(2006/11) November 2006 MTBs

haha.. peng, no wonder YH could sleep so well!

Take care Jaline & BBgal! U both need to watch out too bcos adults can oso gana HFMD, a bad experience I had.

Hi Jane

Whao, sounds like your MIL is quite tough & mean type, not easy on u. But since both u & hb have to rely on her to take care of your kids right, so got to try make ends meet for a better family life. One thing good is once u are at away at work, u got to see less of each other so less conflicts
happy.gif

morning all

i'm back to work after a four days break.
my family booked 2 suites at Aranda Country Club at Pasir Ris and the 2 suites were connected so the kids were very happy running around their "big house".

besides having BBQ, we brought the kids to Escape Themepark and Wild wild wet. Ashley tried the mini-roller coaster for the first time. Not too bad...didn't cry and survived the entire ride. After the ride, she told everyone "not nice, I scared"..haha..

In the afternoon, we went Wild wild wet. I think it was totally enjoyable for the kids as there were many slides and water activities for them. The pool was also very shallow for the kids to go around. Highly recommended!!

Bbgal and Jaline,
hope Kenise and Nouvelle get well soon. No worried, we'll arrange to meet again soon.

hi jaline, bbgal,
hope Kenise and Nouvelle get well very soon...

Jane,
actually I'm using scissors to cut JK's nails since birth... I'm using the pigeon scissors, it has a very small blade so the blade only fits the nails...
so far ok... i don't cut them deep.. always leave a little white nail portion.. for me, i'm a more scissors person then a nail clipper person.. find it more convenient...

Mummies,
Thank for the well wishes.

Jaline,
Nouvelle MC is 2 weeks?Tat very long and did the doc tell u why the long break?

Jane,
Maybe to avoid this prob of nail cutter or scissor u better go but a pigeon scissor and buy a cutter and put in ur bag and cut ur kids nail on the sly using whichever is more relax for u.
No point arguing as u already noe she want to win and won't give in so might as well put up a show.

Sorry teaching the bad value here.

Hi mummies,
thanks for all your concern.

bearyhugs,
luckily i asked my mil to take care of my younger one on sun night onwards cos Nouvelle has not been feeling well. So far #2 is quite ok. Wat is alcohol rub? can sterilize the toys with dettol?

rkjk,
nouvelle has been with childcare since march this year...

strawberry,
the doctor did warn us not to share food with her, no kissing on her mouth and must wash hands properly when handling her pee n poo, in case we adults oso kanna.

garfield,
doctor say normally confirmed hfm case will give 2 weeks mc to stay at home, on the 7th day will recover but it may spread so better to be safe than sorry.

Jane,
I used to use pigeon scissors to cut their nails when they were babies but now i use nail cutter to cut, esp now they r so active i think it's safer to cut using nail cutter.

btw, kiddy palace having 20% discount storewide for member n 15% for non-member. There's oso avent GSS promotion, just take any 3 old milk bottles and exchange for 3 new avent ones for $17 for 125ml and $17.90 for 260ml avent bottles. Promo until end of july, quite worth it!

Jaline,
Hmmm cos the doc Kenise saw give 1 week mc and think most doc also give 1 week mc nia but dun think will spread ba after recovering cos from wat I know is tat actually before symptoms show the kids itself has already contract the virus few days ahead.

Hi BBgal, Jaline

Yah, the Pd or doctor won't issue a recovery note if your kid's not fully recovered from HFMD and w/o tat letter your kid cant go back to school/cc. Owen's case took 2 weeks oso. BTW, did your doctor/Pd inform u that they will notify your ccc?

Hi bbroom

Whao, is as good as going for a tour isn't it. I can't wait to bring Owen to WWW this year end when he reaches 3.

nail cutters question:
you are right garfield. i think she's just trying to create a storm out of nothing... i was trying to strip the fan to wash it (it was so clotted up that it can't even blow any wind anymore!)

Anyway, for now, as advised by friends, i probably will get one of those pigeon scissors and pratise with it. and hide and carry all the nail tools where ever i go, so, as and when when any of the kids with me, i can keep their nails short and hence prevent any other encounters of this hopefully.

