(2005/11) November 2005 MTBs

Elaine, they said 3-4 egg yolks per week..I think they meant chicken eggs....they said to introduce egg yolk first (prevent allergy) but I fed boy 2 quail eggs per day. I guess not to overdose...wait too much cholesterol..keke

Elaine
The nurse at the polyclinic told me to feed 5 eggs per week. I was like o_O?? She said babies now need the cholesterol to grow and good for brain development. They dun hafta worry about cholesterol level like we adult do. But I think feed alternate day should be good. As for quail egg, it has lot more of cholesterol than chicken ones, so dun feed Javier too much.

Sarah
No worries. Malc's name has been spelt correctly. I was teasing Yvonne when I was pointing out her spelling error though. Hehe... Oh, you were at the trial too? Sorry, I dunno which one is you, coz too many mommies there and I was too busy chasing after Malc. LOL! Bryan will walk in no time, then, it will be your turn to get busy.

Envy you mommies, at least your kid has good appetite. Malc watches wat goes into his mouth. Sometimes he wants, sometimes he doesn't. Hubby (as usual) not bothered about others commenting on how Malc has lost weight and his chubbiness. He said our son is a 'lean mean fighting machine'. LOL! Pengz....!

AP
Thanks for sharing with us about quail eggs. I think I will buy some for Malc to try.

Ju, Bryan too spilt out his food when he doesnt wan too, but if he eats too little i'll be like "u dun eat more, we dun go out anymore".. n he will just eat... haha am threatening mummy! hehe =)

ever since he knows how to spilt out his food using his tongue, its a nitemare to feed him!! but than agian, we wont have a chance agian in e future if these little babies go up!! =)

Elaine, am not too sure about that, but he been taking half boil eggs frm killiney kopithiam ever since 6 mths(begining of may or even earlier) .. i tink that was his first time (kinda forgot too).. but yea, but feeding him that quite long liaoz!! dunno good or not, but aiyah, he eats all my junk! hehe =)

By right, we aren't supposed to feed bb with half boiled eggs as there is a risk of getting salmonella. But, the older generation has been feeding half boiled eggs to bb, like my mom to me and my siblings. Up to individual bah.

elaine..wan to know what is the items for chinese bday!! check my boy's blog princejustin.blogspot.com

momo..agree w u...my sil add the blood pressure machine for fun..

Morning ladies..

momoko.. i can't start leh.. super tired by time reach hm.. hw to do.. heehee.. (finding excuses)..

Ju.. I do egg porridge for orlando, if not scrambled eggs like the Big Breakfast kind.. orlando will eat lor..

His feeding schedule is:
0730am: 160ml Milk
1030-1130: Bread/cereal/porridge
1430-1530: 160ml Milk
1830-1930: Porridge/Rice w soup/Mashed Potato
2230: Milk b4 he slps..

Tis days, Orlando dun like baby food anymore, he prefer those he can bite n chew on, if the porridge is too smooth, its like a torture to eat for him..

Me long long time never post already...but reading all the post everyday.
happy.gif

Sarah, u were there? show us your bb photo so we will know who are u?

Juju, Valery feeding schedule is:

7.30-8.30: 180ml Milk
10.30-11.30: Cereal or 180ml Milk
1.30-2.30: Porridge/Cereal
4.30-5.30: 180ml Milk
7.00-8.00: Porridge (not later than 8pm)
10.00-11.00: 180ml Milk before sleep so mummy can sleep thru out... lazy mummy!

AP, Quail eggs really good ah?

Momoko, TQ for organising the trial!!! It was more like a gathering for us. Hee...

Hi mommies,

Allyson's been refusing to eat solid for the last 2 months...all of sudden only will drink milk. Luckily, there's still something she wants to eat, else i really don't know what to do.

Her feeding schedule:
7.00 - 7.30am 180 milk

10.00 - 10.30am Mixture of food (sometimes egg, cereal, bread, puree veg) whatever i can think off since she normally takes 1-2 bites, then refuse to open her mouth.
12:00pm 240 milk
4.00pm 240 milk
7.00pm Porridge (also 1-2 mouthfuls)
10.00pm 240 milk

Ju, Thanks for e advise.. i better stop!! *whoppZ*

yea karen, was there, but had to rush off after lesson cos husb rushing to JB n he had to leave for aust e next day..

urm, as for my baby pict, just go see my blog lar.. hiangz.blogspot.com

Orr... Sarah, that was you ah. Now I have some recollection seeing you and Bryan there. LOL!

bluelips
I feel for you. Very sian right? Cook liao dun eat. Very worrying and frustrating!

