(2005/11) November 2005 MTBs

Hey mummies... aiyah.. didnt manage to catch up with u!!! cos husb had to rush to JB.. n he left agian today =( ...heard u babes n babies had a good lunch!!! =)

yea Thanks momoko for arranging this... n nice to meet u Elaine... n didnt manage to catch up with e rest of e mummies, cos i guess everyone was busy trying to catch their own kiddy.. hehe =)

yeayea... was tinking of arranging something. but dunno what to arrange!!!

Momoko, thanks for organising the free trial!

Elaine, X'mas party sounds fun!

Yvonne, I've added jayden's blog to mine too. Btw, noticed you left out the "r" for Cherisse's name in your link.

Mummies and babies with blog, dun mind I'll be adding yours to mine too.
happy.gif

Harlow gals,

The mass birthday party cannot go on liao....
No function room to book....
We just have to look forwaed to elain's christmas party....

momoko: thank you for organising the trial. Hiroshi enjoy it very much....

Good idea for X'mas party rite but am wondering where shall we hold the party at?

Maybe we can potluck or order high tea buffet etc pls share ur idea wif me. However, I dun live in condo so no lobang to book function room. Anyone can help on this if we are going to book a function room.

hiyooo.... changed my nick for easier log-in.. heez =)

as for e xmas party or any major/minor gathering....

i can offer my place!!! =) got a little waterfall n a big play area in e car pounch, and a okie size living area.....(which i recently remove e coffee table so bryan got more space)...

n another place i can offer is a condo near great world city, n it has a bbq pit, n a playground... but e thing for that place, if wanna go toilet, need to go up to e apartment!!!

am going for a tumble tots for a trail on sunday at parkway from 230pm.. any1 interested? the girl was saying there are only 3 babies in that class.. haa.. but seeing e situation i tink bryan would pref gymboree... but just to try out... going bring bryan there lor!!! =)

Hi Sarah

Thank you for offering your place and it's very convenience for me kekeke since I'm staying near you. Any maximum no. of mummies joining in?

Ok, mummies any comment on using sarah place? If not, we set on Sarah place. As for food, shall we potluck or shall we share $ to order buffet? Suggestion pls? How abt the date? Maybe I will put out the detail first and we can change it later on to try to accomodate everyone. Can I suggest to have a gift exchange program? Tat would make it more fun and meaningful rite?

X'mas Party 2006
Date: 17th(Sun) or 23th Dec(Sat)
Time: 3pm to 6pm
Venus: Hougang

Interested Mummies
1. Elaine

C'mon mummies, don't be shy to join in.

I am okie with both days!! =) but I am guessing that on the 23rd, I would have quite a biggie party over here... with other kids...But its arent confirm yet.. dunno will i hold on 23rd or 24th(xmas eve)... but than agian, i just realise its a LONG LONG weekend..... sat sun mon... hehe =) perhaps u mummies need a break with e daddies? hehe =)

anyway, yea.. am okie with both days... n I'll be setting up my xmas tree too!!! =)

n venue to be exact is kovan.....

n food, if its on e 23rd, dun worry about food, cos it will be settled... if its on e 17th... than I okie with anything!!! =)

n gift exchange would be good!!! =)

Sarah, where exactly r u staying, near Kovan MRT?

Elaine, just curious hor, the gift exchange is it every mommies bring 1 gift? For the BB?

For the food, i ok with either potluck or catering.

Wah Piang, Pat, your whole family sure love Man U, all wearning Man U Jersey hee...

The cakes look yummy. I know this sound silly, but does Orlando know how to blow candle?

Hi baby2005, my place is very near kovan mrt.. very walkable =) prob about 5-10mins walk.. towards superbowl side (if u know kovan area well enuff)

hhmm.. as for gifts, maybe we should like set a price (eg, nothing more than "XX" bucks) kinda thing so like u know agar agar wat to get??? ....

I had a party few yrs back stating e gift nothing more than 3 bucks, n no choc, no sweets (for fun).. n everyone had to crack their heads wat to buy.. haa.. FUN!! =)

ooohh, sorry Elaine, forgot to answer ur question earlier... urm.. no of mummies joining, i tink its ok lar.. like no max numbers (but not like 100 mummies..) ... but just to be on a safe side prob those that one other mummy have met b4, n not a new forum mummy?? (if u get wat am trying to say lar) =)

chien, hahaha.. not me lah.. i juz bobian haf to wear Man U jersey.. coz haf to b a FAMILY mah.. haiz.. hahaha..

No lah.. Orlando doesn't noe hw to blow.. we blow for him.. kekeke..

Sarah, I know where is superbowl, i live in Serangoon, have been 'active' in this area since i was a kid hee....
biggrin.gif
BTW, is your house very big? (just curious)

Momoko, thanks for organizing the gymboree, I was asking for you but then didn't managed to see you after that. Nice to see the little ones having such playgroup.

