody wants almost 100+ balls? Those used for filling up mini vinyl playpools? Need to let go. Collect from my place at AMK.

toot

hi ladies,

my son is back to rejecting bottle again...haiz...everyday now try giving to him but somehow i always caught him at the wrong time then i end up having to throw away the milk...and after that i'll latch him on...i've tried asking my hb to feed him but no use, he still cries...

those who bottle feed, do you normally wait till your baby ask for feed or give them even if they don't ask anyway at the regular interval ?

i think i may be a bit gan cheong that i prepare the bottle too early or too late...sigh...i have 2 months left before going back to work so hope he can accept the bottle in time...

flub

tute, wat I did previously is...latch him and when he stopped to breathe or reopen to grab, stuff the teat into his mouth...that helps him wean off me. but alas...the special kind of feeling during latching is also missed.

p1nk1e, it's a matter of demand and supply too. when they older, they start on solids too.

jac10

Dor
I was at robinson just now during lunchtime also. i went to john little spend $70+ then robinson spend $60+. I sms my sister saying i cannot work once start work sure shopping everyday one..haha

p1nk1e

amy,
oic! makes sense, forgot they start solids and BM is juz supplement liaoz..

jac,
i also shopping-deprived so will go mad after i go back to work.. haha

btw, anyone using Carlson wipes?
wanted to get from distributor but they no longer sell.. JL selling how much now ah, any idea?

leila

hi happy,

I've managed to finally steal out of the house and trf the $ liao. S$73.98 with trans. ref. no. 5714. Pls chk and see if it's in order.

So sorry for the delay. THANKS!!!

jac10

p1nk1e
worse of all i work in orchard..too many shopping liao cannot resist one. Later go home hb sure nag and nag buy so many things

p1nk1e

jac,
haha.. heng me work in ulu place, not as bad...
but sure sneak out to buy one...
my hb oredi give up on me liao i think :p

eileengoh

sgwave, i've having the same issue with my boy for the past 1.5wk.. he used to be drinking abt 125ml every 3 to 3.5hr.. but these past 10 days, he tends to throw up milk so we cut back his intake to only 110ml per 3hr.. and sometimes he cant even finish..but he seems alright.. so we havent brought him to the pd..

re medela swing tubing
i also never sterilise.. dont think we need to right? according to the instruction booklet just hang to let it dry.. if you want it to dry faster.. then leave the pump on to run with tubing on without bottle..

re scheduled feeding.. i think it depends on your preference.. we try and give him every 3 hours to try and establish a more predictable feeding pattern..

berrywife

Amy, I sent you an earlier sms earlier, wanted to know if you have sent out my items and the cost of postage so that I can transfer to you. Also, did you send by registered or normal?

jac10

amy
very very high lor plus now lunchtime nothing to do go shopping sure to buy bb things one..i doing outdoor sales so dont go out also cannot, when no appt also have to go out walk walk then come back.

jac10

thats why i never join any spree when u all organize cause i know when i start work i sure to buy alot of things...thats what we womens are right? haha

Happymum
How is the ON order? let me know when to pay u leh.

babyxan

tute,
i try to stick to 3 hrs schedule. if baby still sleeping, i will let her sleep. if she is awake and it is abt half an hour past 3 hrs, i will just feed her even if she never demand for milk.

dor,
good luck for ur 1st day of work. jia you! pump more milk!!

re: bb's appetite
seems like many of our bb's experiencing drop in their appetites. guess it's a growing phase?

cherylkjh

bx

mine actually not consider drop in his appetite, cos his teats has worn out, so when we changed his teat, he drink fast n finish everything....

cherylkjh

no lah, cos we using boiling method for sterilising. den we use latex teats, the teat become yellow liao, and when he suck no milk come out 1, have to twist n turn den milk will come out, but actually we use less den a month leh... very fast 1.. no good, silicone better...

kitsune_sg

Went KKH today, heng ah, baby's hearing normal even though she had a bout of ear infection.
She screamed and cried very loudy during the hearint test though, only managed to test for right ear but luckily that was the infected ear in the first place. :p

bkkgal, you mentioned that you watched your baby on the monitor. What bb video monitor did you buy? Price? Is it good? Thinking of getting one too cos baby getting too big for the Arm's reach mini co sleeper so may need to move her out of my bedroom to the big cot in baby's room.

By the way, on weekdays I pass by your mum's place after work at 6-6:15pm, she would have already left for your place right? Working this sat morning, hope can pick up the breast pad from her after I knock off at 12:30pm.