Elaine
Malc has learnt to do that too. When he sits up, he will then pop his head out of the yaolan and looks at the floor and laughs. Like very fun like that. Pengz!! And he also turns 360 deg, which I dun like. Sometimes when he sleeps, he turns and kenna stucked. Then start kpkb again.

My poor son having throat inflammation,can't eat n drink.Then having fever for the past few days.Blame on the bad weather,mommies must give ur babies drink more water.

Elaine & Ju,
Do you want to consider letting Javier & Malc sleep in the cot instead? Guess it will be safer. You won't know what 'wonder' they can do.

Shuyan,
OMG! Hope your son feels better now. I agreed with you on the weather thing, it happy sunshine, not happy rain. Jaime had high fever (with running nose & cough) a couple of weeks back and it took her 1 week for the fever to go away, then a week ago, the runny nose & cough came back again. just recovered a couple of days ago.

Bryan never slept in a yaolan b4, so dunno wat i will do too.. but yea, why dun u change e babies sleep to cots.. tink a bit safer, as for Bryan, he sometimes just knock out while playing on e floor.. my floor got cheap play-mat lar..

Shuyan.. hope ur baby feeling better... its very xin tong when babies fall sick... cos u cant do anything to help him!! take care!!

BB2005 & Sarah

Haiz I also wan javier to sleep on cot but he prefer sarong so no choice lor and when he sleep inside sarong, he is easily sleep. If sleep on cot, omg dun noe must wait how long keke. But funny thing is at nite, he like know he is to sleep on cot so no problem sleeping inside cot at nite. hehe.

shuyan

Take good care of boi and yourself too. Ever since I change to pigeon magmag straw cup, javier been drinking lot of water as compare to last time when he was given milk bottle to drink water. Funny rite, guess baby are like tat, like new stuff.

ju for josh's feeding schedule

7.30am-8am 200ml ebm+fm (recently just started to add FM. trying to stop ebm liao!)
9am ebm+cereal or bread+cheddar cheese
11.30am porridge + egg yolk smashed and added to porridge
3pm 240ml ebm+fm
5.30pm porridge, then fruits
9pm 240ml ebm+fm

normally josh doesnt finish his milk in the morning so i give less. 3pm and 9pm usually will finish.

hmm..maybe can try quail eggs. for chicken egg yolk i add one every day. shld be ok bah.

elaine & ju
josh also does that in yaolan! but then i have managed to switch his afternoon nap to bed liao. so he only takes a nap in the morning in yaolan everyday. that is the one to be careful lor. usually put mattress at the bottom and use a string to tie the end!

bluelips,. it is not enuff to just drink milk leh. keep trying!!!! ask PD for help as well!!!!

Elaine, ya usually bb like yaolan and caregiver like it too hee.... cos' bb will fast asleep easily. But at least he is sleeping in his cot at night. So guess now what you need is to watch him when he is sleeping in the yaolan. Maybe on & off you can try him out on the cot in the afternoon, but if he don't want then don't force him liao.

Valery also sleep in yaolan during daytime & in her playpen at night. Our baby are now big boy & girl liao... Valery like to put her legs out & shake hard. The yaolan will shake like a boat in storm... She is not scare at all although she dropped out before. Lucky the yaolan is above my bed.

Hi mummies...been busy these days.. finally get to read these posts.

Elaine: Thank you for your bday wishes
happy.gif

Sarah: Hello to you
happy.gif
Didn't get to have a proper intro in Gym that day. So btw, is the party still on?

Ju: Don't worry about malc feeding. As long as he is eating some food each day is good enf. maybe he is more interested to explore new things around. Too busy to eat lor... This stage will pass okie. But anyway, that day at superdog, i see him quite hungry leh...finish his porrigde leh
happy.gif
exercise too much in Gym leh?

Here is Rebe's feeding schedule

6.30am - BM and small bowl of cereal or half slice bread.

11am - BM

12noon - Lunch ( Normal soup no salt with rice or steam fish)

4pm - BM

5pm - Dinner ( same as lunch )

7pm - BM and try to make her sleep by then.

Elaine: Rebe also sleep in yaolan during nap. She fell down a few times liao. Try to put her in bed but very hard...i give up trying. Will place a pillow underneathe yaolan just in case she humpty dumpty again.

Aiyah... In all honesty...i think all of you are handling your babies well leh... So envy to see you mummies put your little ones in prams and they can sleep so well in it.

