(2005/01) Jan 2005 Mom-To-Be

Piggy,
So funny to see Linus and Sherman holding hands in the first pic! After that somebody gets so upset he doesn't want to play anymore, haiz! Linus is definitely taller, how did Sherman become the shortest one! Yeah, can send me the pics too?

Catz,
I was just thinking that if Sherilyn and Sherman (plus whoever was hiding behind all the foliage) weren't in that 2nd pic, it might have been one of those pics you see in a kiddy magazine. Bright yellow walls, coloured balls and lush green foliage, kid model in action shot. Hahahaha.....

We had a good time too. Clearing up wasn't that difficult either. It really was just blocks, lego, a few cars and shells. Took me less than 5 min. Value of eating outside: helper just had to pour a bucket of water and sweep it all into the garden! Ok lah, she did mop the ground floor too... all the little black footprints that nobody could see. =P

Tetra,
We're waiting for you to come back lah!

Hi mummies,

I am looking for a Personal Assistance to help me with the following:

1) Accounts keeping for my companies which includes
a) Data entry for expenses etc
b) Data entry for invoices
c) Preparation of invoice
d) Tracking of outstanding invoices

The applicant must have accounts background, is fluent in Excel and can setup a simple accounts keeping system, can read Chinese, able to work on a flexible time basis.

She should be able to travel to Tanah Merah (near MRT) once a week for a period of 4 hours to work in my home office (flexible arrangement). Email correspondence (for some simple data entry updating) for the rest of the time may be required.

Remuneration is negotiable.

If you think you are suitable or know someone who is, please email me at [email protected] with a simple resume, recent photo and your contact number.

Pls DO NOT PM as I do not check.

Thanks!

Piggy, Catz and babyd must have lots of fun & lots to catch up, isn't it? All the kiddos look so good, must have lots of fun playing though I wonder if they still can remember each other from their baby time.

yes, I would love to meet up with you all at my next trip, hopefully end of this year depending if I can find a well-paid job or not. The last trip did burn a hole in our pocket so now must find new income.

So irritating.. hate people who spam threads indiscriminately :p

BabyD, yes it's such a cheery yellow! They had heaps of fun working off their energy there. Poor Sherman, he was really rather upset.

Tetra, yes yes we must really meet up when you come back!

Tetra,
I don't think any of them remembered each other. But they seemed to find it quite easy to start playing together because they knew they were the same age, roughly the same size, etc. Sherman was very hospitable to the friends until his house of blocks got tumbled down one too many times. Oh well...

Catz,
Yeah, Sherman is a rather emotional boy. Cries inconsolably over the smallest things sometimes. I thought it was a little bit too bright a yellow colour, but it grew on us and Sherman really likes yellow. He calls it "the yellow house" so I guess the colour does give the house character.

Yeah they definitely didn't remember each other.. haha.. but as with kids, as long as there are toys, they will play
happy.gif

BabyD, I think it's normal.. Timo can get very sensitive at times too. Today he was upset because Bethany came back from school with a fantastic goodie bag and of course he didn't have one :p Alamak..

Oh well, Lucas is also super whiny when he is sick like the past 2 weeks. But he seemed to get better now. Whenever he behaves over-sensitive, it is usually a sign of stress, either kanna too much scolding from us or maybe some stress from school. I think he has his good share of bad days. hmm, or do we expect them to be more macho because they r boys?

Can't believe it, we're leaving tomorrow and Sherilyn is down with fever! Aiyah... Don't even know how she got it, prob from pd clinic when she went for vaccination last week. *sigh* Hope it clears up asap. Still got great grandma's b-day dinner tonight.

OH dear... I do hope it's just that the weather's turned hot in the past 2 days and not a real fever
sad.gif
In any case, enjoy your trip!

Tetra, I think some kids are just more sensitive than others. My son cannot tahan the kids in his class misbehaving... he acts like the teacher! Aiyoh so bossy.. then when people make fun of him or plain don't listen, he will cry like a baby. :p

BabyD,
Hope just a little heaty...that's all. Remember to bring the meds with you. Enjoy and have fun!

Catz,
Yes...I went for meet parents day. And guess what, teacher told me that L will report anything that he think is wrong, speaks like an adult but behaves at times like a baby. ha ha..

Tetra,
What happened to Lucas? Viral?

Guess what, I'm also down with runny nose. Non stop at last night's dinner. Sherilyn's fever seems to have subsided, it was quite mild to begin with. But her nose is dripping too. Apparently it's raining in Korea a lot for the next few days according to weather forecast. God, I just want to enjoy a holiday, can't I??