My gal also drinking less and less milk, heat up EBM, end up she either drink a bit then don't want like just now. (110ml left with 70ml) or fuss and don't want to drink although it's her usual 3-3.5hr feeding interval. Don't know why. :p

toot

amy,
thanks for the input...okie, i'll try one more day tomorrow...if he still dun want i'll try your method...so you're fully bottle feeding him now ? i still dun want to wean him off completely...trying to give bottle once a day...

bx,
your baby very nice leh...nvr reject the bottle eventho not hungry yet yeah ? actually my son also never reject direct latch on...heheh...maybe once he gets used to bottle feeding he also won't reject ?

jac,
*high 5*, i also work somewhere near orchard ! hehehe...not smack in the middle of orchard but close enough !!

re: shopping,
hmm...had a chance to go shopping last sat but hor i think i did too many online shopping that i've lost the wanting to do normal shopping...plus having my son there makes me a bit gan cheong...hahaha...

babyxan

tute,
ya, she wun reject. but she may not finish the milk. i'm sure ur son will get used and not reject the bottle in time to come

hppymum2b

re: <u>Private ON Spree #1 <font color="0000ff">(BATCH 2)</font></u>

Orders captured for :-

<font color="ff0000">~ jac S$45.12</font>
<font color="ff0000">~ kitsune S$47.22</font>
~ isabellali PAID
<font color="ff0000">~ vine_gal S$28.20</font>
~ bkkgal PAID
~ berry PAID
~ embargo16 PAID
<font color="ff0000">~ piglettail S$31.73</font>
<font color="ff0000">~ stephie S$7.04</font>

Those mummies in red may proceed to transfer to me as I will be placing order soon.. thks..

kitsune_sg

happy, I just logged out after paying Amy for my Gymboree purchase. Now got to log in again to pay you. So busy paying $ and online shopping. Haha ;) Anyway, have transferred, trans ref 1698727479

isobellies

cheryl
usually i google the particular nursery rhyme i want to find, fro there can find a few sites..i cant really recommend cos i usually just find what i want then that's it

stephie

tute
i've also been trying hard to feed my boy via bottle. recently getting better. but then, i think he only 'allow' me to feed via bottle. when my mum/hubby try, he will usually refuse and cry loud loud (tho he will also fuss when i feed, but after a few tries, he will 'guai guai' take). if cont like dat, dunno wat will happen when i go back to work. now must make sure my mum try feeding him at least once everyday.

stephie

tute
forgot to add. based on my experience, if i bottle feed when bb is already crying loudly for milk, usu won't succeed. if i do so when i think bb is hungry (eg. alr 3 hr since last feed), then will turn out fine most of the time.

stephie

happymum2b
hv trf to you.

To Account POSB Savings
126-16066-6 Happymum2b
Amount S$7.10
Transaction Reference 1698789307

tks.

garfield9

got a silly personal qn. please dun laugh hor.

our breasts now will leak milk every now and then right? so how to BD ah? isn't it very gross if it drips drips drips? anyway to prevent?

sgwave

Kitsune,
If your gal drink very much less than the usual feeding interval, does she want more in the next feeding or ask for milk earlier?

bx,
your gal is so guai, never reject teat when u feed her.

I tried feeding my gal based on 3hr interval, but end up having to pour away 90% of the milk. So nowadays, I only give after making sure that she is hungry.

Eileen,
I also cut back on her feeding to abt 100ml just now....still cannot finish

bkkgal

Kitsune
I bought the Dancing Dsisy monitor from Kiddy Palace $299. It's got infra-red so can see in the dark too.

Yeah, my mom still at my place abt 6 pm on weekdays. Sat/Sun is her "off days"...keke so she at home, you can go collect from her then

How's raeanne tonight? Good girl or not? Mine nowadays oso drink 70 ml out of 110 ml and dun wan already.

Just latched her. She drink happy happy and then bbbbrrrappppp! Big POO!! Almost leak, change her and then happy like bird again. Now hb trying to put her back to sleep while I pump.

babyxan

sgwave,
she will fuss and cry during the feed. i will keep telling her "ok ok", wait for awhile let her rest then she stop crying. she drink her few sips then continue crying. then i repeat. when left abt half bottle of milk, she will get used to drinking and stop fussing liao. must be patient. dun think that once they start fussing, they are rejecting the bottle. try to soothe them with words. pat pat them.

jac10

happymum2b
manage to do a quick one b4 my boss comes in.

To Account POSB Savings
126-16066-6 Happymum2b
Amount S$45.12
Transaction Reference 1699043724

Thanks.

morning ladies!

Happymum2b,
thanks! will transfer to you in a while

Breast size
i've stopped bf-ing (since week 6), now my boobs have shrank.... arrgh.

vine_gal

Happy, have tsf the payment to you. Pls chk and thanks.

From Account POSB Savings 126-25618-3
To Account POSB Savings 126-16066-6 Happymum2b
Amount S$28.20
Transaction Reference 1699136328

bkkgal

first day at work

gonna find a place to pump now...
bb was so cute this morning, kept smiling and chuckling, had to tear myself away.

Hi Happymum2b,

I have made the fund transfer:

To : Happymum2b 126160666
Amount : SGD31.73
Transfer Date : 08/05/2008 (Immediate)
Transaction Reference : 100000982163798

Thank you!

dor11

Good Morning!!!

bx, thanks!!

first day at work!
super sian

no mood for anything. keep thinking what G is doing now.

woke up at 630am n managed to express n also latched b4 leaving the house

goodgal

hi,

for mustella shampoo,we apply on bb's head then wash??cos currently,i put a few drops of the all in 1 whole body shampoo into the bath tub,then but bb in,mustella shampoo is just for the hair or whole body?