(2007/07) July 2007 MTBs

nor: both ur girls sure know how to pose for the camera
happy.gif
i especially like wairah's expressions.

claire: np...email me the pix only when ur free, no hurry. i have not shown krissa the trunki but mummy loves it!! the freida sure looks chio
happy.gif

Nor
Your two princess are so cute! So can pose for the camera.

Just back from HKG yty. Its so cold! Luckily i didn't bring Megan along!

peach puff @ 3.50USD sorry typo)
1- yanni
2- yanni
3- yanni
4- francis
5- francis
6- eunice
7- eunice
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-

apple cinnamon @ 3.40USD
1- eunice
2- yanni
3- yanni
4- yanni
5- francis
6- francis
*waiting list
7- eunice

mini fruits banana strawberry @ 4.00USD
1-francis
2- francis
3- francis
4- francis
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-
16-

1- yanni
2- yanni
3- yanni
4- francis
5- francis
6- eunice
7- eunice
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-

apple cinnamon @ 3.50USD (Shacks! i am so blur)
1- eunice
2- yanni
3- yanni
4- yanni
5- francis
6- francis
*waiting list
7- eunice

1-francis
2- francis
3- francis
4- francis
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-
16-

1- yanni
2- yanni
3- yanni
4- francis
5- francis
6- eunice
7- eunice
8-eunice
9-
10-
11-
12-

1- eunice
2- yanni
3- yanni
4- yanni
5- francis
6- francis

1-francis
2- francis
3- francis
4- francis
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-
16-

1- yanni
2- yanni
3- yanni
4- francis
5- francis
6- eunice
7- eunice
8-eunice
9-
10-
11-
12-

1- eunice
2- yanni
3- yanni
4- yanni
5- francis
6- francis

1-francis
2- francis
3- francis
4- francis
5- yanni
6- yanni
7- yanni
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-
16-

1- yanni
2- yanni
3- yanni
4- francis
5- francis
6- eunice
7- eunice
8-eunice
9-
10-
11-
12-

1- eunice
2- yanni
3- yanni
4- yanni
5- francis
6- francis

1-francis
2- francis
3- francis
4- francis
5- yanni
6- yanni
7- yanni
8- yanni
9- yanni
10- yanni
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-
16-

Tinsel
Here are some of my loots. hahahaa..
1970011.jpg

1970012.jpg

Found this HK Cheese!! How come S'pore don't sell??? Nice hor? Cute for bento..
1970013.jpg

Hi Eliz. wow.. the hello kitty luggage is so nice..
btw which shop in HK did u go and buy those hello kitty stuff.. i wanna go too during my next HK trip.. thanks

Hi Jess
The luggage i bought from ladies street. Much cheaper.
Most of the HK stuff can be found in Ladies street and flower garden street.
I shopped at Sogo Giftgate too. Many many places got HK. Just authentic or not u gotta gauge yourself
happy.gif

eliz!!! u managed to squeeze all loots into ur luggage??!!! i must say its definitely a very fruitful trip, especially the luggage & CHEESE!!! where did u get the cheese from? Got extra cheese to spare? u have a VERY sincere buyer here...kekekke. wat are the "packet" stuff in a long strip? gummies?

Tinsel
Nice hor?? I bought 2 packets only coz scared spoil. Sorry ah.
The long strip are cookies
happy.gif

I went with 2 20" luggages and came back with 3 and 2 more hand carry. U say can bring back not? Hahahaa..

Christmas Phototaking by Hart - proceeds go to charity!

Hey ladies, just to let you know that my favourite photographer, Hart, is doing a charity project whereby he takes photos of your toddlers at a very reasonable rate over the Christmas period and the proceeds will go to the Autism Resource Centre.

Here are the details. If anyone is interested, please let Hart know at
E. [email protected]
M. +65 9147 5123
B. http://tomatophotojourney.blogspot.com
W. www.tomato.sg

Christmas Charity
1. Valid for 24, 25 and 26 Dec only
2. Photographer = Hart
3. Duration: 15 min
4. Location: Outdoors at Haig Court Condo
5. Cost = $60
6. 3 x 5R prints included (can expect 25+ images retouched per shoot to choose - online gallery for selection of photos)
7. Not to be used in conjunction with other offers
8. 1 head only, add $10 per extra head
9. Can select one location for shoot - greenery, playground or pool

Can't wait to see your pics!

