(2005/07) Any July 2005 new mums to be?

hi tuffy...

hmm mayb we are in the same week ...tmr will knw liao hehe then update here again
lkf,
ya ..im looking fwd to the appt tmr.....hopefully can see bb thru normal
scanning
happy.gif

Hi Shirley,

My appt is at 11.20am on Monday. Can't wait... I really hope everything is ok...
No need impress hor.. hehehe.. I asked the nurse when I called up to make appt and
she was sooo sweet... told me all abt the packages.

Forgot to to say that the Premier Package is for The Private Suite. Everything else is
the same. But it's a separate waiting area and more personal. Shorter waiting time
as well. It's like their more exclusive service. $90 more for Senior Consultant level.

Hi bubbleling,

My EDD is 4 days after yours =D
But this will change after the scan .. by then, the gynae will be able to give a more
accurate estimate.

Hi eeyore78,

wah.. that's quick that you got preggie .. hehehe =p
Am I the "least efficient" here? I got married in Sept 2002. =)

Have a great weekend ladies....

Yo bleuz
happy.gif

mine might not b accurate....after tmr appt hopefully i can see the sac then estimate the EDD as well..come bk here & update u gals...meanwhile enjoy the weekends...take care ladies!!!

Hi hi,

sigh... yesterday had a serious gastric at nite. Got to wake my hubby up to acc me to visit the 24 hr clinic. Doc confirm its gastric... oh boy... cannot tahan tt feeling, keep feeling nausea & very painful somewhere above tummy. At 1st thought something happening to bb, thk gdness everything is ok now.

So now waiting anxiously for my gynae visit on mon...

Hi Shirley

Hope you are feeling better now. Gastric is painful when we are preggie. So must be very careful about it.

shirley,

take care okie...update us again on ur gynae visit...

yo gals ,
juz went for my gynae appt this morning ...manage to scan the sac ..measures at 2.3cm hmm oh no gynae nv tell mi bb measurement onie told mi im at my 6th week now...will b goin bk to see him 2 weeks later..hope can detect heartbeat this time round
happy.gif

Hi bubbleling

You should be about to detect your bb heartbeat by the next time you see your gynae again
happy.gif

I just went for my scanning today and managed to detect my bb heartbeat. My bb measured at 2.4mm only. Actually din expect to hear any heartbeat today. Really had a pleasant surprise, it's so amazing & touching...
happy.gif

Hi bubbleling,

what's the size of your bb now? your 2.3 cm refers to the sac or the bb? sorry - a little confused..

Hi Tuffy

I made a mistake when I posted that my bb is 7mm that other time. What I meant is that my sac is 7mm during that time. Hee!
happy.gif

hi gals heehee new here juz found out that i m preg n went for my first gyn visit yesterday... got shock when told tat little fella already 9 weeks and 1.9cm.... anyone got experience a lot of back ache n abd pain?

Hi! Sheris

Sometime u will feel abd pain, but not a lot, as is your womb expanding.
But if it hurts painfully, better go and see the doctor.
As for the back ache, yah, slighty, so u must not stand too long and rest more. Sleep on your side rather than on your back.
And don't drink cold water.

If u have a back ache now, on the 8 month, when bb is bigger, u will feel even more. So must rest.
And if u scared in future got back ache after birth:
Don't use the epidural, as after birth u often have the back ache.
And during confindment, don't sleep in air-con and don't use fan.
Must take care ah!!!

hi gals,

glad to see that there is more n more mummies....
we all must take extra care in this trimester as bb the most vulnerable at this state.

Don over-exert yourself as i got 1 fren who do some "siong" housechores and she got miscarriage 2 days later.....

Hi Tuffy

Initially I thought my bb was oversized too for a 5weeks+ pregnancy ;p

I do have that nausea feeling (especially after a meal) but not to the extend of vomitting out. How about you?

Hi tomatoes,

Last week, I felt nausea the whole day - funny taste in the mouth. Now i feel nausea and bloatedness after I eat. So still feel quite sick. But no vomitting so far (keeping my fingers crossed)

Hi Tuffy

I heard that it is common for preggie ladies to have a metallic taste in the mouth.

I think as we are getting more pregnant, the ms is unavoidable. Try to take small meals....

Hi tomatoes,

I know.. it's inevitable. but the days seem to pass by so slowly.. Also heard that ms doesn't always go away after 1st tri. oh dear... I hope my body start coping soon.

tuffy..
my sac measures at 2.3cm cos couldnt detect the heartbeat so bb size unknown yet but shld b able to knw when i go for my next appt when im in my 8th week
happy.gif

congrats sheris!

thx bubbleling and lim
but this is my 3rd preg but totally different from the previous... i dun get ms for the first 2 but this one is extremely bad... i feel nausea and bloated for the whole day n little app... not to mention the back ache( i do get back ache but not so early in the preg)..... tiring.....

