2006/2007-Twins/Triplets MTBs

Hi mummies,
my twins, Alonzo and Alena are slightly over 5 months. I am thinking of giving my boy 2 meals of cereals... one in the morning and another in the evening... at the moment, he's taking a meal of cereals in the morning. basically, he seems very keen on food and i thought taking more cereals will be more lasting. any concerns?

dorayaki,
haha, your description of your girls' stage gives me a vivid picture of whats goin on on your end. I foresee myself in the situation soon. All the best, you are doing great
happy.gif

mooch,
Even with so much of protection i m worried as my first one likes to hit, squeeze, pull, and squash the second one.....

dodo,
I started my second meal 4 weeks after the first one
happy.gif
if i remember correctly.

Evening mummies!!!
J&Smum- so did ur hubby bring home many toys frm the sale?

Dodo- if they are not rejecting the cereal or constipated, it shud be fine..

Mooch- better nw?

talk abt constipated, the boy's bowels not as regular... normally alternate days or once in 2 days... maybe should give him some fruits instead?

Hi Dodo,

Thanks. I will let u know again cos I've just reserved an Ameda pump. Will think about it whether I shd get another one i.e. Medela PIS.

Fi, yes, on Friday, hubby carted back 8 items. Total damage $300. ON Sat, I chiong-ed down with another Mummy and this time, I grabbed 7 items. Damage done was $175. Grand Total: $375. Haha, I kept telling myself $375 ammortized over 3 kids is still quite reasonable *hee* But seriously, the items are very worth it. For e.g. I got teh FP VAcuum CLeaner for only $20, the Baby Grand Piano for $60 and the FP Little Pple sets for $20-$25 each.
happy.gif

Hi mummies
sorry to intrude, but would like to check if any mummies online who give birth to triplets in sep 07 ever engage a phil maid named Arien Bano? Cos she's been referred to me. Pls pm me. Thanks.

hey mommies
the national museum is having a children's season from 1 may - 6 july. there's a selection of exhibitions, workshops & performances to choose from, and some hv free admission. the murmurs playground and imprint looks like fun for tots.
you can check the programme out here: http://www.nationalmuseum.sg/

hi mummies,
my mil uses some brown rice powder which she adds to the babies' milk. is that ok har? i do not like this approach but wondering how to say to her. already hinted to her that doctor says not recommended to do tat but heard from my maid that she still does that... *faintz*

hi mommies,

my twins finally turning 1 soon, and i am in the midst of being like a mad woman planning their party..

but i also wanted to ask mommies, any good lobang for special birthday month/day/week buys at anywhere kids stuff?

i remember kidzloft got something for birthday month special or something also is it?

Hi Mooch,
I did make a trip down to kidzloft. Was quite disappointed coz I cldn't find anything that looked fun to them coz my kids are very action pac children..hehe and of coz it all depends on individuals. Over at the shop, all parents with bbs whose birthdays fall on the certain mth will enjoy 50% disct storewide.
I left the place and got a Ferrari ride-on toy car and rocking horse for the kids...:)

Hi Mooch,

The thread that that we used to order the dreambag seems to disappear....

Any idea where it has gone... I am interested to order..

Weiwei,
Getting to 2 months next week. No, not swimming yet....although I know it'll be good for them. They stayed over at my brother's place eve of May day and I finally get 6 hours uninterrupted sleep after 1 1/2 months. :eek:) My bro just brought them to poolside for some sun. :eek:))) You going back to work soon or are you taking NPL?

Crystal,
Just to share with you. I got to know about the dream bag from this thread too... but apparently it has been snapped up fast and next order would only arrive end may/early june. So I went to the dream bag website and apparently if you buy 3 you get 10% discount and buy 4 get 15% discount. If you buy 20 it's free delivery. I bought 3 and it costs me SGD$38.60 each, inc s/h. And I received it approx. 10 days from the day I ordered.
What I'm trying to say is, go to the website if you're still interested. :eek:)) www.thedreambag.co.uk/

hi crystal and lefhander77, so you went directly to UK website to buy? and include shiping was that cheap?

crystal, i also lost her contact, cos her BP over, but she did take our orders and will contact once it arrives.. i thot you ordered already? let me see if i can dig out her email somewhere. think its about $48 or something per piece right? i only need 2.

hi crystal, found it! jus did a search thru this forum. her email is: [email protected]

lefthander77, you buy already? was thinking if maybe its tat much cheaper from UK direct, then perhaps crystal, you and me, can combine to get the discount and perhaps buy it together?