Karen/Irene/Joyce/Elaine, nice to see you all again. Ju, Malcom aka angmo kia .. complexion is so fair.

Did anyone signed up for the class, after that ..?

Xmas party, sounds wonderful.

my house not big lar but cos i shifted e furniture quite a bit, so got a okie size space for babies to play...

but if its a huge grp like 50, than of cos e hall cant contain, meaning pple gotta use e dining area too which is a bit dangerous for babies cos thats where all e glass furniture are (i move everything up there cos of bryan)... n pple just gotta seat on e floor!! heez =)

but i guess as long as e numbers dun go beyond say 15mummies +15 babies, i tink we would have a rather comfy time as long as i move a bit of e sofa chair??

but if we hold it on e 23rd, than i doubt we would have a "playmat" area that is that big =)

n we can play bubbles outside!!! =) thats what i do with bryan....

n i got a self made baby pool, which is quite small, but if e numbers arent much, i guess we can set it up!! =)

we'll see as it comes lar.. =)

oohh.. by the way, how many mummies were interested in e NOV baby-birthday bash?? tot of continue to have it on 25 (Sat) @ my place but whose interested so far ar??? =)

Susan
Nice to see you in person too. Malc is a fake angmo kia. Hehehe... Last time his mommy always kenna teased as angmo kia too. Guess now it has been passed on to her son. I didn't up for the class. But it was nice being able to catch up with the mommies attended.

Susan

Nice to meet u but did not get a chance to talk to u, perhaps next time.

Sarah

Seem like more mummies interested in X'mas party hor! Ya, we see how when the time come.

mummies.. great that everyone had a good time. hehe not bad hor, we all go for free trial as gathering hahaha i also dun think will sign up lah, not until i have tried others. actually i think besides the kids having fun moving all around (and making mummies so tired following them and taking pictures), not much originality ..cos parachute and bubbles seem to be 'standard' activity at other play gym leh. so might as well find the cheapest one HAHA (babies cant tell the diff anyway)
may try tumble thots and kindyroo..u all keen? but most likely weekends liao, my temp SAHM status expired next monday!

as for xmas gathering. since its a long weekend, might go for a short trip (think to msia only bah).. so cant commit for now...

Any kind hokkien mother can help me on this.

Wat tradition does the baby have to do for their first lunar birthday? Like stepping on the kueh with new shoes? Wat item to put for baby to pick up? I only know brush, calculator the rest dun noe le. I wish to have a little fun for javier for his first lunar birthday. How abt mian xian with red egg?

Pls, pls help me.

elaine,for josh, wear new clothes in the morning, wear new shoes and step on the ang ku kueh lor. daddy is supposed to eat it (my hubby didnt, grandpa ate it instead) haha
as for items to put, need abacus (or calculator), brush (or pen), book, chicken drumstick, egg (i dunno true or not, but my MIL add this). these are the min but some pple add more items for the fun of it lah.

momoko

Think my ah lao also won't eat it kekeke. Alamak, if nobody eat then got to throw away le. Ok, chicken drumstick is for the child to lick is it?

momo
so fast ur temp sahm license expiring liao?? so sad, thot can meet more leh. actually my heart a bit itchy itchy to sign malc up for any bb gym lor. you shd see malc's face when he stepped into gymboree that day. he was so tired on the journey there, but couldn't sleep. but.... when he reached gymboree, his face lightened up and was so excited. he was running around and shouting. hahaha... oh well, i guess these bb gyms are out of my budget for the moment.

elaine, yah i think drumstick for baby to lick/eat. prepare a big fat one!!

yah sarah, kindyroo is at turf club, when i free will call up and ask abt trial then let u all know. update us abt tumble thots ok? i probably will try either the one at jurong east or punggol...

ju, ya lor 2 weeks so fast ending liao. sure got chance to meet up, we stay so near (during weekends) hehehe maybe go try tumble thots punggol together hehee but i think not FOC liao. josh also din nap in the morning, but so excited at gymboree. yah little malc seems to have a great time. my sis keep pointing him to me and say so cute, so small can run about! haha
good to try a few more before signing up. no budget? then just go now and then for trials.. hahaha can try diff ones. hehe

dear mommies
how do you normally serve eggs to your little ones? i try giving scrambled egg with milk and cheese, the prob is he will only eat like 1/4 of the portion and dun wan anymore. so headache...

and i think i am underfeeding malc. mom always comment he has shrunken. and it doesn't help when malc is not keen in his milk nowadays. Sigh... here is his feeding schedule:

8.30am: 220ml FM (he doesn't finish his milk at one go, it takes 3 attempt to clear up the bottle)
8.30am to 10am: cheerio cereal (feed until he doesn't want anymore. he doesn't eat alot...)
12pm: porridge/cereal
3pm: 120ml FM (mostof the time he reject it, even if he drinks, he doesn't finish it. urgh!!)
5/6pm: porridge
before bedtime: 120ml FM (he dun usually finish!!)