Aiyoh, BabyD, that's everyone's greatest fear! I'm loading the kids up with Sambucus in the meantime... sigh.. Anyway, maybe you're both just having a slight bug, so just don't push too hard in Korea, take it easy and enjoy yourselves!

PiggyD, hehehehe.. truly describes Linus to a T!

Tetra, Lucas OK now?

babyd: take care and just relax and enjoy the well-deserving trip.

I guess it must be the start of winter and Lucas caught a cold. He has returned to school for a week now, still has residual running nose but is well. Think with this episode, his immune system is ready for the winter. now it is about 8-9 @ nite and 16-20 during day.

Tetra, Ooh your weather so nice and cooling! SHIOK!!! Have your kiddos gone for flu jab? I sent the kids for last year's flu jab and H1N1 Prevenar when it came out.. hopefully it helps :p I went and took the latest flu jab just this week.. hoping it will help somewhat for my weakened immunity.

yah, i think we are one of the few who looks forward to winter. They have not had their flu jabs this year, don't think we will have that this year. In fact, the flu jab this year has caused seizure cases in young kids in perth so there was a recent report to wait till more findings is out.

but i think in your case, better to have the flu jab coz you are all going to travel and both kids are in the schools, better to have some prevention.

that day when i brought lucas to see the gp here, as usual, they did not see the need to prescribe any medicine, just give him some paracetamol if his fever returned (it was a mild fever like 38 degree in the late afternoon and then subsided). no cough or phelgm medicine, or for sore throat or for running nose. he said just to let it run the course. in spore, he would have like 4-5 medicine. good and bad lah in both cases. but medicine here is definitely cheaper, my hubby's medicine for high blood pressure was $80 in spore, the same thing here was only $21.

Tetra, eeeek.. yah nowadays I think they rush out flu jabs to capitalise on the huge profits so maybe it's best to wait it out if your kids have allergies and you're not travelling.

Aiyah I just rushed out to bring Timo to the doctor cos he has ear infection.. must be cos of all the swimming he's been doing. Sigh.. tomorrow need to go to ENT. Singapore is really very expensive to see doctor.. although you get the service that you're used to vs Aussie and English healthcare which is v similar - i.e. take panadol and wait it out :p

He's OK lah.. silly fella. Always make me panic :p $235 to see the ENT for 3 minutes of face time and suctioning of ears. Wah lau eh.

Where's everyone else? BabyD in Korea... but Tetra and you MIA for a few days.. so lonely in here.

Hi, I'm back from the mountains! It was a good trip. Sherilyn's nose dripped the entire trip so I didn't sleep so well cos everytime she moved at night, I'd check and make sure she's all covered with the duvet (until she got angry). She also stuck to me like superglue, which was a bit unexpected cos she's normally quite sticky to grandpa.

It rained a lot the first few days and was colder than expected. Main disappointment was not being able to take the cable car up Mt Sorak. Sherman shed buckets of tears over that. Side grouse was having to take several 3hr bus rides between places, but the scenery always made up for that, provided the kids took a nap too. Food was good and I was just so happy to see the kids eat every meal, esp Sherilyn. Hee hee, think she put on some weight, while I lost some from carrying her around all day. Most essential item for the trip was the Hippy Chick, think my arms would have broken off if I didn't have it. I seldom take package tours nor really enjoy it, but this was really a much needed break.

BabyD, welcome back! So you nabbed a new Furla bag, huh?
happy.gif
Nice!

Poor Sherilyn, is she all better now? This darn drippy nose seems to be everywhere. Beth's got it too and I'm doing my darndest to make sure that everyone's in tiptop shape for our 3 week trip which happens in 3 weeks! Argh...

Poor Sherman.. what happened? How come the cable car got cancelled?

BabyD,
Wowww...sounds fun. Weather too poor for cable car to operate? Oh...did you tell Sherman that there's a cable car ride? I don't dare to mention all this fun things in case it got canceled and it will break the kid's heart.

Catz,
You said it. this drippy nose is everywhere. Linus n myself are drippy. Gosh... any powerful stuff to recommend?

Yah, $235 is really really exp, really gold in the ear. I think I better get some stuff from the pharmacy to clear their ear wax, I haven't been very diligent in this dept.

haha...saw babyd's posting about her new furla bag. Well, that's the start and more to come.

I heard that the weather in Spore is very hot now, how come the kids are down with drippy nose? Last year when we traveled to Perth, I could still remember Marcus was having this bad running nose and teary eyes, wrapped in thick overalls on loan from babyd. He was still smiling all the way and slept lots which was good and easy for us. haha...

heh, saw blanche's posting and she is expecting a girl. so inspiring...

catz: so you are all geared up for your trip to US?

