2006/2007-Twins/Triplets MTBs

hi gals

wow, yalor, this thread moving so fast today.
happy.gif
How's everyone's lunch?

verona, i mentioned about the NICU to my dr before. He was saying that should i be delivering too early, ie. high chance will need prolong NICU for babies, he will ship me out to KKH. See how things go lor. Hopefully can tahan as long as possible, haha... looks like that's the cheapest solution, babies get to stay long long in mommy's tummy and no need to much intensive care since they are more developed. Did u buy any insurance for the embies?

trips,
ya la, me too dont want hubby to do these stuff cos he dont know anything one, moreover he's not in singapore now.

Irin,
Welcome on board!

chloe,
I think the ikea one is convertible, its abt 149 or 299 cant remember. No la...me not going to do a single thing in setting up the nursery, i'll just plan and get people to do it, haha...thats what i have always been doing. Nowadays worst my mum does evrything for me and i happily shake leg. Only until the babies come out la...after that think they'll kill me if continue this hehe...
Hey, thanks for updating the table like choco suggested!

Pig pen? heeeeeee heeeeeeeee heeeeeeeeee
502701.gif
u soo funny!

verona,
can u share with me, how much did it cost for u stay in kkh while u had the contractions? The $40K for Nicu u mentioned can be paid thru the insurance we bought rite?

hi twinsmom

haha.... ur piglet very cute.
happy.gif
Now can shake legs better shake until shiok shiok. Later hor, ur mom and MIL will expect u to work doubly hard to look after the kids!

Been drinking lots of water since morning, but dunno why urine still so little
sad.gif
urghhh... i think i got water retention problem. never mind, now go drink another glass of honey.

chloe,
sorry think ikea doesnt hav the cot i mentioned earlier, cos its not in their website but its in their 2006 catalogue...so strange! Now i got to search for something else.

yesterday my urine was almost red in colour cos i was vomiting until late afternoon, but this morning i kept drinking a lot of water and its seems to be better. Keep drinking hunny, sure u can pee a lot more later.

twinsmom

oh, glad that u are better, almost red in color sounds bad, u must have lost lots of water. i went to pee just now, FINALLY, got a big batch of urine. Color is ok, a little yellow, almost transparent now, but the smell still there!!!
sad.gif
Will continue to drink more. Hopefully with more water, can also help to remove the smell from my faeces. Nowadays also very smelly... haha... seems like everyday i got nothing better to do but to analyse my faeces and urine.
happy.gif

chloe,
thanks! great that u have peed well, heehee..guess our posts are very smelly leh!

Me soo angry just now with mil and mother, cos they're slowly becoming lazy. everyday find some excuse to avoid cooking and wanna buy food and eat. I keep telling them i don wan to eat outside food much and wan them to cook at home. If they cook they anyhow cook nowadays, its soo tasteless that i cant bring myself to eat. I end up scolding my mother almost everyday cos i cant scold mil. I really pity her but dont know why they are cooking so horribly lately.

Does anyone feel that the food is tasteless or not like wat u want?? I hate myself now.

Best_Twins, during the 1st trimester (or approaching 2nd trimester), it's usually like that. Some more, there's a weird aftertaste in the mouth as well, after you've eaten something.

hi twinsmom

me opposite. i think my mom is more than willing to cook for me, but i prefer to eat outside food. Been eating outside food most of the time. Before i was pregnant, i eat my mom's food every day. But dunno why, ever since pregnant, i feel terrible eating the things she cook. Me very horrible hor? haha... my mom will be very glad if i am like u, like to eat home cooked food.
happy.gif
i like to eat fast food, dun ask me why, i really dunno how come my taste buds so strange... besides fast food (which i limit to max twice a week, haha... me trying to sound less guilty), i eat very plain food like chicken rice, economic rice, fish ball noodles. i like it as bland as possible, cos i cannot hold food that is spicy and i dun like the smell of cooking oil, garlic and soy sauce (too bad most asian food has that! sigh!). heehee... i used to like spicy food, but now my appetite is a 180 degrees change.
sad.gif

Chloe,
I want to eat home cooked food but i hate their cooking, may be like alethea had mentioned its just that my taste problem and nothing wrong with their cooking, just spoke to mum, she says she want to cook for me but scared i dont like again. I cooked my dinner myself today and ate happily, may be i wanna do it myself for a while.

alethea,
Thanks! ya i think so may be thats why i cant stand their cooking, hmmm waiting for my due date badly so that i can go back to my normal life.