1- yanni
2- yanni
3- yanni
4- francis
5- francis
6- eunice
7- eunice
8-zann
9- zann
10- wienny
11- wienny
12- wienny

1- yanni
2- yanni
3- yanni
4- francis
5- francis
6- wienny
7- wienny
8-wienny
9-eunice
10- eunice
11-zann
12-zann

1-francis
2- francis
3- francis
4- francis
5- yanni
6- yanni
7- yanni
8- yanni
9- yanni
10- yanni
11- alvina
12- alvina
13- zann
14- zann
15- zann
16-zann

shichida/LNT mummies i have the answer to the mysterious blowing activity. Apparently, it helps in speech development. How true...hmmm i dont know.

LNT mummies i am curious, do your tods know how to solve the 3 piece puzzles?

Yolk: Based on Ally's speech therapy, blowing is important in her context cos it allows the therapist to see if she's making the correct shape with her mouth when she blows. From the shape of her mouth, they can tell when she speaks what sort of problems we might have. If you think about it, when we blow something, our mouths are round like an O, but some kids blow with flatter lips and if noticed early, can be corrected.
Another useful thing about blowing is it strengthens the tongue and this helps with sounds made at the back of the mouth, ie K, G, NG sounds.
In therapy sometimes we use a mirror and blow at it so that they can see the warmth of their breath, some of the older kids use bubbles to help with their blowing. Ally has yet to master blowing, you can see that her brain understands what you want her to do but she can't physically do the action. Its a work in progress
happy.gif

Jill: Thanks for the info! Really interesting. This may seem like a bit of a radical suggestion but how about encouraging Ally to blow out a candle? That will make it all a bit less abstract and since our kids tend to be quite task-oriented, that might work for her. Ems loves to blow out tea-lights at restaurants. We were at a Thai place last weekend and the waiter handed over the candle-lighter to us after a while as he was too tired to keep relighting the candle. But it kept Ems in her seat and let her practise her blowing (which might explain, based on what you and cheok have said, why she can suddenly say "mama"?)

Jillian thanks for the insight! Im soo going to take that activity seriously now...

yolk what a great idea! Get them to blow a candle is one way to train them to blow. Shayne is pretty clueless when i yell 'BLOW BLOW BLOW!!!'...im going to get him blow a candle..

shymz ya lor, the teachers been giving 3 piece puzzles during class. Im like...'HUH'?? But my friend's april boy can do it lei..and without ANY assistance...

jillian,cheok,
thanks for the info about blowing. going to try harder, want to hear that mama soon (currently she only calls mama when she's crying and wants something badly) so far she enjoys blowing at small pieces of tissue and watching them flutter... going to try candles

cheok,
eh, so far I've not done 3-pc puzzles in class... but i doubt C can do it.

1- yanni
2- yanni
3- yanni
4- francis
5- francis
6- eunice
7- eunice
8-zann
9- zann
10- wienny
11- wienny
12- wienny
13- obh

1- yanni
2- yanni
3- yanni
4- francis
5- francis
6- wienny
7- wienny
8-wienny
9-eunice
10- eunice
11-zann
12-zann
13 - obh

1-francis
2- francis
3- francis
4- francis
5- yanni
6- yanni
7- yanni
8- yanni
9- yanni
10- yanni
11- alvina
12- alvina
13- zann
14- zann
15- zann
16-zann
17 - obh

BLOWING
Hmm so the pple at Shichida do really know what they are teaching la? And there I was rolling my eyes whenever the blowing exercise come about!

Renee can blow now..and started doing it about 2 weeks ago. And just for fun, she will call "ma Ma" AND at the same time, use her lips to form bubble with her saliva. She think its really fun and gets a kick out of watching our reaction...so all thanks to Shichida then?! ;)

Hi Cheok,

My july boy can blow and we just did the 3 pcs puzzle twice and he can do it the 2nd time.

My boy also can say :
star, square, orange, truck , tree, with the correct pronunciation.

One amazing tihing is he can count by saying 1-10 now.

All these you got to practice every day 5 mins with him. He is only 16 mths now.

3 pcs puzzle
LNT does this too. Megan cldn't do it at all. She doesn't understand.
Party my fault coz i have yet to intro her to puzzles.
Anyone know where i can find such 3 pcs puzzles? Or shd i start with 2 1st??

ooh!!! so cool!!!

n my kiddo can say tyrannosaurus rex at the grand age of 2 weeks.

n now at the age of 3 weeks 4 days 2 hrs 16 min n 6 sec he still can't say any of the words above.

however, he can stick out his middle finger at pp that r super boastful.

p.s. BOTH middle fingers mind u. :p

hi everyone!

it's been a long while.. how is everyone doing??
im down with the fluuuuuu

yolk, i love the pictures of Ems!
very very well done.
oh it was at the clubhouse! Was wondering where they were taken!

bedebe.
THAT"S A LOT OF WORDS VEVE CAN SAY!!!

