(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

cherylkjh

i see the cartr romper i wanna buy again... but the gap romper i buy 9-12mth, my son like can fit in 1-2 more mth time leh.... hb say dun buy cos so fast cant wear... the carter romper so nice

garfield9

happy,
i think E will gradually be able to sleep thru as she grows older. 4 hrs is not bad! =) i saw you at patsy's carters BP!! your shou3 jiao3 very quick leh

iso,
ya i oso say *keke* need to do something about it!! i'm using clarins body shaping cream. seems to help a little

cheryl,
which romper you eyeing

hppymum2b

garfield,
haha.. i like the purple piece but the price not cheap compared with other BP..

cheryl,
9-12 mth too big for ur son lah.. sure cant wear nw.. try to wear the sizes that he can wear now (or alittle bigger) else u can only keep admiring them.. for mi, i used to buy bigger sizes and keep for future until i forgot all abt it.. by the time i saw it, my son has outgrown it liao.. really a waste of $$.. for my gal, nw i buy 3-6 or 6 mth (depends on cutting), then she can wear it immd once i received the items.. so happy to see her wearing items i bought online.. hb see liao oso said pretty & dun nag so often.. :=P

bkkgal

haha gar me too! i think our bodies and minds are conditioned to wake up thru the nite liao. sometimes (which is v rare) when dd sleeps thru, i'll wake every hour to look at clock and monitor.

my mil stayed over with us last 2 nights. she oso kena conditioned liao. eerytime dd ngeh, she will say "shhhh..." even in her sleep!!

artemissoh

Hi Garfield9,

Wow! Your gal can sleep through the night from 9 p.m.? How old is she? I think must start to train Danica to do so cause going back to work last week of next month. Any tips? :p

Have been trying to establish a rountine for Danica to follow so that when I go back to work there will be minimum trouble. With the HFM disease, my HB and I have decided not to put Danica in an infantcare but to get a maid. <sigh> I was pretty resistent to the idea cause don't really like a stranger in the house. But my HB said maid can help to do housework when I around and take care of baby when I'm not plus we can date in peace so I succumbed.

bkkgal

kirsten
my dd's latch-on time has gradually become shorter and shorter. when she was newborn, feeding time was minimum 45 mins - 1 hr. this became 30 mins and now she latched 10-12 mins per side and she can empty my breasts already. i think as long as you can feel that your breasts are sufficiently emptied, it shud be ok.

happybee

sgwave,
i don't have a camera with me now, will try to take a photo to show you. Anyway, is is not bulky to carry..usually i pack it and put inside my handbag (of coz i carry a bigger handbag la).

happybee

dor,

Re: No. 2

ya, my gynae also advice me to try after 6 months during my previous checkup..but mai lah, i want to wait till 2 years later. So now must take precaution lor :p

I hear many different ways of ovulation calculation but dunno which one is correct..later calculate wrongly then "strike" how :S

garfield9

happy,
ya i bought the 5pc carter romper abt one month back. i think this is her 2nd round BP to clear stock.

bkkgal,
*hi five* was up at 3+am to pump, and then decided to wait for A to wake up....ended up doing housework while waiting until 5+am when she finally woke up. in between, kept looking at her to see if there are any signs of waking haha. hb was peacefully sleeping away and he managed to clock in a 7-hr sleep last night!!

artemis,
can i order 1x Bi-Omega and 1x Active Calcium to try out? i'll skip the Essentials for the time being. thanks!! will SMS you for payment and collection.

re sleeping - i didn't really train arielle. she's in her 12th week now and she does wake up once or twice most of the time =P

bkkgal

bx, have u been depriving yourself?! *gasp* poor thing, drink lah, your bb will love fizzy bm. heehee! I even take a glass of wine or two...make my dd drunk and sleepy. hee!

bkkgal

gar, uj will be so envious of el. he barely slept, poor him. last nite dd woke up 2am, 5am, 6am. i blame it on growth spurt. thing is when she wakes, we feed but she damn sleepy, can't feed well, so cannot last and i have to throw away the bm. so sayang. and then the next waking is quite soon after and then feed again but again sleepy. vicious cycle just keeps carrying on lidat lor. damn sian and tiring.

bkkgal

happybee
why dun u get the clearblue fertility monitor? use it as a reverse contraceptive monitor by skipping your fertile days. it's a bit expensive but i think it's the only reliable way to track fertile periods. later when ttc no. 2, you can use it for to check ovulation. i think oral contraception will interfere with bf.

hi ladies!

