(2004) stay home mommies

pringles,
Alicia is so cute! She's very advanced, to be able to describe the pins and needles as 'sand'.
My bb's name is Benjamin.

carnellin,
Picnics sound fun, but I'm only free on weekdays, and the sad thing is, Sarah sleeps from about 3 to nearly 6, sometimes. And I have to cook dinner in the late afternoons.
Mornings can, but it gets hot pretty quick.

hehehee
happy.gif
same lah, my daughter also sleep at that time.. sometime i'm just bored with the routine,

so i think it would be fun if everybody bring their meal so we can share and watch our kids play together
happy.gif

Priviledged
Okay, so next time can call your lil boy Benjy or Ben in short
happy.gif
? How heavy is he now? How diff is this preg compared to previous with Sarah?

Ya, its amazing our tods can nap 3 hrs at a go at times. Do u have trouble getting her tired enough to go to bed at nite since she had a long nap?

sanrio, and other mommies live near bukit batok,

i'm considering taking cellin to the nearest PD in our neighbourhood (usually kids link in chinese Garden) so anybody know?

sanrio, and other mommies live near bukit batok,

i'm considering taking cellin to the nearest PD in our neighbourhood (usually kids link in chinese Garden) so anybody know?

augustmum,
hi, nice to c u here!

my boy is down with fever on off for 1 wk. reaslly not esay taking care of sick children. have not been really sleeping for the past 3 days. after feeding young one, old one need to take medicine. feeding him medicine is a real struggle. have to pin him down to force it into him. sometimes, he will vomit out everything!

difficult but trying to be positive. anyway, there's a season for everything. things may not be well sometimes, but i always tell myself this phase will pass. b4 i know it, my kids will have grown up. so mummies, hang on and try to enjoy their childhood with them!

hi home,
wow hang on ya.. i've been there
when i'm still in indonesia cellin keep vomitting her medicine and everything she ate, so when i moved to singapore, i come up with this idea, do you know that guardian sell a stringe that can be used to feed kids medicine (i also know this from the pharmacist)

so i can give cellin the exact amount and then mixed it with some water or juice or drinks that she like but does not effect the medicine (like soda and milk does not mix well with medicine)...

she never vommit again during taking medicine...i bought the 10 ml because usually the medicine only 3 ml then the next 7 ml i put water..

the stringe help the medicine not to spill like spoon does and i give her 2-3 ml at a time, after she swallow it 2-3 ml again until done.

i don't have to force her again, because she didn't think this is a medicine, just some fancy liquid ..
hope this is help..
be strong okay
happy.gif

Home,

Take care. Guess wat? Noah loves to take medicine.Got to keep it away from him. Once he is well, must throw the medicine away, otherwise he will ask for it

Augustmum
Hey, you still rem me? HOw come no go to the other thread anymore? We having a gathering end of the month, wanna join us?

Hey Mon2Nat,

I remembered you. Aiyoh, involved in too many threads now: sahm, august 2006 etc.

Actually, I'm a silent reader. will read the 'photo' thread when my two children are asleep. Let me check with hubby if he's available on that day. Will reply on the thread Thanks for asking
happy.gif

augustmum, Sarah also loves to take medicine. Funny hor? Some kids like medicine, some just hate it.

Pringles,
Yah, it's Ben di-di for now. We have a Godson named Benjamin also, but because my hb and I decided on the name Benjamin for a son BEFORE our Godson was born, we thought we'd just stick to the name anyway.
This pregnancy seems easier than with Sarah. I don't have as many pains and aches as last time. I'm actually still quite flexible and can do more physically. With Sarah, I think I was too sedentary. Didn't exercise enough, so had aches pains and all sorts of physical limitations. This time, I've been swimming, doing lots of housework, and thus I'm more active, so I feel fitter. This watermelon of mine is SO MUCH BIGGER than Sarah was in terms of my tummy size though. I feel like 9 months already. hahaha. Last checkup, he was about 1.7 kg at 29+wks.

Sarah is quite good with her night sleeping. By 10 pm, she's all ready to sleep, no matter how late she napped. For her naps she is a bit harder to manage. Sometimes she'll be singing, and jumping around in bed instead of napping. At times I have to threaten her, and even spank her, then she'll lie down quietly and fall asleep!! Then when she does nap, it will be for 2-3 hours.