How??? Can share yours with me??

Hi Ju,

Nowsaday, Jaime also don't want to finish her milk. For every 220ml feed, she will "keep" abt 30-60ml (don't know for who).

Here's Jaime's schedule:
7am: 220ml FM
10am: Cereal or 220ml FM
1pm: Porridge
4pm: 220ml FM
6:30pm: Porridge
10pm: 220ml FM

But inbetween all her feeds, she'll snack here & there esp at my MIL's place, cos' the grandma & aunties will always feed her something inorder to carry her. She is quite tam chia too, she'll point and tell u to go kitchen for food.

Hi all,

yup, want to take boy to more baby gym but then trials r normally not available during weekends.

Boy's feeding schedule:

6 am: 180 ml
9 am: 120 ml + Cereal
1 pm: Porridge with egg (sometimes)
4 pm: 180 ml
7 pm: Porridge
11 pm: 180 ml

hehehe..actually all the schedules r quite similar. Recently, boy doesnt really like his cereal liao...well he took almost the same cereal since 5 mths plus...took him to Mac for hot cakes today in place of his cereal for a change.

Ju, usually we give him hard-boiled egg. Lately, bot some quail eggs. Quite good. He will eat 1 each with the porridge. He seems to grow fatter lately.

Sleep is also v impt i guess.

Hi Hi... Just had a tumble tots experience today at parkway... all I can say is...

GYMBOREE is so much better!!!!

the equipments are about the same, just that Gymboree has much more useful ones, for e kids our age. Cos TT (tumble tots) e session is for babies to walking..

n they didnt have e parachute thing neither e bubbles...

they had a massage session that i couldnt get bryan to lie down for me to do a massage for him. so a bit useless..

n today, there were only 2 babies including bryan.. this other baby was also for trial she is a ang moh kid!! super cute, she was enjoying herself bouncy bouncy in e big ball.. but she was only 7 mths n cant really crawl yet

e only advantage for TT was there were 3 pple in charge, n 2 babies, so it was really a 1 to 1 baby approach, n they were really friendly playing with bryan.....

even e songs they sing at gymboree is much more catchy... n i guess bryan had more fun there...

but thats just how i felt lar.. heez =) perhaps some may like TT cos of one particular equipment known as a swinging bar thingy... It like a bar in suspension, so ur baby is encourage to crawl/walk on e bar.. n its moves when e baby is crawling/walking.. helps build his courage i guess.. but Bryan went thru it like nothing at all... n e lady was like "wa, its the first time i see a baby going thru so fast, other babies would like test test first" ... (but then agian e lady mite be just bluffing so i would sign up)

n the best was there wasnt any selling at all.. after e class, the girl was "so, u wan this to be a trial or u wanna sign up with us"

n i paid 23 bucks for a trial... haa..

e reason i chose "sunday" was cos e girl told me there were 4-5 babies in e sunday class.. n i saw none!!

but bryan made new friend with an ang moh kid! haha... both were so cute (baby-talking to each other)... haha....

Hey Ju,

Malcolm was really cute that day at gymboree.

sorry didnt get a chance to say hello...

my husband was really praising him so cute...

n i guess bryan was also envious he could walk.. he kept looking at malcolm go.. hehe =)

n this is bryan eating schedule

730am - 240ml milk
10am - fresh bread (my aunt buys one fresh baked bread frm bakery each morn just for him, n he loves bread... whenever he sees e plastic bag, he kicks a LOT)
1230pm/1pm - some puree thing (sweet potato,pumpkin,pear,papaya,peas,carrot,corns) - i just learnt to DIY with a blender, instead of getting e cans ones at e supermarket
3pm - 240ml milk
6pm - porridge
830pm - bread
1030pm - 240 milk

recently, i bought quail eggs for Bryan as instructed by his Father.. apparently he told me quail eggs whites are good for e baby... (not norm chicken eggs) *dunno y*.. so he said to boil e eggs, n remove e yolk!! ..n just fyi, he isnt a chinese myth kind of person he only follow western medicine, n western vitimins n stuff.. so yea... =)

n SORRY Ju, I tink i spelt malcolm name wrongly.. did i?? SO sorry, i am super lousy at spelling!!! pls correct me =)

hi mummies
i m from jan 06 mtb thread. just wanna check if anyone of you renting place to celebrate bb's birthday at either west or north area? i have headache in sourcing for a place....

Hi Ju

Usually, I give javier one smashed hard boild egg and mixed it into his porridge.

Btw, anyone know how much egg can baby take per white?

Never know quail egg is good, ok will buy it at market for javier to eat. However, I think one is not enough for the greedy boi to eat kekeke.

Back