Jelly Belly
Garfield, iso,
haha...me too!
the 'funny' thing is i was more slim during confinment than now, i think it's due to the food type restrictions thus reducing my total food intake. after confinement, all hell broke loose (esp my favorites like alcohol and ice cream!). now my tummy is buldging and soft jelly like. OMG....

anyone like me-flatter tummy during confiement and flabbier now?

garfield9

bkkgal,
naughty naughty!!! you drink wine??? =P haha i think i should have a drink now and then too!!

dun say uj jealous of el, me also jealous man!! on average i have to wake up 2x more each night compared to him. then while he feeds A, i'm doing housework.

hang in there!! growth spurt will pass soon. anyway to keep K awake during feed? it's so sayang to have to throw away BM...

Re: type of milk
TBF
1. sunny
2. tongtong
3. Thankful
4. kitsune
5. Artemis
6. tute
7. Winnie
8. xiaoyun
9. Kirsten
10. kelly

Partial BF
1. bx / similac
2. garfield9 / isomil
3. dor11 / similac
4. bkkgal/similac
5. star70/ Nan 1HA
6. maruko/similac
7. p1nk1e/similac
8. frentee/Nan 1
9. happybee/ Enfalac
10. Jeannie/ Mamex gold
11. eileengoh/ Nan 1
12. isobellies/ similac/Nan1HA

FM
1. leila / Nan 1ha
2. Jac / Nan 1HA
3. cheryl / nan 1
4. piglettail/ similac

hi kelly,

i think i saw u mentioned something about bb massage class some time back, will it be possible to let me know more about it?

thanks!

xiaoyun9

frentee,
why you e-csect @ 39 weeks?

dor,
show us the picture of your Hubby Brand pouch sling, ok?

vitaglo spree #2
CB Diaper Area Wash 6.5 OZ, $6.62
(1) jeannie
(2) qingling(starry)

CB bubble bath light and happy 13 oz, $7.99

BUG REPEL SPRAY CITRONELLA, $7.92
(1) leila

BUG REPEL LOTN CITRONELLA 6.5 OZ, $6.69
(1) jeannie
(2) leila

SUNSCREEN SPF30 FRAG FREE, $11.82

SUNSCREEN SPF30+CITRONELA, $11.82

MOISTURIZING CREME 4 OZ, $8.83

SOOTHING &amp; HEALING SPRAY 6.5 OZ, $6.69

SHMPOO/BDY WSH SWIM DEFNS 8.5 OZ, $6.62

SHAMPOO/BODY WASH 17.5 OZ, $11.82

==================================
Calendula Cream -- OOS, $7.48
(1) dor11
(2) goodbaby
(3) tongtong
(4) bkkgal
(4) thankful

kitsune_sg

Gar, haha, I was about to share about last night so since you stalked me to Jan MTB thread, no need to repeat my story. Haha.
Thanks, will try the association method you suggested. Haven't been swaddling baby since she's 1.5 months. Problem I foresee is MIL has no problem putting BB to sleep so not sure if she will follow whatever routine we set. Their routine is to carry and pat BB to sleep as she cries, then put her on bouncer when sleepy then continue to rock until she's asleep. Don't know why we can't do that well. Sigh.

sgwave

kirsten,

Mine usually latch on for abt 5 mins also. The longest is probably 15 minutes. If force her, she will get very angry and cry as if I am torturing her... Also worry that she don't drink enough cos she took abt 10-15 minutes to finish the bottle. But then, she don't ask for milk until after 2.5hr or 3 hr later. May be babies more efficient in feeding directly.

If your baby puts on weight and remains active, I guess, should be feeding enough.

bkkgal

goodbbb
you dun have to test everyday. the fertility monitor will track your cycle i.e. count the days for you, after 1-2 mths, should be quite accurate and if you want to conceive, you simply test on your fertile days and then quickly BD lor. My austrian colleague use it to track her cycle and after 1-2 mths, she knows the cycle choon choon so they dun BD on those days lor. It works well for pp with regular periods.

garfield9

Kitsune,
maybe you try your MIL's method in MIL's house. i'm wondering is it bcos of the method, or bcos raeanne knows it's a different house/place?

bkkgal

GArfield
nowadays i mix the leftover BM into my milo and drink it up. i still can't drink my own BM neat lah. anyway, better than pouring into sink :p

sg_audrey

Hi Mummies,

I've a tin of NAN 1 HA (900g) opened on 27 Apr 08 to let go at S$25, bought it @ S$32. Self-collect @ East. Interested pls sms me @ 81887299 to deal.

