(2005/06) Due in June 2005, Any 1

hi mummies,
I have a question about the communication book that use for your kid in cc. When the book finished, do your need to purchase one to replace or the cc will straight away issue one communication book for you for free?

Audrey,
JJ's CC will replace the CB for free.
happy.gif

You can check with W's CC - don't know if they work differently.

Hi mummies,

I recalled a mum recommend BPA bottle which can fit the pigeon teats. What is the bottle name? I had forgotten....dead brain cell after stop working

Thread is very quiet, let me post something here. Happen to see "Essential Parenting Tips" book on my table few days back, so will share here on what I've read .. sound so true for Ashley now. hohoho..

<font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">The Frustrating 4s</font></font>

Characteristics

Inquisitive
This stage is the age of many questions. Even when answers are given, the 4 YO continues to ask "WHY?"

Talkative
Because of their increasing capacityy for language, children now tend to talk incessantly. This can often frustrate &amp; wear out the adutlts!

Emotionally unpredictable <font color="119911">(THIS IS THE MOST FAN 1 &amp; SO TRUE MAN!)</font>
Children at Four can often burst into laughter &amp; tears at the same time! They are also sudden bouts of angers but the squalls are over quickly.

Lively &amp; Sociable
Full of energy &amp; life. How they enjoy being with other people now!

High Motor Drive
The swings, the monkey-bars, the jungle gym, cycling.. their need for muscular drives the 4 YOs to frequent activities.

Tips for handling 4 YOs

- Encourage the child to ask questions. If you don't have an answer, find out the answers together with the child - look up an encyclopedia, visit the local library, etc.

- Encourage lots of large motor skills activities. Allow them to climb, swing, ride a bicycle, jump, etc. Be sure to take safety precaustions so that the child can play heartily.

- Talk to your child, read to your child. Build on his vocabulary skills. Allow him to participate in your conversation.

- Provide opportunites for your child to have social activities. Let them invite friends home for a party, or have a popcorn nite etc.

Anyone watching Hi-5 Surprise! Live Tour 2009? Yesterday, R was telling me he wants to take fofo with Tim &amp; Nathan. Didn't know they are really coming. But then I realized the casts coming here are all NEW, wonder if I shld bring them to watch.

2665428.jpg

DATE
8-13 Sep 2009

VENUE
Singapore Indoor Stadium

TICKET PRICE (Exclude Booking Fee)
Standard - S$79, S$59, S$39, S$29

Twinklets
Thanks for brightening up the thread. Your Frustrating 4 certainly sounds familiar
happy.gif

Aud
Yeah, Jay's school also "replenish" stock for comm. book

Adora
I've stopped letting Jay watch Hi-5 for about 2 years, i wonder if he still remembers the cast.
Yeah, the cast are no longer the familar faces.

@
No particular reason. He stopped Barney &amp; Hi-5 cos he has cross over to watch the suite of cartoons on Disney Clubhouse and the chinese DVDs that we bought him. Already a lot, rite
happy.gif

He caught some glimpse of Ben 10 cartoon although i don't really encourage. Strangely, he doesn't quite like action-packed cartoons. After 10 mins, he will tell me "very scary" and ask for Phineas &amp; Ferb instead.

Lucky i didn' bring him for the movie - Monsters vs Aliens during the school holidays.

Tot of bringing him for Ice Age III

Oh dear, I just realized I didn't complete my earlier post...it shd be I wanted to bring R to watch <font color="0000ff">The Boy Who Cried Wolf</font>

Jaymon
icic..R also outgrown Barney but Hi-5 since C still watching so he also watch. However, he prefers shows on Disney Channel..Zack &amp; Cody!

Lucky, Jay doesn't like Ben 10...I also find it very violent.

@,
Ya A outgrown HI5 veri long ago liao. Furthermore the new casts terrible. Still miss the pioneer ones with Kathleen n gang. :)

@ n jaymom,
Me bringing A too. Very hard to get first row tickets now. Some dates onli left upstair tickets. I bought 29 Aug, 4th row. So not too bad. I like TLC productions.

SN
Ya ya I also dun like the new casts. For "The Boy Who Cried Wolf", it will be headache for me as I dunno if C likes to watch. R watched Emperor &amp; the New Clothes when he was 2+ &amp; he loves it. I doubt my little princess can sit still &amp; watch.

