2006/2007-Twins/Triplets MTBs

Thanks Alethea
happy.gif

I have a boy already so very glad that it was a boy and a girl.

Hi doggies mummy,
Thanks for the info on hospitals. In that case may look at TMC or MtA. TMC bcos a few of my friends used TMC but of course theirs were singletons. But not sure how TMC handles multiples. I've also read some positive feedback on MtA's staff too. Hmm, me still have time to decide later...also to discuss with doc.

Did you sign for antenatal pkg with Dr Fong in your Wk20? I understand from one of the girls at the counter that he doesn't have pkgs earlier than that.

Audrynzen
Thanks, was thinking of being SAHM till the babies are born...so not sure what are the experience of the other mummies carrying multiples and continuing working. I sometimes get tired in afternoons. I try to limit my going out to a few hours at a time. Try not to walk for too long too, or just sit down for a drink to rest my legs. Want to avoid varicose veins...
blush.gif

hi bk

no prob, u can update us again when u have confirmed on the hosp.
happy.gif

Audrynzen, welcome on board, included u in the table. Here's the latest:

<table border=1><tr><td>NICK</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>NO. OF BBIES/GEND</TD><TD>HOSPITAL/CLINIC</TD><TD>DR. </TD></TR><TR><TD>doggies mummy</TD><TD>12th Oct 06</TD><TD>2 boys</TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD>Dr Fong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Audrynzen</TD><TD>7th Nov 06</TD><TD>2(boy/girl)</TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD>YC Goh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jlyn</TD><TD>13th Nov 06</TD><TD> 2 boys</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Tony Tan </TD></TR><TR><TD>Verona</TD><TD>15th Nov 06</TD><TD>3 boys</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jovia|Ger</TD><TD>23rd Nov 06</TD><TD>2 boys</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Tony Tan </TD></TR><TR><TD>Alethea</TD><TD>27th Jan 07</TD><TD>2 (??)</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>Cathryn Chan </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chloe</TD><TD>5th Feb 07</TD><TD>3(boy/?/?)</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>LC Foong </TD></TR><TR><TD>BK</TD><TD>13th Feb 07</TD><TD>2(??)</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Lawrence Ang </TD></TR><TR><TD>Trips</TD><TD>5th Mar 07</TD><TD>3 (???)</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>twinsmom</TD><TD>8th Mar 07</TD><TD>2 (??)</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Choco_latte</TD><TD>16th Mar 07</TD><TD>2 (??)</TD><TD>Private</TD><TD>Dr Fong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Irin</TD><TD>9th Apr 07</TD><TD>2(??)</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>John Tee </TD></TR><TR><TD>qoo</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2(??)</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</td></tr></table>

Alethea, me also in the same dilemma as u. We are very comfortable with current gynae, so it's really a tough decision to make. Should i be switching to KKH, i got to forgo my current gynae. Prob will wait until i am in week 20 and see if any complications of pre-term labour starts to show. i should think delivery is alright in public hospital, but i feel that my current dr is very good with following up and monitoring my preg. My main concern is the rocket high NICU charges at Gleneagles should i be delivering my babies too early, which means, the stay in NICU for the babies will be longer.

Hi audry,
icic! so good can get a lot of hand me down stuffs. Me have to buy every single thing cos none of my friends have given birth recently, there are one or two but they are saving for their next child.

verona,
thanks for the info, take care!

chloe,
I still didnt receive the sample milk leh? Worst now i can neither drink the milk nor take the calcium tab cos i get ulcers in my mouth evrytime i take the tab! I m 14 weeks now and still have not put on any weight
sad.gif

twinsmom

i bought bibs from ikea, 5 pieces at $3.90, cheapest that i could find.
happy.gif
ikea coming up with new catalog, u received already? Me not yet receive. Btw, u received the sample milk powder already?

aiyah twinsmom, we posted almost at the same time! heehee... u not yet received milk powder ah?? hmmm... wonder wat takes them so long. i think u need to really drink lots of water, maybe body too heaty liao... How about cheeze or yogurt?? Can take?

Hi Choco_latte
I think the varicose veins is unavoidable...my veins are very pronounced even on my arms. They were hurting quite badly early in the week but I tried this product from littledreamers.com.sg for vein care and it did helped me. FYI just in case.. you need it.

Similarly with stretch marks, I didn't get it for my singleton pregnancy but for this pregnancy... gone already, stretchmarks started appearing at 28 weeks.

Hi Chloe
Thanks for adding me!
happy.gif

Chloe,
do check things carefully before changing gynae and hospital, u must be comfortable and happy doing that, moreover, ur present gynae seems to be very good and doing great job so far.