My boy, Tristan only feed on it twice. Previously he was on it until I changed him to Similac as he was sick, now wants him to switch back, but he support Similac liao.

Thanks.

toot

kirsten/sgwave,
wah...so happy...finally some mummies with similar latching time...hahaha...my son too...only latch for around 5 minutes on average...after that he will release...was very worried initially especially after reading books saying have to latch min 15 min or so blah blah...finally i just relied on my gut instinct and see if baby can survive then that means he has enough to drink...

dor,
ur son using goon right ? how do you find it compare to nepia ?

bx,
i only took few sips of coke from hb's drink... but i do drink hot tea now and then at home but not everyday. i think as long as not too much it's fine...

re: diapers,
so far tried nepia, mamy poko and pampers... i find all 3 quite good but still prefer pampers because it's not too thick

dor11

xiaoyun,
re:sling
ok. when i got time to try to load from hp.

bx
re:fizzy drink
i drink everything except wine.

tute
re:goon
goon cutting quite big. size s is from 4-8kg.
i suspected my boi should be 7pluskg.the s size should ok for him.
re:compare with nepia
cheaper, can last longer, dub leak.

cherylkjh

back from polyclinic. have his jab, surprisely he din cry leh.. haha....

now he is 62cm 7.3kg now.... hee.....

btw i m selling my mim sling, any taker??? $30

babyxan

piglettail,
i oso slimmer during confinement. coz initially no appetite when PIL were staying with me. and the whole hse was in a mess. was very depressed. furthermore i was latching on my bb and she keeps demanding to be fed very often. so didn't rest well. now bingeing like nobody's business. oso got jelly belly.

garfield,
u do housework in the middle of the night?

eileengoh

Garfield.. yah very sayang to throw away ebm .. what we do is when bb drink halfway n fall asleep.. we put e remaining milk in a cup of hot water or bottle warmer, then we try and burp him.. sometimes after he burps he can drink again even if he doesnt wake up..

bkkgal, how much wine you drink? last week i had craving for choya.. only took one mouthful from hubby's glass..but next when bb took e ebm post choya.. whole day he was sleepy and looked rather dazed when awake... i didnt dare to drink again after that :p

eileengoh

re diapers.. i use pampers baby dry for day n mamy poko for nite and going out.. i find pampers baby dry cheap and good (abt 20cts per piece if you get during promotion) but capacity not as gd as mm pk as not so thick.. mm pk is gd but more exp.. abt 30plus cts per piece

garfield9

bx,
ya lor...light housework like fold clothes, wash and hang clothes, prepare bb stuff for the next day (eg. sterilize all her bottles, change her sheets and pillow cases, make sure changing station is all stocked up for mom). i normally try to get as much done at night cos once bb wakes up in the mng i am occupied with her liao

toot

bx,
yeah coke got caffeine...that's why i took sips from hb only, dun dare to drink one whole can. in fact tea and choc got caffeine as well. but i drink green tea so less caffeine
anyway i drink everything in moderation except for coffee coz to be honest i drink coffee to keep me awake so i dun drink if not in office...

dor,
thanks for the input ! thinking of an alternative option for daytime diapers that's cheaper...but then min purchase is $60, else add $8 so maybe i'll stick to pampers and mamy poko... :p

xiaoyun9

re: alcohol
read from a book that alcohol will get into bm in 2hrs or shorter time. alcohol is not good for bb in terms of brain development
since preggy, i already stop taking all alcohol. 2 bottles of opened choya still in my fridge. think the quality already change

babyxan

i guess i have been to strict with myself with the type of drinks i take.

yet i still eat a lot of junk food. my friend warned me not to take too much potato chips cos of the msg inside.

babyxan

re: household chores
garfield/dor, u two power leh. do housework in the middle of the night. still must pump and feed bb. i salute to u

loink

how long does ur baby take to finish milk from btl.. my girl can take up to 1 hr.. does the prob lie with the teat?how much are ur babies drinking at 12wks?

do u girls always feel full for bfing mummies?

babyxan

loinky,
my ger sometimes can take up to 45min. sometimes she can finish in 10min. depends on her mood. if i find the milk too cold, i will put it back into the warmer while i burp her.

u mean tummy full or breast full? my tummy rarely feel full ever since i start bf. can eat alot now compared to last time. u always feel full??