Bcube, you forgot to add the word SAND!!!
LOL

4ever, realy nice pics of your girls!Renz, Ashley is about the same..
does 3 word sentences too.
talks NON STOOOOOOOOOOP! real chatter..
she like to pull ppl by the hand, says COME HERE and drags them all over the house to play!

stopboasting:
youre an interesting character!

Nor, nice pics of Lis and Wairah!
which reminds me i need to get a cheongsam to Ashley too!

i need to complain,
the entire house is down with the flu.
Ash has been fighting a fever for the last 4days and it's always bobbing between 38.5 and 39.5
just when i thought it was gone for good, it creeped up
again this afternoon!

bummer

Hi Amber
I think your girl may be having roseola (fake measles), commonly associated with high fever hovering around 39 and above lasting up to 1 week. No amount of ice pad or cold water can bring the fever lower than 39.

My girl got it 1-2 mths back and I was really at my wits end with 4 days of overnite ice pad, etc.. Finally by Day 5, I rushed her to KK A&E as her fever went up to 40.1 (faintz). On day 6, her fever went down abruptly to low 38 and followed 37 after her KK visit (though medication prescribed same as 24hrs clinic) and we see rashes all over her body.

Signs and Symptoms
A child with roseola typically develops a mild upper respiratory illness, followed by a high fever (often over 103° Fahrenheit, or 39.5° Celsius) for up to a week. During this time, the child may appear fussy or irritable and may have a decreased appetite and swollen lymph nodes (glands) in the neck.

The high fever often ends abruptly, and at about the same time a pinkish-red flat or raised rash appears on the child's trunk and spreads over the body. The rash's spots blanch (turn white) when you touch them, and individual spots may have a lighter "halo" around them. The rash usually spreads to the neck, face, arms, and legs.

Duration
The fever of roseola lasts from 3 to 7 days, followed by a rash lasting from hours to a few days.

Elfy,

thank you so much for tht!
ive heard of Roseola, in fact bcube's bub had it too..
i dont know why, silly me, i never thought abt it..
you cld be absolutely right!
how do they get it and why?
today seems to be better.. but only whn i give her nurofen! calpol doesnt seem to work much!

i shld just sit it out and wait i guess..
if she still has it another day, we're seeing her PD.
but there's no stopping roseola right? has to work its course?

cheok, eliz,
did the 3 pc puzzle last week in class... C seemed to get the idea that we were supposed to piece them together, but didn't know how to fit them nicely. think i'm going to get 2 piece puzzles (saw them at toys r us) to let her try first.

oh, and she can finally blow now (i was so pleased the teacher was quite amused). but no mama yet
sad.gif

july_baby,
hey, don't worry. mine's not speaking much either
happy.gif
all of them develop differently. as long as they are meeting milestones, i think it's ok. i'm still constantly surprised by C each day...

yolk,
you do your own flashcards right? can I check if there's any particular website that's good? i'm finally starting on mine... checked with the teacher the other day, she recommended flashing about 20 sets per day (200 cards done in 3 mins)

Thanks Shymz,

My boy can only say : car, ball ball, mimi (refer to cat), ma ma (when asking for food), shoo shoo (shoes) Last time can call papa but now no more. Baby talk, babbling alot since birth and everyone thought he will speak early but did not. But luckily he can understand alot of basic stuff in daily life and his body parts etc. so i am ok with him. Just wait till he gets older then communicate with me. hee... Just be patient.

Hi Amber,
Quite a few babies here, including Krissa, already kena Roseola. Like what Elfy has shared, there's no cure for it and there's pretty nothing much u can do except to help bring Ash's temperature down wif plenty of sponging and to feed her wif the fever medicine prescribed by her PD. I remembered Krissa crying when she saw me wif the towel, even before the sponging begins!! Like u, I had a shock when my thermometer showed 40 degree Celsius. The funny thing is, when u start to see the rashes popping out, the fever should have subsided. Nothing to worry about the rashes(no pus), it'll go off by itself after a few days. Krissa had the fever for about 5 days, then the rashes appeared then disappeared after 2 days.

Of course, pls do bring Ash to her PD should u fail to bring her temperature down. Kiddos' fever really no joke.