Just to share a piece of info that i read somewhere (dont know how correct am i), that when nicu babies are transfered from a private hospital the room availability is not guaranteed as priority is given to kkh patients, and also cannot downgrade to lower class wards if need to stay too long (kkh patients can downgrade in such situations).

Lets hope for the best and carry the babies as long as possible so that they can go home with us!

hi twinsmom

u are right, if i want to switch, got to switch before delivery. See how's my condition in week 20.

Now all i could do is to take good care of myself and hopefully babies can stay with me as long as possible.
happy.gif
First hurdle is to reach 28th week, then the big 30s... best but very ambitious, to reach 36.

chloe,
can take cheese ocassionally but not everyday cos i'll start to vomit again. I m going to try normal fresh milk (boiled) and see whether it works. Dont know how big are my babies now?? poor them not sure whether i m eating enough.

twinsmom

Dun worry, my gynae told me jokingly that the babies are actually very clever. They will absorb nutrients from mommy, not directly from the food we eat. So if we dun eat adequately, they are not the ones who suffer, but WE are the ones cos they are taking our nutrients away from us!
happy.gif
good idea, try fresh milk, if can drink then can take for the time being while ur ulcers recover. Btw, eggs are very nutritious, so if u cannot hold on to other food, can eat eggs, very rich in protein.

Mummies, thk u for the warm welcome!

Chocolatte: Hi, I am still working.. dragging my feet to work everyday. The walk to mrt can be quite killing sometimes. I'll get tightness and cramps at abdomen when I sit too long, not forgetting the backache as well. Walk too much, my elephantine (water retention) legs hurt too. If I remember correctly, my gynae did tell me that he can give hospitalisation leave anytime after 20 weeeks. Seeing my gynae 2moro.. see how lor. Stay at home also boring leh.. *sigh*

Twinmom: Not to scare u abt the infection, check better. If really infection *choy*, it's just a course of anti-biotic and all will be fine, dont worry.

Jovia &amp; doggies mummy: *Wave wave* hi hi! DM, counting down.. r u nervous?

chocolatte
ya package is after week 20, detail scan. cos some may choose to end the P after the scan. so dr fong start the package on the day we go for detail scan, at week 20.

dr fong charges 50% more for twins. I do not mind though cos i know i am in great care
happy.gif

btw are u at Paragon or Tiong Babru clinic?

jlyn
wave wave... looking forward and nervous at the same time... i enjoying every moment of babies inside me.

Hi doggiesmummy, Jlyn, Verona

I am excited with feeling more of the babies' stronger kicks, rolls, waves nowadays, but really, my itchy tummy is killing me! Seemed to get worse everyday, and the itch is worse immediately after my bath, had to quickly come out and apply cream before the itch can be curbed by a little bit.

Really hope my skin can stretch further for the next 9 wks, to last me till 37 wks. No such itch for you gals? Then u all really v lucky leh....

Wow! So many posts... it's great to noe there are so many multiples MTBs out there!

Twinsmom
The urine thingie sounds scary! But just a little something : U can try to drink a glass of cranberry juice a day. It helps to prevent urinary tract infection as well as being a good source of Vit C to build up our immune system. I used to get UTI in the past (prior to pregnancy), and the cranberry juice really helped me!

Chloe,
Thanks for all the advices, hmmmm...no wonder i m stil skinny but my tummy gets bigger. OK will eat an egg a day from now
happy.gif

Jovia,
Hey dont worry, u did not scar me, its good that i know abt this u see and wld have not tried to increase my fluid intake, the urine colour has changed since yesterday, seems to be clear at times and a bit yellowish sometimes if i dont drink much water. Thanks again! wow! must be really nice to feel them moving and kicking inside rite? I cant wait for that...i m 14 weeks now and dont feel a single thing, sometimes i'll forget that i m pregnant especially in the morning when tummy is small, hehe...

trips,
Thanks for the tips, will buy cranberry and drink later, BTW can we get it in ntuc, blurr me so far never tried this.

Jovia,
I also have itchy tummy. In fact, I had a very terribly itch and rashes on my tummy and bum during week 18 to 21. It stopped after I took some medicine. It was very terrible, cos could not sleep and the whole tummy got red bumps. Now it has started again (since week 27). Understand what you meant by the itch is killing you. I find that cold bath helps with the itch, only for a while though, but better than nothing. Another thing is try not to scratch cos the more you scratch, the more itchy (easier said than done).

Twinsmom, don't worry about your weight. I also did not put on weight when I was in my 14th week. Only started to put on weight from 16th week onwards when my appetite increased. ya, I also took eggs, one a day, think it helps. Dr Loh said it does not matter cos the babies "can look after themselves"!