Adam, Val, Hiro, Jav, Malc and Cher...You guys are great babies
happy.gif
My Rebeca duno when can sleep in pram when i go shopping..
sad.gif

anyway, i bought a bed that can be push attach to adult bad in ikea last sunday. Hope she will sleep in there and so me and my hubby can sleep well in our double bed again.

Will try to get quail egg for bb to eat this week.

Btw, have you heard of 1st born egg? Is the 1st egg that is out. old people say is full of nutrients and better than normal eggs. Can get at wet market...is smaller size than normal eggs and cost 10cents for one.

Hiroshima: Happy Belated bday to Hiroshi
happy.gif
How is the bday event in sport club?

Hi Mummies,
Have jus celebrated my girl 1st birthday on sunday....so happi......hv a enjoyable day but...disappointed with the cater...hv catered from Mum's kitchen after hearing some good comments but i was disappointed with their food & service....late...some more...requested for 12pm but arrived aro 12.50pm...

Talking about Yaolan...my gal hv been sleeping in yaolan in the day time from 1 mth old but she very funny...start to REJECT yaolan abt 1mth ago...once we put her in...she will scream & struggle till we carry her out.....So noti....no choice hv to pat her to sleep but then not every time sucessful.....she very playful...prefer to play then sleep... nowaday also take a long time to put her to bed at nite....sometime took us 2hrs....
crazy.gif

My gal still 'boh gey' leh......how huh...is it b'cos she born premature or ...
kao_scared.gif

Hi IF,

I catered frm MUM's kitchen too lehz... but e service n everything including e deco was good....n e food yummy!! =) I requested 1pm but e food came at 1230pm...

so sorry to hear ur bad experience IF.. =( maybe u should have complain to them or something....

Hi sarah,
may b you catered for more people..they gave u better service...hehehe....i only ordered for 30 pax....
the fried rice very dry..the vegetable taste sour...etc

JJ
Malc sleeps in the cot during the night. Not much worries.

momo
Josh can finish his 240ml of milk? So envious, man!

calbee
I think he was too hungry that day at Superdog. But I was quite surprise he was contented in sitting in his stroller eating. He can be quite a handful at times.

ju, josh can finish 240ml at 3pm and 9pm. although sometimes he will leave behind 30ml or so if he's distracted. but when he wakes up in the morning, he drinks less than 200ml though. wonder why, since he slept through the night, how come not hungry one?
he loves eating any adult food, noodles, rice, ice cream, etc etc. he's only not so keen on cereal. have to watch TV when eating. else he also doesnt wan to stay in high chair for long.

momo
Malc has to watch his dvd while eating his meal, else he won't eat.

Today, Hiroshi came for play and Malc skipped his afternoon nap totally. He didn't finish his afternoon milk, drank like 60ml. By the time he finished his dinner, ard 8pm, he wanted his sleep. So he skipped his night milk. I wonder if he will wake up in the middle of the night or super early tomorrow or not. Seriously think that he is weaning himself off milk.

I bring my son to NUH A&E 2times today.He is having fever the highest is 40degree,scare he ll have fit so send him to hospital,then come back around 6am,then afternoon 4pm went in again,cos fever refuse to go down.Then gotta do urine n blood test.See till my tears drop.

Shuyan,
Take care ok.. feel for ur baby too! =(

IF
no lehz, I also order for 30 pax.. weird.. maybe i was just damn heng...

anyway, boil quail eggs for Bryan to eat today, but he doesnt like lehz.. eat 2 mouth than stop.. but at killiney, he keep snatching my hald boil eggs!!! weird...

Shuyan: take care! hope Douglas is better now.

Ju, boy also doesnt like milk. I recently "promoted" him to drink 210 ml...sometimes cant finish also..he prefers porridge and those things that can bite...though he only has 2 visible teeth..until finally can see something white for his 2 top front teeth today.

sarah, I use adobe photoshop too

hi shuyuan, hope your baby is doing ok now..head down to KKH if he's still unwell ok

ju, is it bcos of the teat? for sometime previously josh also refuse to drink, cos the flow is too slow. until i punch the hole bigger, he's drinking more and faster!!
but now i have different headache, cos trying to wean him off BM, and change to Gain IQ (btw what brand FM you giving?). he doesnt wan a full bottle of Gain, so now mixing with BM slowly and gradually increase FM amount lor....

Shuyan, Douglas better already?

Ju, try changing his FM. That was what happened to my son when he turn 1-2.

