2007 Babies going to P1 in 2014 :)

I'm waiting for orientation too!
But will be KS and buy uniform direct from supplier before orientation to avoid the crowd and rush.

At the moment I'm focusing on counting money, getting change, asking for permission to go to the toilet, and taking care of his personal belongings. :D

@littleonesinmylife... how do u start with counting money for ur kid? as in give some coins to count at home or you train to buy things in shops? :)

Happi_mummy, we started off with recognising coins and notes last year.
Beginning this year I started to ask him to add up the amounts (e.g. 1 50-cent coin + 1 20-cent coin = 70 cents).
Then we progressed to asking him to order his own lunch and paying for it.

Now we are teaching him what he can afford (meaning if he only has $2 note, he cannot buy something worth more than $2), getting him to pick out 1-2 items by himself at supermarket (look at price labels), then go to cashier and make payment by himself.
At the moment he still can't calculate how much change he will get, but he gets the hang that he will get change if he is not paying exact amount.

We play with coins and notes at home to practise too. Like pretend to buy things and ask him to take out correct amount to pay.

Hello mummies~

Time flies and all our piglets are gg to P1 next year.
I was so streesful during the P1 registration :( ....and lucky...she got in...
and just received the confirmation letter last week from the school and now waiting for the orientation...
Was excited and nervous she said...funny gal...

Yes... Time really flies...
Just now I was stuck outside the house (forgot to bring keys).
My boy heard me outside and quickly came to open the door for me...
I think "blink blink blink" and he will be going to army liao. LOL!

Eileen! Heehee!

I let him get used to real money and teach him must TAKE CARE of the money! LOL!
Bought him a wallet and gave him $2 to put inside. Ask him to bring to enrichment class to test how well he will care for his things.

Toilet wiping I started when he was 5yo cos I don't like having to run into the toilet the moment he shouts for me when he is done. LOL!

Ours orientation is 16 Nov.
Booklist will be given then. For us it is Pacific Bookstore, so we can just order online and they will deliver. No need to queue and buy on orientation day.
Uniforms you can check out who is the supplier and go to their shop to buy. Ours is a Bugis area, so we intend to go before orientation to settle that.

wow, u mommies already planned what to do! :)
I haven't started at all! :(
are you also gonna send kid to student care with the school?

morning mummies! is time to start playing coins with my son soon... muz teach him how to use coins...

seriously i duno how much they selling now .. 15 Nov will have to go for the orientation.
Mostly $0.80 to $1 for a simple bowl of noodles or plate of rice (with very nominal ingredients).
If add fishball/fishcake/meat/vege, can expect to be $1.50 - $2.
Then they have to buy drinks also?

I intend to give mine $2 a day.
Initially will pack food in case he doesn't have enough time to queue and eat.

hey yo, hope is not too late to join here :)
my DD is going to P1 next yr too, as her mommy I m feeling kanzhong :p
scare this and there, scare she will be bullied in school, how will she protect and stand up for herself.
is she going to cope well.. phew...

My boy's CC already start training them to finish food within 20min and also to take their own bowls of food from kitchen to dining area.
They need to practise. At home I also start to ask him to help me serve dinner (take dishes from kitchen to dining table) and I allow him to practise taking drinks.
Previously so scared he will make a mess but seems like he is quite ok with practise. Started off with half cup of water, then slowly allow full cup of water. If spill I teach him to go get cloth or tissue and wipe up the mess himself.

Mine is crybaby. I'm worried he will cry when he gets teased. LOL!

hey yo, hope is not too late to join here :)
my DD is going to P1 next yr too, as her mommy I m feeling kanzhong :p
scare this and there, scare she will be bullied in school, how will she protect and stand up for herself.
is she going to cope well.. phew...

cutejojo, i worried my DS eat and play then puke

My boy's CC already start training them to finish food within 20min and also to take their own bowls of food from kitchen to dining area.
They need to practise. At home I also start to ask him to help me serve dinner (take dishes from kitchen to dining table) and I allow him to practise taking drinks.
Previously so scared he will make a mess but seems like he is quite ok with practise. Started off with half cup of water, then slowly allow full cup of water. If spill I teach him to go get cloth or tissue and wipe up the mess himself.