Welcome Sheris

Bubbleling

when i had my 1st scan at 5.5 wks, the bb was also 2 mm only. dr says tat it is still very small n asks me to go back 2 wks later which is tmrw to scan again. hopefully can detect my bb' heartbeat. tonite sure very kan chiong until cannot sleep well. keep my fingers cross n hope very things is fine...but just can't help being worried because i hv a friend who lost her bb at wk 7...sigh

HI Ikf

You should be able to detect your bb heartbeat tomorrow
happy.gif
Dun worry too much and stress yourself out. And dun think of negative things oso.

yo sheris...
sounds like u really hv very bad MS symptoms...scary....so fasr mi still okie...no MS at all except for very gd appetite dats y put on weight so fast...:p

lkf,
woow at 5.5 weeks the gynae can actually detect the bb size? mine onie can see the sac onie
sad.gif

dun worry im sure u can hear the bb heartbeat tonite......share with us how it will b like okie?

bubbleling

actually i also cannot remember wat exactly is the 2 mm thingy. i had thot tat it's the size of the baby :p i only remember asking the gynae whether the size is ok n she says it's normal. me really blur hor...too happy liao. tmrw i must read more carefully...kekeke

lkf..
same as u ...gynae was actually telling me my sac size ...was actually tinking of bb size hahaha btu cant b that big mah ....so mayb will ask in details 2 weeks later

Hi lkf

2mm should be the size of your bb. At 5.5 week your sac should be bigger than 2mm liao. My bb was 2.4mm when I was 5 weeks 5days last week.

tomatoes

tks for the clarification. i must ask my hubby to remind me to ask abt bb's size tmrw...kekeke...wait after hearing bb's heartbeat then forget everything again...

hi bubbleling
it's quite bad...n got very little app.... food infront of me but juz can't stuff it in... think i got a little noti fella in me....wan to claim e bro n sis's share of ms... coz din hv much when i had them

hello ladies,

went for y appt 2day. the scan can onli show the sac, but not my bb. So gynae commented tt the sac is at the rite position, nid to go back for a scan again 2 wks later.

As she cant detect the bb, so she cant tell me the EDD. She commented tt 2 wks later should be able to see the bb, else its not gd.

Sigh.. very worried... dunno if bb is ok.. sob sob.. really got the crying sensation...

hubby just dun get Y i'm so worried, & tts making me feeling more terrible than ever.

Hi,

I went to see doctor on last Friday for my terribel MS. End up with a week's MC as I have lost weight and not getting enough sleep.

During that visit, I can actually hear my BB heartbeat thought it's only 6 week plus only.

Now me at home very sian... can;t help but wondering the work piling at office :<

Hi shirley,
How many weeks are u into preggie now?? Since ur gynae mentioned that the sac is at the rite position, it should be quite safe.. Dont worry too much. Just ensure that u drink enuf milk, have a balance diet and of course take ur folic acid pills... So tt ur bb can absorb the nec nutrients. :)

Ann,
Wow... good for u huh! Have 1 weeks' MC. I also hope to MC for long rest lei.. As days and weeks goes by, I am getting tired very easily.. Hmm... dunno how long this will last! Imagine feeling tired at work but cannot rest cos many eyes looking ard.. Hahaaha...

I can also hear my bb's heartbeat at 6w6d.. Am looking towards to next Mon for my next appt.. Cant wait to see how much my bb has grown over the past weeks.. Hope to see his legs, hands and facial features.. Hehehehe..

hi everyone

can i join the thread. I also 7weeks pregnant my 1st bb and going for my 1st aptt at kkh..Very excitied. But my hubby is more excited then me.keke..
this forum had lots of informations to share.

I am also interested in the Premier Package hear that ur gynea will follow you throught out the delievey??is that true?

Hello gals

i went for my appt this morning. The lady who did the scanning point to me the bb's pumping heart on the screen
happy.gif
but didn't get to hear it leh. i got my edd too. it's 19 Jul 05. the bb is abt 9mm now.

Shirley

dun worry too much. Tat time when I saw Dr Tan at 5.5 wks, she also asked me to go back to see her 2 weeks later to detect bb's heartbeat. she also didn't tell me abt EDD at my 1st appt. it's cld be because your pregnancy is in its early stage.

hi gals...
shirley ...mi same case as u ..can onie detect the sac so will onie b goin bk 2 weeks later to see the heartbeat ..hopefully i can see &amp; hear ...stay cheery okie? dun tink so -ve if not u make mi worried too
happy.gif

sheris..
try to eat more meals but smaller portion...i hv a very gd appetite now so usually can eat a lot ...heheee

tomato..
at 5 wks 5 days u can actually detect the bb size ...*envy* i still waiting for mine....

congrats wenn...!!

Hi Wen

Congrats!
happy.gif

Hi bubbleling

I m sure you can see your bb very soon. My gynae has to zoom in more during the scan in order for me to see my bb. When it is magnified, then I can see my bb heartbeat pumping.

My ms is getting more terrible and worse each day. After every meal, I feel very sick, especially on my chest area. I want to vomit but cannot vomit.