Thanks! for the feedbacks!

strawberry,
The doc never say will help me inform the school but they did fill up a form tat is to be submit to mcys though and enquiry me which school she in.

Ya the doc did ask me bring her back to give the clearance for back to school after 1 week.

I myself sms the principal and inform her about Kenise condition.

Jane,
No point making urself angry over this kind of meanie especially u staying wif her and can't have other alternative so try to play more deaf ear and if the thing she insist to get is not tat ex so might as well get it and get over it else they will always gonna nag over it cos they wanna win.

Sorry am a meanie to MIL so not teaching any gd values here so pls dun care about my words ya.

strawberry,
same as garfield my doctor didn't inform the sch, just fill up a form to inform mcys and we inform her sch abt the case. Heard there's an increase in hfmd lately esp during sch holidays so try not to bring yr kid to crowded places esp with a lot of kids ard...

Heh Jaline,
Is the AVent promotion at all Kiddy palace outlets? Do they accept other brands of milk bottles too?

Rem the last time, Zavier only had one week's MC then went back to PD for review afterwhich he was certified well enough to go back to schl. By the way, for all HFMD, its possible to take a kind of antiviral medicine to reduce or shorten the disease course. Medicine known as Isoprine. Think I mentioned this before. Zavier recovered within abt 3-5 days and his symptoms were very much alleviated.

HI Jaline/Bbgal

Oyah, forgot the clinic filled up a form for submission, thot was to the school so is mcys.

bearyhugs
Remembered Zavier's case did not show signs of red spots and outbreak of ulcers? If it did den on average is 2 weeks to recovery.

Hey, maybe mummies here oredy know but in case I am wrong? then here is to share an interesting website which you can find out when to start enquiring for applications for charity work to get your kid into the good primary and oso it has other interesting info:

http://www.kiasuparents.com

Strawberry,
Hmmm,not sure why different doc give different MC days but so far Kenise only got ulcer and fever subsided totally before outbreak of ulcers though and she has no spot btw doctor only give me panadol and ulcer med and tat it no other anti viral med.

Luckily Kenise is currently 90% recover cos hard to check the ulcer in her mouth but when I ask her any mouth pain she say no lah.

As for primary school
I am not a very hardworking mummy and will not do any volunteer work as I will just take whatever it comes lor.

Bearyhugs,
The avent promotion is available at all kiddy palace outlet and u can bring any old bottles for exchange, no need to be avent old bottles but remember the milk bottle must come in a set ie. cover, teat, teat holder and bottle.

My gp gave me an antiviral medicine, Isoprinosine which u mentioned and a bottle of oral aid lotion to apply on her ulcers. Indeed she recover quite fast, today most of her ulcers are gone and red spots have reduced.

Morning mummiess..

Hi Jaline, bearyhugs

Just to share. Dunno how true lah, but I switched to the Dr Brown's equivalent after reading an email article about many plastic milk bottles actually not qual. Avent, Pigeon and many other common brands were listed among them. I have since switched to the new range of Piyo bottles, the ones with lightly tinted brown plastic type that can withstand 160deg temperature.

Hi Mummies,

Would like to ask any of your 2.5 yo self feed at all meals now? Especially those attending childcare.

My gal attends full day childcare and according to her teacher, she can self feed until she is quite full, then the teachers have to feed her to finish the food.

However, when dining at home, my in-laws make her sit on the floor and feed her together wif my baby newphew. I had a hard time training her to sit still at the dining table during meal time in the absence of my in-laws. However, she still get very distracted by the bb newphew (who has finished his porridge) and will want my maid to feed her.

Am I expecting too much of her to be able to sit and eat properly at this age?

Hi wifey,
According to my gal CCC she can feed herself but she is jealous at times when the teacher feed the younger kids so she will expect to get some attention and ask the teacher feed.

So it actually still quite hard to make them sit by themselves and feed at this age but then think it this way if they 1 u to feed why not as when they older they dun even want to go out wif us.