Mine is crybaby. I'm worried he will cry when he gets teased. LOL!

thelittleonesinmylife, i got no worries for him on his eating duration.. he eat super fast.. worried he ate too much and puke nia..

yo apchen,
think ur DS may not hv time to puke coz they will try to eat as fast as they can lol :D
eat fast but they need to q leh.. sigh I scare the elder one will jump their q
my DD also, still taking her own sweet time doing things.. so worry she dun understand what teacher teach in the class.. :confused:

yo apchen,
think ur DS may not hv time to puke coz they will try to eat as fast as they can lol :D
eat fast but they need to q leh.. sigh I scare the elder one will jump their q
my DD also, still taking her own sweet time doing things.. so worry she dun understand what teacher teach in the class.. :confused:

Cutejojo, i think u dun have to worry abt the upper Pri.. coz their recess bell rings later than the lower Pri de.. They have a senior to guide them buy food for the first week i think... my DS went 2x school field to Pri last month and got one time he puked @ the canteen lo.. the upper Pri student guide him one also sway.. got to help him clean up.. lol!

hello mummies...

i gan jiong also...dunno she know how to buy food during recess time bo...
any woodlands mummy here...now gan jiong searching for student care....

I m from woodlands too! :D
my DD is going to admiralty pri which they CONFIRMED not gonna set up in house student care :(
the student care is just few steps away from the sch and they say will call us in Oct for registration.

I like super kan zhong for her, scare DD will be bullied in sch coz her class in cc now got few bullies already :(

I m from woodlands too! :D
my DD is going to admiralty pri which they CONFIRMED not gonna set up in house student care :(
the student care is just few steps away from the sch and they say will call us in Oct for registration.

hello mummy...:p
we all very stress huh...

rainingbear, i'm working in Woodlands... near by no student care?

nearby have la...just in front of the school lo...under waiting list....

So excited that i gt into the ideal school of our choice through balloting at phrase 2C

Wow... so happy to come upon this thread... can have so much to learn.. haha..
i also havent started all the training... haha.. guess is time to start soon..
As for the uniform, how do we check which supplier to go to ?
Call up the school ma? hehe...

Ocean,
didnt know ur kids is also a 07 baby :)

So excited that i gt into the ideal school of our choice through balloting at phrase 2C

Wow... so happy to come upon this thread... can have so much to learn.. haha..
i also havent started all the training... haha.. guess is time to start soon..
As for the uniform, how do we check which supplier to go to ?
Call up the school ma? hehe...

Ocean,
didnt know ur kids is also a 07 baby :)
Fen, i think go for the School Orientation and they will let us know.. mai gan jiong huh..

I like super kan zhong for her, scare DD will be bullied in sch coz her class in cc now got few bullies already :(
Cutejojo, ur DD got bullied in cc? sometimes duno how to tell them leh... i alwas tell my 2s if ppl bully u muz report teacher.. now little bit nia they will tell teacher and become complaint king/queen... wahahahaha!

now K2 le so a lot of things/time, teachers wld let the children to handle as when they go to pri they hv to learn/know how to deal with such situation
sometime, DD also bully ppl la but teacher said she very kind hearted de so not always happened.. haha.. s

but of coz serious matter hv to bring up, if keep bringing up to teachers then teachers will also tell them off.
I heard some parents and children feedback, they're so confused now as they dunno when to tell teacher when not to.. :confused:

ya man, #2 will be easier that's y we choose nearby mixed pri
saw some parents panic to send their 2nd child to pri, hv to go thru the balloting again since they sent their elder one to gal/boy sch
stress man...

ya man, #2 will be easier that's y we choose nearby mixed pri
saw some parents panic to send their 2nd child to pri, hv to go thru the balloting again since they sent their elder one to gal/boy sch
stress man...
cutejojo, ya man.. my hubby came from boys school and my Pri no longer exits.. lol!

apchen,
haha... KS ma.. i saw someone posted she know the supplier is from where and wanna go settle the uniform earlier.. hehe

cutejojo
hahah... ya man.. if gt mixed gender i will prefer choosing a mixed school dont have to go through twice :)

in Fact with two girls i also prefer them to go into mixed school.. hehe... for e fact that the next genderation will be stress free too if the school is a reputated one :)

Back