Hi Mooch,

thanks for the email.

Yes, I did ordered from her, that's why no news...got abit worried.

Your suggestion sounds good. Was thinking of doing that too... Wonder if we order direct will be cheaper. I have ordered 3. As thought it is very cute, so getting for my good friend's daughter as birthday present as well.

If u intend to order direct, do count me in.

Hi lefthander,

Sorry missed out ur post....

Thanks for the information. That's alot cheaper than the bulk purchase.

Then I will order direct then. Wish to get the goods faster as well.

hi hi, have u all bought the dream bag?
happy.gif
din log in for quite some time cos internet connection down!

mooch, ur twin v cute and gal is sweet! love her eyes. aiyoh, look at ur dream bag makes me want to get my dream bag soon leh!!!

dorayaki, lovely gals, 18 months oni? but they look like little young ladies. don't have the terrible look yet!!! hiaks!

sigh....my gal's reflux so bad these 2 days that she doesn't dare to drink milk liow. Today, kept drinking 30ml to 60ml oni for eevery feed....looks tired, i heart pain. think will bring to PD tomolo or wed.

hi hi.... i ordered from petrina too....... but i'm interested to get the dream bag together too if we order direct... pl PM me if you ladies going ahead with it. i need 3...... but must contact petrina leh...

yah, r we v bad if so many of us suddenly withdraw from the orders? must check with petrina first i think....wonder how come her orders taking so long?

how ladies? i'm hoping to order online leh... may need to get 6 pcs for my triplets... and it's quite a lot of savings..... anyone wants to join me in the order? i'd consolidate:

mesh 6pcs.... to confirm size and design.

hi mommies, anyone has the singpost mailer for friso 2 $5 off and frisocreme $2 off coupon? if u don't need can pass to me? thanks. i'd send u a SAE..

thanks

hi mesh, i also want the dreambag..called crystal earlier..

i talked to petrina already, she mentioned she can lower $4 per bag from what she was selling it at.. cos her cost also high, cos she bring in bulk so must pay gst on her side. feel bad for her also.. but i pay $48 if i get from her. but i wonder if we do this ourselves how much per bag?

lefthander, you bought at 38.60 each, was that for the 0.5tog or 1.0 tog?

so who will collate this order? and who will order? let me know if still interested to do this ourselves? then i will cancel from petrina as well.

Above how much we must pay GST har? is it above US200? then we should keep it below US200 otherwise, we will be paying around the same as petrina too. Think lefthander paid cheaper cos she need not pay GST.
happy.gif

hi dawn, wah.. suddenly so many.. i think petrina mentioned S$400 and above..if we are doing this, i thik we are hitting that amount already.. so could be back to the same as wat petrina is offering.. she may have some extra stock, so you can try to contact her and let her know. thanks.

Re: Dreambags

Hi mummies,

Do your babies sleep in the dreambag in an air-conditioned room or without? Would it be too warm with the dreambag since my babies sleep without air-con?

mooch, yah...think by the time we consolidate and order, will arrive around the same time as petrina's order too.
happy.gif

thanks mooch... i have got in touch with petrina and most prob will go with her order.

but i'm interseted to get 3 more if the kids like the first 3. so any mommy buying direct from dream bag, pl count me in. thanks

a+cmum, i'm using mine in non aircon rm.... but i got the 0.5 tog one... think should be ok bah...

<font color="0000ff">A+Cmum</font>
A&amp;C nearly 1.5 years old and you still keen to put them in dreambag? Hee... Mine already used to sleeping on mattress with a blankie (which they often kicked away) and without aircon. I was hoping this would help them transit better when they start playgroup since the kiddos in playgroup had to nap on mattress. Kekeke...

