2007 Buangkok Mom??

slimz,
Yes thats e one. May hubby dun like it cos she said every level is enclose in a individual room but i found it ok. Wouldnt be so easily spread if theres hfdm. If u stops for so many days then comes thursday u have to start all over again. is very common when comes to long holiday.

Hi Wan,
Still trying to get hold of the pcf principal whole of this week. On course, on another line, not ard etc... Left her a message w some1 who picked up my call, also never return my call after 2 days. Just called, not ard again. Sigh~
Think fated if Jb can't get in. hahahaa...

I'll just try to transfer Jb again for K1 & it might just b just blk 303 PCF since its principal told me previously will give priority to siblings of students who'd studied there previously.
happy.gif

At least we need not headache abt his pri 1 admission. This yr Jx's sch already over subscribed by 4 on Day1 of Phase 2B. Most likely hv to ballot if there is more registration today.
Luckily for us last yr, only overshot by 1 registrant, so the sch managed to squeeze it in w/o balloting.
My neighbour is going to try her luck at phase2C when her eldest is already in SK Pri.

So u confirmed North Vista? R u within 1km?

Hi Slimz,
It's common to c delayed effect of separation anxiety bcos some kids don't realised on 1st day that they r supposed to go to sch everyday & stayed there for half/whole day w/o any family ard.
Hence my hesitation to push for a transfer for Jb when he is so settled at current sch after the 1st mth of struggling. Till now he is still not willing to stay put at my parent's place unless we r ard & we r at her place quite often & he is actually v familiar w them. Reasoning, bribery of tv, snacks doesn't work. Guess hv to wait till he is more secured.
happy.gif

Hi Adeline,
I also think individual rooms r less distracting for kids.
Really envy u, ur kids r great at adapting to new environment.
happy.gif

How much is the cc fee?

hi gals... adeline.. i super envy u leh.. how i wish meimei is in cc now.. oppss

slimz.. my hb dun like the hougang green cc.. dun knw why.. but i see ayden so happy in his current sch (did a spot check during his class/outdoor, saw he quite happy) so decided to just let him be... he dun realli adapt well in new environment lor.. i dun tink i wan a struggling morning everyday.. meimei will join him there in nov..
u jiayou ok.. last time ayden also like tat..then slowly, get the idea liao.. im sure sr will get used to it soon...

vamiga.. i got the pcf slot..9am slot.. decided to give up.. i tink with some parents like me giving up slot, maybe u will hav chance ya! keep calling else, make a trip down?

Vamiga,

I'm within 1km from Nan chiau, but hate the idea of balloting. North vista system sounds gd to me so far. I think my son is independent enuf. Heard they dun have much homwork. I'm getting constant feedback on north vista from my colleague. Parental involvement in education is their belief. They r doing projects & gg to melacca at P2!

Hi Wan,
Wow! Travelling overseas in P2! :b
R u within 1km to North Vista or hv to use ur pil's address if the phase 2C demand were to heat up by next yr?

Hi May,
Wasted that I don't want a 9am slot, else will try to ask principal if can give us a 1-1 swap.
Hahaahaha...:b
Does she hv an email address? Phone line engaged for the past 15min!
sad.gif

Another 4mths to Nov, v fast 1 so just hang on!
happy.gif

Will u be going back to work after that?

hi hi

i chanced upon this thread and is curious on north vista.

any comments pls?

going to register my gal this year and is considering nan chiau or north vista...

pls pm me.

thanks

vamiga,
school fees is $800 before subdidy. At least i dun need to headache on e enrichment part since everything is included. Very scare of school holiday thats y change to cc. Cant imagine 2 of them one month no school staying at home. Dun wish to take up e stress. After 5pm when they r back i will have a relax mind to entertain them till bedtime. good thing is now brother n sister very close even at home they learn how to play together. N gor gor is very protective of mei mei.

i called up kindertots leh.. the principal i guess.. told mi they dun mind accepting meimei even though she not yet reach 16mths leh.. now she is 15mths.. is it too early to let her join?

Hi Adeline,
It's great that they r v close! So heart warming hor?
happy.gif

Hi May,
U spoke to teacher Adil? She is the teacher-in-charge, v responsible & prompt type. The sch doesn't hv a principal.
Jb joined at 19mo & i know of an Indian boy who is still w the sch since 17mo.
happy.gif
Guess the teacher will pay more attention to the younger ones but I couldn't help but anxious abt Jb's safety when kids almost double his age & size were playing ard him then. Luckily, he is quite street-smart & alert, so seldom get bullied/knocked. So it really depends on Meimei.
But tot u going to send her to cc soon? Will she able to adapt 2 new environements within 4mths?