Dear All

Salutation to twinsmom who created this thread
happy.gif

It's indeed a very useful info for all multiple mtb here. This thread is really active and eager to know more multiple MTBs

Twinsmom/Chloe
I had been reading the thread, and just tired to type. Mine spotting had gone on Monday afternoon. Thanks for yr concern. I'm much better now. My appetiate increased a lot, and every 1 hour, i'm hungry. But this few days, my lower part (hips) had been very aching. Not sure whether due to walk or sit for too long.
I'm still working and when reach home, if I lie down on the bed / sofa, I will have problem moving my hips or sit straight. Once lie down, for 1-2hours, I really can't sit, and wake. Just lie flat there. It's been like that since last week. I just get tired very easily also, afternoon will keep yawning and hungry
happy.gif

Oh yes, I had inform my PIL bout the good news yesterday and they very happy of course. My SIL even shake my hand and congrats me. And my MIL told me OG got lots of nice maternity clothes and bbs clothes
happy.gif
Only tell them I'm pregnant,
didn't tell them that I'm carrying twins. As I need to go back for check up in 2 more weeks and will tell them in later part. Actually, yesterday is my birthday also, and I'm taking this opportunity to tell them the good news. Yesterday after cutting cake, then I tell them "Mom, dad, sis, we have a good news to announce". I look at my hubby and say "He is going to be father next year"...Heee...
happy.gif
Their face looks stunned for 10 secs and later they understood my meaning and congrats us. Very happy loh
happy.gif

Will update my details after my 2nd scan.

hi qoo

Happy belated birthday!! wow, double happiness hor, birthday plus good news that u are expecting. i am sure everyone in ur family is happy for u! No wonder ur posting got so many smiley face
happy.gif
Take it easy now, first trimester is very impt and can be quite tough for some pple.

i have updated the table with ur info, u can fill up the rest once info is available.

<table border=1><tr><td>NICK</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>NO. OF BBIES/GEND</TD><TD>HOSPITAL/CLINIC</TD><TD>DR. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Verona</TD><TD>15th Nov 06</TD><TD>3 boys</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Alethea</TD><TD>27th Jan 07</TD><TD>2 (??)</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>Cathryn Chan </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chloe</TD><TD>5th Feb 07</TD><TD>3(boy??)</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>LC Foong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Trips</TD><TD>5th Mar 07</TD><TD>3 (???)</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>twinsmom</TD><TD>8th Mar 07</TD><TD>2 (??)</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Choco_latte</TD><TD>16th Mar 07</TD><TD>2 (??)</TD><TD>Private</TD><TD>Dr Fong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Irin</TD><TD>9th Apr 07</TD><TD>2(??)</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>John Tee </TD></TR><TR><TD>qoo</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2(??)</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</td></tr></table>

Twinsmom: Thk u for starting this thread. I have been reading the archives of the old twin thread to learn from the twin mothers.. from their preggy days to their motherhood. Can be a little confusing and exhausive to search for info sometimes.. but, the great mummies there never fail to answer my queries. Oh yeah, pls inform ur gyane abt ur red urine. I'd this problem mths back, no itch nothing just real "orangy" urine. I thought it was blood in urine so went to see a GP (gynae appt still far away).. in the end, it was an infection. Put on anti-biotics (safe for preggy) and all cleared within days.

Chloe: Not sure abt the strong urine smell though.. mine do smell bad when I take certain medication or food. As for the possibility of "u being shipped out to KKH"... u may want to go thru the old twins thread.. there was a discussion somewhere abt transferring fr pte to KKH. U may want to read up and decide if it would be better to stay or make a switch early
happy.gif

Verona: How bad was ur contraction? I also started to have contraction early.. think I was in my 23 weeks then. Still have it almost everyday.. the cramps at the lower abdomen can be so bad that I have to hold my breath till it gets better. Almost went to hosp a few times but luckily after the 3rd time in an hour, the cramps went away. I have been put on pills to stop the contraction.

