2006/2007-Twins/Triplets MTBs

Harlows, Best_Twins! U going to the zoo tmrw? We'll be going on Sat. Praying hard for good weather.

Irin, you'll be at the Baby Fair tmrw? We're also thinking of popping by tomorrow at around 5pm. The fair's ending, not sure if there're still stuff for me to pick up tho'. Didn't have time to pop by earlier....

Re. childcare, are you Mummies all thinking of sending the kids to half/full-day childcare? I was thinking of playgroup for, like, 2-3 hours. How many hours is half-day childcare? I'm actually very wary about sending them to such places, afraid that they'll catch germs
sad.gif

J&Smum,
u going zoo too? me thinking of cancelling today coz its like gonna rain. moreover, its best to go early.

I m thinking of sending them to Half day cc first then gradually convert to full day. Half day is usually 7am to 1 pm or 1 to 7 pm. For me i may send them in at 9 am and pick them up at 12 until they settle in well.

re. playdate
thanks dorayaki! i didn't even think abt those stuff. yup, i think i'll need some mommies to help contribute all those on yr list, esp disposable cutlery & paper plates. all you mommies will be bringing yr babies' lunch?

i hv some foam abc mats, but dunno enough to let the pre-walkers crawl around. if it's convenient, one of the mommies can bring a bumper playmat?

as for toys - i already hv the following: slide, tent, ball pit w/balls, basketball hoop set, 2 ride-ons, lego, assorted balls.
actually i think duplicates shld be ok since there're so many kids. just bring whatever you like/is convenient for you.
maybe those moms whose kids can handle crayons already will want to bring them? i can provide big sheets of mahjong paper.
might need those of you who arrive early to help me cart the toys downstairs.

best_twins
thanks for the info
happy.gif
i've decided to just send them to the cherie hearts just across the road from my place for playgroup (3 hrs) twice a week. distance, like you said, is a major factor.

all i want at this stage is an opportunity for my twins to interact with other kids their age and engage in some outdoor play. will eventually switch to half-days mon-fri and then prob full-day cc when i return to work.

J&S,
oh, I'm talking about the Expo Baby Fair not the Taka one. hehe! I saw some good deals for wipes & diapers at the last year fair so going to take a look this time

lyricist,
ok, now that you mention, think duplicates are fine bah. We'll just bring whatever we can contribute.
happy.gif

Evening mummies!!!

Dorayaki- not gng bird park liao. Dan down wif bronchitis!! N thrs a funeral gng on under my blk.. Directly under my hse.. Sigh.. Looks like its gng to be many sleepless nites for me....If Dan's not better by Sat, will be on nebulizer.. Shucks!!!!!! Lets make anthr respite soon!!

Best twins- hello! home already? Or juz for the weekend?

J&Smum- mine is a PG for 3hrs... Daily, but mayb i will start them off wif twice a week......

Lyricist- count me n my munchkins out for the playdate.. Apologies... Its their nap time n they become true monsters if they dont sleep. Irin had a taste of how it was today when she acc me to the PD wif Dan..Lets have anthr date real soon..

lyricist,
Great that u have found the PG
happy.gif

Fi,
Just came for the weekend, will be coming back for good around this Oct.

A+cmum,
my elder one is also like yours skipping the PM nap and now he only naps in the morning for about 2-3 hours, i m trying to push his nap later but it doesnt seem to work yet as he wakes up at 6 am.

re playdate,
How wonderful that u all are getting your kids to socialize, its a shame that i m missing it
sad.gif
Have fun ladies and kiddos
happy.gif

J&Smum,
decided to go zoo at the end, it was really a fine day. my boys really enjoyed themselves, it was soo tiring for us but worth it!

Hi mummies,

Fi- hope Dan gets well soon.

Best_Twins - at least your kids are sleeping like 2-3 hrs nap, mine is ard 45 mins! Fr next Mon, I m gng to swtich them to like child care schedule, 1 nap only in afternn. cant stand it anymore.... ahh...

Lyricist -
Yes, my kids will have lunch before gng. For the pizza ordering, 2 adults only (me & hubby) gng.

Things I will bring:
1) ride-on/pusher, cloth books, balloons & pump (think they ll like some balloons, uh.. anyone birthday coming up.. haaa..)

