(2005/07) Any July 2005 new mums to be?

hi mummies... some pix of kellis =)

445006.jpg

445007.jpg

445008.jpg

hi mummies,

back from bangkok on sunday. was a great escape and time to recharge. i missed tabi terribly when i was there. everytime see another baby i will think about my tabi. everyday call my mum at least 2-3 times to check on her and make sure mum sends lots of mms throughout the day to let me see her.
after not seeing her for 3 dayz, when i come back she suddenly look so matured. and she oso walking abit more steadily liao. still only take 3-4 steps then fall onto buttocks but now the steps are bigger. she oso now abit more confident so she tries to walk more, like to get to me she will stand up and try to walk to me instead of crawling now. hope by her bday she can walk properly then can wear nice nice dress liao.

tabi's bday in about 2 weeks time. do u guz find that as ur bb's 1st yr approached they don't look so baby anymore??? i suddenly find tabi's mannerism and looks and behaviour very different. she no longer behave like baby, now like more grown up. as if like toddler liao. even the way she talks (actually blabbering) is so different. i really enjoy observing her now. feel like got sense of pride to see her grow up.

1st Birthday
Wah very stress. next sat having her bday lunch buffet with about 50-60 pple. but haven't book anything yet. caterer oso haven't confirm and cake oso haven't order. but at least got her dress ready...hehehehe..!!! any of u guyz order from Jane's Cake Station before? I think i'll go down and order Tabi's birthday cake tomorrow. don't know will cost how much....i'm sure more than $100 cos it has to be a 3kg cake.

ginsengmum,
where did u get shanice's cake from? very pretty!

i really enjoy looking at all ur bb's photos. they are all so cute and lovely. me v sad cos jus when i wan to take photos of tabi's new milestone my stupid camera crash on me. so now in shop for repair..sob! sob! can't take photo of tabi walking leh

sp,
i celebrated her birthday last Sat. Though her birthday is end this mth.

joy,
ikan billis will cause phglem ah? i've never heard of tt ley. but then i koe its a very gd source of calcium lor

Silver fish me yet to try. How to cook ley? nid to grind a not?

Zen,
me going to give shanice Gain IQ when she finish her current milk powder. Heard from the milk co have to mix like 1/2 1/2 of ea type of milk powder to prepare for the change.

Babykhoo,
Shanice's cake is from room for desserts.

Ginsengmum...wow you celebrate her birthday quite early....how was it?I intend to celebrate my baby birthday five days early as in 23 July...I still have not done anything, though already have the caterer in mind but not the cake....Do not intend to get a big cake as I believe most of the guest will be full to take it...maybe for kids.....

Rgds to silver fish....wash it, use wok to dry it till very dry and grind into powder form and shieve it and put on the porridge when need to feed

I will start baby with gain IQ too....

Wow, babykhoo. your guest list remind me of my first month celebration...my guest around 80 and really mad house.....Now, will cut down the number....

Oh yes, any baby here try the brown rice from EU yan sen?Today , I try a bit on my baby...see he likes or not...

babykhoo, welcome back... am sure u are recharged now
happy.gif

actually i agree with you... when i look back at Bella's photos, she seemed very different liao... no more baby look... good and bad in different ways lor... so i guess we have to enjoy every moment we have we them
happy.gif

on bday cake, i ordered mine from Jane's Cake Station... and Bella's bday is same day as Tabi (4-July)... similarly, will b celebrating her 1st bday next sat
happy.gif

ginsengmum, nice cake... very sweet looking...
happy.gif

for the milk powder hv to mix half half one ah? how do u decide which milk powder to change to now that there's so many different ones in the market?

Joy,
hehe, coz heard old ppl say must celebrate b4 chinese birthday mah, thus celebrate way in adv lor. hoho

wat is the age gap b/w ur ger & ur boy? difficult to take care of 2 young kids a not ah?

Eu Yan Sen brown rice ah? i did let sha try b4, quite ok lah, but there is a smell one lor. basically sha takes juke food. haha

Plim,
yup, will be letting her try Gain IQ lor. Currently she taking Enfapro A+. But after comparing the nutritional value b/w Gain IQ & Enfagrow, i think Gain IQ is better lor.

Ginsengmum....I do not know must celebrate earlier before the chinese birthdaY...I thought before the English birthday can already....

Did anyone practise the tradition for the one year old birthday...like choosing items..stepping on some buns.....

Age gap between my son and girl is 5 years.Honestly, good and bad....If close gap, finish at one shot and forget about pampers, milk powder soon....but, if bigger gap, able to enjoy the child bringing up process better....so, really up to individual which one would like to have....