Do you know if there anything that can make us feel better huh?

tomatoes

my gynae says that the worst ms is usually between 8 to 12 wks. i am also praying hard to get pass this phase. the bloatedness/sickness after meal according to her is because of our digestive system, so she cld only suggest me to hv smaller portions of meals at regular intervals. it does help a bit for me. i know how u feel coz i experience this too, esp after lunch n sometimes after dinner.

Welcome Wen !!
happy.gif

Bubbleling

my next appt will be in another 3 wks time. think by then my hubby's bloodtest results will be out liao. urs is 1 wk before mine rt?

Hi lkf

Thanks for your advice.

I really dun dare to think what will happen when I reach my 8th week.... I think I can faint when the full-blown ms set in as what your gynae has mentioned. Actually this type of thing is very pantang... juz last week, my colleague was asking if I have ms... I told her dun have.... then 2 days later... I start to kenna liao....

Now 4pm and my 12pm lunch is still stuck in my chest. Haiz..

Tomato..
i ever heard for MS hor the worse MS u get the stronger ur bb is growing inside u .....try to have a pc of plain biscuit b4 u get up frm ur bed ..heard it helps

lkf..
ya mine will b 1 week before urs....
happy.gif
so both of us can count down ....

Hi Ann,

wah.. envy ley.. got a wks mc.. how nice. If i got the MC, think i can sleep through the whole wk.

Hi ladies,

Thks for your encouragement. Does help me a lot. Mum asked me to rest &amp; eat well, cant detect probably bb is still too small. My sis oso commented last time her gynae cant hear bb's heartbeat, but my nephew is still a super bouncy bb, so things should be fine.

Oh, i oso kena terrible MS. Bascially now i feel hungry like every 2hrs.. but then can onli eat like a mouse ea time. &amp; always got the nausea feeling lor.

Btw, any of u start to take tonic???

shirley..we are in the same boat ...cannot see bb heartbeat but dun worry mayb still too early to detect now....2 weeks time sure can wan ..stay +ve
happy.gif

hvnt started taking tonics yet but mayb will start on my bird nest during my 2nd mth onwards...but of cos cannot afford everydy eat if not sure broke hahaa

tomatoes,
Hahaha... yah, i also agree that have to pantang.. I always tell pple I quite fortunate cos never puke.. onli nausea feeling onli.. Yesterday finally puked liao.. And its awful! Finally understand those with very serious ms must have been thru a lot lor.. Must peifu them!! :)

bubbleling,
Cannot take everyday if u taking in large portion.. Maybe once a week? Unless u buy those big bottled ones, then take 1 teaspoon everyday..

shirley,
My mil got the medicinal hall to prescribe some herbs for "an tai".. Asked me to drink everyday but i find it too heaty so maybe drink abt 2-3 times a week lor..

Will start taking birdnest when i am in my 2nd trimester.. Cant wait for it to come.. cos i love birdnest!! :)

serrich &amp; tomatoes

talking abt this pantang thing. i was telling my gynae yesterday tat i only hv this nausea/bloatedness but seldom vomit. my gynae then went on to say that ms would set in more between 8 to 12 wks and it's better for me to start taking the vitamins n calcium tablets in 2nd trimester so tat i dun eat n then vomit them out later (wasteful mah...hahaha). and u know wat i vomited the very afternoon shortly after my lunch...next time i better keep my mouth shut man...

shirley

my mom has gone to buy some "an tai" herbs from medicine hall too but has not prepared them for me yet. she says i can eat birdnest when i reach my 2nd trimester in moderation.

tomatoes,
yah i also heard that its better to take birdnest during 2nd trimester.. when bb more stable then start taking birdnest cos its quite cooling stuff..

hi gals,

thats wat i heard too, oni take bird nest from 2nd trimester onwards. This is so as bb will be able to absorb oni then....

Shirley and SErrich,

Sure wish that I can sleep through my entire week of MC...in fact I felt terrible. I have not been sleeping well for the past 2 days each day only manage to catch about 5-6 hours of sleep that consisiting of 2-3 short duration one.

What a torture. Those with MS would understand what I mean...I'm still losing weight...sianz....better hope doc dun get me hospitalised like what he threatened the previous visit.

Hope will end soon...

ann,

i am the same as you. i wake up like abt 3x everynite. so i oso onli am able to catch like 5-6hrs of sleep per day. like 2day, i am given 1 day mc, been sleeping from 9 to 12pm. wah.. really appreciate tt type of sleep ley.

Ladies,

Heard my friend said tt if taking bird nest, then take from the 4th mth to 7th mth &amp; stop after that. She oso say cannot "pu" too much, else bb will come out very red one.

Basically i havent start to take any tonics yet.

Hi Shirley and Ann

I also dun sleep well at nite. I will sleep at 10pm every nite but wake up at 5+am staring at the ceiling of my room. I used to be able to sleep till 7+am at least...

I dun know why leh.

Hi gals

so i am not the only one who wake up in the middle of the nite since my pregnancy. i sleep at ard 9 plus now and wakes up 1,2 times in between to pee...i can so sleep soundly last time...

shirley

forget to ask how u find Dr Tan...

Back