Home,
How old is your boy? It's hard. Take care of yourself too.

carnellin,
cannot mix the medicine with other drinks leh. he knows it straight away and refuse to drink the whole thing. he's quite stubborn when it comes to tings that he doesn't like.

augustmum, priviledged,
thx. actually my boy like to take medicine in the past too. then now, doesn't like. maybe it's a phase.
my boy 2 and 1/2 yrs. very thankful he's ok now. no more medicine!
happy.gif

Hi all,
I'm a newbie here, SAHM @ Bt Batok too. Boys are K1 & P3 liao (what a relief!!) Hope to meet you all some day ...

hi kook car,
i m at bt batok too.

hi carnellin,
havnt been to any pd near our place. regular pd is dr ngiam at s'pore bb n child at gleneagles.

kook car,
wah! ur boys k1 n p3. me still a long way....... my boy is coming 2.5 yrs old n my no. 2 will b due end apr 07.

Hi Kook car...
heehee notice you from want to sell forum
happy.gif

any nice toys.. hey bukit batok too rite?
can someday i play at ur place see toys on sale for my 2yr old girl
happy.gif

i'm in bukit batok too,

sanrio,
hi
happy.gif
cellin today is 2 yr old
happy.gif

we celebrate it just the three of us at swensen

carnellin,
not easy to be positive. at times when i'm really frustrated, really feel like giving it up and run away fr my kids!

hi mummies, need some advice fr u. i think my elder boy is not able to accept my younger boy. when di di is trying gto sleep, he will sometimes make noise right in front of him. then nowadays he's also not eating and drinking milk well. i tell him must love di di coz he's part of the family. but he say dun wan di di drink milk and mummy to carry him. ai yo... what shd i do??? i used to spend a lot of time with him b4 this newborn comes. now it's like always have to tell him wait... sigh... can anyone share what u did to assure the elder one?

Hi Home,
Try not to tell hime he MUST love didi. He'll feel resentful of it, that it is nt his choice to hv a didi.

Instead, we just tell him his didi loves him very much. Especially when didi try to snatch his toys or follow him ard.

I think he need attention and confirmation that mommy still loves him just as much. Perhaps you might wish to hug/carry him for a while every time you fed didi. So that he felt as equally loved too.

Hi Carnellin... yeah, I tried to sell something there a while ago. Maybe try again later.

Tons of things to sell... Brand new and old... I PM you my website & yahoo auction if u interested. Cannot say here, else others may think I'm advertising.

When my 2nd boy turned 2 yr old, both me & hubby forgot abt his birthady totally !! Till late at nite when my mom called me, then we realised it was his birthday tt day... hahaha ... that was the joke of the year for the family.
biggrin.gif

kook_car

where do you live? i'm in bkt natok central link..
actually maybe i want to come to ur place (if possible) so cellin can pick her own (because sometime toys that i think interesting she found it boring and ended up useless
sad.gif
boo hoo

to all the mommies who have 2 kids or more..

still saluting you gals.. about older boys jealousy.. i used to be a kindergarten teacher so problems like this often occur, because usually at this age their mommy having another baby, they become more reluctant, very sticky to their mother, and often FEEL neglected... because mommy's attention are divided.

because i didn't experience it first hand, i heard a lot of mommy that succesfully "make" older kid love their new sibling are by keep informing them from the day mommy pregnant, so the older kid are prepared.. after that they keep involving the older kid to help mommy take care baby... they say it not only really helpful but mommy and older kid have "new" thing to do together, they learn responsibility too.

but like i said i experienced it second handed so, i only listen to them, but a lot say it true.

carnellin,
my boy loves cars esp little tikes. we hav 1 at hm, tot of geting him another 1. d mummy is asking for $120, a bit out of my budget too for a 2nd hand one.

carnellin,
wont b buying tat cos too ex i find. my boy simply loves cars, typical boy. we wen shopping, disturb him n pass him a doll, he push it awy n said yee....... but he likes soft toys like barney, his favourite.

carnellin,
Happy Belated Birthday to Cellin
happy.gif
wat did u get for her for her b'day?

home, kook car,
i m expecting another boy (most likely, detailed scan next wk). oso wori whether my boy wld b ok w d didi. he now oreadi demand a lot of attn. n i hav been so close to him since his birth. did tell him abt bb etc etc but he like 'si dong fei dong' at tis age.

Sorry mummies. I've been totally out of touch as life has been really busy. Mummies in Sengkang, pls pm me if you want to arrange for a playdate at home or at the playground near Bakau station.

