(2005/07) Any July 2005 new mums to be?

hi joy747, tomatoes,
Guess i shouldn't think too much then... but it's hard to, especially when one is preggie, emotions then to roller-coast...
happy.gif

Natmummy, yes, i'm expecting No. 2... will be due in Nov... No. 2 will be a girl as well... How about yourself? And yes, it's rather tiring to travel so frequently... hope it'll stop soon...

RE: Playgroup
I was rather worried the 1st day we sent Bella to playgroup, took the morning off, in case she cry and refuse to join the class... so far, she's ok... except for one or two occasions where she cried when my mother left her and came out of the classroom... i just hope that she'll be able to get used to such an environment...

Tomatoes, how's Giselle doing at her cc?

Hi Joy747

So sorry, misread your posting. Thought you celebrated Aedann's birthday liao ;p Let us know if he enjoys himself this sat
happy.gif

Hi Plim

Giselle has gotten used her cc and she has learnt a lot of things (bad things as well, haha) from there. She can sing, dance, speak valid sentences, ABCs, 123s, some mandarin. So far so good, but just that she always kenna punished (stand at a corner) for being mischeivious. Nevertheless, her teachers still like her a lot and her Chinese teacher even bought her a big Hello Kitty cushion for her birthday. As least I am assured that she will be well-taken care of at her cc.

Glad to know that Bella is quite alright at her PG as I remember I had quite a hard time settling my gal during the initial stage. Remember to give Bella some supplements to boast her immunity.

Btw, congrats for having another gal! If I were to conceive again, I really like to have another girl also they said one girl and one boy is more ideal
happy.gif

hey... glad to know all is well.

plim, do take care and relax.

bleuz,
yes... we shd meet up one day. so cute!!! Bernice & Kellis actually has the same liking. Dora...

r u now on maternity leave? pm me... maybe we can meet up. will be heading to ur area next wk.

PG,
Bernice is also starting her half day childcare too on 15/8.

hi all,
noticed that everyone's talking abt how they will be celebrating their toddler's birthday, great!!

we celebrated my dd's birthday 3 times.. one with our immediate family members, one in church, and the last one's on her actual birthday for my dh, myself and dd.

also ordered a Dora cake from ecreative... but was a little disappointed with the cake. coz the pink cream on the picture was a little bitter (according to some of my friends).. and it was very creamy... and the cake wasn't very fluffy and nice. but all in all, my dd loved the picture on the cake.. probably that's more important rite?

oh ya.. i haven't sent my dd for any playgroup.. a bit hesitant abt sending her coz afraid of all the sick bugs that can be spread from one child to another.

hey mary, i do agree that the cake was so so only. the only caption is that it has DORA. The party was for all of Bernice's friends & cousins. We did a family outing on Tuesday. Just my DH, Myself & Bernice.

some pics of Bernice's party:
897408.jpg

her Dora Cake

897409.jpg

Bernice & her 2 cousins

897410.jpg

Bernice pretended to be wearing a crown

some pixs taken on her actual bday: 24/7/07

897462.jpg

Waiting excitedly to open her presents

897463.jpg

All ready for snow play

897464.jpg

Starring at the snow

897465.jpg

Crawling out from the Igloo

897466.jpg

A Beautiful Smile

897467.jpg

On the cable car

I am thinking of going to Taipei together with my boy. What brand of diapers do they sell there? Don't wish to load half of my luggage with his diapers.

Thank you.

Hi tomatos...

Aedann is finally two on 28 July. He was down with flu and very cranky on that very day...sick for almost two weeks...but with guests, he is okay...

Joyfulstar
Your princess looks big and lovely...is she very tall?

Caring of kids
Is your child in preschool or childcare now?Their vocab must be very good...

Take care all mums....

Hi Mummies,

It's been some time since I last posted. Life's been busy with 2 princesses in the house. =p

Here's a picture of Kristen:

954233.jpg

joyfulstar,
Bernice definitely looks like she is enjoying her bday!

bleuz,
Are those cupcakes which you're using for Kellis' bday celebration in school? they look lovely
happy.gif
Oh, and congratulations on your newborn, Kristen looks so chubby...

joyfulstar, bleuz,
did the 2 of you manage to meet up?

hi all mummies,
this thread has been rather quiet... but occasionally we do hear updates from mummies and that is good
happy.gif

Joy747,

yes... Bernice is relatively tall for a 2 yrs old. She's 91cm tall. Yes... Bernice started sch 3wks ago. Just settled down. No more crying already.

plim,
we didnt meet in e end coz i was down w a fever. Wat a pity!!!