Twinsmom
Yup! Can buy the cranberry juice from any supermarket. Alternatively u can eat dried cranberries (found next to raisins section). I started to eat tt as a healthy snack as well as to ward off UTI n now my hubby's addicted to them!!!
happy.gif

Hi Best Twins

I started to feel v weak kicks at about wk 16, so you can look out for them too! =)

Hi Verona

Yalor, the itch can kill me! Will be seeing gynae next Wed, hope he can give me some medication as well. I find that immed after a cold bath is the worse leh, cos all the "protection" previously applied are gone, and I have to quickly reapply again..

Audrynzen,
Thanks, will keep that in mind. Hopefully i won't need to use the product.

Jlyn,
Must take good care of yourself and babies...if your doc can give you hospitalisation leave, why not take it to rest at home? This is your chance to rest and have some "me" time...when your babies are born in Nov, you'll be very busy already...
happy.gif
I guess not much time for anything else then...

doggies mummy,
Thanks. I go to the one at paragon mostly. You too?

all ladies,
Also wanted to check with you if your gynae asked you to do the triple blood test to test for down's syndrome in week 16? Or did you go for amniocentesis?

Jovia: I dont hv the itch also.. did u ask tell Dr TT? Probably can get him to prescribe some medication to ease the itch. Will u follow him to Raffles Hosp or switch gynae? He has tentatively fixed my c-section on 30 Oct.. may be scheduled earlier depending on bbs' progress &amp; mummy's "tolerance". At 30wk, they are 1.5kg and 1.7kg now but in super unusual positions- both lying horizontally across my tummy.. so wonder I feel so "stretched".

Choco latte: Ya, I decided to rest for the next 3 wks then see how. U working also? I did the DS test. The probablity of DS very low so I gave amniocentesis a miss.

Twinsmom: I agreed with Verona, dont worry abt the wgt. I lost weight during my 1st trimester due to excessive vomiting. By 2nd trimester, appetite increased and weight also went up. My BBs weights are comparable to singleton.. so dont worry too much.

jessp
tummy only 42" mil keep complaining it's small
happy.gif
i am at week 34

chocolatte
i go to Tiong Bahru night Clinic

jlyn
i encounter that horizontal position before after that they are head down till now. believe me that is a more comfortable for mummy
happy.gif

Hi doggiesmummy

OK, mine already like 41'' at week 28, no wonder my skin cannot take the stretch! Also, my skin has always been quite dry, maybe that's why the itch.

Hi Jlyn

So nice, no itch leh! Will ask Dr TT this Wed when I meet him abt anti-itch cream. Wow, he fixed your c-section at your week 38 is it? Horizontal positions ah.. incredible! How they both manage to turn at the same time! Not sure if gonna follow him or not, still an unknown thing.. So have you booked the delivery package yet? I think you most probably will be the last mum he delivered at KK, while I may be the first mum he delivered at Raff (if I do follow him over)....

Hi Choco_latte
No doctor say no point in doing the test for down syndrome as he said for multiples, the result will show a higher risk and doing amnio for both twins is also higher risk so I didn't do.

Oh yes.. just wanted to share that I finally ended my close to 2 months search for a Filippino helper on saturday. Hopefully nothing goes wrong and she'll arrive in 3 weeks time!

twinsmom

u can try Ocean Spray Cranberry juice. i think one big bottle is at $5-6. i drank it when i had UTI during my early pregnancy, it helps. u may wanna mix some water with it cos i find it quite sweet. u can find this brand at NTUC and Cold Storage.

Choco_latte, i did the NT scan at 12 weeks. No blood test for me on DS for multiple preg. i din do the amino test.

Audrynzen, wow, congrats for finding urself a helper! heehee... it must be such a relief for u!

Jovia, I had very bad rashes in my 15th-17th weeks. The itch was so bad that I usually work up in the middle of the night to relieve it a little. Went to see my gynae and was prescribed some steroids cream. Didn't dare to apply it cos' was afraid that BBs will absorb the cream which is not good. But gynae told me to trust her and apply sparingly, else, the rashes won't heal. Now, am happy to say that they are almost cleared. U may wish to read up on PUPPP on the Internet. They will tell u more about such pregnancy rashes.

Choco, my gynae said for those carrying multiples, there's no point doing the tests. Like what Audrynzen said, the results for multiples will be higher, then we'll suffer from unnecessary worry. Think the detailed scan results should suffice, right? M doing mine in 2 weeks' time.

choco
i did the blood test... Dr Fong said it was not necessary, but we did it nevertheless
happy.gif
there is a different formula to calculate the ratio. but i still think it is not neccessary
happy.gif
it was hubby who wanted to do the test

<font color="0000ff">Chloe</font>
I've gone for the MAH tour on Sat and have also asked them to give me an estimated breakdown of the possible charges, factoring NICU. Still quite sky-high, tho' I'm sure it won't be as astronomical as Gleneagles. Have been praying for BBs to be fine, for them to be well-nourished, and for me to 'tong' until at least 38 weeks b4 I deliver, so that BBs won't be underweight, thus, no need for NICU at all.

hi Alethea

yeh, i should think the private NICU is still high compared to public hosp. Will u be switching to Mt A then? Or u will prefer KKH? Let's hope can carry the babies as long as possible.
happy.gif

Praying hard that everyone can "tong" till week 36 at least. For me every week is really a milestone, it's really getting harder and harder to drag myself to work.....