Piggy, it was $120 for consultation, $100 for procedure and plus GST.. $235 lor. Better go do it for L before it gets infected :p I went to Brett ENT at Mt Elizabeth. Seems he gets a lot of paediatric cases.

Tetra, yah lor really gold in the ear. :p

Yeah Blanche finally having a girl.. got all their happy SMS'es this afternoon
happy.gif

I'm gearing up for the trip - trying to make sure that everyone stays well. I'm very KS, won't bring them to playgrounds but guess what? My dad brought them to Smaland at Ikea today and now my poor girl is coughing and puking away. Sighhhhhh.

Tetra, it's hot and then suddenly the weather gets 'cold' and rainy.. hence a lot of respiratory illnesses lor. In fact last week newspapers reported that it's almost epidemic level for respiratory illnesses. Sian or what?

Really crossing fingers that we can be well for our trip to the US. Lots of activities there to enjoy!

Tetra,
Think it's a bug going around. The weather a bit cuckoo, v.v. hot, then big thunderstorm and suddenly quite cool, yoyo hot cold, of course everybody's nose starts to drip.

Piggy, Catz,
Yup, it was raining the 1st 3 days we were there. They wouldn't let anyone go up the mountain that morning until possibly late in the afternoon because it was probably too slippery up there. Sherman knew about the cable car because he had been asking non stop about what we were going to do. Didn't expect that it would be cancelled. Our tour guide was v nice, made special effort to check around to see what other cable car ride we could take to make up for it. In the end, Sherman got both the chair lift (up and down) at the theme park as well as the cable car ride up the mountain to the tallest tower in Korea. He was all chirpy after that and not disappointed anymore.

No no no, not planning to buy more bags for the moment. I'm still feeling some guilt pangs when I saw my credit card bill today. I think I got it at a decent price (S$5XX), but I really wouldn't have bought it if MIL wasn't there telling me buy lah buy lah, not like you can't afford... when I was younger, I also bought LV blah blah... Aiyoh, I felt so unfashionable when she said that, so gave into temptation and splurged. But it's a nice chic black leather bag and I like it a lot, so no regrets lah.

Piggy, haha, agreed.. although this is the first time I've heard an MIL urging a DIL to spend!

There is really a bug going around. Now Beth is coughing and puking all over the place cos she's phlegmy. Sigh.

BabyD, oh dear.. how unfortunate that they actually cancelled the cable car! Anyway luckily Sherman didn't melt down.. some kids are inconsolable that way :p So your Furla bag was under $600? Well done, that's a very good price indeed for a good bag. Most people know I have a very expensive addiction to bags. Hehe.

haha...I know more ladies in Spore are addicted to expensive bags than over here. Over here is a different sort of bag addiction - recycled bags whenever u go for your marketing and shopping coz this is the only state that doesn't supply free plastic bags - it is 10c for one.

Since I have the boys, I have changed to using big bags for all our barangs. Then I always tell my friends and relatives tt it is turned out that I always used the free bags the most coz they are big and hardy. I think my aunty got fed up or felt disgusted lah, she gave me 2 coach bags, 1 new valentino wallet, and 1 LV sling bag when I returned to Spore this year. She super siao on exp bags, buy liao then find not suitable. Of course I dun mind lah... Anyway, here also got no chance to use except occasionally for the coach bag.

Wah Piggy, 4 bags in May?!! Why didn't you wait until GSS start? Tetra, got free bags I also don't mind. I'm super slow to catch on the bagshionista trends compared to you girls, v stingy on such things, in fact I think I'm more stingy than hubby. Hee hee... Catz, actually it's waaay under $600, closer to $500. I have no idea how much Furla bags cost, that's why heart was fluttering with guilt, but it was an outlet mall so I figured it couldn't be expensive. Yah lor, MIL quite fashionable one, she got Long Champs bag, Coach wallet and even a Burberry trench coat for travelling!

BabyD,
The last 2 was during GSS. The first 2 was on sale. Anyway, I don't go for expensive bags. I go for design & if I like it, I will even but from market.
happy.gif

Tetra,
Wow...free bags... hehe..

Aiyo, what to do with kid/s on holiday?? How to keep them occupied??

Hi mummies!!!

Long time no chat!
happy.gif

Time really flies.. All the kids are attending P1 in less than 2 years time!! This thought always send me into panic attacks.. I would sometimes tear, thinking how my baby is going to adapt in school... aha

Hope to catch up with all real soon!