Oh..by the way, my edd is on 13 Nov 06 (2 boys)KKH, Dr Tony Tan.

Hi qoo_gal,
Happy belated birthday! Your family must be really happy! At least now you've told them, they can provide you with support and care if you need.

Twinsmom &amp; Chloe,
Yah, my tastebuds also changed drastically. I used to like sweets/chips, but now hardly eat any. Last time seldom eat spicy food, now i eat mee siam/mee rebus once a week. Even though my PIL cook healthy meals for me with a lot of fish, sometimes I also think of fast food. Heehee. Find my appetite increased quite a lot after my bloating went down, and I get hungry every few hours.
kao_biggrin.gif

Good morning ladies!

qoo,
welcome to the thread and a very happy belated birthday! Your in laws must have been very happy! hve fun..I m really glad that the spotting had stopped and u r back to normal, the pain and tiredness is very common during first trimester u got to rest as much as possible, take things easy and ask doc to sign u off for a while if want to.
Me always starting threads, thread started liao! hehe.

Jlyn,
Welcome on board! Ya i agree with u, the mummies at the old twins thread are really really supportive and always clear our doubts when we have any. Its really good to have seniors around so that we can jump in there are for help. I started thread so that the mtbs can have a place on their own to vent and grumble without having to mess up the old twins mummies privacy haha...

Abt the urine, oh it may be infection ah? I m sooo scared now, thanks for the info i'll mail doc and see what he says. Sooo scared and worried
sad.gif

choco,
ya la...seems like all mtbs are having similar problems except the food they prefer differ slightly. Eat whatever u feel like eating within the healthy boundary.

Hi Verona/Best Twins

So how do you find Dr SF Loh? Am now under Dr TOny Tan @KK, but he's transferring to pte hosp from Nov, and not sure if I wanna follow him or switch to another gynae at KK, so hope you can tell me more abt your experience with SF Loh, and his strengths/etc. Does he encourage natural delivery/c-section etc?

My EDD is 23 Nov 06, carrying fraternal twin boys. Now in my 28th week.

hi gals

Good morning!

Jlyn, thanks, i will go thru the thread that u mentioned to check out more about transferring to public hospital. Actually, we prefer to stay on with the current dr since he has been following us through all this while. He's a good doctor, so kind of difficult to make the decision...

Verona and Trips, can let me know how often is ur review checkup at KKH?

i've updated Jlyn and JovialGer's info:

<table border=1><tr><td>NICK</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>NO. OF BBIES/GEND</TD><TD>HOSPITAL/CLINIC</TD><TD>DR. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jlyn</TD><TD>13th Nov 06</TD><TD> 2 boys</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Tony Tan </TD></TR><TR><TD>Verona</TD><TD>15th Nov 06</TD><TD>3 boys</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jovia|Ger</TD><TD>23rd Nov 06</TD><TD>2 boys</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Tony Tan </TD></TR><TR><TD>Alethea</TD><TD>27th Jan 07</TD><TD>2 (??)</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>Cathryn Chan </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chloe</TD><TD>5th Feb 07</TD><TD>3(boy??)</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>LC Foong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Trips</TD><TD>5th Mar 07</TD><TD>3 (???)</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>twinsmom</TD><TD>8th Mar 07</TD><TD>2 (??)</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Choco_latte</TD><TD>16th Mar 07</TD><TD>2 (??)</TD><TD>Private</TD><TD>Dr Fong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Irin</TD><TD>9th Apr 07</TD><TD>2(??)</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>John Tee </TD></TR><TR><TD>qoo</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2(??)</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</td></tr></table>

jovia,
For me, I like Dr Loh cos he is very open and doesnt give u false hope on his tmt. Also I can mail him if anything urgent and he replies immediately. I also find him to be very confident and qualified. Most importantly, i been with him since the beginning so want to stick to him. He is also friendly and answers our queries well. I m not sure abt the V-delivery or C-section, so far he did not say anything to me abt that guess will be later.

chloe,
great job on the quick update, i m very slow with the tables liao!

Jlyn and Jovia|Ger,
Looks like you are both due in Nov with twins...only 2+ mths more...so exciting! Just wanted to check with you gals if you are still working now? Does your doc want you to stop working after reaching a certain week to rest at home? Cos I read that with twins, sometimes doc may ask mothers to stop work earlier instead of working until delivery.