Garfield,

U are quite right. Is a joy when they still want us to pamper them. S'times when she is leaving for chidlcare in the morning, I ask her to give me a hug, but her eyes already aiming to dash out of the house already.

My 2.5YO girl feed herself when attending nursary and when outside with us. instead her 3.5YO always insisting of being fed :p all thanks to her grandmother, my mil.

OwenPie

The brand that is truly Bisphenol free is Bfree. I read somewhere that the Dr Brown and pigeon, avent brands are still not bisphenol free anyway. You can get Bfree at the pharmacy at Camden or one of the shops at the kids top level at paragon

MOrning mummies

Thanks Easy, my colleague got bfree at less than $10 during promo. But I wanted something that do not have tubes inside bcos need to dismantle and wash many parts so it's cumbersome. I bought the Piyo tinted brown bottles, thot it stated can withstand up to 180 deg which is quite high standard I thot. Hope it is bfree, let me check it out.

hi mummies

how's everyone? aiyoh, our thread is so quiet.. no postings for the past 2 weeks.

Eileen,
This morning Ashley took 2 packets of biscuits..and she told me she wants to give Zhe Lei... heehee..he is her good friend now...and she can recognise his name and Danish's name.

By the way, I'm currently using the iphone and there are many applications for toddlers that can be downloaded..many are FOC. Ashley nowadays love to take my phone and play the youtube videos and play with the writing and puzzle games.. check them out if you have iphone or ipod touch.

keep the postings coming !!

bbroom
ya, thanks for the biscuit, hehe! Now Zhe Lei enjoys playing the game at Facebook. He has his own facebook which he likes to play the restaurant city n Barn Bunny.

wow, cool..got facebook account.
i haven't created one for Ashley..
recently she also likes to play game on computer..plkayhouse disney,youtube, Nick Jr. etc, slowly managing the mouse better..

yohoo mummies..

whah bbroom, Eileen, Ashley & ZL so up to date, play iphones and even hv FB account! OMG haha..

Juz wanna check if any mummy here sign up 2010 Nursery class for your child with PCF?

Today, my MIL submitted the form at HG23 PCF near her place and their 3 classes are full with only 1 vacant left so heng ah, Owen got in.

I called and asked and they said there'r CL & EL lessons, tea breaks,excursions twice a year, 1 helper... not bad.

Hi Strawberry

I've signed Ashley up for her nursery since February. Apparently the enrolment started in February, very early. It is also a 3hrs class with a tea break.

Yesterday very funny, my hubby was telling us that this Sunday, we will have lunch with his friend Michelle who came back from USA for a holiday. When Ashley heard, she asked him. "Daddy, is Uncle Obama coming also?" Haha..she thought my hubby's friend Michelle is Michelle Obama. And I think Ashley thinks Obama is my hubby's friend loh.. Haha..

It is interesting how these 2 year old kids do their mind mapping..

Wow Bbroom, your Ashley know who is Obama or michelle Obama har? Very good har? Guess my boy only know who is optimus prime, bumblebee etc....

hi mummies,
do u know where I can get cute swimming floats?
Those cartoon characters ones?
I've been looking around but don't seem to find them..

Hi bbroom,

Ashley knows who is Obama even! OMG.. Same like Tiwi, Owen oso dunno, juz that he only knows all the transport vehicle names from bicycle to rocket niah, so no choice, got to expand from there by teaching him Chinese and English names like fire engineer is jiu huo che; ambulance is jiu shan che; crane is qi zong ji etc.. so sianz right for boys.

Hmmm.. interesting swim floats.. so far I only saw limited varieties in Kiddy Palace & Toys R US..

Wonder why so quiet suddenly this thread.. dun tell me 90% mummies busy with number 2 liao hah.

Tiwi, Strawberry

Morning.. Ashley knows because she will kaypoh and ask my hubby what he's reading.. so instead of reading story books or cartoon stuff to her, my hubby will point to those stuff he's reading and tell her..

wah..today's news say that 53% of flu cases now are likely to be H1N1 Flu...scary..

Hi I hope everyone's been going great!
happy.gif

I have given birth to a BB boy since Dec 08. Eversince, motherhood became more challenging!