Shymz: Toys R Us have the 2pcs puzzle? Will go buy, want me to help u buy? Can put at Bishan if u want. Lemme know ya. Like C, she seemed to know what she has to do wif the puzzle pcs but cant quite fit them in. Guess we'll juz have to go thru the works wif them a few more times. Krissa still refuses to blow at the LNT materials. At home, she would be blowing her recorder and whistle though.

july_baby: ya, patience is the word. Me oso waiting for my girl's golden mouth to open ;)

Eliz: Dun blame urself la. Nobody is born to know everything. Krissa oso can't piece the puzzle ma, likewise for many kiddos here. Our task is to assist and guide them along. Me going Toys R Us to buy the puzzles. U want me to help u buy? Can pass it to u when I go collect the HK biscuits from u. Lemme know.

Amber
I have done quite a bit of research then. There's no known cause for Roseola, it's basically a form of viral illness, most commonly affecting those between 6 mths and 2yrs. In fact KK didn't diagnose my girl with Roseola (I "diagnosed" her with that given all the tell tale signs). KK merely dismissed her as having viral fever after her blood and urine test turned out ok (cos back then was early stage of Roseola with some angry rashes).

Anyway, I suspect it got to do with the MMR injection since someone in this thread vaguely mentioned that MMR is basically the injection of 3 viruses to get our todd's body at the same time.

Bingo, just surfed the web briefly, it's indeed one of the possible side effects of MMR. I hope I won't put off some mummy who's about to go for MMR. By exposing our todd to 3 viruses at the same time may be too much for some, hence the side effects. There were also discussion whether we should even space out the injection (then again, it means yr todd will need additional injection and may affect a small %).

Since your girl still having high fever, you need to continue to sponge her to bring her temp down (no joke have burning hot fever above 39.5). Best to see your GP/PD if her fever did subsidize, then she may need to go for blood test and urine test to rule out other possibility.

Once the rashes start to appear, I merely applied some calamine lotion spread thinly over my girl's body - since she's too traumatised to see another doctor after her trips to 24hrs clinic and KK A&E (diagnose, blood test, urine test,etc).

Sorry for the long post, that's why I tend to "lurk" and not post.

MMR Side effects http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/mmr.html
"The three viruses in the vaccine act at different times and may produce side-effects as they start to work.

The measles part starts to work six to 10 days after immunisation. Your child may have a fever, develop a measles-like rash and go off their food.

About one in every 1,000 immunised children may have a fit caused by the fever. This is called a febrile convulsion. However, the rate of febrile convulsions caused by measles is much higher - one in every 200 children who gets the disease.

It's rare, but your child may get mild, mumps-like symptoms (fever and swollen glands) about three weeks after immunisation as the mumps part starts to work.

Children may get a rash of small bruise-like spots in the first six weeks after the vaccination, but this is also very rare. This can be caused by the measles or rubella parts of the vaccine. Take your child to your GP to be checked if you see spots like this.

Fewer than one child in a million develops encephalitis (inflammation of the brain) after the MMR vaccine. However, if a child who hasn't been vaccinated catches measles, the chance is higher - between one in 200 and one in 5,000.

Side-effects of the vaccine are usually mild and, most importantly, they are milder than the potentially serious consequences of having measles, mumps or rubella".

hi all,

can ask has ur boy/girl napping 1 or 2 times in the daytime? mine is stil napping at 2 times (very late in the morning like 11am, then next one is 4plus pm...then at nite ard 10plus then sleep to 7plus am....

also,
wat BREAKFAST do u guys give to ur boy/girl everyday? we give nestle junior(1-3yrs old) rice cereal everyday but now think it is TOO sweet for him.... dunno wat to replace wif???

hi sausagemuffin (yummy!!),

krissa oso nap twice a day @ 8+am or 10+am then 3+pm, slightly more than 2hrs per session. sleeps at about 9pm till next morn about 6+am(kena "dragged" out of bed by hubs coz gotta go to my mum's house)....not normal meh???

breakfast: 1st milk feed of the day wif half of it into his organic cereal & some wholemeal bread wif organic peanut butter or blackcurrant jam.

tinsel_elf
happy.gif
i was meanin to let dee try peanut butter but i thought toddlers were not meant to consume nuts (eg peanuts) before 2 ... was krissa ok with peanut butter?

tek_koh: my hubs gave my girl peanut butter by mistake, luckily no reactions to it, so ya, she's ok.

shymz/eliz: paisei..bought too many things and forgot that i have bought a box of 2&3 pcs puzzle from growing fun sometime back. hence, not going toys r us liao.

Hi mummies,

I apologies if being too proud of my child makes you feel upset. I was just too happy and only forum can share instead of telling everyone.