<font color="0000ff">dawn</font>
My girls turned 19 months yesterday. Time flies! And they continue to test my patience daily but things are looking better this week. They still fight over toys and stuff but they're starting to have some "mercy" on me. Hahaha... But still rascals at heart, I guess. :p

Mummies!!! Morning...
My monsters have completed their routine jabs on mon.. Finally!!! N they were 17mths on the 6th.. Dorayaki, hw time flies!!!!Sometimes i feel the pressure of toddlerhood.. When they throw tantrums or refuse to do things my way...... But yest aft recap.g wif hubby ovr the tumultuous journey of pregnancy n motherhood, im glad they are what they are.. Im not making any sense i noe... Kekekeke....

A&amp;Cmum- mine do sleep in their grobag but will alternate wif their ikea quilt.. So mine really no preferance..

dorayaki, i guess as long as they r healthy, we dun mind them being little rascals lah hor?
happy.gif
but ur rascals so pretty, u got heart to scold them ah?

hozali, urs sleeping in aircon or non-aircon? cos my gal sweat v easily....so i v afraid the dream bag will be too heaty for them leh. so good your kids are 17 months liow....i wonder when will mine reach this stage?
happy.gif

mesh, i see if my kids like them first then decide whether to buy some more.
happy.gif

mummies, my kids are drinking less and less milk these few weeks. but still puttin on weight and happy, so should i bring them to the PD? oni the gal seems to have v bad reflux ever since i changed to a larger size teats 3 weeks ago. she has been vomitting almost daily since then....*sigh*.

Mummies!! Gosh its super early n my MONSTERS are awake!!! Its a bad start to the day... On wed, Dan woke up at 4am n refuse to sleep. He woke Yaz up wif his playing n screaming at 5am n things went haywire the whole day. Yest they were back to normal waking up at 6.30-7am... Today again but at 5.30am.. Im not sure wats wrong coz they have normally been sleeping 7.30 to 7am........ GOSH!!!!!!! Im lost.. Dorayaki, lyricist, A&amp;Cmum, J&amp;Smum- u guys gave babes ard my kiddos age.... Enlighten me pls.... Here's my 2 cents- Normally Dan wakes up n he will play by himself, but these few days he would look for Yaz, despite we telling him its dark n Yaz is still sleeping.. Maybe i shud try to let them sleep together? Coz they are in separate rms now.. But Yaz wakes up once at least at nite so i am afraid tht tht Would trigger Dan to wakefulness... I noe most of you are letting ur kiddos sleep together.. Any advice? They are napping once a day at least 1.5 to 2.5hrs per day. N they go to bed at 7.30pm. Too early? Too much nap? My kids have been on this routine for sooooooo long n im freaked out when they go away frm the routine.....Pls pls pls buzz me at 97918231.. IM desperate... wahahahahaha... Its an ungodly hr to be awake.... NOwadays.....

Dawn- mine are sleeping in aircon.. MY son still sweats in aircon.. Nuts i noe.. Hw i wish they were still bbs n helpless.. at least i dun have to go ard chasing them..... HEhehehehe.......

A&amp;C mum - my kiddos sleep in 22 degree air con with 1.0 tog, lately when the weather so hot, i put them in 20 degree with the 1.0 tog.
happy.gif
i think if you put on the fan, you better get the 0.5tog.

dawn - my 2 rascals also always so hot! sometimes in 20 degree air con still sweat with or without the dreambag!

fi - oh no.. today still wake up 530am ah? me no sleep expert so can't help you. if you put them together, there are chances they wake each other, but other times, i try to pick the other one up fast enuf, and most times it works.. sorry me not much help..

mommies need advice too - Austin dun want drink water / juice any type of liquid aside from his milk? any ideas? can help? you gals ever come across this? why why why?

