(2005/07) Any July 2005 new mums to be?

Hi ikf,

me too sleep at ard 9+ & then there seems to be a routine one, like i tend to wake up once abt 1+, then another once abt 3+... Then sometimes actually will feel nausea lor.

2day went normal gp, he say my blood pressure on the low side. Its like onli 100/60, & he said tt could be the cause Y i feel giddy & also got terrible nausea.

Dr Tan ah? pretty straighforward. But guess she is those sort of doc who won't automatically tells u more, unless you ask lor. How do you find her??

Btw, where did Bleuz go? Seems like she MIA liao

shirley

i didn't take note of the time i wake up but like you, mine is also routine. everytime must wake up to go toilet to pee. dunno y but i didn't drink water before i sleep leh. no i dun feel nausea but i do feel hungry at times.

i find her alright n i feel comfy with her. ya she is not the type of doctor who automatically tell. she will let u know the necessary n tat's all if she find tat u r overall well. so if i hv qns i just ask n she will ans.

for this pregnancy 2 times liao, not to mention my previous appts with her. mine will be 21/12.

before posting this, was at the toilet throwing up half of my lunch...gosh 4 plus liao food still hv not digested...when will i get over this??? no wonder my gynae says it's no pt taking the vitamins n calcium supplement until the ms subside...

oh i see. har? she never give u vit?? she did gave me some folic acid & vit B lor. How are u feeling now?? much better? i feel tt if i really vomit out, it will be better than the food stuck there & i feel nausea

hi gals

u can take a look at this website to understand ms better.

http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/254.html

shirley

i was prescribed with the vits n calcium. she said i cld take them now or later depending on my ms...coz she said no pt taking them if i throw up after breakfast...

it's true tat u will feel much better after throwing up but now i feel hungry again...so got to take crackers...

This one is on our sleep...

http://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy/pregnancysleep/index#pregsleepbasicsBkmk

Welcome Wonderwhy
happy.gif

Hi gals,

I alternate between the two!
happy.gif
Guess different bodies cope differently. how is the morning sickness? Mine seems to have subsided a little. Am treasuring every moment of this.

hi tuffy,

how many week are u now?
the other time i used to munch on plain cracker to curb my mornign sickness.

which doc are u seeing?

Hi bubbleling

Try to drink a glass of prune juice a day. I swear that it will helps.

Dilute the prune juice with water if you find it too thick.

Hi Tuffy

My ms is still the same. Will feel uncomfortable after meal. Hungry also will feel funny. Sometimes, I dun know if I am hungry or full. Juz feel funny in my stomach.

Good that your ms is getting better.

Hi wendypooh,

Am starting my 8th week soon. I eat crackers too - it helps a bit but when I am hungry, I get v v hungry and nauseous. The crackers would not help for these cases. Must quickly go grab some food... i am currently seeing Yvonne Chan from TMC. How are things on your side?
happy.gif

hi Tomatoes,

Same here!! the improvement is that I don't feel sick all day. But, still have got funny taste in the mouth the moment I stop eating. If I get hungry, I get quite nauseous. last week, like you, I couldn't tell if I am hungry. Last few days, am more aware..

Hi Tuffy

At least I know that I am not abnormal. My stomach really feel funny whether I am hungry or full; both ways I still feel nauseous.

Nowadays, if I dun know if I am hungry or full, I will try to think of the food that I feel like eating at that moment. If I really want to eat that food, then I will presume that I am hungry. Frankly speaking, I really hate to have this funny stomach. Hope this stage will quickly go away very soon.

Talking about funny taste, I also have this metallic taste in my mouth. I hate to drink plain water now 'cos it will make the taste more obvious.

Hi tomatoes,

It might help if you just eat during regular intervals regardless of whether you feel hungry. That way, you won't have to suffer from hunger related nausea. The funny taste in the mouth is most intense for me just after meal. V jiat lat. Usually try to take a polo mint to kill the taste but it only works for a short while.