I just wanted to share the experience and let you know that daily 5 mins practices and play really works. You need determination and patient.

Honestly, there is nothing to boost of these development. As most importantly is we can teach our child well and grow up to be a person of good character and uses his great mind to help people. This the main idea of brain training your child.

Hi July_baby,

You are a humble person. Shymz is right as not to worry about the development. You will see surprises by your child. If you talk frequently with him, he will pick up.
Tips: say to him everything you see on the road when you go out with him like trees,cars..
Watch with him together on "Baby , you can read" and repeat the items together.
Most importantly, praise him and give him a big hug if he can do.

Although my child can say alot words but he still unable to call "mummy". He only starts walking recently as well.

Hi Eliz,
You can get the puzzle from popular or hand made by printing a simple picture and paste on card board.

shymz/eliz, toysrus has those wooden 2 pc puzzles with a small peg. think on promo now - buy 2 get 1 free. 1 puzzle cost 6.95 or something like that. promo still on last sunday when i went, so u might wanna go check it out cos its a steal!

tinsel, did krissa enjoy the babies prom? xy enjoyed the sections when the symphony played cos she got up and jigged ard, but was terribly bored in between (frankly, so was i!!)

stopboasting, think u cld have made ur point in a more polite manner. minus all the middle finger thingies definitely.

having said that, just noticed that recently, our thread has been more about sharing our tods accomplishments, rather than sharing and chatting in general? it did cross my mind that by all these posts wld make mummies with tods who are less developed verbally/etc feel bad? not sure if anyone also is of that opinion, and NOT saying it's a bad thing either. apologise if i have inadvertently offended anybody by saying this.

cheok, i think u are doing a GREAT job with shayne. even tho shayne is not talking much, from what i saw of him during that short play date at fidgets, he is really a very cheerful and responsive child! love his grin
happy.gif
if i havent said this b4, i think SAHMs are definitely the most wei da pp ard, having to juggle housework, plus trying to fit in teaching/preparation of materials.

shannon, i did take a bit of offence at ur post, mainly because u seemed to insinuate that cheok did not spend 5 min a day teaching her boy and inferred that a child is a slow speaker or cannot piece puzzles because the parents did not teach enough (if i was oversensitive, and that was not what you mean, pls accept my apology in advance) that is completely not true as each child develops at his or her own pace. early verbal development has also not been proven to reflect higher intelligence later in life. yolksac was a late speaker, and god knows, she's tonnes smarter than all of us here :p

oh btw, i'm not saying the above because i am a case of sour grapes (definitely not - xy's milestones are progressing way ahead of what is expected and what I expect, but i see no point in listing what she can or cannot do here). I just feel very strongly about this. again, NO OFFENCE MEANT and i hope this does not start a flaming war on this already quite thread.

have a good day mummies
happy.gif

shannon, i just read ur post after i had posted my reply. it is only natural for u to feel proud of ur child's achievements and nobody can fault u for wanting to share.

peace ya? have a good day!
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Tinsel</font>
Thanks for offering and de-offering. Hahaha.. Just kidding. No offense huh.
You and me same same, buy and buy, then forgot what we bought!!
No hurry on collection, just sms when u wanna come over.

<font color="0000ff">Jules</font>
Thanks for sharing. I shall rush to toysrus during lunch!
No offense taken at all. I too found this sharing can be abit sad for mummies when their tots aren't "to par" so to speak.
For me, i'm a lazy mummy. No 15mins spent on "teaching" everyday but i'll try and spend time with megan.
Playing is also good for the kid.

I think when comes to parenting, we all have our own sets of thots and methods.
I have a good friend who's a teacher and she just want her kid to play!
She says he can learn when he's ready and the rest of his life to learn.
He does not need to be a leader, just have a happy childhood.

Xmas Meet up
Ladies, is this still on???

hey mommies

just for the record, to this day wairah does not know how to jump.. she can only tip-toe and jerk her body up in attempt to jump. so as someone mentioned, their development varies and some kiddos have better motor skills, some are more developed verbally while others take their time and probably surprise us with their hidden talent later. Nonetheless, as parents, i'm very sure we find our kids special in their own ways.

my apologies as well if my update on my girl's development has kinda offend anyone. I guess the point here is not to say that "my child is better than yours or that my child is progressing better than so-and-so's son/d'ter."
we're just excited and happy to share, not to put down others.

all good aight?

<font color="0000ff">Wooden Baby Cot</font>
Anyone letting go? A fren of mine interested.
let me know details pls.

Back