Hi Mummies...

anyone of u tried cakes from Jack's place?? Now me having headache in choosing the cakes...

Hi Ladies... was on leave yesterday and busy morning for me.

Briefly looked through the posts. Thanks for sharing all the photos. We can really see how different all the babies look now. And I have to agree with Babykhoo that their behaviour is more like a toddler. My boy is starting to be more "independent" and doesn't like to be fed. Slowly trying to get him to use the spoon a little. Not only that he doesn't like his food to be mashed or scrape. For instance he prefers if we don't mix the fish into his porridge and feed separately... as for fruits like bananas he wants to hold it in his hand and eat like as adults. The other thing is that he has learned the magic of "pointing finger". Nowadays he commands us what he wants, where he wants to go and who to carry by pointing his finger.

Wow... so envious to see Tabi taking her first steps!! ;) Still trying to encourage my boy to let go and walk towards me. He has been standing up on his own alot over the weekends. Hopefully he will surprise us come his birthday.

odie, actually Bella also 'tells' us what she wants us to do by 'pointing finger'... she will point to somewhere that she wants to go/do... for example, when i eat, i will feed her with some rice grains... after she finish, she will point to my plate... seems to tell me that 'i want some more'... so cute... but there are times where she just point somewhere out of nowhere and i really do not know what she wants...

hi plim,

ur bella oso 4th july??? tats great. somemore celebrate on same day. how much is ur cake from jane's? wat shape u make? i making a number 1 cake, probably will order 3kg....hope that's enuf.

hi joy747,
yeah quite headache with the numbers. we din celebrate her 1st month so have to pay back now...hehehe

our bb are all reaching their 1 yr mark already. so fast!!!! still remember we were discussing our pregnancy awhile back only. now they r grown up n 1 years old.

babykhoo, yes, both tabi and bella same bday, i think another bb on this thread also same...

my cake is a figure 1 and it will b from jane's.
the min. kg for figure 1 has to be 2 kg... and it costs $68 (for 2 kg) + $18 (to make into figure 1), so total $86 lor... quite ex. hor... for 3 kg, your guess abt $100+ is abt right...
so, u going to order from them?

morning mommies,

wahh..catchin up with all the posts..

all the bb pix so cute..aiya..all our bbs no more bbs liao..all hv grown up..the other day saw a 3mth old bb at the ctr, gosh..so tiny! realised i miz the time when my boi was dat age..so different liao..heee..

i've not got the cake yet too..joy747, u celebratin yr boi's birthday on 23/7? me too
happy.gif
i think we'll make it a simple affair amongst immediate family, hv 2 tables in a private room at a chinese restaurant..my sister commented machiam like wedding banquet..haha..

Hi Timie

That is a nice idea to celebrate...my baby will have celebration at 6pm....do it at home, easier as baby able to go around freely too

Hi babykhoo...

so ur Tabi 1st bd will be a big one??? I am going to celebrate wif my immediate family only...cos full month we did a very big one....too tired to do it all over again liao....so will only be ordering a small cake....haven decide wat cake yet....headache cos I wanna No 1 on the cake but most bakery require min 2kg to do that.....too big for me liao...

joy747 & timie,

we're celebrating on 23 july too. =)

still trying to figure which caterer to go with (thinking of peranakan food) and which cake to order. headache..

came up with guest list and just relatives alone already 50+ people & we're trying to keep the party small .. *faint*

i'm thinking of ordering from jane's cake station too. seems like she's the cheapest amongst the chocolate fudge
cake shops. lana only does 1.8kg for the digit 1 and nothing else whilst awfully chocolate charges almost $140
for a 3kg "1" cake.

hi babykhoo,

agree with you. i was just thinking the other day that it just seems like not too long ago that i was preggie
and worried about labour pains lor.. our darlings are coming to 1 already and tabi is already taking
baby steps. =)

OMG, all the babies pixs so cute!!!! Feel like hugging them altogether.

Babykhoo
Welcome back! Did you buy alot of clothes for Tabi?
happy.gif

Me also celebrating my gal's birthday soon. On 9 July will have mini party and her actual day is on 15 Jul. Had ordered my Strawberry Shortcake Cake from Creative. Catering will be from YLS.

Initially want to find a nice and reasonable No.1 cake but just cannot find one that I like.

Ya, really time flies and our bb will be going into toddlerhood soon. I dunno if I will cry while singing the birthday song. hahaha

Joy747
I am always very emotional about my gal. Can't help but always think back how small she was last time compare to now... I guess it's really another milestone for them.