Cheers!

emonster: hello!!! long time didn't see you here. Lucas has started his school now and I am sure all the kids here will fit pretty well within 2 weeks in the school considering most of them have spent some time in preschool. Lucas only had like 3 mths in the kindy here, 3 mths of kindy in Spore. Have you had any school in mind liao?

haha...yah free bags, always got free bags... imagine there is one period, my fav free bag is this Brands free khaki bag - deep and hardy.

babyd: i think you mil can't wait to get you on her side then can justify for more expensive bags spree together. more to come...

catz: poor beth, hope she gets well soon for the trip. maybe better to keep the kids at home for now since so much bugs around and especially during this school holiday when there are more kids out there.

Tetra,
Hahahaha... no lah, I think that won't happen. In the same breath on that fateful day, she also said that now she's retired and doesn't need to buy this type of bag anymore. It was her daughter (my SIL) who bought her the Coach wallet and Long Champs bag, etc etc, but it was at a really cheap price at some outlet in France / USA. And the strange thing is that my SIL (both of them, in fact) doesn't carry such Gucci, LV, Coach stuff. Oh no, do you think she was hinting that perhaps me, the DIL, should also be buying her such bags and wallets?

Hi Tetra!!!
happy.gif

She's been in preschool since she's 3 but we notice and the teachers feedback that she doesn't interact much with her peers, only to the teachers. So we were rather concern and I went on the web to read about selective mutism. She display some traits but now she's starting to get quite chatty... I think most likely she will get into the pri school nearest to our place cos mine and hubby's school is quite a distance away.

talking about bags.. i have a penchant to collect cute tote/recycle bags (especially those that comes as a gift when you purchase a magazine, some are really nice)...

happy.gif

Hihi everyone, wah so many postings..

Bethany is back to her normal self.. thankfully it was just a mild cold.. nothing serious. Anyway took Timo to do his pre P1 vaccination since he needed his chickenpox booster anyway.. might as well whack all one shot :p So far so good, no fever but as with MMR, it only comes after 7 days.

Emonster, nice to see you posting again! Welcome back.. must post more k? I don't think you have to worry about her - she's just shy right? She's always been quite shy type. Not like the boys on this thread who seem to be the yakky sort. Hehe.

Tetra, wow, free branded bags, who dowan?
happy.gif
I'm a total bag freak.. Balenciaga and Chanel are my poison. Not so keen on LV. I can spend like siao.. as my friends will know. Sigh.

Piggy, I enrolled the kids in 4 day art class next week.. apart from that, no holiday plans cos want to keep them healthy for our big trip. Plan for so long, spend so much, fall sick really lugi man.

BabyD, wah your MIL is super happening. Perhaps she was hinting a leetle bit lah.. hehe.

emonster: as long as she is getting more chatty, there is no cause of concern. some kids who are quiet and shy, tend to be a keen observer about people and the environment around them. They are probably learning how to behave in certain environment by observing how other kids behave & what are the boundaries in place. oh yah, used to like those cute tote bags that come with the magazines.

catz: good to hear that Beth has recovered well. You so funny, everything also whack...haha...Better don't let Timo knows about it. yah, better keeps the kids away from crowded places and just enjoy the trip. Must be such a fun trip with the driving and scenic places to visit. Will look forward to see the photos.

BTW, I very suaku, what is Balenciaga? Actually i don't really like having the brand name printed on every part of the bag. I still prefer the brand name in a more discrete place...like my Brands khaki bag. I always tell my friends, it is still branded coz the name is 'Brands' (was sewn on this tiny rubber tag at the bottom part of the bag) but the brand is not in fashion but in chicken essence. haha... BTW, the LV bag is probably going to be stored in the storage bag for a long time, really got no chance to use it. My aunt told me it is very ex, like in 4 figure, that I must not give it to other pple, that I must not tell other people. After hearing tt, I think I better treasure it with care, most likely this bag is not going to see the daylight liao.

Mums,
I am clearing up all my stuff and have a Maclaren Volo for sale. do let me know if anyone is interested. It's seldom used and still in very good condition.

Emonster,
Welcome back. Kids are so different. I need to get Linus to keep quiet so that I can even think. haha...our problem is the opposite!

Catz,
Balenciaga too high end for me. I like to buy many many types and sizes and colours. If I buy channel or balenciaga, sure go bankrupt!!

Tetra,
Must take out and use la... The big LV can even carry Marcus.
happy.gif

Tetra,
I'm like you, also don't like the brand printed all over. You might like Furla then, it's very very discrete. On the outside, the name is imprinted just once, indenting the leather, not printed onto a bigger metallic / leather tag. I'm also quite suaku. Never heard of Balenciaga?