I finally managed to get hold of Buangkok PCF's principal ytd. Jb is 4th on waiting list for 8am class. Think slim chance!
hahaha...so let's c. :b
Hi Freedom,
R u registrating in phase 2C? Chances of getting into Nan Chiau was roughly 1/3 for the past 2 yrs, if u r within 1km. I know of many parents who didnt even bother to try last yr even tho they r within 1km.

vamiga.. i spoke to a malay lady... she's friendly! im also kanjiong abt megan if she joins.. so small size and short.. scare tio bully or wat.. anyway, i still dun knw if i shld put in cc wif korkor or the kindertots... being taking care of her.. so v bu se de...

also, ask ask u gals.. she wakes up at ard 8-8.30am then naps again around 9.30am - 10am.. till 1-2pm... then 5pm naps again for an hour..this coincides with the kindertots timing lor.. wat shld i do huh..headache leh..

Hi May,
Oh, then shld b Teacher Zura. She just joined this year but quite caring type.
happy.gif

Can understand how u feel abt bu se de, that's y i choose to take care of Jb's bath, lunch & nap in the pm myself instead of letting him go to a cc even tho it will b more worthwhile,cost-wise.

Nap-wise, unless u 1 2 consolidate & shift her nap till after sch, u might 1 2 wait for her lead & send her to sch only when she drops her a.m. nap, perhaps ard 18mo.
Perhaps u can try for a few days & c how she adjust to the new sleeping schedule b4 deciding on the sch?
Are u thinking of single or double sessions in the long run?

Hi Freedom,
Not familiar w North Vista but heard there r open house. Hv u been to 1?
If u don't like Nan Chiau, then ur course of action is quite clear.
happy.gif

Freedom, u might want to chk out north vista website. My colleague's girl just joined their sch toastmaster club at P2. So atas le

vamiga.. i tried before lor.. coz weekend her brother ard and super noisy.. so she will usually miss her nap time.. wah.. i tell u.. at nite soooo cranky lor... so i dun dare to shift her nap time lor.. im waiting for her to "drop" the am nap time herself..and hopefully nap longer in the pm..

hb ask mi to put her for 1 session first.. if she dun cry..then pput 2... alamak.. i knw her pattern sure cry super long lor.. now i feel like waiting till she reach 18mths then put at korkor's cc.. at least got korkor ard lor.. i find tat im so indecisive.. how i wish i can be like u gals.. decide liao then chop chop just do it!

yeah mummies we r back! brot fruits snacks and mozzies bites with us =(
very nice trip .. was worried sr will cry again today @ sch .. but she did not .. YEAH

Welcome back, Slimz!
happy.gif

Which resort did u stay?

Hi May,
Perhaps u can try drop her pm nap (since it's only 1hr anyway) & let her z earlier at nite, then slowly shift the a.m. nap by 30min blocks to ur preferred time? Then u can hv an early lunch b4 her nap too.
heehehehe...:b
These days Jb only z ard 4pm after I take cane out & there r days that he doesn't nap at all.
sad.gif

vamiga.. she slps early at nite liao leh.. ard 8.. latest 8.30pm.. difficult to let her slp even earlier..coz everyone not ready to slp yet.. lol..

seems like the cane is our best fren.. dun understand whyy we must use to cane to scare then will listen hor.. my boy also..at home nap time must scold and use cane to scare then will nap...

adeline.. u v taitai life liao leh.. keke.. i so envy u.. i now go where hav to lug my xiao bao bei along.. tml going for my B.wax.. still have to arrange for my mum to tag along..else no one help mi look after while i do the wax..grr

Hi Wan,
1 2 check w u what can the kids do on cruises other than swimming? Toying w the idea of booking the Royal Caribbean for CNY (ya, dates open le!) but am worried that we would hv to chase the kids ard a v crowded ship & if Jb will fall off the narrow bunk bed. Do they hv baby cot?

Vamiga, haven't been on royal carribean. But if the rooms r similar to star cruise, then better dun get those with bunk beds. If budget allows, go for the suites. Why do u need baby cot btw? There is a age limit if i'm not wrong. Newborns can't go on cruise & I suppose they dun have baby cots for that reason. R u planning cruise to Penang, melacca or KL?

Hi Wan,
We always let Jb z in baby cot during hotel stays so that no kid on our bed, else can't get a good nite z.
Heheehee...:b
There's a room upgrade promotion at Royal Carribean but the final cost for CNY eve sailing to KL & Phuket is $1K+/pax! Don't think it's worthwhile for a 4N cruise, so now it's back to e drawing board. :b

Vamiga,
u sure Jb can still fit into baby cot? We used blankets to stuff in the gaps. If not enuf, can always ask room service.