2) Cut fruits like papaya/watermelon whatever is avail in mkt. For both adults and babies.

3) paper plates, cutlery, cups, serviettes and trash bag.

Hi Mummies...

I just delivered my twin girls 2 weeks ago and now looking for a stroller for them.

Need your advise..is it better to buy the twin stroller or to buy individual ones based on your experience ?

Thanks in advance

hi crystal,
hi i have one twin stroller and two single strollers, i need twin stroller when i go out alone with them and single strollers when i have enough manpower. If u have enough people to help u i would suggest that u buy two single strollers.

Best Twins- hey u, Dan is down wif bronchitis.. N Yaz is having fever... sigh... have been battling sickness after sickness for the past 2 weeks......

Crystal- i have a single n double stroller... For me, if i dun need to battle many escalators, i will use the double... But if the place very squeezy, a single n my ergo..Hope this helps.

Hi Best Twins and Fi,

Thanks for the advice..May I also ask what brand are the both of you using ? There are so many brands out there...Kind of confusing..with each have their own claims.....

Fi,
Oh my, i can understand how its when the kids are sick my first one was also sick with fever last week a lot of phlegm, now the pd has given him medication to clear his lungs. Hope Dan and Yaz will get well soon. having both down should be tuff on you, take care ok
happy.gif

A+Cmum,
Oh my second one was also like that taking 2 or 3 naps lasting 30 to 45 min, kids usually move on to the second stage of sleep after their first 45 min so thats when they stir in sleep, some will get up and look like they have done with sleeping but it would be good to pat them back to sleep. I tried this with both my boys and it worked now my second one is also sleeping 1 hour + or 2 hours at times. Having said that, some kids simply dont sleep longer, so its good that u try one nap but try to combine them so that they will sleep longer. Hope this helps

crystal,
i m using twin stroller-maclaren twin techno, single-maclaren quest and cosmo.

ok bye bye everyone!

Crystal,
welcome! Me too using a single and a double stroller. Both Maclaren too. I just changed my single to Maclaren cos think it's pretty good for being lightweight & sturdy.

Hi Best Twins and Irin,

Thanks for the advise... Will go and check it out.

It is so good to find this website...full of admiration to all twins mummies out there. It is really tiring taking care of twins.

Best_Twins0
Thanks for your advice. They used to go back to sleep after the first 30-45 mins by patting or rocking. no longer nowadays cos HUNGRY! Shifted the nap from after breakfast to after lunch. Probably breakfast is too light to last their small tummies, a lunch will do the job to stretch the nap time. Slept 1.5hrs instead after lunch today.

all mummies..
got a qn to ask..
do u all have difficulty when sleeping sideways at night when pregnant?
cos when I turn to my left my left twin kick.. and when I turn to my right.. the right twin kick..
isit cos I m pressing on them??
will it affect them??
I cant sleep for the past few nights and getting worst.. only seeing my gynea this fri...

Hi Crystal

I think if you are cost conscious, can simply just invest in a twin stroller. I used to have 2 single ones, then end up buying a twin stroller (attached) that is one after the other (rather than side by side). I can go anywhere with this! It has stadium seating, so the 2nd kid also has views. Downward is the front seat cant be adjusted, though the 2nd seat can be reclined.

But it suits my purposes of wheeling them around with ease, and they hardly sleep outside anyway.. ;)

1315443.jpg

Hi Jessp,
Tks for reply, tot can claim 2 times..sigh** ;)

Hi Jaslyn,

I also afraid will press on the other baby if i sleep on either side, but my gynea said there's no problem as they still hf lots of space inside the waterbag so not to worry at all.

Hi Jlyn

Brand is Safety First, i got it at $169 at Kidzloft, during babies' 1st bday, this is the display set, hence so cheap, but no complaints so far...

pic of stroller can be found here - http://www.kidzloft.com/index.php?main_page=product&cPath=1&products_id=219&manufacturers_id=

Hi singmum

THruout my pregnancy, I could only sleep on my left side (turning to the right will give me immense pain!) However, no worries of pressing on any baby, cos they are surrounded by fluid! Also, they move ard all the time (in my case), so no one baby is constantly pressing on the other...