@,
then u dun bring C lah. Just bring Ra. N let yr hb jagar C. But hor, onli 45 mins. I think should be okie, cos TLC productions veri suitable is good even for kids at 2. Maybe u should just go ahead n bring both. If C realli dun wan at the show, then can get yr hb to bring her out. Its a good experience for her to this exposure. I would prefer this type of exposure than those hi5 shows etc. :)

@ &amp; SN
Oh no, the tix sale are snapping up fast...i guess it's worse on Sats.

@
u checking on the dates during the Sep school holidays, is it?
45 mins should be short enough to hold mei-mei's attention.

I asked Jay yesterday nite if he wants to go watch Ice Age movie, he told me "so dark, spooky, spooky, very scared!" Gosh, really can't decide whether to bring him or not! Even when i enticed him with popcorns, he still shake his head
sad.gif

@
I described to him :p Besides, he went for a play before so have experienced that kind of setting. He doesn't like dark, gloomy places except in the morning when he's still asleep and we turn on the bedside lamp, he will shout for us to switch off the light.

U bring R for Transformers..cool!! but he can accept the violence?

Jaymom,
We watched ice age 3 liao..ya..besides the movie..the kids love the popcorn alot..

Same lor..R n C afraid of the dark..throughout the whole movie, he does not wan to sit alone..sit on daddy's lap..

Jaymom/Adora/Sally,
i'm going for the play too..got the last 3rd row..think stall seats are still better than circle seats..though circle seats, there are seats on the 2nd row..

Jaymom
R is not afraid of violence at all....he loves o watch fighting scenes. *faint*

FMN
I am not bringing them...urmmm I prefer the front seats...too bad i only know of this play recently!

The Boy Who Cried Wolf
I managed to secure circle seats, but 2nd row but i'm fine with it
happy.gif

@
Boys will be boys..jay don't watch many violent shows also know a few kicks and swing of his fists.

FMN
Hmm...i might just bring him, let me try again next weekend.

we took the kids to watch ice age 3 too, sat at front seats, got lot of space for them to linger around because they simply can't sit still for more than half an hour.

my 4YO is always scared of the dark, so, entering a darkened halls of cinema is a taboo to her...so, i have to end up carrying her despite her whining. and like the previous movie we brought her to (bolt), same problem, she ended up in and out of the cinema with my hubby every few minutes. So far the most successful movie we brought them to is "kungfu panda", they came out so happy that we have to buy the dvd to watch at home almost everyday until now!

My 3YO love the movies, she watch much more movies than her elder sister and started as young as 5 months old. she used to cuddle up and bf in the movie theatre while watching it, no matter what type of movie (exclude RA, because we didn't go to any after the kids were born). nowadays, she don't bf anymore, instead she sat at her booster seat coolly and insisted to have her own pop-corn and coke!!!

but, they love live shows although they do not participate exactly. brought them to dora live show at changi airport last holiday. they just sit there and watch the show.
now, i heard from hb, that Adriana requested us to bring them to the hi-5 live show. :p

wow almost ten days n no post here. Let me post <font color="ff0000">good news</font> here on a blue monday morning. :)

<font size="+2">Mich is now Mother of Three. Big Congratulations to her.</font>
Baby Isaac has arrived unexpectedly yesterday, almost 3 weeks early, at 2.7 kg. Both Mommy n Prince are doing well.
kao_cheers.gif

Rest well and Take care Mich.

Congrats Mich!
It seem like not long ago u made the annoucement &amp; now u already popped!!!
happy.gif

Btw, this thread is so quiet, like a graveyard! :p All migrating to FB liao hah? LOL LOL! Btw I'm back to work liao. Time flies man!!

Cograts Mich!!
Have a good confinement. Your days ahead will even be more challenging but i'm sure you will do good.
Take care &amp; rest well!

<font color="0000ff">Where to watch National Day Fireworks 2009</font>

# If you are keen just to watch the fireworks, head for the Merlion Park or One Fullerton area.

# If you want to photo-shoot the fireworks, these are the 3 best spots:

* the Esplanade Bridge, if you want the Merlion in your pictures (need wide angle lens)

* the open field beside Marina Boulevard (next to NTUC Centre)

* the waterfront promenade outside the Esplanade Theatre, a convenient - and of course crowded - spot

hi all mummies,
Is your little one still drink FM? If yes, how many feed given a day? Can share?