Fi
sigh. i'm not sure if i'm in a good position to offer any advice since our sleeping arrangements is in a bit of a mess these days. we're all co-sleeping together (yes all 4 of us, incl hubby) squashed into our bed. which is really starting to take its toll on me since i can't get a good night's rest.

we usu let them fall asleep with us on our bed, and sometimes i wld carry both back to their cots in their room. min is a better sleeper, so if i manage to get her back in her cot without waking her, she can sleep till morning. kai will always wake up at least once. i try not to bring him back to our bed and instead try to soothe him back to sleep there and then. or put him on the mattress in their room and pat him to sleep. but if he continues to fuss, i'll hv no choice but to bring him back to sleep with me in case he wakes min. he usu hv no problem falling back to sleep after that, that lil monkey.

sometimes it's lil things like the temp of the room that helps them sleep. i also find that they sleep better &amp; longer in aircon, so sometimes in hot weather (like nowadays), i let them. altho sometimes we switch it off in favour of the fan in the middle of night.

kai &amp; min still take long naps in the day like babies. it's part of their routine already, so come that time, they'll usu guai guai fetch their soothers and go into their room and wait for me to put them to bed and bring them their milk. they've two two-hour naps (11am-1pm, 4-6pm) and they go to bed around 9.30pm.

mooch
i had this problem with both my kids. i just keep offering them water, ribena, anything! in various forms, sippy cups, bottles.. also made sure they take plenty of fruits for added fluids. actually as long as austin has no prob with his bowel movements, he shld be getting sufficient fluids.

strange thing is that recently both of them suddenly started wanting to drink water, lots of it. it started with they were sick and co-sleeping with me. i kept a bottle of water at my bedside for them if they wake in the middle of the night. they kinda acquired a taste for it after a while, and now they do drink some (not a lot, they prefer to play with it) whenever i offer them in the day. hope this helps.

dorayaki,
mine are 15 months old as of today and I feel like only a few months ago we were all preggie and awaiting our noties
happy.gif
My first one has also been sleeping on mattress on the floor since he turned 1 but he is all over the room.

Fi,
Aw dear, sorry to know your sleepless mornnings, I have been having this problem for a long time, they sleep in different rooms and still can wake each other up.......on good days my first one can sleep till 6.30 or 7 am and on bad days 5 am but my second one is a alarm wakes up sharp and 5 am. I have tried putting them to bed late but it wasnt helping.

For your case, its hard as they have been sleeping well before. Could it be the growth spurt as they're turning 18 months soon. Your kiddos nap timing seems to be fine to me so dont think they are sleeping too much......hang on there may be its just a phase! Hope u can get more insight from other mommies.

mooch,
Sorry abt austin, have u been giving water in sippy, straw or bottle? My advice is just keep offering and he will eventually drink (sorry may not be a good solution but this is what i did with my second one who hates anything other than milk).

Hi hi,

Re: Dreambags

I am not guaranteeing that it'll be cheaper, just probably easier and faster. My order was as below:

----------------------------------------
1 x 0.5 Tog Little Flowers - 0-6m () = £12.99
1 x 0.5 Tog Under The Sea - 0-6m () = £12.99
1 x 0.5 Tog Jungle Friends - 0-6m () = £13.49
------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: £39.47
10% Discount: £3.95
Standard Shipping Rate based on destination country (Shipping to Singapore ): £6.70
Total: £42.22

If you guys collate purchases then must bear in mind somebody have to deliver/fetch the product from someone...could be troublesome. My advise is to do your own calculations and see if it is worth it, you probably just save a couple of dollars only..or maybe not! But if Petrina lowers her price then go for it....good hor? Succumb under pressure...heheheheee....

ANYWAYS I tried it on my babies - not doing it's magic yet cos they still preferred to be swaddled. And 0.5 tog is rather thin; like windbreaker jacket,but ok lah.

Fi,
my boys have been sleeping together since birth, they ocassionally wake up and wake the other up, but i will just hush them to sleep. so far so good, but they now sleep at 10pm and later.. stressful for me cause I wake up early to work, abt 5.45am. i am trying to make them sleep earlier.

you can try reasoning, no one plays when it is so dark.
just remember sometimes can it be due to hunger that your boy wakes up earlier? it happens to my boys a couple of times when they suddenly have huge appretite. eating non stop in the day and wake up at 5am crying and crying until milk is served. :p then it suddenly stop.