Hi bubbleling

Hope the prune juice will work for you. If you dun like the taste, just half a glass and dilute it with water will work juz as good.

hi all,
finally my ms went down a bit liao but anyone experiencing sharp pain around ur abds when u squat down n stand up again? light headedness?
happy.gif

Long time no post msg liao. er.. this morning got some bleeding. so scare, went to the KKH 24hr clinic. the gynae say it happens to abt 30% of preggie women lor. so quite normal one. hmm..then now the gynae can see my gynae & listen to the heartbeat.. so happi!!!

Hi Sheris,

So lucky!! What week are you in now? My ms subsided for 2 days and now it's back again.. sian..

hello gals

how have you all been? me still very much the same. the whole of sunday and yesterday morning were bad cos' i had a lot of wind in my stomach. my stomach just kept churning...lucky thing it got better in the afternoon.

sheris

so good...i do experience light headedness sometime.

shirley

now u can put your mind at ease with the bb's heartbeat...kekeke

Hi lkf

Me not any better... feeling really uncomfortable in my stomach for the whole weekend.... and ms still going on though no vomitting yet.... now think I am going to have a flu 'cos I have abit of running nose and itchy throat now....

Btw, went for my scan last nite and my bb is now 8mm liao....
happy.gif

hi gals!!
Me still experiencing sleeping disorders too!! At least now onli wake up 2x to go toilet.. But still have pbms getting back to sleep..

Nowadays I have been experiencing backaches.. Dunno if its cos my sitting/sleeping posture nt rite...

sheris,
I also do experience light headedness.. Esp when i tried to get up from bed/squatting.. Maybe its due to low blood pressure?!

tomatoes,
My bb also measured 8mm at 6 weeks.. Wat abt urs?! Prob by 10 weeks, u shld be able to see ur bb's hands and legs! :)

Hi Serrich

Today is my 7week only. Is my bb too small huh? Can't wait to see the little hands and legs...

tomato...
im also in my week 7 ..this sat week 8 ...at least u manage to knw ur bb measurement ..mi onie knw the size of my sac at week 6...

kokopooh,

me in my 8th week also... doctor say MS will get worse from 10-12 weeks ...dun know will be true a not .. when's your EDD?

me should b in my ten plus eleven week... onli suppose to see gyn on the 18th dec.... ahhhh this little fella is so naughty make the mummy suffer so much... totally umlike the bro n sis.....

hi lkf
I think should be due to low bp as well... think better go take a bp measure.....

Hi! Gals
Does anyone know if KKH and Thomson which is better?

I think i want to change doctor, any to intro?

Hi! Tuffy,

Is your doctor,huiqing? I was told she was either chan or cheng?

any chance is the same doctor?

yoo kokopooh
^5 man!! got high chance we will hv same EDD...but EDD keeps changing one....it also depends on how big u bb grow as well :p

lim,
KK & TMC actually abt the same ..cos both are woman & children hospital
happy.gif

Hi tomatoes,
Dun worry.. ur bb definitely nt small. I read from books that all bb's growth rate is abt the same for the first 12 weeks so cant tell if bb is small or big.. Not much difference during the first trimester.

Hi Ann,
I think its true that ms will be the worse from 10-12 weeks.. Prior to 10 weeks I dun have much pbm lei.. First time i puke during 10 weeks... And the ms getting worse during this period. Though appetite picking up but always feel nauseaous. Everytime i burp, will feel those "stuff" at my throat..like anytime will puke!! Hope that this will goes off in another 1week+ time..

Many mummies commented tat 2nd trimester is the most enjoyable period. No more ms! Can also start to feel bb movements.. So fun!

hi tuffy,

take small meal interval and it help MS. i used to take ribena often to curb my MS.

i still working will be on leave on 13 Dec

Hi gals,

Wan to join this thread too. My EDD 12th July 2005. Now in my 9th week. Seems like alot of us are facing similar problems. But think some of my symptoms are trailing off.

Used to have problems sleeping also, but find that these few weeks slightly better. For those of you who have problems sleeping, maybe you can try putting a pillow under your legs if you sleep on your back or put a pillow between your legs if you sleep on your sides. I find this works for me.

One funny change I find in me these few days is that my appetite not so good already. For the past 8 weeks, my appetite has been amazing...I just eat and eat and eat (hubby tot he had to find 2nd job to feed me :p ), but these few days don't know why got no craving and no appetite to eat. Quite worried about the sudden change.