Royal carribean price is on the high side. We also considered. I even tot of taking flight to hkg then take cruise. But out of budget. Cheaper to take 2way flight to hkg

Hi Wan,
Can can, Jb only 95cm, so can still fit into bb cots, even those smaller 1s. He always curls up into a ball when z anyway, so still hv lots of empty space.
happy.gif

However, ytd he just declared that he doesn't 1 2 z in bb cot in hotels anymore, bcos he 1 2 z on big boy bed like gor gor. Guess will hv to persuade him during our next trip. :b

Had tried all the Superstars & even Sun cruises b4 1 of them sank, so quite keen to try Royal Caribbean if an opportunity arises. But guess will hv to wait 4 prices to drop further.

Hi Slimz,
We almost booked Lotus Desaru for a short break in late Aug bcos of good reviews! But decided to visit Kuantan again instead.
happy.gif

Is the swimming pools in Lotus big? Where did u kena the mozzies? No repellent?

Vamiga,
meimei is only 85cm. She never like to be constrainted in a cot. We tried to put her in a bb cot on board to hkg when she was 1yo. She cried like mad. Have to sleep on my lap since the flight was not full

oh baby cot. sr nvr zz in one except @ birth in Mt A and on plane to HK last April.
Din noe there's height limit for baby cots? I suspect sr is hitting 95cm le yet still I'm not paying her transport fees yet =P
btw, I've finally uploaded all the Desaru fotos on FB..geez, spent quite some time on it but still din get to the naming part yet

mummies, anyone brot ur kiddos to jurong bird park? is it fun?
we went ndp prview got 50% off .. can admit up to 5pax per disc voucher (i've 3 vouchers coz 3 goodie bags).. wanna go tgr?

Hi Wan,
Where did Meimei usually z at home?

Jb used to z in his bb cot until it was converted into a toddler bed when he was 18mo. We managed to "contain" Jx in bb cot at home until he was 2yo & tried to climb out by himself too.
happy.gif

Jb was ok w SIA's bassinet at 13mo, as we put him in only when he already z after rocking. In fact, my maid & I were able to enjoy our stick ice cream & movies while he napped half of the 4hr flight each way. So blissful compared to my numbed arms & legs when I had to carry him to z on budget airlines.

Hi Slimz,
Had never been to Birdpark since I was a kid!
hahaahhaa...only rem there used to b a mini waterfall. Wonder how it looks like now?
When do u intend to go? Think there will b more kiddy programs during Dec sch hols if the vouchers r still valid by then.
Will go peep at ur Desaru pix!
happy.gif

vamiga, we were equally blissful during our HK plane flight last April too.. hee.. she zzz 1/2 of the 4hr =D
the birdpark vouchers valid till end of this month. kids are 3-12yrs

Vamiga, my kids need to twist & turn like me in bed. Sleep one side, wake up upside down. Can't blame them cos they got my genes

I'm soooo excited and scare! woooahhh.. i've just "confirmed" a slot for megan at kindertots! starting on 2 sep!! having mixed feeling now.. boohooo..

boooo ... came back from KL trip over the weekend.. and i was picked-pocketed!
lost my $600+ cannon camera =(

Hi May,
Y wait till Sept?
Which time-slot? Hope to c ya ard.
happy.gif

Wah! Slimz! So jialat! *pat*pat*
Which part of KL did u kena?
Luckily passports ok.

vamiga,
in sungei wang i tink.. coz when we were there on sunday (our last day) my sis ever told me the front pocket of my back pack is opened but @ that moment it just didnt cross my mind that i had my camera there (cos for the past 2 days my young sis was holdng on to my camera...)
haizz.. ya lar, lucky passports still ard

vamiga.. my mum ask mi nt to put meg in kindertots coz she is the smallest size in the grp plus there's a bigger boy going ard beatng n pushing his frens.. even megan was not spared.. she was kicked rite infront of mi... my mum saw it and she's v worried.. ask mi to wait for first skool and let her go in wif korkor..

Wow May! Didn't know there is such a notti boy ard! How can anyhow kick pple?!? Ard what time were u there? Think it's safer not to mix Megan w kids that r too much older too.