Currently, W still has 3 feed per day, in the morning, before afternoon nap (at cc), and last feed will be at night before brushing his teeth.

Any idea when to stop our little one from drinking FM?

Hi all mummies,
Has not been posting for quite a long while. Hope you still remember me.

Congrats Mich!

Audrey
My son is still drinking FM (same, 3 feed per day). Understand kids still need FM till 7years old. Any comments from other mummies?

<font color="0000ff">bbrooster</font>
Joelle is drinking twice a day. Morning and night only. No idea when to stop but I will continue for as long as she wants. One day if she refuse to drink FM then I will switch to fresh milk. Drinking fresh milk is more costly.

<font color="0000ff">adora</font>
So which nice location are you heading this National Day? What a pity I will not be in town. You know what I am making joelle wear back the same outfit she wore last national day to school. The gymboree red/white strip top and her white 3/4 pants is abit short already but mummy kiam kana didn't want to get another new set.

bbrooster
U blur blur...type msg address to yourself?? 1.10am too sleepy

We are not gg anywhere to watch firewks...cos i scare of crowd &amp; hot weather outside...will stay home to watch the parade.

Oh Jo can still wear that? I saw some nice gymboree dresses (white &amp; red) feel like buying for C for nx yr!

Audrey
My boy had self weaned FM when he was 15mths....now he is drinking Fresh Milk, Smoo or sometimes soya milk. My mei mei still drinks drink at least 3x a day...sometimes at up to 4x (with 1 feed in the middle of the night).

hee... my children don't like fireworks because of the noise (we can see part of the fireworks from home) so, instead, we are looking for places away from the fireworks instead. :p

my girl also have not weaned FM too, but she drinks soya milk and milo upon her request. my mil keep pamper like a baby, so, even when she's sleeping also make her one bottle and force her drink... i wonder how am i going to train her not to wet herself while sleeping. *shake head*

<font color="0000ff">adora</font>
ya hor.....why I so blur. address the posting to myself. also play FB farmville until blur already.

hi all, thanks so much for the well wishes. I have survived the first two weeks! Now with confinement lady around, trying as hard as possible to establish breastfeeding and increase supply.

Haven't had much time for the elder 2 girls, really feel bad. But trying to remind myself this is just a phase, and I'll just have to do what I can. When things settle, it'll get better.

<font color="0000ff">Mich</font>
It is really tough. Get all the rest you need when the confinement lady is still around. It's good that you are positive.

stefng, adora &amp; Jane
Thanks for the feedback.
I think maybe next year will drop afternoon feeding for W. Left morning and night on FM.
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">Audrey</font>
Why need to drop the aftn feed? They do still need the calcium in the milk at this growing stage.
happy.gif

JJ also has 3 feeds a day. Morning and night (before bed) FM. Afternoon, we order the SMOO milk in CC for him. He likes it and also, if he doesn't drink that and take some snacks ard 5-6pm, he's like dying of hunger when we pick him ard 6.30pm. :p

His CC want him to drink from cup, tried last month but end up he refuse to drink from cup and given lotsa reason. End up I use the sippy cup for him then he starts to drink again (**PHEW!**).
Recently, his classmate tease him, says he like a baby still drink milk, faint!

<font color="ff6000">Audrey</font>
Really? His classmate teased him about drinking milk? That's funny, coz they do still need the calcium intake. Did you tell W that Mummy also needs to drink milk? Hee. True what.
biggrin.gif

<font color="0077aa">Thread so quiet... what happened?
Let me share a good news.
wink.gif

Me expecting #2.
happy.gif
happy.gif
EDD 26 Feb 2010.
And I know first question is: BOY or GIRL? Dunno yet. =) I'm in week 13 only.
happy.gif

I'm in a kinda tricky situation, coz bb's wk 38 (considered term) is 2 days before Chinese New Year. This baby must be anxious to come get ang bao. Hahahaha. So you see, I have chances for little baby cow or tiger.
happy.gif
</font>

TL,
I did tell him everyone need to drink milk, only different is some drink from cup and some from bottle. I even told him that is not good to tease ppl. If other does, either tell his teacher or just ignore
happy.gif
Scratched my head when dealing with this issue
sad.gif

If I am not wrong only 2-3 of the kids from his class drink FM, included W. The rest don't drink anymore. I think the rest drink from cup, not from bottle. So he kena teased from his classmate lor!

Back