Oh, it's a 2kg cake and I will be paying $68 inclusive delivery. But dunno whether the cake will taste nice and look nice at the same time.

tomatoes, now that you mention about singing bday song... i actually worried that my baby will b scared if everybody start singing bday song...
sad.gif
reason being, that day, some of my hb siblings and cousins are playing heart attack, and when the hand (of the winner) came down to hit the rest of the piled up hands, my baby suddenly cried, very sadly, seems that she was frightened by all the loud voices
sad.gif
hope she will b ok tat day...

Plim

I also have the same fear as you. She is uncomfortable in a big crowd and loud noise.... I won't be surprise if she really cries when the birthday song is sang that day. Maybe we should do some rehersal on our bbs... hahaha

hi tomatoes,

i din't buy much for bb in bangkok lah. not much things for bb. i only buy 3 dresses from Jim Thompson for her. Those cheap cheap places can't find nice things for her. Oso bought some small hair clips for her from Suan Lum Night Market.

Hi Love,
Yeah this time it's going to be a big one. Thinking about it makes me tired already. Hope Tabi can take all the attention and activities on that day.
R u all prepared to go back to school next week? I very xian already.....holidays are over. Still haven't prep materials for lessons yet. Stress!!!

Hi Joy,

You can call them at 64811322.

They're located at Jln Kayu. 1 of the shophouse amongst the Roti Prata shops.

You ordering from them?

Thanks Bluez

I yet to order as I am wondering which flavour of cakes should I order and then zoom down where to order...I think if chocolate cake will order from Jane...But if durian cake..do not know where..aiyo, got to see taste, design and budget.....Have you ordered already?
My catering will be from neo garden, very good and has further 20 percent dis for birthday....Px reasonable and recommend to friends, all thumb up////

No problems. Actually, if you're thinking of durian cake, theirs is pretty good as well. =)

I've not ordered.. still considering. Seems that a 3KG fudge cake from either Awfully Chocolate or Jane's will cost ard $120-$140. So thinking if I should order a 3D Elmo cake for Kellis instead. Have not decided on caterer as well.

Will you be decorating the place? I'm thinking of doing up the function room simply so may go down to Concourse tis wkend.

Hi Mummies,
Are you gals keen to bring babies for a Aquaduck trial? I'm thinking of bringing Kellis so wondering if you are interested as well so we can arrange to go together?

Let me know. =)

Hi Mummies,

I came across this postng while looking through the forum. It's a sad story of a Taiwanese couple who lost their 8 month old daughter this year.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/5/432435.html?1150881252#POST1797222

I'm sure it'll bring tears to our eyes as she has videos and pictures of this short time they spent with their baby girl. Even the part where they're dressing her up for the last time.

I couldn't help tearing while reading it. It serves as a reminder to me how blessed I am to have Kellis and to treasure her always.

Hi bleuz,
hb insists on bringing Tabi for Aquaduck trial also. When u going and which location? Think for me Suntec may be the most ideal location. Trial free wan right?

Birthday:
Finally placed order with caterer today. One thing less to do now. Will be going down to Jane's Cake Station later to place order for the birthday cake. I oso wanted to decorate function room for the bday party. Bt hb say waste time and money leh cos bb don't even know how to appreciate yet. So think I'll skip the decoration. Hope the food is as good as what my friends recommend.

hey mummies..

sooo cute all the babies... :p all turning into toddlers le..
happy.gif
gosh.. times reali flies..
happy.gif

Birthday:
I'm celebrating Kirsten's birthday this Sunday.. :p somehow, feel like this week take very long to pass le.. hehe..
happy.gif
Finally settled the caterer and the cake last week.. now kinda relax le...
happy.gif
bought the deco also... just need to pack up my house a bit... getting excited.. lol..

Hi babykhoo,

I'm bringing her to the one at Suntec also. You keen? Shall we bring them together?

Yep, the trial is free.

Babykhoo, which caterer are you using?
I may source around for elmo or rather one of the character as aedann love them...If not, just a 1.I will not have any 3D cake as mum were saying that my sil bought a standing up kitty cake and end up like slaughtering and eating up the cat...so, me will refrain from photo cake too...
I will decorate the front porch of the house...that is hubby job. he did it even for his full month...just to add to the atmosphere that there is a birthday celebration...I remember my neigbhour was so shock that we have a baby at home, only got to know during the full month celebration....

babykhoo & bleuz,

we just went for a trial last weekend & comments are so so only. my playgroup arranged a trial for ourselves & we all felt that it's not woth the $$$. but, since the trial is FOC, o and take a look.

bleuz,
the thread u've hv visited is the gp i'm referring to. if u r keen to let Kellis join a PG or have PD, do join us ok....