Hi Jlyn

Forgot to mention, each seat can take up to 18kg, so maybe good till 3 yrs old? Depends on your kids, my boys at 16mths+ only 10+ kg still..haha

Hi Jovia,

THanks for the photo...really helps a big deal for our reference.... Looks good and your twins very cute... How old are they ? Identical ?Sigh...Wonder how am I going to make it to see my girls so big...mine only coming 3 weeks old.

Hi Jaslyn,

Which week are you in ? Dun worry too much on hurting your babies..If uncomfortable, slip a pillow under your tummy when sleeping. It works for me.

hi singmum..
ic..
thanks!
thought they kick is cos they got no place..
cos it happens whenever I sleep on the side...

hi crystal..
I m in week 26..
hmm.. think will try tonight with a pillow..
thanks!

<font color="0000ff">Crystal</font> and <font color="0000ff">Jlyn</font>
Just a note. JovialGer's stroller is good for toddlers/babies who are able to sit up steadily. For those of you who are considering twin stroller for babies less than 6 months old, its better to get one which is side by side bcos you'll need the flexibility of reclining both seats.

<font color="0000ff">Jaslyn</font>
I used to worry a lot abt pressing on the twins when I sleep. But its inevitable they'll respond by kicking you. In the end, I just choose to sleep on the one whose kicking is less violent. hahah... Anyway, both my girls turn out fine and healthy at birth. So no worries. Just go ahead and sleep, provided you can ignore their kicking. Kekeke...

<font color="0000ff">Fi</font>
How's Dan &amp; Yaz? And yourself? Surviving?

<font color="0000ff">Alethea</font>
Will be registering my gals for full day childcare. Its only end-March and there are only 7 vacancies (out of 12) left in the centre within walking distance to my place, so I must act fast. Will start them on half day for a week, then go on full day thereafter. My plan is to send them there by 9am and "collect" them at 5pm. I'm also concern about germs but I think you can't avoid that. Just make sure you complete all the necessary vaccinations before enrolling them, then pray for God's protection over them.

<font color="0000ff">Mommies</font>
God was indeed watching over Chloe when I wasn't. Last evening, she tumbled down the spiral slide at the playground. It was my negligence. I watched her going up and down the slide so many times and "assumed" its alright to let her do it on her own while I try to capture her on video. Well, before I could video her, I witness her tumbling down before my very eyes. She landed with a slight cut on her lips (her teeth probably bite on it when her face hit the sides of the slide) and a bruise on her left leg. *sob* I almost went hysterical myself when I saw the concoction of tears, saliva and blood on her face.
sad.gif

See her happy pix before the accident...
1317236.jpg

and her swollen lips and bruised leg.
1317237.jpg

hi lil'twin stars...
oic..
haha..
ok.. will try to see if I can ignore..
and sleep on the one who kick less violent.. haha..
did u rest alot when u r pregnant?

Hi <font color="0000ff">jaslyn</font>
Yes and No. I worked for the 1st &amp; 2nd trimester. Then I was told in advacne by my gynae that I'll be given 6 weeks of "hospitalisation leave" when I hit week 30 in order for me to rest till it was safe to deliver the gals. I already made it clear to my boss I'll resign after delivery, so I decided to leave for good when I was in my 30th week. Rested for 7 weeks at home then waterbag broke on mid autumn fest. hahaha... The munchkins were keen to try the mooncakes, I guess.
happy.gif

Jovial, tks. Original price very ex. ! Wonder they have how many display sets.. hahaha. My elder boy is about 12 kg+ and the younger twin's weight hovers around 10kg. Elder boy is taller also. Funny.. i am quite amazed at my seriously dont look alike twins.

Dorayaki, was about to ask u post ur gals' pic so that I can 'drool' over them.. then i saw u post chloe's pic. How's the cut on her lip? Can buy those aloe vera gel from pharmacy to apply on her lip. No surprise how I found out about the aloe vera gel right.. cos falls happen so often at home.. haiz. Gal gal nice hor.. envy ;) My boys are going full day cc next mth too. I havnt bring them for prevnar, chicken pox and 18mth booster yet. Haiz.. so expensive.