Gd morning mummies!!! Life is peaceful once again.... Hehehehehe....... They are awake at 7 today.. Thx mummies for all ur comments and advice... Im beginning to feel rather silly now that i have seen n TALKED to some of you.. Frm what i can see, most of you have experience this early morning fiascos n interrupted sleep for awhile and here i am making a fuss abt it.....Im hoping this would be an intermitten affair... Heheheh...Thanks for ALL the help..

ah may- we did gif him milk then he would climb out of bed and walk out of the bedrm... Will try to reason with him nxt time if it ever happens again which i hope NOT............

MUMMIES!!!!!!!!!HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL MOTHERS HERE...WE HAVE ALL GONE THRU ALOT AND HERE'S TO ALL OF US!!!!!!!!!!!Have a great weekend............

<font color="119911">HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY</font> to all the wonderful mommies of multiples, its double and triple the joy..........

Have fun everyone!

Happy Mommy's Day to all of us! for all that we have gone thru, double the fun, double the trouble, double the happiness, double the frustrations, we should celebrate tomorrow double times!
happy.gif

lyricist and best twins - thanks for your advice on the drinking water! you know wat? the pigeon mag mag cup the 2nd stage, whitish color sippy teat thingy, he bit it off! so now i put the straw stage and let him 'fool' ard with it till he learns to suck it.. if they really can use straw, its sooo much easier..

how do you gals wean them to the straw? jus put in their mouth, and one day they jus can do it?

sorry forgot to add for those triplets and more will be not jus doubly mommies day tomorrow but alot more fun, more trouble, more happiness, dmore frustrations!

so no matter wat, Happy Mommies Day!!!!

happy mother's day to all mummies here!
happy.gif
being a mum makes me appreciate my mum even more!

hozali, glad that ur kids have resumed their routine....must have been tough on u that few days. sometimes i also sms my frens for help when things seem to be bad, like when they cry non stop...then the next morning when i see them well and smiling happily,i will feel silly too.

happy mommies' day to all! yes, this day is indeed more special for all of us! have lots of fun today and everyday!! ;)

Hi mummies,

Happy Mothers Day !
I'm new here and really need some advice from mummies here..
Went to see my gynae(after positive results from test kit) and did a scan.During the scan,my gynae saw nothing but only two eggs in my left ovary.The sizes are bigger than the other eggs.Gynae mentioned most likely might be twins.But I'm quite confused..isit too early to determine that whether its twins or not? But my gynae confirm that I'm pregnant.
Any mummies can advise me on this?
Meanwhile still waiting till thursday for another scan to confirm.

Mooch, for my son, he's always loved drinking water. So when we intro-ed the Mag Mag straw cup to him, he took to it naturally and drank even more water. As for my daughter, she didn't take to it well cos she didn't know how to suck. Sometimes, she could go w/o water the whole day, thus sometime we had to revert to the milk bottle (teat) just to get her to drink. Eventually, she got used to the idea of the straw and found it to be so much fun that she's drinking even more water now! Guess, u just need to have patience with them. Now the tots love sucking from straws so much so that whenever we drink Yakult, they will clamour for some.
happy.gif

Hi everyone,
Mothers day was great (despite the fact that both my maids decided not to turn up and hubby had to work full day)..........I cant believe i took it real easy, its supposed to be my off day but i was grounded, so all i did for the day was prepare food and feed my boys and then let them play in the living room while i lay dead on the couch watching Desperate house wives marathon the whole day. Hubby bought my late luch/early dinner around 5 pm, he came home fed the babies, bathe them and put them to sleep......good on him! sounds crazy and cruel? but i enjoyed it (just for a day)
Fi,
Glad that life is back to normal for u
happy.gif

Audrey,
Welcome &amp; congrats! For me, my gynae told me multiples on my very first scan itself. I think its possible to say multiples or not in your first scan, may be the other expert mommies will give u more insight into this.

mooch,
I offered sippy to my kids when they were around 7 months and only my first one got it (tho not that fast). I didnt like sippy as its not of much different from bottle so i offered straw and it was a immediate hit with my first one. However, my second knew how to suck the straw (may be) but he didnt want water, so I kept offering him the straw bottle first after each meal and after he played enough with it i'll give him water in spoon. Few weeks later he sucked water and smiled at me and i immediately cheered him up to do more, from then on until now i keep encouraging him to drink water.

Back