Hi all,
Hope all of u had a great weekend.

Thanks verona, jovia, jlyn and chloe for the info
happy.gif
. think i was also eating very less of protein food, only eating vege and fruits most of the time, will include more protein from now on.

I have read in some oversease multiple pregnancy threads that some ladies delivered in week 33 or 34 or so and yet was able to bring the babies home without having to stay in nicu but i m not sure how? May be multiples mature sooner than singletons for some reasons
happy.gif

Eh, I tawt BBs must be above 2.5kg then no need NICU?

Chloe, right now, I'm quite firm in choosing MAH over Gleneagles. As for KKH, dunno, hope don't have to make that choice.

Audrynzen, can't your gynae write you MC/hospitalisation leave for u to work from home or have total bed rest?

Any of you here have tips on how to 'tong' till the 37th week? Also, what are some of the foods we should eat to bulk up our BBs?

Hi all

Any idea how frequent can we consume bird's nest? I heard that if take once a week, will be too freq, and baby may have increased risk of getting asthma? Is that true?

Also, can we still take shark's fins, or cannot, due to the high levels of mercury?

Thanks all, for your input on the DS blood test. Think hubby and I will prob still go for it.

Jovia,
My hubby also just bought me birds nest, will start taking it soon I guess. My SIL used to take it once every 2-3 weeks during both her pregnancies, starting from 4th or 5th mth onwards. Just asked my MIL who says it's better to eat the birds nest cold, not hot. So you can let it cool after cooking, then put it in the fridge. Anyway, I like birds nest...
biggrin.gif

Hi AletheaT
I think as long as they managed to hit 36 weeks and are around 2Kg at least, they probably don't need NICU time.

Gynae say if no physical hospitalization, cannot issue hospitalization leave. Still got 4 more days of MC left in the year will probably use it in Oct or later this month. Anyway during IMF period next week or so, I'll work from home since inconvenient for me to go to office.

I'll be at MAH.. hopefully babies don't need NICU time. 31 weeks now, counting down...

hi gals

i am mentally prepared that my babies will need NICU, cos triplets will be delivered even earlier. The big 30s is already an achievement for triplets. So, most likely will have to part with my money, and hopefully, the losses will be minimised with the insurance that we have bought earlier for each of them. i've still got a long way to go (which i really hope is a looong way), 18th week now.

doggies mummy, eating durian occasionally is ok, but not too much cos i heard there's a possibility of getting gestational diabetes.

Jovia
Think better stay away from shark's fin... cause sharks are top of the food chain n absorb all the mercury from the fishes they eat! So the amount of mercury in just one shark is quite exponential!!!

For those interested, think u gals can consider reading the book "What to do when you are expecting twins, triplets and quadruplets" by Dr Barbara Walters. She seems to have a lot of success in US with her multiples mommies. In the book she advises on diet, weight gain n basically how to keep your BBs in as long as possible. I got the the book from Kinokuniya and found it really useful!

chloe
ya i only ate once durian... yday
happy.gif

i trying to boost the babies weight by these 15 days
happy.gif

jovia
shark's fin and sting ray cant eat

Hey gals
Just checking how much ur insurance coverage is... Think KKH standard. $300/day/BB for Class II ICU (which I think is NICU) and $100/day/BB for Class I. Max claim for 3 mths n $15K/BB. Do u reckon it's enuff? Think it only covers a small fraction! Anybody has any idea?

<font color="0000ff">Tr</font><font color="ff0000">ip</font><font color="119911">s</font>, thanks for the tip on the book. Will check it out over the weekend!
happy.gif

Hellooo all,
I have been really busy yesterday. Went for doc appointment today, doc seems to be in a great hurry today, just did a brief scan and said the babies are ok and cant see the gender. They are measuring 9 cm, wat was the size of your babies during 14++ weeks. I had lots of questions in mind today but end up cant ask anything liao
sad.gif
My next appointment is in 5 weeks time after the detailed scan.

For Dr SF Loh's patients, did u also have 5 weeks gap for appointment after your 14th or 15th weeks appointment????? sooo worried now
sad.gif

Trips,
Oops!

I didnt know that the insurance covers only upto a max of 15K per baby!!!! Soo scary leh, I really got no savings
sad.gif

Hope everything will be fine!

Back