Hi Gals,

I hope u don't mind that I'm joining in..
happy.gif
I'm 7wks preg.. I'm oso experiencing very bad MS.. esp when I'm hungry.. I'll feel very very bad.. until the food reaches my mouth.. but after meals, it's another set of issues.. burpy.. & food oso at the throad..
sad.gif
I oso can't differentiate hunger Vs Fake ones.. quite scary.. Wander if I'm eating far too much..
sad.gif

Hi Gals,

I hope u don't mind that I'm joining in..
happy.gif
I'm 7wks preg.. I'm oso experiencing very bad MS.. esp when I'm hungry.. I'll feel very very bad.. until the food reaches my mouth.. but after meals, it's another set of issues.. burpy.. & food oso at the throad..
sad.gif
I oso can't differentiate hunger Vs Fake ones.. quite scary.. Wander if I'm eating far too much..
sad.gif

Hello

finally manage to come in after MIA for a few days. I just hope this week will end soon and I am counting down. another 45 mins to go....

Welcome Piggy and ckluv2travel

my ms is just as bad. i can feel nauseous when i am hungry or when I am full. the feeling of wanting to puke but nothing comes up is really horrible. i am into my week 9 today.

Hi Lim,

All I know is that her name is yvonne chan. not sure about dialect name leh..

Hi Wendypooh,
Thanks for the advice! When I am hungry, I get sick. When I am full, I also get sick. So I get a little scared of eating sometimes..
sad.gif
Good luck to you! hope you have a smooth delivery!!
happy.gif

Hi ladies,
you mean the ms will get worse!!?? oh no.. I thought it would only peak at 8 to 9th week.. big sigh....

Hi gals

Someone mentioned in this thread the ms will be the worst during 8-12 weeks. Well, I couldn't agree more cos my ms is really full blast since yesterday.

I vomitted many times last nite till early morning. Din sleep well of course and today got a terrible backache. Today really no appetite for any food but lucky still can drink some fluid.

No food and backache made me very weak today and I really walk and look like a walking zombie. I feel really really sick... Dun know how to go to work tomorrow and dun dare to go c any GP today cos scare the medication not suitable. Really feel like crying...

Hi tomatoes,

oh dear.. so sorry to hear that your ms has turned so bad all of a sudden... Do hang in there yah? Did you ask your gynae for nausea pills? I hear that it helps. The GP probably won't be prepared to prescribe you anything. You should go straight to your gynae. Take care!

hi lim

I am now seeing dr Yam KL frm kkh.Saw him once, referal by my aunty working in kkh, seems not bad, he will follow you through the delivery.

So now you seeing which doctor??

Hi Tuffy

I forgot to ask my gynae for nausea pills, will ask from him this Tue when I see him again. Now feel slightly better liao but dun know when it will strike again. Have been staying at home all day long cos I really cannot stand all the smells found outdoor.

Today, I kept telling my bb not to make me suffer so much...;p

Hi tomatoes,

Good to hear that you are feeling better.
happy.gif
I am keeping my fingers crossed that my ms doesn't deteriorate... Which week are you in right now?

BTW, is your tummy starting to show? Mine is.. v surprising - my hubby said I actually look pregnant..

Good Morning gals

Tomatoes

Your MS sounds bad. but you got to hang in there.
MS also set in on me over the past few days. sometimes I just feel nauseous for no reasons; go toilet to puke but nothing except water came out. i have stuffy nose too. had headache, aching body over the weekend too so did not do anything except sleep and sleep...I keep telling myself to "tong" for another 3,4 wks and got MS means baby is growing...

hello ladies

lkf, tomatoes,
u 2 very poor thing, better take care of yourselves. Hope that your ms will go away soon.

lim,
my first bb delivered at TMC.
Usually u will be at your gynae clinic for your check ups. Only at 20+ weeks then u will need to go for detail scan at fetal assessment clinic (if not wrong) at TMC and subsequently for delivery itself. The nurses there are very nice and gentle.
Even the lession at parentcraft are quite interesting and informative.

A good choice for delivery there.

Back