Hi Choco

Ha, I cant advise u much, cos I have been a SAHM since beginning of pregnancy, was overseas with HB on his attachment, and only recently came back S'pore only. I thk maybe from week 32 onwards (start of 8th mth) shld start to rest already? Cos tummy shld be very big by then... for twins. Of course, there are some very fit mums with twins that can still carry on working till delivery. So depends on your own body/health, listen to what it says, if tire easily, and if poss, do rest from earlier weeks lor..

Hi Verona

So has Dr SF Loh advise u on your delivery options already? Think you might also pop around late Oct right?

Hi Jlyn/doggiesmummy

Nice to c u here too! Doggiesmummy - u must be feeling v excited! Less than 20 days to c your darlings! =)

Hi ladies

Can I join u gals? I am expecting twins too. MY EDD is 13 Feb 07. My gynea is Dr Lawrence Ang. Haven't decide where to deliver yet.

hi twinsmom

no prob, as and when i come in, will update the table.

welcome to the newcomers!

doggies mummy, are u having twins? Perhaps can provide me with more info so that i can update the table for u. BK, anymore info before i enter urs into the table?

Chloe, yes, it is compulsory to buy insurance for the babies when doing ivf in KKH. I think this will help a little if the babies really need to stay in the NICU. However, because the cost will be multiply by 3x, the total bill will still be high. My checkup frequency is about once every 2 weeks. sometimes, once every 3 weeks.

Twinsmum, the last time I stayed in KKH cost me about $4k (lower subsidised class ward). I stayed about 1 week and I think the expensive part was because I was at the delivery ward most of the time where the docs and nurses did the monitoring.

Jlyn, had contractions at 23rd week also. I went to the hospital once the pain started and did not stop after 15 min. I was very worried so told hubby to send me to the hospital although it was a Sun evening. After staying for one week and having lots of medications to stop the contractions, I was discharged with medications to control the contractions.

JoviaGer, I think Dr Loh is a caring doc and he is also a really popular one, so sometimes his schedule is really tight. Not sure about his experience with multiples but since he is an IVF doc, I guess he should have quite a lot of experience in this area. Many of the MTBs in the forum who are having multiplies (through IVF) are under him. He already told me that for triplets, I will definitely have a caesarian. So no chance for natural delivery.

doggies mummy,
hello! Wah, same doc! Now I know who to go for advice!
biggrin.gif
You must be very excited...less than 3 weeks to go before your c-sec! hee hee. Are you having twins or trips? Which hospital did you pick?

doggies mummy,
Hehe, this thread so active, was just composing my question but already a few new posts. congrats on your twins.

doggies mummy,
Can I ask why you chose Mt A? How did you choose the hospital? Did you go for any hospital tour? i haven't done any research on the hospitals yet. Trying to gather more info.

choco_latte
i chose Mt A cos Dr Fong always go there so the rapport between him and the staff there are excellent
happy.gif
even Mrs Fong delivers there.

Dr Fong delivers in 4 hospitals, Glen E, Mt E, TMC and Mt A
Glen E, Mt E: expensive
TMC: dont like the service and the ward are small

Doggies mummy, I'm also planning to deliver at MAH. But becos' with multiples, chances of complications will be higher, and so will the costs. But, to go to KKH, I would need to dump my gynae cos' she doesn't deliver there. But how to do this kind of thing?

Here's the latest list:

<table border=1><tr><td>NICK</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>NO. OF BBIES/GEND</TD><TD>HOSPITAL/CLINIC</TD><TD>DR. </TD></TR><TR><TD>doggies mummy</TD><TD>12th Oct 06</TD><TD>2 boys</TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD> Dr Fong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jlyn</TD><TD>13th Nov 06</TD><TD> 2 boys</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Tony Tan </TD></TR><TR><TD>Verona</TD><TD>15th Nov 06</TD><TD>3 boys</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jovia|Ger</TD><TD>23rd Nov 06</TD><TD>2 boys</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Tony Tan </TD></TR><TR><TD>Alethea</TD><TD>27th Jan 07</TD><TD>2 (??)</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>Cathryn Chan </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chloe</TD><TD>5th Feb 07</TD><TD>3(boy??)</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>LC Foong </TD></TR><TR><TD>BK</TD><TD>13th Feb 07</TD><TD>2(??)</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>Lawrence Ang </TD></TR><TR><TD>Trips</TD><TD>5th Mar 07</TD><TD>3 (???)</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>twinsmom</TD><TD>8th Mar 07</TD><TD>2 (??)</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Choco_latte</TD><TD>16th Mar 07</TD><TD>2 (??)</TD><TD>Private</TD><TD>Dr Fong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Irin</TD><TD>9th Apr 07</TD><TD>2(??)</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>John Tee </TD></TR><TR><TD>qoo</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2(??)</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</td></tr></table>