Piggy, I still have my trusty Triumph
happy.gif
These Maclarens are really indestructible!

Balenciaga is a very discreet brand. No tags.. just that their bags come in different shades every season which is very collectible. There is a balenciaga cult.. haha.. those in the know call them 'bbags' or 'bals'.. I love them cos they're not v common in Singapore and no logos anywhere to be found at all.

Here's the main Bal page
http://www.balenciaga.com/us/en/balenciaga/Women/Handbags.aspx

I'm really into bbags at the moment. So far I've got 3. Hoping to add more
happy.gif

LV is really very overpriced. I only get their wallets cos canvas is a lot hardier than leather.. and I dettol wipe them.. haha.

Catz,
I took a quick look. Very signature style kinda bag, but too many buckles and buttons for my liking. I like simple, clean cut bags with just a hint of detail or design. If possible, they should have lots of functional compartments inside without compromising the look.

Piggy,
Just wondering, if you have a lot of bags, how do you store & maintain them all? If I stuff the bags to keep their shape, they take up too much space. If I don't stuff them and keep them properly, they go out of shape after a period of non-use or grow mouldy. I also find it such a hassle to change bags, tend to forget to transfer something impt from one of the pockets. I normally buy and replace so that I only rotate between 2 bags usually - one for weekends and one for work. The rest just sit in my cupboard.

I went shopping last Fri pm to catch the GSS and spent $300 in Tangs on 1 x bag (big handbag for going to zoo / travelling), 4 x shoes, 3 x dresses, 1 x top. The shoes were such a bargain, got 2 cute comfy slippers for $9.90 each and 2 x leather upper shoes at 70$ off for just $24 each. They fell into the category of close eyes and buy. Even the sales girl told me at this price, the company is actually making a loss! Had to control myself from picking up more stuff, it helped that I was alone and couldn't really carry anymore than what I had without a car. =P

BabyD,
Spree yah?
happy.gif
For $300, you go a long way with so many items.
I just stuff them with papers as much as I have space for, keep them in my cupboard. Really not much I do to maintain them. I don't get mould problem so far lei.
For bags that I don't carry anymore, I give it to my helper when she sends stuff home.

BabyD, yes it's a signature style but you can be either more rock or classy depending on the hardware and leather combination you choose
happy.gif

I've given up on non-leather bags.. PU bags just fall apart after a few months of non-use. Sigh.

Wow, nice shopping at Tangs! I spent about $200+ at Robinsons on luggage and adaptors. That's about the extent of my GSS shopping. Saving my moolah for outlet shopping in California. Hehe.

Piggy, missed your posting.. didn't refresh before I posted..

Yeah it's such a nightmare to store bags properly, esp if they need to be stuffed to maintain their shape. I usually just stack them as high as I can. :p

Oh yah, BabyD, you owe me $14.99 for the spree shipping (domestic and international). Tf when you can.. thanks! Sorry I took so long to calculate.. have been so busy with this and that :p

Catz,
I tf to you already, pls check.

I find that the bags that almost last forever are soft fabric bags that are occasionally used. They store well, never grow mould and no need to stuff. Just stack them up flat. I use leather ones for work, but even these only last about 2 years before the handle wears out, cos they get so much abuse from everyday use. This is also why I could never bear to spend on branded bags before I met my Furla. *sigh* I really hope it will withstand my everyday go to work type of abuse.

PU ones I get the cheap and functional type for weekends. Won't get heart pain when my kids kick them around when we go zoo / travel. Mine usually last for a good 2 years before they start falling apart, like the one I took to Korea. Time to retire it for the new one I got at GSS! Still so pleased with my shopping haul from last Fri. =P

BabyD, hey thanks, I'll check later. Somebody's still on a shopping high, hey?
happy.gif

Fabric bags get mould spots when they're stored for too long but I guess they can be washed or spot cleaned. Can't beat those Envirosax for practicality! I have quite a few vintage Coach bags which have withstood the test of time.. they're leather. My fabric ones are looking very grubby inspite of being pre-treated with scotchguard and whatnot. Sigh.

Catz,
By fabric, I mean really basic fabric like cotton and silk. So far all my silk and cotton bags have held up to storage and maybe 1-2 times usage per year. hahaha.... I'm totally brand-less except that Furla bag to taint the record. =P

BabyD, canvas tends to go mouldy. I also like LeSportsac cos they're awfully lightweight and yet very strong and plus washable
happy.gif
Heh.. you and your guilt complex... enjoy your Furla la!!!!

Back