Jb also picked up some bad habits from the older kids, like jumping on sofa despite my & teachers' repeated warnings & last week, he fell & cut just below his eye against a shelf.
Gave me a big scare w blood still seeping out even tho teacher already informed me of the accident b4hand. Luckily eye not hurt & should heal w/o any lasting scar. Sigh..
His sch is asking for confirmation of next yr's placement by end sept but PCF Buangkok still no news. Blk 206 PCF only left 2-5pm slot for next yr but the timing is no good. Guess would hv to continue w current sch as we don't want to send him to a childcare centre.

vamiga.. tats y cant put her at kindertots liao.. my mum 100% objection after wat she saw.. thus gotta wait till she turns 18mths and korkor sch got vacancy liao.. hopefully in nov..

v sianz rite..when they learn bad habits frm older kids.. ayden too.. will vomit blood lor..

how cm pcf buangkok cant let u hav any confirmation yet? those parents who forgo the placement shld have informed them liao wat.. tat day i went to tots house to take a look and there's lesson for 07' kids.. looks organised and they seems fun.. u wan to take a look?

Where's ur Tot's House & what time is N2?I can go KPO ard.
hehehehee...:b
The 1 next to my place didn't give me good vibes when I spoke to the teacher & poked my head into the class to KPO last yr. Small place, now that Jb is older, I want him to go to a "proper" sch for more exposure.
Some of my neighbours actually just use it as a stop-gap during N1 then transferred their kids to PCFs for N2 onwards.
hehehehee...:b

Btw, when is the deadline for informing PCF Buangkok abt cancellation? It called me this a.m but only hv 1-4pm slot. Must reply by next mon.
Really think Jb will disturb Jx doing homework in the a.m. Jx v easily distracted lah. So really can't commit but not sure if shld accept 1st then request for a transfer to a.m. slot,even if need to wait until after sch opened, or just con't to wait for a.m. slot now. Worried if i were to accept, then any avail a.m. slot between now till sch opened, will b given to those on waitlist instead of me, as I'm already a captured "customer". N2 next yr vacancies v tight in SK leh.
Then I'll v lugi & will hv a mess on my hand EVERY a.m!!!*FAINT*
Of cos, the + pt is that I will hv priority for preferred time-slot for its K1 & 2 lah. 303 PCF only hv pm for K1 & am for K2 & Jx will be in a.m. session when Jb is in K1 & 2 so i want to leave the options open. Am i thinking too far?
hahahahaa...:b

Yet, need to confirm next yr's placement w Kindertots by paying $600 in early Nov. Only $250 refundable w 1-mth notice.
Big headache!!

haven been here for long .. are mummies have the same problems..
my sr finally stopped her morning crying le. Either coz she grew out of it or coz she got more zzz since i put her to bed 1hr earlier n sleep 1/2hr more in the morning ..

Hi Slimz,
Good to hear that SR has adjusted to sch le.
happy.gif

I gave up the 1-4pm slot at PCF Buangkok & con't to stay on its waitlist for a.m. sessions. Don't 1 2 disrupt my schedule in case can't transfer to a.m slot afterwards since the sch said chances of transfer is quite slim as there r many requests already.

Hi All,

Im new here... just wanna ask..which CCC is recommended in our area..

Cos wanna bring back my boy from my in law place...currenly he is attending one for half day session near in law place...

Need some recommendation...hoping cheap n with quality...

Tks

Hi

Any FTWM living ard SK, HG or PG that works @ Arifreight Ctre, knows if there is any private express or direct bus to go there? Thanks

Hi everyone,
Did u smell an ultra bad sewage stench on 20 Sep night?
At 1st it was quite faint but when it gotten stronger a few hours later ard 10pm, we were quite worried & started checking all our pipes.
Then we realised it was from outside & tot to inform NEA to investigate if any leakage.
However, NEA told me it was a sewage project work nearby by PUB Sewage & gave me its hotline #.
But PUB claimed that it wasn't them & they had been checking the pipes, as there had already been many calls past week. He then told me it was caused by massive piles of cow dung for landscaping work on open space near TPE.
Anyway by then Fringe was starting, so we didn't bother to call Nparks but just closed all the windows & stuff towel under main door b4 turning on the living room's air con & lit an aromatherapy candle to get rid of the stench in the house. I had to don on face mask when needed to venture into the kitchen.
sad.gif

Thinking back, my mum had been commenting that my toilet was smelly since last week even on days when I had just washed it!
Wonder what was going on?

Smell prob at anchorvale worse than Buangkok side. We just go back to zzz so still bearable. It's from SLE/ TPE

Papers say it is from some compost transported to punggol way. They r still investigating. Smell with last a few more days

Hi mummies, any good cc to recommend in bungkok, sengkang or hougang area cos we will be moving to bungkok end of oct. Not familiar wit this area.

Back