Fi, how's dan &amp; Yaz?

Jaslyn, dont know about the other mummies.. I couldnt even lie on my back towards the later stage of pregnancy. Cant breath. What I did was to place a small pillow below tummy as I laid on my side. I didnt have gd sleep during 3rd trim cos alot of movements in tummy and i had early contraction as well. I delivered close to 38th week (cant rembr think it was 37wk 5/6d). Jia you!

Hi Jlyn

Wow... yur twins quite diff in height/weight.. mine still about the same, and people kept telling me they look identical, though I still believe they are fraternal..haha...(guess we will never know unless we do a DNA test...) ;P

Mine also have not done the 3 jabs you mentioned, going for pneumo next mth, and then 18mth booster in May.

Do you know you can use the 2nd twin's CDA account for payment of pneumo jabs for both kids? That's what I m doing next month, so this can also help to save some costs...

Chicken pox is actually scheduled this week, but one boy is still coughing (maybe partly from side effects of MMR jab early this mth?) so think we have to postpone this jab till later...

Hi Dorayaki

Yur twin gals very good leh, can go up and down the slide by themselves, we are still holding the boys around, and they have not really "gone" down the slides themselves (cos our hands are always there to support!)

hi lil'twin stars...
oic..
me also still working...
will check if my gynea..

hi Jlyn...
oh.. did u ask ur gynea y its like that?
for me is when I lie on my back..
will have backache..
u had early contractions and can still give birth at 38 weeks.. thats gd..
I was wondering if I can tahan till 36 or 37 weeks anot..
like lil'twin stars and u will be gd...

Jovial, yah i know abt the CDA. Using it for the jabs and cc. No doubt ur boys were in two sacs but they could be identical. My boys go where also ppl wont believe they are twins.. hahah..they healthy and happy can already.

Jaslyn, it's due to the 'added' weight. I had contraction very early.. probably ard 25/26th wks. Was given medicine to stop 'relax' it. Still, i was admitted at KK hosp during 32nd wk due to regular contraction. Managed to stop it and I returned after 2-day stay. Delivered via scheduled C-sec cos bbs in breech position. Can tahan one.. rest more, stay happy.

Jlyn..
"added" weight??
oic..
so early contraction can be stop..
both of ur bbs in breech position ah??
yep.. will try to rest more and be happy..
thanks!

hi all...been missing for a while..was on mc for the past over 1 week and i hv no internet access at home..

Irin, i think i saw you at Vivio city yesterday...just find your kids so familiar and seem to hv seen them somewhere...

Coco,
ya, I was there with Fi &amp; our kids too. Where were you? At the water play area or Burger King?

Mummies!!Good afternoon!!!

Dorayaki, Jlyn- Dan's all better... Yaz is still coughing though... Thx for ur concern.. We are ok.

Dorayaki- sounds tht u are all set to sent them to school.. Heheheh.. Talk abt losing sight of the kids.. Was at holland v coffee bean today wif my gf n her son.. Brought Dan along.. I juz put him down fr the high chair n turn ard to grab my bag, his hand got stuck in the slidind door at the emtrance... Gosh... He cried but i tink it was more of a scare rather than pain.. Thank GOD his was was fine... Or i would have stucked my head in the door... Hehehehehe...

Coco- was it you tht i was talking to while waiting for Irin? u were wif ur helper n boy? If not then i got the wronfg person...

hey mommies, sorry MIA again.. my babies caught stomach flu. first was the girl, then after that the boy.. both ok now..

Janice - my babies have been waking up for nite feeds from the moment they were born! i still trying for a way to train them not to, cos i believe my exhaustion is purely cos of the night feeds.. but lately they doing long (1 hour at least and maximum 1 1/2 hours) AM naps.. then they dun nap anymore at noon.. (sometimes maybe 10 mins here and there lah)

Lyricist - let me know what else you need us to bring? perhaps i could help in paper plates or something?

best twins - oh no! i missed you again! i'll email you.

irin - i also went baby fair at expo, manage to go mad at Nestle booth.
happy.gif

Fi - hope your babies are feeling better.. then we can meet up soon also!
happy.gif

Crystal - congrats! i got myself a twin stroller, no singles.. the maclaren twin techno.. so far so good
happy.gif

jaslyn - i had diff sleeping since 5 months preggie! like you, turn left, left twin kick, turn right, right twin kick. sleep face up, and i cramp everywhere..try putting a soft beanie pillow under the side you are sleeping.. sometimes it works
happy.gif

Dorayaki, how is Chloe now? mine are now fighting stage.. austin has a 4 little bite holes on his right cheek this morning, jus when i turn my back on them, cayley bit him! guess she is fighting back after all the hair pulling..
sad.gif

anyone know if i can freeze Not-pureed food? like if i mash/mince cooked food then freeze?