Nicole's been very active and just when she seemed to adapt well at Childcare (except napping) after 3 months, she had ferbile fits twice within past one month and hospitalised (more than 1 week) on both times. The fits occurred due to virus infection from Influenza A (the common flu) and later the Samonella virus.

Now I am stucked with whether to get her back to Childcare as she had been away for 1 month. But the old folks at home had difficulties trying to cope with her (too active!) The fear of virus attack worries me(not that she had them from school). The only solution i see now is to build up her immunity system and also maybe to seek help from TCM as she had a few fits so far when she had fever and always reject medication.

Just thought of sharing my recent encounter with Ferbile fits....and to check if you have any reco on TCM doctors or good advice on how to build up immunity...

Sorry had been less active than usual cos life is ....sigh...

Hi mummies

some of u already know i'm expecting #2, just to share with the rest i'm moving on to 12 weeks
happy.gif
MS is going away soon not as bad as initial mths...

yoyoyoz mummies,
long time no see or hear.. hope everyone is doing good...

Peng,
congrats again...
happy.gif

here's one of JK's latest photo... enjoying his weekly ice-cream cone (without ice-cream but with traces of "cream" only) hahaha cos he knows ice-cream makes him cough...
2723237.jpg

hi peng,
congrats! you are gonna have a 好 if your #2 is a girl =)

serenemeow,
junkai looks like a big boy oredi.. no more baby look liao. I remembered he was a little chubby previously. Now he looks more tall than chubby.

Peng,
rest well, ask ur #2 not to be shy for the next visit :p

bbroom,
JK no long chubby liao.. in fact now quite 排骨 with abit stomach and a big head hahahaha...
really miss the chubby fats... oh yah he can't recognise his baby photos and say those pics are not him. he even scold my mum for carrying a "foreign" baby hahahaha

serenemeow,
haha..JK's comments are so funny..
i think all the chubby kids are losing their fats oredi.

have you convinced JK to go nursery oredi?

bbroom,
still cannot... now even can threaten my mum that if she don't go in with him, he will just walk out and take taxi home...
but ok lah he's in the midst of gathering his courage liao.. now he can wonder around by himself without clinging tight to me... but still need always to turn around n keep a lookout for me

garfield,

Thank you! He takes alot after Nicole - so I often feel like he's Nicole a 2nd time. :p

Yes The fit thingy is very scary, especially she has more than once per round! Doc says it is common amng kids less than 6 yrs but i can't wait! And it is really heartache to see that happening...and i dun really hear friends with kids like that -so it is common??

Congratulation, Peng!!! So happy for you!

serene..JK still very 'sticky' hor? YH very independent, 1st day take school bus with him, 2nd day on his own already n he did not make any fuss, every morning happily waiting to go school.

bbroom
just now the appletree teach show me the work books of Ashley n Zhe Lei. She said they don't do coloring n take long time to color n color in a mess. She said both of them the same, hehe! So Zhe Lei only have 1 lollipop instead of 2. He still dare to tell his dad he has only 1 because he is naughty, faint!

hi Eileen

yah..i've been hearing from my mum that our 2 kids have been ganging up to make trouble for teachers.. In fact this morning Ashley was telling me that she doesn't want to go Appletree. She wants to go "new school"..that is JCC. I told her that she can only go there after her birthday.

I think she is getting a little bored maybe.. I guess the things they are doing is always repetitive and recently many kids are also transferred to the childcare center nearby and she wants to go them in "new school".

How is your new maid? I heard my mum mentioned that ZL didn't want the previous one to go back.

bbroom
ya, Zhe Lei still miss the previous maid. Keep asking us to bring him to philippine looK for her. That time told him will have a new aunty to replace the old aunty. He asked me got new mummy also? Faint!

He still not used to the new maid n keep saying wants to bully the aunty. So now I have to look after him myself.

Hey Peng, congrats!! So I guessed. Hmm.. how about BBgal, Chin Chin, stacey.. Number 2 bueh?

Smiley, thot fits is caused by high fever? Did Nicole get fits bcos of tat? Got to watch out liao once it started.

Back