oh yes... our bb's bday is coming.... exciting.... we are celebrating on 22nd July 2006 on Sat. yet to hv any idea of what cake to hv. anyone can gv me some suggestion!!!

saintbaby,
Kirsten looks really big gal, she's so happy and I love her thick hair! So pretty...
happy.gif

babykhoo,
glad u enjoyed yr short trip! few days only can see Tabi grow up hor, they really grow and change so fast.

re: 1st birthday
since hh still don't know how to appreciate, I also lazy to plan anything elaborate. think just celebrate with a simple cake & meal with family can already.
lame.gif

sp...

actually i wanted to keep the celebrations small.. but cos its her 1 yr old bday... somemore first child.. lol.. haha.. so tis time inviting more ppl than her 1st mth celebrations..
happy.gif

How's hh?
happy.gif

bleuz,
i don't mind. let's go!!!! when u going for trial? me can only go on saturdays or sunday afternoons.

joy747,
my caterer is Lian Huat Catering. recommended by my friend who's using them for her wedding. she tried their food and say got standard. not too pricey oso. $10 per pax for 7 main dishes and 1 dessert, additional dish $1 per head.

finally ordered cake today. initially wanted number 1 from Jane's cake station. but she told me because mine is for 60 people so it's going to be very huge and because of trimming to shape will waste alot of cake. if make number 1 will cost $188. so to reduce wastage and cost i ordered a normal rectangular shaped one with writing on the cake to say happy 1st birthday, this cost $148. jane doesn't go by weight, she go by size to calculate cost.

hey everyone,
i'm so happy. got something to share with u all....

my Princess, Bernice took 5 stpes on her own from the breakfast table towards her daddy & took another 8 steps from daddy to me just now. so thrilled. not holding on to anything and she managed to do it all by herself....

very very happy..... really looking frward to see her running ard with the rest

zen, where r they located???

babykhoo,
wow... their cake really very popular??? hmmmm must call & chk it out.

dear all,
remember to post some pics of ur bb's party for us to see, ok?

hi joyfulstar,

yipee!!!!! bernice walking too. it's really a very nice feeling when u see them take steps rite?? everytime tabi stand up n try to walk my heart will be filled with anticipation....wondering how many steps is she going to walk this time.

yeah jane's cake station quite popular. it's comparable to Lana's choc fudge cake, but cheaper and jane friendlier oso. heard alot of complains about Lana, that their service very unfriendly and rude. jane's cake station oso very popular for their durian fudge cake, but i haven't tried it yet.

sob! sob! i haven't been able to take any photos of tabi recently. camera spoil, now in the shop being repaired. haven't taken a single photo of her walking. so sad!!!! feel like going to buy a camera straight away but abit waste money lah....nowadays 1 good camera oso at least 700.

Hi saintbaby

Kirsten is really pretty!!!
happy.gif
Her hair is long liao hor?
happy.gif

Hi Joyfulstar

My gal also took her 1st 2 steps 2 days ago
happy.gif
Really happy for her!
happy.gif

Hey, Bernice is fast huh?
happy.gif
8 steps liao
happy.gif

joyfulstar,
congrats, yr Bernice can walk already, what a joy!

babykhoo,
maybe borrow a camera while waiting for yours to be repaired?
wink.gif

saintbaby,
hh very naughty ah, past 2 nites woke up to play at 3/4am... zzz...

good morning mommies!! tho it's a gloomy morning..but TGIF..YEA!!

joyfulstar/babykhoo,
wow..it muz be such a nice & warm feeling to see yr princesses taking their first steps!! congrats! they muz be veri adorable..seeing them do the "balancing acts"..sooo cute! i saw quite a few bbs tryin to walk in my boi's ctr and their parents hold on to their hands, one parent each side..such a lovely sight. can't wait to do that with my boi too..haiz..he's still doing his slow cruising and violent shaking of the cot when we put him in there..then after that he juz happily sit down and eat his toys, blanket..aiyo
sad.gif

babykhoo, can borrow someone's camera first??! muz capture tabi's first steps la! last resort, use hp camera!! better than nothing
happy.gif

btw, for jane's cake, do they do delivery? cos jln kayu is in the east side rite? a bit far for me...watz their signature cake?

wan to borrow my bro's camera but he oso suay suay lost his camera now. i took some pic with hp camera but download not v clear leh cos resolution not so good. so sad!!!!

don't think jane's does delivery. their signature cakes are choc fudge n durian fudge. jln kayu not really east lah....it's near sengkang n yio chu kang, more like north or north-east.

Back