hi verona

ic, review once every 2 weeks seems ok. me also seeing dr once every 2 weeks. Will see how, but tough decision cos we are comfortable with the current gynae, problem is that GlenE tends to be exp, esp when it comes to NICU. i bought insurance for 3 embies, but there again, if prolong stay in NICU, going to cost a big sum although covered by insurance.

BK, i added in ur info to the table. Are u carrying twins? Which hosp are u with?

Alethea
which hospital do ur gynea deliver at? Glen E (as indicated in the chart)?
not true that KKH is cheaper (unless ur hubby is a civil servant) lor. I have heard many stories about KKH's service. i can tell u about them off line.

I know that quite a lot of my gynea's patients go to Mt A lor.
Complications are more on during pregnancy i guess, delivery is more or less standard. the only higher cost incurred will be when bb born too early (b4 wweek 36) or too low weight (less than 2 kg)

DoggiesMummy, mine delivers either at GE or MAH, but my intention is to deliver at MAH. But the nurse at my gynae's clinic was telling me that GE's NICU is more well-equipped. But I surely don't want to deliver at GE cos' the costs can skyrocket one. But question is, comparing MAH and KKH, Im'm sure the latter is much cheaper, right? I can don't opt for the private wards at KKH, but the public ones instead. Like that, then the rates should be much lower,right? But problem is, my gynae can't do it in KKH. So, does it mean I should switch to a KKH gynae now?

not true that KKH is cheaper leh... have you compared the price list??
http://www.mtalvernia-hospital.org/hbs_maternity.html
http://www.kkh.com.sg/ForPatientsnVisitors/SOCs/Womens/Maternity+Services/index.htm
u must always believe that u can hold the babies until week 36
happy.gif
with ur effort and gynea's help it can be done
happy.gif

i personnally will encouage u to stay with ur gynea if you are comfortable with her and Private Gyneas are not as busy as KKH Gynea.
I know some friends whose Gyneas are from KKH, that quite some time before their gyneas response to their page or call. (maybe not all are like that, but i only hear -ve feedback)

Hi all
So excited to see this thread! I was at the Twins thread learning from all the twin mummies' experience....

Can add me to this listing?
My EDD is on 7 Nov 06. Now currently in my 30 weeks 5 days, will be delivering at Mt Alvernia.
Ob is Dr YC Goh and expecting Fraternal Boy/ Girl.

Hi all,
wow so many posts, cant catch up liao!

Welcome to all the newbies!!

went for baby window shopping, its really a pleasure and pain to shop for multiples i guess. This is my first time going out to see baby stuffs, i was soo excited, but became tired very fast and had to catch a cab home.

Did anyone buy anything for the nursery or baby from Ikea? Is it worth going there for shopping?

Hi Verona
Same as you, I'm desperately trying to select a maid. Any luck yet on your part? I have been searching for the past 1.5 mths. I'm hoping finally to pay the deposit and settle by this Saturday... fingers crossed.

Hi Choco_latte
Initially my Ob say to rest when I reach 32 weeks but my next appointment with him will be when I'm about 33 weeks. Guess if you feel up to it, can continue working until you deliver...

Hi Best_Twins
Nope have not bought anything from IKEA yet.

Not planning to buy much for this pregnancy as I already have one set from my previous pregnancy and got friends and relatives to pass me cot/ car seat/ clothes etc... help to save alot.

Hi Chloe,
Thanks for adding me. Yes. I am expecting twins. I haven't decide on the hospital yet... dunno to go TMC or Mt. A.

Back