Oh yes... when r u due? which hospital?

bleuz,
Kristen is so cute.... are u now sahm w em? Think I pay u a visit this time, ok?

finally the forum is up... i think these few days the forum has been up and down... :S

joyfulstar,
good to hear that Bernice is enjoying school now
happy.gif

i'm due in November, will be delivering at Gleneagles...

Hi Mummues
As all our little one are in the same age group, can I know how is the drinking and eating pattern of theirs?

My boy has been eating lots of rice for lunch, as in three bowls cos maid overfeed and now cut to two bowls....guess what, he lost weight....

Just wonder how much milk and rice that your little one is taking for a typical day...thanks

joy747,
hmm, looks like ur boy is eating quite well...

for Bella, i think she doesn't eat a lot, here's her drinking and eating pattern:
- milk (180/240ml) upon waking
- porridge (at most 1 bowl) around 11+am
- milk (180ml) before nap at 12+ or 1pm
- porridge (at most 1 bowl) after she wakes up from nap
- milk (180ml) evening time
- milk (180/240ml) before sleep

in between these feeds, she will snack on bread, our rice when we have our dinner, chee-cheong-fun, fruits, etc.

recently, she has cut down to 1 session of porridge as she doesn't seem too keen in it and cannot even finish a bowl... at least her eating pattern is more regular during weekdays... for weekends, she will still hv those milk feed, just that for solid (rice) meals, she will follow what we eat...

Hi All

Really long long time din post... Glad all are doing well.. Plim delivering in about 2 months time liao hor
happy.gif

I just had a ectopic pregnancy discovered 2 weeks ago and last week went thru surgery to remove the beanie. Did a mini-confinement and now back to work liao.

My gal doing fine at childcare but recently there is a outbreak of Chicken Pox at her centre. Lately she has been vaccinated against it when she was about 13 months old.

tomatoes,
oh, so sorry to hear about it... glad you're ok now... do take care... any reasons why did the ectopic preg. happen?

so is the childcare center closed due to chicken pox or kids are stil attending as per normal? i wonder how effective is the vaccine for chicken pox and how long it will last...

Thanks Plim... ectopic could happen due to alot of reasons, but my doc can't specifically explain why. Was sad for a while but is now much better
happy.gif

I had checked with the cc, the principal said there is no requirement by MCYS to close the centre if it is Chicken Pox spread. HFMD then yes. Nevertheless, the centre is trying their best to contain the CP. But I would said it is difficult to prevent the CP from spreading as CP is very contagious.

Vaccination is not 100%, but even though so, the outbreak of CP will be very very mild on the vaccinated child. My GP told me if a child is vaccinated, all the more she/he should be exposed to the virus to build up even stronger immunity against it.

Has Bella taken this jab?

tomatoes, good to hear that you're fine now... can always try again... still young
happy.gif

yes, Bella has taken the jab...

hmm, this forum very weird, ever since it went 'down' earlier this week, i hvn't been receiving email notifications on new posts... hv to keep coming in to check... did it happen to you all also?

Hi Plim and tomatoes

Agreed, this forum shows no notifications..

Tomatoes
Am sorry to hear what had happened.....but you are still young, try again....

Plim
Thanks for sharing...my boy eat more than that but he is not growing horizontally. weight 14.5kg and height 94cm

Chicken pox jab
I think its a good job as it helps to prevent "snake" in hokkien....

Hi Joy747

Thanks. I am very guai during this confinement (except for bathing and washing of hair). I really ate and drank alot of "real confinement" food which I dun even dare to touch the last round. hehe

tomatoes,

sorry to hear what had happened. glad to know tt u r now much better. do take care and yes... try again when ur body is in good shape.

Joy747,
ur boy is very gd. can eat so much. does he still drink alot of milk?

Here's Bernice's intake:
730-8am : 150ml of milk
9am: a bun or bread foe breakfast
1030am: some biscuits in school for snack
1230pm: Lunch - Noodle/rice/pizza/sandwich with lots of fruits
4pm: 150-180ml of milk
6-630pm: Dinner - Noodle/rice with soup & lots of fruits

Bernice weighs abt 12kg and she's 91cm tall

Hi Joyfulstar

Thanks and will take good care of myself. Read that Bernice is doing well at her cc. Good for you... she's very adaptable. I remember Giselle took longer than that when she 1st started cc.