I will be back to catch up with you all when things are more settled at home.

sanrio,
acutally i feel very attach to my elder boy. i was carrying him right to the last day that i gave birth! so when the younger one came, initially i can't accept that he took up so much of my time that i can't even have a decent talk with 1st one!! imagine a mummy also cannot accept second child, what more the toddler
happy.gif
i was more able to love bb when it came to second month. so now have to be v patient with elder and pray that things turn out well.

kook_car, carnellin,
thanks for the advice. will tell him how much didi loves him whenever i jave the chance. guess he will slowly learn to accept his didi.

meilan,

hi
happy.gif
i tought you are going abroad having a vacation or some sort heehee..

home,

yes, i guess that's why, somehow your older boy get your feeling too, maybe you just miss each other and the time you used to have together, but everything will be okay heehee just believe in the more the merrier words
happy.gif

sanrio,
i guess i have to keep delaying our playdate,
i have a cold since yesterday
sad.gif
is this because the weather or my physical condition only?

carnellin,
no prob. hope u ar feeling beta. let me noe wen lah
happy.gif
oso it seems to rain heavily evy mid/late noon..

home,
i m v attached to my boy too n vice versa. now i preg, i alwy hav tots tat i wont hav much tx to spend w my boy wen d bb cum, n i feel a litlle upset.. but i noe both ar my dearest babies alwy n i will love them equally much, jus nid somtx for d new adjustment.

thank you sanrio,
I guess many mommy want it to now heehee,
i hope i get it (it is unlikely my hubby approve buying something this pricy)
happy.gif

Hi all, I'm back
happy.gif
. Home and sanrio, I can fully identify with your mixed feelings regarding baby No. 2. During my 2nd pregnancy, I was plagued with guilt and uncertainty though we have always wanted another baby. I just felt like I was "betraying" JK after he has given us 2 years of joy by having another baby. The night when JK came with my parents to visit me after my delivery, it was a very emotional session for me facing both my babies. Luckily, Jk took to JC very well but that made me feel even more guilty. When he left, I was crying non-stop for having to let him leave. After discharge, I was constantly guilty for not having enough time for each of them. However, things got better and better and I think my husband was right that we should not have any doubt as the decision to give JK a sibling to play with could not be wrong. Today, they do fight and make each other cry (more big brother causing little sister but sometimes the other way round too) but most of the time, they enjoy each other's company very much. Just today, JC was crying non-stop with daddy carrying her and magically stopped when JK insisted on "carrying" her. We were all so amused and touched by the sweet episode
happy.gif

So, take faith through my experience and don't let any negative thoughts spoil your experience of having a second baby.

Can't remember who was the one who suggested we form a playgroup and take turns to host meaningful sessions for the kids but I think it's a great idea. I have heard of other playgroups like that and some mommies are very on in preparing and conducting the lessons (can be reading, art and craft, outing etc).

May I have an indication who will be interested in this idea?

Hi meilan,
wow..thats an interesting insight of having no 2. Regarding on the idea of having a PG, i'm all for it, do include me in
happy.gif
but i guess more mummies here are residing at SK area?

Hi Meilan
happy.gif

i'm interested in playgroup but i love in west area.. is it to far?

and wow, i never though having another kid can be so emaotional for mommies too, because surround me (only one actually my auntie) make it such an easy task. maybe because she just hand the baby to baby sitter. the feeling is so complex... wow.. all this time i only thought we just need to prepare the money, room, habits, and things like that leh..physical things...am beginning to question myself am i ready for my second?...

meilan,
tks for d sharing
happy.gif
okie i will remind myself to stay positive. wat is d age gap btw ur 2?
if playgp, likely to b wen n wat tx? like carnellin, i stay in d west too.

Hi Meilan and all,
I joined a playgroup when my boys were 2-3 yrs old. I find that mommies benefit more than kids, it is very good support & bonding for the mommies too. I make very good friends from there. TOTALLY support the idea !!
bounce.gif

The group neednt start big. Just 3-6 kids as starters, once a week. Can take turns to go to each other's place, or permenant set at a particular hsehold. Dun hv to plan BIG program, just story telling and drawing as starters would be great.

I stay @ Bt Batok leh.

My boys are K2 & P3 liao. But if I can help to start ball rolling, I'll be glad to host the 1st round.

Back