Hey, HI!!! Thts nice tht we met... Im the one tht u talk to initially... My boy was the one who was screaming at the top of his lungs at BK.. Hehehe.. He was tired n wanted to go back to the car n sleep... Nice meeting you!! Do you often go to vivo? Mayb we can mit up again? Do sms me at 97918231 to chat n mayb mit up... Me, Irin n Mooch mit up regularly...

hi mooch...
yep.. I tried last nite after all of u mummies suggest..felt better...
I also tried my very best to ignore their kicks.. hehe
thanks!

hi mommies
sorry, i've been MIA as well. really exhausted from doing childcare solo. just want to crawl under a rock and hide/rest these days... sigh.

re. playdate
in case you're wondering, haven't email all you participating mommies yet.. sorry, no time. will def do it before the playdate.

mooch/dorayaki
can you help me bring paper plates, disposable cutlery &amp; cups, and serviettes? thanks!

fi
good to hear that dan &amp; yaz are much better.

dorayaki
sorry to hear abt chloe's little mishap. think it's a fact of life with us moms of tots. i've also had either one of my twins fall and bump their heads or had their lil fingers/toes crushed by falling toys/furniture in front of my very eyes and cannot react fast enough to stop it happening. it sucks to see them hurt, i know
sad.gif
fortunately nothing serious so far, just lotsa tears and some pain.

are you intending to go back to work soon?

jaslyn
strangely enough, i'm one of those pregnant moms who sleeps most comfortably on my back. in fact, pregnancy cured me of my chronic back pain! diff strokes for diff (preggie) folks, i guess
happy.gif

mooch
yup, can freeze non-pureed food.

Thanks for all the advise.... Guess I will go with a twin stroller... Yippeee... going shopping this Sat.

Hi Jaslyn,
Try to relax and be normal... I also delivered my twin girls at 38 weeks. But C-sect cos the 1st baby breech. Dun worry too much. Let your gynae decide. They will be the best person to advise which is the safest and best way to deliver.

lyricist - dun worry too much! i shall email Dorayaki and arrange with her on the plates/serviettes etc..
happy.gif

crystal - happy shopping! if you looking at the Maclaren, the place at Ubi is good
happy.gif

lyricist,
re: playdate

Prob u didnt see my msg. I m bringing some papar plates, serviettes, cups etc. Have some spare at home for one of those home parties. But its ok if someone else brings along as well cos I ll be a bit late. My kids having lunch at 11am, shld reach your place by 1pm.

dorayaki,
Sorry to hear abt the incident at e playgrd. There have been countless times when my gals have a fall and bleed in the mouth. The teeth bites onto the tongue lips whatever. There are many times when the 2 lil vampires bite each other. Ouch..

mooch,
Went baby fair at expo last week too. Bought a lot fr Nestle &amp; Pureen. If not for these 2 brands which I'm using, wouldnt have bothered to go. Nothing else good there.

Jyln,
Are you gng back to work? I m considering half day child care next yr Jan, just before I return to work after 1.5 yrs of LOA. Think my babies are lagging behind in all the jabs like you.

Lyricist,
The play date sounds fun and looks like i'm gona miss out a lot. Think I may not be able to join you this time, coz I've to prepare for my boys' first year celebration..heheeh
All mommies,
Guess what I had a dream that I actually gave birth to another set of twin girls...currently I've a pair of twin boys. sounds scary ya..hahahhah
and I'm starting to worry...coz my menses has yet to arrive....and i've got the same bloated feeling like what I felt before I knew i was preggy with the boys....oooooooops......
keeping my fingers crossed...

Back