Hi July 05 mummies,

hope all is well. the thread seems to be very quiet. guess everyone is busy at work as well as with the children.

Wishing all an early Lunar New Year.
"Gong Xi Gong Xi"

hi yo

long time no see... decided to drop by to this forum cos i came accross yr email inviting me to facebook.. hmm still havent set up the facebook yet.. no time la.. so u working now?

btw, any gathering?
hmm going to be cny soon.. sure all bz shopping..

hi nur,

hey... glad to hear from u. How's Far? Has she started sch? U shd be very busy with 2 kids now?

No... I'm still not working. Only did Part Time teaching and Kindermusik teaching on assignment basis last yr when Bernice started her Childcare in Aug.

This year I'm not doing the Kindermusik teaching coz my No.2 is due in April.

Yes... CNY is round the corner but not really tt busy....

hi yo,

far is fine. last yr she did went for a 2hr playgroup till end of nov, but dis yr have yet to start another one. i dunno if its gonna benefit her more is she goes to childcare.. but i will miss her alot n worry abt her. worry in the sense cos wen shes not in front of my eyes, every second i will tink wat she doing.. eating wat n play wat. especially childcare long hrs, far is the dunno how to fight back one. if kids push or hit her, she will just kip quiet n feel sad quietly..

so u having no. 2 in april huh.. congrats.. didnt noe abt it.. so is it a boy or a gal.. btw wat made u put bernice in halfday childcare?

Hi

Mine mom take care of my son after my maternity leave and the schedule is that he stay in my mom home on weekday n we bring him home only on Friday night. It has been the rotinue for 2 1/2 years. After the CNY, he start crying when we want to go home. He do cry a few time saying he want to go home before but can be distracted. This time round, we are not able to distract him or convince him.

Any one know the reason or have experience it before?

Nur,

I'm having a boy this time.

Hey.. you shdn't worry too much for Far. Fight back is a bit too strong a word to use. By gg CC, U can allow Far to learn to be independent. At the same time, u can have some quality time with ur bb no. 2.

I decided to send Bernice to halfday CC last yr coz I want to teach Kindermusik (work) a few hours while she's in school. At the same time, Bernice always loves to have friends ard to play with. Going CC for her is gd as it allows me to have some time for myself.

Now as I'm waiting for the arrival of bb no. 2, i get to rest and teach/give tuition when she's in sch.

maybe u shd start sourcing ard for a CC for Far again so it's less taxing for u....

Take care...

hi yo,

congrats in having a bb boy dis time,. just nice rite.. one boi and one gal.. i was so happy wen i found out mine was boi.. so r u stopping at two then? hehe..

Hello mummies,
Sorry to interrupt. I have 2 boys of preschool age and want to send them to school. May I find out from you what are the important factors that you all consider when choosing a preschool? Ie. teacher-to-student ratio? Price? Curriculum?

chihuahua
I am looking into convenient, MRT accessible or nearby my place where I can pick him up easily. Secondly will be the learning environment - not too noisy. Then follow by the teacher-to-student ratio, meals and curriculum.

And of course the price has to be affordable.

hi Joy747,
I am new here, just joined. Most of the threads are actively but not this. Where are all the mummies for July baby? Are they busy with 2nd child?
happy.gif
Or they have more than 2?

Ya, my baby is in the childcare since Jan08. Recently just change to another cc. How about you?

Hi Audrey
Should have thought that its july as this is a july thread.D your boy celebrate his third birthday?When is his big day?

Is he talking alot now?My boy is asking me lots of questions now.

Ya, celebrated at cc. His birthday was on 22Jul and also his last month with the cc.

Now is the stage where normally they ask a lot of why, when, how, where question. Especially why, I think just for the sick of asking why, and don't really know why they ask that kind of question. When I really don't know how to answer him, I will ask him back why you ask me this question, normally it works, he will not cont questioning me :p

Quite demanding and most of the time will show tantrum when his request not meet. I have been train to ignore his cry when he is too much. 

Hi Audrey

Our boys is only 6 days apart, mine on 28Jul.He was sick one week prior to his birthday.

My boy is very naggy, he will keep repeating his question till he gets his answer.

Lately, he will shout when his request is not met...usually to his dad not to me....

Back