Momoko, Val trying Gain now.

shuyan, i can understand how you feel. Jaime had high fever (arnd 39.9) sometime in end Oct. The fever goes up & down for 4 days. We brought her down to KKH and they sponge her and did blood test for her. She was still very happy when the nurse fed her med but the moment the needle poke her finger, she cried until very cham. Poor girl, my son see already also xin tong for the sister. But despite the fever she was still very active lah. Lucky everything is ok, if not, according to the doc, if the fever continue for another 3 more days (even if it is only 38), need to bring her in and do further test.

Thanks mommies for the concern.Douglas already fever for 6th day.Doc say somtimes ll drag to 1week till to the virus inflammation.Doc did blood n urine test,but everything is fine.Today till now still ok,fever went down to 38.0 like tat,ll drink abit milk n water.But if the fever still high I think ll transfer him to KKH instead of NUH liao.Cos the doc there seem like all very young n juz say its ok its ok,but they dunno tat we as parent is very worried.The earscan like not very accurate leh,use the normal armpit de like more accurate.

Shuyan
Glad to know Douglas' fever has gone down. I don't know about NUH, but that time when Malc admitted to hospital, it was arranged by his PD. Coz we brought him to see his PD first. That was when the PD said Malc needed to be admitted to undergo some tests. We were given a choice to let Malc admitted to KKH or MA. (PD's clinic is at MA). We chose MA so that his PD can follow thru all the procedure. I heard that there are many young doctors at KKH too.

As for the 'stick' thermometer, it may be more accurate, but.... with active bb, very diff to keep them still. Malc kept wanting to pull out the thermometer. I just tried today. I have to pin him down. I actually thought of using earscan leh.

Stay strong. Our thoughts are with you.

AP
I think they gradually prefer food with texture nowadays.

momo
DUn think it's the teat. Coz the moment I offer him milk, he will turn his head away. I need to distract him in order for him to open up his mouth. I tried punching larger hole in his teat, it is still the same, and he will sometimes gag, coz the flow is too fast. Pengz.

da mei
Change FM???!!! I just bought a large tin of enfagrow leh. I see how. I am suspecting that he dun like the taste of enfagrow leh. Coz just now, I gave him enfapro (I am mixing both FM for gradual change), he seems to be more willing to drink more. But it could be sheer coincidence too lor.

Shuyan,
Hope ur baby will get well well soon!!!

anyway, just a quick questions, is all baby's milk very sweet??? Cos i have been giving Bryan e "S27 gold" in aust n when we came back, we just cont with that brand... but i find his milk very sweet..... n my mom was commenting its also very sweet... but my husb says, its ok, cos if there isnt enuff vitamins or wat, e sg govt wont approve its selling here........ he is now drinking the "Step 3" one mixing with my last can of "step 2"...

Calbee,

sorry, wat party u mentioning ar? e "birthday bash" or e "xmas party"

hhmm.. "birthday bash" like noone is interested, so i guess its a xmas party bah...

but if any1 wanna drop by or have a gathering or something just let me know lar... =)

n i heard about e "first egg" thingy b4... i used to have quite a no of chickens at my backyard... n my maid, or whoever see e chicken come out e egg, quickly go grab it, break open n eat.. never cook one!! "eekkk" haha.. =) but they all say good for health

Sarah

Dun think Javier Firso Gold 3 is sweet, infact all his series of milk not sweet. Heard tat S26 is sweet too and guess wat, I used to drink S26 when I was a baby keke tat wat my mum told me lar.

shuyan, KKH doc also very young leh. Anyway, think if the fever didn't subside in 1wk then better bring him back/to KKH again. For Jaime, the doc at KKH actually instructed me to give her paracetamol every 4 hourly even if she had no fever continously for 2days. BTW, is douglas whizzing or does he has lots of phlegm or cough badly? if yes, then better bring him to see doc again if fever nvr subside at all even if the fever is not high.

Elaine, Javier also on Friso hah? I just switch jaime to friso from nan2. I find that the FM powder very thick leh! I nvr tried but it does look sweet. Maybe I shd try one of this day hee...

I also heard that S26 sweet plus heaty too. But BBs on S26 usually very good size hee....

Douglas does not have any cough n flu,juz fever n the inflammation with 4 to 5 ulcers.The NUH doc can still tel me he is going home already,so he ll pass the blood test report to another doc.So funny lor,cos the report ll be out within 1/2 an hr,he cant wait cos he say he off work liao.Now he is taking paracetamol every hr,and in between he take another stronger de to control the paracetamol.Maybe take too much of grapes,cos grape is heaty.Mommies remember dun let ur babies eat too much grape.Dougals is taking S26 since he is born,so far so good,have change to Progres gold step 3 liao.

Back